Zones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zones

2.6

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in September 2018.

Interview

Seemed very organized, great initial vibe after interviewing on different occasions for multiple positions. Excluded after some time without any follow-up, seemed that they were interviewing just to have a required amount. Finally removed the recruiter from my contacts, got a phony feeling and realized I'd rather not work for a company that wastes my time.

Client Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

The HR person will reach out to you to schedule an interview. The first interview will be over the phone. The second interview will be onsite w/ 3-4 managers of the specific department you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been put in a situation where you needed to act quickly and come to a decision but your manager wasn't available? What did you do?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

When I had my interview back in 2013 it was pretty easy. Pretty standard questions and talk about your experience. I had 2 separate interviews, one with 2 of the Sales Managers and one with the Director of Sales. However I've heard that has changed and now is more of a panel interview process by all the Sales Managers.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your greatest achievements so far in the work place?   Answer Question

Integration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zones (Streamwood, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy Phone interview, started next week. All needed to do was submit hiring docs. Just stay away from this company to many people become slaves to them which they don't mind using you till won't be there slave any more. just save yourself the trouble.

Interview Questions

• This company was desperate for techs in 2016 and it has only gotten worse at the hell house.   1 Answer

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones (Chicago, IL) in August 2018.

Interview

Asked to set up an initial phone interview. A time was set and I made myself available. The time came and went and after waiting I sent a short email to the HR rep to touch base and hope everything was well.

At that time we realised that we had failed to specify time zones and had our times crossed. A silly but easy mistake to make.

The HR rep then emails and tries to schedule a time about 30 minutes in advanced. Unfortunately as I was working I did not see this email until about 5 minutes before her newly proposed time. I responded right away when seeing the email but no call or email came.

After this, I emailed again, apologizing for not seeing the email and proposing new times, all converted to her time zone for convenience.

No further response was received after this attempt to clear up the confusion.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a meeting with several department members. They asked questions regarding my experience and education. They also asked why I wanted to work for their company.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zones (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Called and asked me a bunch of IT related questions. Asked about customer relation skills, Asked if I was willing to travel. Asked if I could work with IT, C Level players, and purchasing. Asked if I had a car. Asked how many customers I could bring to the table, book of business.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

What a mess! The HR person originally emailed me to set up a phone interview. We agree on a date and time--a Monday afternoon. However, on the Friday prior, she called at 10:13am, got my VM, and apologized for being so late to the interview call, which apparently she thought was scheduled for Friday at 10. I was out that day and didn't get the message until late afternoon and immediately called her to let her know that we weren't scheduled until Monday. I didn't want her to think I'd had blown her off! (Thankfully the email trail backed up me--always a dicey position to be in as a job searcher. ) At that call, she asked if we could change the time from Monday to Tuesday. I say sure, not a problem. So, what happens on Monday? She calls then. I say "I can totally take the call now, but do you want to do it tomorrow at the time you'd requested, or I'm happy to talk now if you want." She asks if we could do it on Tuesday, so we hang up, and then FINALLY on Tuesday, we have the call.

It went well and she said she'd talk to the hiring manager and that she was sure he'd want to talk to me, and she'd get back to me in a couple of days to set up a time. I hear nothing. I email her and she gets back to me telling me that the hiring manager had found someone else a few days earlier and had made an offer to that person.

The reviews for Zones here on Glassdoor are certainly not great. I decided to give them a chance anyway. Obviously, a mistake. Hopefully they will all get their act together soon.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions about marketing. Nothing extraordinary.   Answer Question

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones in June 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Standard questions about background and qualifications. At the end of the interview they requested to schedule a 2nd, more in depth interview the following week. Then at the appointed time they were a no show. Not only did the hiring manager not show to the interview, but the company recruiter wouldn't respond to an email about the appointment. Pretty disrespectful of my time. I had reservations about the culture before this experience as there isn't one female senior executive shown on their website or in their marketing content, and this experience sealed the deal that it isn't the culture for me. Not interested in going to work for the old boys club.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with marketing automation.   Answer Question

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones (Seattle, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

BUYER BEWARE! Stay away from this company! Based on my interview experience for a middle management position, the HR people are unprofessional and are completely out of touch with upper management in the company. The company sees employees as an expendable resource that can be expanded or reduced based on business conditions.

Interview Questions

• The layers of management are not consistent with what they are looking for!   Answer Question