Zones Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA).

Interview

I found the interview process to be streamlined and efficient. I completed 2 phone interviews, an in-person interview, and a panel interview within 3 weeks. All interviewers were well prepared and posed questions that were both relevant to the position and appropriate to learn the skills of the person applying.

The HR team supporting the interview process was timely with communication, transparent with the process, and promptly followed up after each interview.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions posed around hypothetical projects and how I would organize/manage them   Answer Question

Brand Champion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA).

Interview

A recruiter had reached out to me about the position. I had three separate emails with Zones. I was told that I was very well liked and was chosen for the position. I was given a start date, but no contract yet. After a few weeks of delay, they informed the recruiter that they decided to hire someone from within after telling me that I was chosen for the position. Completely unprofessional and disrespectful. I was seriously appalled by how this was handled and was honestly relieved that this happened as that is not the type of company I want to work for.

Interview Questions

• - Work Experience
      - Customer Experience
      - Public Speaking experience
      - Skills   Answer Question

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones in June 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Standard questions about background and qualifications. At the end of the interview they requested to schedule a 2nd, more in depth interview the following week. Then at the appointed time they were a no show. Not only did the hiring manager not show to the interview, but the company recruiter wouldn't respond to an email about the appointment. Pretty disrespectful of my time. I had reservations about the culture before this experience as there isn't one female senior executive shown on their website or in their marketing content, and this experience sealed the deal that it isn't the culture for me. Not interested in going to work for the old boys club.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with marketing automation.   Answer Question

Brand Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zones (Auburn, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Called by recruiter. Did some questions over phone. Passed on for interview with manager. Interviewed at Auburn, WA location. After interview, was never contacted again even to let me know if they had hired someone else and I was not selected. It has been 5+ weeks now. This is not common practice with companies when you interview someone. Reading previous reviews, this practice seems common place though for this company.

The interview process itself was fun. The aftermath was horrible. For a sales company, you would think followup would be common practice and expected. Apparently, that is only expected of their sales personnel following up to sell their products.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Background
      2.)Product Experience
      3.) How I interact with team
      4.) Public Speaking
      5.) Training People   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zones (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. Talked to HR first and he was very helpful. Interviewed with the VP next and he was professional and easy to talk to. Third interview was good.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have selling complex datacenter solutions   Answer Question

Director, IT Service Delivery Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zones.

Interview

Recruiter engaged me and convinced me to consider the role, which would have meant a relocation to Auburn, WA. I was set up twice for the interview. On both occasions, the interviewer didn't call or send any contact that he needed to reschedule. The first time, I called the recruiter and she was very nonchalant about it, telling me that sometimes this person just got busy and failed to call. After the second occurrence, I withdrew my candidacy based on the lack of professionalism and respect for others.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zones (Cerritos, CA).

Interview

relatively easy just going thru my experience from my prior position and answering as best I could eventually leading to a job offer. Answered some technical and customer related questions on how to handle difficult clients

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by company recruiter 1 month after I submitted my resume. First I had a phone screening interview with the recruiter, easy questions. Then I was scheduled to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next step was to WebEx interview with the SVP. On the interview day, I was the first to log in to the WebEx meeting room, waited for 30 minutes and the SVP did not show up. I called the recruiter. They rescheduled a phone interview instead of WebEx since obviously something is messed up with the WebEx. On the phone interview day, the SVP did NOT call. I called the recruiter and was told that she was dragged into an emergency meeting. Later the recruiter sent an email saying that the SVP decided to recruit internally for this position. Overall impression on this company is negative, even though the recruiter was very easygoing, flexible and helpful with setting up& testing WebEx. It seems the company is badly organized and dealing with a lot of chaos.
    Coincidentally, days later, 2 of my email accounts got temporarily suspended because somebody was using my account sending a lot of junk messages.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an external team that has conflicts with your priorities?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zones.

Interview

The interviews and interviewers were pleasant and easy, but it's obvious that the company is in chaos and has no systems in place to manage it. It's also obvious they don't want 'free thinking' people.

Phone interview with recruiter, then in person interview with hiring manager, then a final interview with another manager.

The final interview seemed to be going well enough until I was asked what questions I had for the interviewer. I mentioned that I had done a bit of research on the company prior to coming in for the interview, as any company would expect a good candidate to do prior to coming in for a manager-level interview. I asked about the high employee turnover and what systems they had in place to smooth out the situation, if any. The interviewer was still pleasant, but he also seemed put off and started questioning my motives as to why I would still want to work at Zones considering the nature of my question.

Answer - Because I like a good challenge and if the company realizes it has a problem and is willing to acknowledge and fix it, then I want to be "in" as part of the solution.

I guess if you have a company that is looking for drones, having a candidate who asks tough questions (because I am also interviewing you) is not a good fit.

Integration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zones (Streamwood, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy Phone interview, started next week. All needed to do was submit hiring docs. Just stay away from this company to many people become slaves to them which they don't mind using you till won't be there slave any more. just save yourself the trouble.

Interview Questions

• This company was desperate for techs in 2016 and it has only gotten worse at the hell house.   1 Answer