Zscaler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zscaler Interview Questions

Interviews at Zscaler

3.3

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zscaler in January 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter and then 1 week later a call with hiring manager. Phone screen went well but the interview with hiring manager was a little difficult as his expectations were way out of synch with the recruiter. I never heard back even though the hiring manager wanted to have another phone discussion.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to do a presentation on your knowledge of networking?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zscaler.

Interview

Long process, multiple interviews. first coding interview online, then corp HR interview, then technical interview with local office engineer. Final interview with additional local office staff. Technical interview with engineer was difficult, they ask about mostly theoretical concepts, not hands-on skills.

Interview Questions

• They dove deep into my resume, asked specific questions about topics that were used on there specifically multithreading and socket communication.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zscaler in November 2019.

Interview

They were helpful and I had the online assessment which was easy/normal I think. After that, they have the 2 other phone interviews and one on site interview. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 coding questions and 8 mcqs for online interview.There was a graph question which was asking minimum path. Another question was a regex question.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zscaler (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The recruiter reached out via Inmail on LinkedIn. A phone call with the hiring manager and a traditional Desi type panel interview consisting of 5 team members including the hiring manager. Two of the engineers did not show up to work and the interview ended 1 hour earlier.

Hiring Manager - A cool guy who mostly aimed at extracting information from you in all possible ways. One of the better interview experiences in recent times.

Interviewer 1 - A middle-aged guy who was obsessed with HTTP. He started with versions of HTTP and went on with headers, header format for Request, header format for Response, and whatever possible he could think of HTTP.
    Disclaimer - I wasn't able to answer most of the questions, and I failed to understand the obsession with all the HTTP questions. He did not even ask a word apart from HTTP and walked out.

Interviewer 2 - This guy attended the call remotely. Started off with HTTP stuff again. He suggested TRACEROUTE works using ICMP, but my dear brother please revise your networking basics before interviewing. Traceroute uses UDP on a Linux machine and ICMP on a windows machine. Now you remember who I am. :)

Interviewer3 - A decent guy who again asked me about Postman, another HTTP related question. Asked me about IPSec, and other methods.

Overall, the interview process was more focused on how a direct competitor (the company i worked for) solved issues differently, rather than what I knew and what role i played.

There were absolutely ZERO programming questions, NO preference to Automation, I did not even write a single IF statement on the board.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zscaler.

Interview

The hiring process was quick but highly in-efficient; I applied online using the company portal and got a response from the recruiter the next day for a quick phone call. The call went well and he put me through to speak with the hiring manager. The schedules were changed a couple of times at the last moment and finally, I managed to speak with the hiring manager. The conversations went well and the manager mentioned about bringing me in onsite soon.

The onsite interview was scheduled for 4 hours with 4 different interviewers. This was not the panel interview that Zscaler usually does for other positions. I was called in at 9 am, and no one showed up till 9.30. This felt not good, to begin with. Met with the SVP to start the interview and was asked questions around my background; what I currently do etc.

For my 2nd interview slot; the interviewer just didn't show up! The recruiter was kind enough to stay with me during that time. Then the interviewer shows up and acts all pricey! I mean, yes you might be a VP at Zscaler, but doesn't mean you make others feel they know nothing! Then the hiring manager was scheduled but could not make it. I guess you get the point on how organized these folks are.
    I got a clue and in my mind, I already knew this is not the right place to work. Again; asked a couple of friends who work here, and they mention employees are not valued.
    Also; the hiring manager not showing up for the interview at least to see off; that's really a huge red flag to me.!
    On a positive note; instead of keeping me hanging; I was happy that they at least responded with rejection and lo and behold! The reason was not enough experience! Did someone not even read my resume, to begin with? :)

Interview Questions

• Explain the thought process of creating a new product?   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zscaler (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process is detailed, multi-step and incredibly exciting. You speak with many people within the organization (not just those directly impacted by your role) to ensure you are not only a fit for your role, but also an asset to the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Zscaler?   2 Answers
    • Q: Tell us about past accolades.   2 Answers

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zscaler (Atlanta, GA) in July 2019.

Interview

* Self Introduction
    * File Server architecture
    * Strong architecture knowledge in all the tools mentioned
    * Security knowledge will be a plus, especially cloud security
    * No book questions all questions were from what you explain.
    * SQL problem
    * Data transformation problem

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zscaler in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online. Received an OA first. The OA has different types of questions including filling in the blanks and MCQ. I thought that I did not do very well in the OA but I still got a phone call with the recruiter.
    However, I got rejected after the phone call with the recruiter and I have no idea why. Probably they evaluated the results of OA after the phone call with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• bit operation. Exchange a given binary number's even digits and odd digits (not taking the complement). For example, input = 23 (b00010111), output = 43 (b00101011).   Answer Question

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zscaler (San Jose, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

1st Glider test link with questions related to networking, code snippets. 2nd Talk with HR. 3rd Video call with a technical interviewer for an Hour. Last 3 Hr onsite with 2 or 3 ppl.

Interview Questions

• Video call interview walked through my resume, all projects and Intern experience. Onsite interview was worst with one of the interviewer. Easy questions on using hash maps and data structure related questions. Some basic c++ questions and OS related questions.

I had not mentioned c in my resume and they expected socket programming, this they informed me only during the onsite round. This was the reason they gave me for my rejection as well.

My question to the HR and video interviewer guy is, if they wanted a specific skill why dont they tell me at the beginning.

HR certainly bragged a lot about the company , stock values and they handled me so badly through their interview process. I am very lucky i got rejected from them. Organization is definitely doing very good. The HR who handled my candidacy and 1 interviewer onsite are probably the worst people i have come across interviews.

I certainly look at reviews on glassdor and i have never written reviews till now. This company interview process made me do so.   Answer Question
    • Learn in depth about Hash Maps in detail with the complexity of the operations.   Answer Question

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zscaler (San Jose, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

5 1-on-1 interviews right after each other on the same day. Took about 3-4 hours. Talked about everything from Zscaler life to technical questions about networking, hypothetical situations for wide distribution of process simultaneously, and thought process analysis.

Interview Questions

• How would you propagate changes to a hundred thousand nodes effectively?   1 Answer