Adjunct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adjunct Interview Questions

Adjunct interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What was my interest in teaching this course.

1 Answer

I explained how teaching these general courses always expanded my view of my own narrow field. Now this answer wouldn't be helpful so far... the key is to explain how particular aspects of a course (that you would teach) inspire your academic pursuits. Perhaps you will find that teaching the course would be hell. Good luck, all.

"How would you handle a student who thought you were too young / too old to teach?"

1 Answer

Describe your teaching style.

2 Answers

How did I get into teaching.

1 Answer

They wanted me to do a role play but the person playing the student was just bizarre! I've taught for 7+ years and am a licensed counselor. If someone acted this way in real life, I would assess for severe cognitive impairment and refer to disability resources office! They must have wanted a certain, specific phrase or response. But, with years of teaching and counseling, it was still a mystery to me. They praised me highly and went on and on in person and via email... then abruptly hired someone else. Was basically a waste of time. In my experience, PCC already knows who they want to hire. They only post a position and interview other candidates because they have to by law. In reality, it's just to check off that they did it. So, if your dept chair didn't invite you to interview, you're probably wasting your time!

1 Answer

Do you have any previous experience in teaching at the college level?

1 Answer

Asked about my work experiences.

1 Answer

Give me an example of what you would do with a BSN Nursing student that was a threat to the patient and made clinical or medication errors.

1 Answer

Can you find your way to the HR office?

1 Answer

I was asked about my teaching style.

110 of 880 Interview Questions