dressbarn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2018

2.3

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Had to wait a while for manager to get interviewed because their scheduling was a mess. Be sure to wear something professional and fashionable because you're definitely going to get looked up and down and judge by what you wear. The actual interview consisted of very few questions and the manager talked the entire time about their life and family, instead of me. Then had to do a second round interview to meet the other manager; who again talked about themselves mostly.

Interview Questions

• What is one experience you had dealing with an upset customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn in April 2018.

Interview

I had an in person interview. It lasted around 20 minutes. I was interview by the store manager. The only part of the interview that was a bit difficult... I was asked put together an outfit. I had never been in that particular store before. I really had no idea where things were ECT.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

Literally walked in, got asked a question about clothes and was told I got the job.
    It was hands-down the easiest interview I ever had. Just be happy when you walk in, look presentable (i.e. look at what the employees wear day-to-day and try to emulate their looks...but for the interview don't wear jeans.)

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

Talk about yourself, learn about the company and the position and what's asked of you. Questions asked from interviewer and just talking getting to know each other. Followed by touring the store. Spoke about when I'd hear back about the outcome of interview.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall having a hard or difficult question but I do remember being asked if I knew about the company at all.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dressbarn (Murfreesboro, TN).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and quick. I was emailed after I filled out the application to take an assessment, then called the next for an interview. I called back and came in the same day for an interview. She told me I scored very high on the assessments, and she wanted to hire me. She was just worried about me being full-time in school and also working another part-time job. She really only asked about my availability and if I felt I could handle having two jobs while also going to school. She said she was going to take a chance on me since I had so much experience and scored highly on all of the assessments. She sent me the hiring offer while I was sitting there and we scheduled a day for me to come in for my first day of training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The store manager was really nice, but informed me the only available position was part-time, when the job I applied for clearly stated full-time. Since she did seem like a nice person to work for, I let her keep my resume on file in the event that a full-time position opened up.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about pervious roles at current company, what I could bring to the table   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dressbarn (Visalia, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

3 thirty min interviews. Two in person interviews with store leaders. One over the phone interview with district manager. The first two were very easy going, more of why you would be a good fit. The last one was very difficult since the District Manager was not personable at all. Very dry and wanted you to explain every answer.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Mahwah, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Went on a day that it was pouring out, should have taken that as an omen!
    Interviewed with FOUR woman for the PD position for the knitwear line. They were all really nice and friendly but it was all so repetitive...makes you wonder why they just all didn't have the interview all at once. The facilities are beautiful. Interview went really well though or so it seemed, they even asked if I needed to go see HR after because I believe the last woman interviewing me thought I had been hired or something. I was really excited about it and they left me hanging. Not even the courtesy of saying I did not get the position which i asked for them to let me know either way if i did or did not. I sent a follow up individually to each of them thanking them for taking the time to meet with me etc. and even followed up two weeks later knowing the hiring process can be long and nothing. Just rude AT least give the courtesy of that, I had driven an HOUR out there in the pouring rain, had to walk from the parking lot a ways because there was all visitor parking filled. Walk in soaked to get an attitude from the stuffing receptionist claiming i did not have an interview when i had the emails pulled up on my phone. For a big company I found it unprofessional to not even give the time of day to answer a thank you email or a follow up.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Hilliard, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the store Manager who talked to me casually for roughly 15 minutes. Afterward an Assistant Store Manager interviewed me and I got a negative vibe from her. She seemed to have a Napoleonic Complex, as she was very short and a little heavy. After she interviewed me she remarked, "Well, your resume is impressive...," as if to say I wasn't in person, but the resume was.

I was given a tour of the store and told all about the duties.

The biggest drawback is that they expect all employees to wear their clothing on the sales floor. That would be quite expensive to purchase a whole wardrobe just for work and if that's a prerequisite to the job, (and they're paying only $13/hr!!) I'm not interested; I'd have no paycheck to bring home.

At the end of the interview, I made it clear I wasn't enthusiastic about their dress code expectation and had no questions. I'm sure they read my disinterest. Even so, they said they'd be contacting me - yet never did. That was perfectly fine. I wouldn't want to work for a company who basically pays employees with clothing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work together as a team on a project.   1 Answer
    • Do you like fashion?   1 Answer

Fashion Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dressbarn (Phila, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Appeared to be friendly and welcoming. Interviewer appeared to be understanding and humorous. At times felt the interviewer seemed to want to be confusing and unclear with questions. Questions Long and drawn out.