dressbarn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.2

Customer Experience Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (New York, NY).

Interview

Very basic interview for an entry level job. All of the skills for the job are easy to learn, so they are looking to make sure you have a personality that will work when you are on the phones with customers and stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millcreek, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Millcreek, UT).

Interview

I applied for a full time assistant manager position. I was invited to an interview, where I was informed that the only position open was a part time store clerk. This was probably the most unprofessional interview I've ever been to, and that's saying a lot. The manager was not prepared with questions, nor had she really even looked at my resume. She acted like she was better than me and that I was wasting her time. At the very end, she asked me to go out into the store to select a nice outfit. When I came back, it was as if she had forgotten about me. That was the end if the interview, I awkwardly brought the items back and left.

Interview Questions

• Go out into the store, and select an outfit you might suggest for a customer who is going on a date night.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Suffern, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

easy and extremely simple once I was actually taken in for an interview. It was short and to the point. They asked simple questions and were clearly looking for certain answers.

Part-Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

I was an internal hire, but the process is the same for external. Sat down with Store Leader and AMG, they asked question pertaining to our Team on how I could elevate business, what could I bring to the Management team and so forth. This was about an hour long. Which after all the interviews were conducted a discussion was made and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Who inspires you?   Answer Question
    • Can you recall a time where you had an irate customer, how were you able to clam the customer down and handle the issues at hand?   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at dressbarn (Mahwah, NJ).

Interview

I was called back about 3 weeks after I e-mailed my resume. After interview, which went really well, I was told I'd get a call or e-mail a week later. That never happened. I called, e-mailed various time without a response. Finally, was called for the job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was less than 30 min like any other job interview that was the easiest interview I have ever had it was really in and out simple question

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

A fairly relaxed interview. It was more about getting to know my personality than my work history. I first met with the store manager. Then I met with the district manager.

Anonymous Employee in Horseheads, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn (Horseheads, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with Assistant manager and then another store manager. I was not able to interview with the District manager as she was called for jury duty. But, not for that i eould have had an interview with her.

Interview Questions

• How would i deal with an unhappy customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

In quire before the interview what other people in similar positions are making in your area.

Full-Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dressbarn (Crystal Lake, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Went in with my resume about the job after seeing it on glass door and asked to speak to manager on duty. While talking with them she complimented me on how I came in all dressed up nice looking for a job but, said the job was no longer available. And apologized for me driving all the way out there to talk to her about what I had seen online.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job I was looking for?   2 Answers

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very professional, problem solving skills of how they're used, pasted jobs, criminal history, skills you frequently use with other people, how would you greet a customer, very competitive and very calm normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If a team member was to be doing something they're suppose to be doing would you notify the store manager?
      How well do you work with others?
      What is your strongest ability?
      Are you a people person?
      Answer Question