dressbarn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dressbarn (Murfreesboro, TN).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and quick. I was emailed after I filled out the application to take an assessment, then called the next for an interview. I called back and came in the same day for an interview. She told me I scored very high on the assessments, and she wanted to hire me. She was just worried about me being full-time in school and also working another part-time job. She really only asked about my availability and if I felt I could handle having two jobs while also going to school. She said she was going to take a chance on me since I had so much experience and scored highly on all of the assessments. She sent me the hiring offer while I was sitting there and we scheduled a day for me to come in for my first day of training.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

The store manager was really nice, but informed me the only available position was part-time, when the job I applied for clearly stated full-time. Since she did seem like a nice person to work for, I let her keep my resume on file in the event that a full-time position opened up.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about pervious roles at current company, what I could bring to the table   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Mahwah, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Went on a day that it was pouring out, should have taken that as an omen!
    Interviewed with FOUR woman for the PD position for the knitwear line. They were all really nice and friendly but it was all so repetitive...makes you wonder why they just all didn't have the interview all at once. The facilities are beautiful. Interview went really well though or so it seemed, they even asked if I needed to go see HR after because I believe the last woman interviewing me thought I had been hired or something. I was really excited about it and they left me hanging. Not even the courtesy of saying I did not get the position which i asked for them to let me know either way if i did or did not. I sent a follow up individually to each of them thanking them for taking the time to meet with me etc. and even followed up two weeks later knowing the hiring process can be long and nothing. Just rude AT least give the courtesy of that, I had driven an HOUR out there in the pouring rain, had to walk from the parking lot a ways because there was all visitor parking filled. Walk in soaked to get an attitude from the stuffing receptionist claiming i did not have an interview when i had the emails pulled up on my phone. For a big company I found it unprofessional to not even give the time of day to answer a thank you email or a follow up.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Hilliard, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the store Manager who talked to me casually for roughly 15 minutes. Afterward an Assistant Store Manager interviewed me and I got a negative vibe from her. She seemed to have a Napoleonic Complex, as she was very short and a little heavy. After she interviewed me she remarked, "Well, your resume is impressive...," as if to say I wasn't in person, but the resume was.

I was given a tour of the store and told all about the duties.

The biggest drawback is that they expect all employees to wear their clothing on the sales floor. That would be quite expensive to purchase a whole wardrobe just for work and if that's a prerequisite to the job, (and they're paying only $13/hr!!) I'm not interested; I'd have no paycheck to bring home.

At the end of the interview, I made it clear I wasn't enthusiastic about their dress code expectation and had no questions. I'm sure they read my disinterest. Even so, they said they'd be contacting me - yet never did. That was perfectly fine. I wouldn't want to work for a company who basically pays employees with clothing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work together as a team on a project.   1 Answer
    • Do you like fashion?   1 Answer

Fashion Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dressbarn (Phila, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Appeared to be friendly and welcoming. Interviewer appeared to be understanding and humorous. At times felt the interviewer seemed to want to be confusing and unclear with questions. Questions Long and drawn out.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application in February and was called back in early April. I went on my interview on the 12. Very laid back interview. Not many questions were asked but rather more about what the job was going to be about and what I'll do on a daily basis. Their main concern is whether you have outside commitments and if you have are very flexible. I don't have any retail experience so I think that wasn't what they were looking for. But she told me that if I was hired they wouldn't put me on the register but work on the floor while I get trained enough to take the cash register.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Colonial Heights, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Everything went well and if you been in interviews before it's basic questions like "tell me about your self " " how would describe a typical day at home or work at another job, or what's is your availablity

Interview Questions

• If there was a problem with a co worker how would u resolve that issue?   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked to come in before the store opened. After accepting the position there's a lot of online paperwork. You also walk the floor during the interview. I enjoyed it. It flowed smoothly.

Interview Questions

• - why did you apply to dressbarn?
      - tell me about yourself?
      - what do you like about fashion?
      It's pretty generic and if you really wanna impress them just state stuff about ready to wear fashion and they will love you.. it's pretty easy   Answer Question

Customer Experience Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (New York, NY).

Interview

Very basic interview for an entry level job. All of the skills for the job are easy to learn, so they are looking to make sure you have a personality that will work when you are on the phones with customers and stores

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Millcreek, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Millcreek, UT).

Interview

I applied for a full time assistant manager position. I was invited to an interview, where I was informed that the only position open was a part time store clerk. This was probably the most unprofessional interview I've ever been to, and that's saying a lot. The manager was not prepared with questions, nor had she really even looked at my resume. She acted like she was better than me and that I was wasting her time. At the very end, she asked me to go out into the store to select a nice outfit. When I came back, it was as if she had forgotten about me. That was the end if the interview, I awkwardly brought the items back and left.

Interview Questions

• Go out into the store, and select an outfit you might suggest for a customer who is going on a date night.   1 Answer