dressbarn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at dressbarn

2.2

Sort:

Corporate Office Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

I interviewed 3 times with this company. Once was with one department who shot me down even though I was experienced and they have had the position opened for months! I think the manager just wasn't happy with anything. The second interview was for a different position. It went great and I was called back. I was very excited. The second interview went great as well, the only thing was that they refused to negotiate pay! I was taken on a tour and I was given all the information. The office is AMAZING! So beautiful and the company really cares about the employees. However, I was told I would receive a call back and never did. I had to call several times to hear back and when I did, I was told that the position was given internally but they were finding something else. That never happened and I didn't hear back until months later. They reached out asking if I would like the job now since the internal candidate resigned already. I said no.

Interview Questions

I declined after I was asked months later. At that point, why would I want to go somewhere that didn't want to hire me in the first place? Sometimes internal candidates are not better!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at dressbarn (Myrtle Beach, SC) in March 2011.

Interview

Walked in and introduced myself, resume in hand..got an on the spot interview with the manager. She set me up with an interview with the district manager a few days later..met her at a store.Interview lasted about half an hour..included the usual questions..."why do you want to work here".." what are your strengths"..told me about the culture..very credit card selling oriented..seemed a bit of a stuffy environment for me..i like a little bit younger demographic..and a little bit "hipper" atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a difficult customer..and how did you turn that into a positive experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

apply online we call you in based on how you do on a test. the test is used to see your reliability and if you would be a team player or a lazy person who tries to slide. the interview questions themselves are quite simple mostly what you did in your past positions and situation questions,

Interview Questions

• we look for uniqueness and customer oriented people who are motivated and take the initiative on their own.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dressbarn (Lubbock, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The lady interviewing was friendly, provided alot of information about the job and that she was very interested in hiring me. She didn't hire me and kept calling to see if I was working anywhere and in the end seemed like something was amiss with her.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences in retail?
      How long have you worked in retaill?
      What stores did your work at?
      Why do you want to work in retail?
      What hours can you work?
      What are your long-term goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Sacramento, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Manager asked standard interview questions, open ended. Also questions about personality, lifestyle, how to deal with a stress, and handle a difficult customer experience situations. I came prepared with a copy of my resume, just in case. My hiring manager connected with me and called for a second interview with a DL. I got an offer with in a week. Always negotiate your offer, and never agree right a way.

Interview Questions

• Where do you getting inspirations for an outfit or fashion ideas?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dressbarn (Hilliard, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the store Manager who talked to me casually for roughly 15 minutes. Afterward an Assistant Store Manager interviewed me and I got a negative vibe from her. She seemed to have a Napoleonic Complex, as she was very short and a little heavy. After she interviewed me she remarked, "Well, your resume is impressive...," as if to say I wasn't in person, but the resume was.

I was given a tour of the store and told all about the duties.

The biggest drawback is that they expect all employees to wear their clothing on the sales floor. That would be quite expensive to purchase a whole wardrobe just for work and if that's a prerequisite to the job, (and they're paying only $13/hr!!) I'm not interested; I'd have no paycheck to bring home.

At the end of the interview, I made it clear I wasn't enthusiastic about their dress code expectation and had no questions. I'm sure they read my disinterest. Even so, they said they'd be contacting me - yet never did. That was perfectly fine. I wouldn't want to work for a company who basically pays employees with clothing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work together as a team on a project.   1 Answer
    • Do you like fashion?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at dressbarn in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple I sent in my application and within a week I got a call back. I was then interview by two managers and was offer the job two days later.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at dressbarn.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, scheduled for the same day. Process was detailed, but the same as I've experienced at other retail companies. There was time for questions/answers from both sides which was appreciated.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

The first step was a phone call with an HR coordinator. She was very friendly and asked basic screening questions. Next was an in-person interview with the hiring manage who was also very friendly and enthusiastic, followed by an interview with someone in the department I was going to be interning for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into marketing?
      What interests you about the company?   Answer Question

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dressbarn (Mahwah, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did a phone screening interview with HR about a week or so later. Then I came in the office for an interview with the Senior Copywriter then I got an email that night asking me to come in again for an interview with the Executive Creative Director.
    All my interviews felt like conversations so that was really great.