Principal technical program manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Principal technical program manager Interview Questions

principal technical program manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Lots of behavioral questions that map directly onto their leadership values

3 Answers

As an Amazon employee who interviewed and hired a lot of people here, I've created a guide that has all the questions and winning answers from an Amazonian recruiter perspective. Please check it out at interviewjoy.com/services/interview-process-details/amazon-senior-manager-interview-questions/

Hi There, Thanks for posting about your recent interview. I will also be interviewing for a Principal level TPM role at Amazon, Santa Monica. It would be of great help if you could share more about the specific team and questions you were asked. We could also take this chat on email if you prefer that.

Hey How did your interview go? Would you mind sharing your experience.

Describe how you handle a situation when the team/management disagreed with you

1 Answer

Why are you leaving a large tech firm after so many years of service?

1 Answer

Hiring Manager provided role play scenarios to developing a new product. Asked questions about my approach to requirements gathering, working with others, communicating work progress and stoppage. How I would manage an unhappy or aggressive customer.

1 Answer

Typical Program Mgmt type questions - lot of focus on the 'artifacts' or output that a tech PM will provide or generate.

1 Answer

Recruiter sent a set of questions to answer and send them a copy. Questions were focusing in your failures, achievements, Amazon leadership and how it maps to your experience, as well as explain the most difficult project you got involved. I needed to prepare that before they arrange/offer a phone interview. Prior to my interview, I expressed the recruiter that I do not write code and I do not want questions to be asked in coding or SW design. I did not have any problems with SW project management, requirements and etc. My main background was HW. In my phone interview, there was not any single question about Amazon leadership or any questions about my resume. Only question was about API design and detail system SW design. I thought this is program management position and I felt uncomfortable with SW API design questions.

1 Answer

Situational Based questions about ccurrent experience

1 Answer

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What is the system design of the most complex project you've worked on?