Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018
3,702 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and almost casual. I felt very relaxed and appreciated the enormous help of the recruiter I had contact with. I had two interviews over the phone, one with a recruiter and one with a manager. I had a third interview in person. I received a call only a few hours after the final interview with a verbal offer.

Class of Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

3 phone interviews with individuals in increasingly high positions of power. First was a recruiter, and next two were with managers. Questions were mostly behavioral with a significant focus on transferable experiences and career goals.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

submitted my application on line through the company's website and a couple days later received an email regarding a phone screen. Set up the phone screening to a time that was better for me. The recruiter was very flexible.

Interview Questions

• tell me your strengths and weaknesses?
      tell me about a time you used your leadership skills to help someone out?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle in February 2018.

Interview

Firstly the HR will contact you with the information to book the travel. The flight and hotel expenses just went through the company's bill. You can also book the car rental, and have a look at San Francisco before the day of the interview. The reimbursement policy is pretty generous.

I interviewed with three teams. Most of the interviewer are team manager. The first team asked a lot about the projects on my resume, as well as some knowledge might be used in their group. And they also ask something about basic language usage. The second and third group asked some algorithms questions, they are just common questions which you can find in leetcode.

Interview Questions

• Do you know something about java GUI, java multi-thread?   1 Answer

Associate Functional Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter then another with a manager. After the second interview the manager told me I would be moving on but I didn't hear anything for 3 months (even after contacting the recruiter). After 3 months I was told they were not interested

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

had to become an Sales development rep before interviewing for the account manager role. Once i had a year of experience as an SDR, I applied to be an account manager and spoke to different OD managers within the National Northeast Organization.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter after being refered by an current engineer on the site before interviewing with the manager. They asked a series of questions about how much i currently make, what I did, and why i was wanting to switch engineering fields

Interview Questions

• Have you ever seen a product go from raw materials to a completed product?   Answer Question

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied to the job posting through my school and was promptly contacted by a recruiter. She was only able to schedule on-campus interviews over a month later, but that left me plenty of time to prepare and weigh my options. I really connected with the recruiter, and she stayed with me throughout the interview process and provided a lot of advice, which was great. I had two more interviews after that (they were nice enough to accommodate my odd schedule and push out my final interview until after Christmas break). In every interview, I was treated as an equal. They were also sure to not beat around the bush and be upfront with the challenges of the job, which I appreciated.

They look for people who are incredibly motivated and genuinely interested in sales. If you are a driven person who can substantiate your claims and demonstrates willingness to put in the work, you'll do well throughout the interview process. There is also a small portion of the final round where you will need to practice a phone call or make a sales pitch.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I never received the role name from anyone involved. I guessed DevOps or Systems Engineer.

First, a phone call with the manager to discuss your background, values/goals, and essentially see if it would be a good fit.

Disclaimer: I skipped this step, but this is how it wad explained to me by the manager. Next is a technical phone screen, with a shared session/coderpad or something similar to analyze scripting skills. Any remaining time is meant for mock troubleshooting or general experience/"what would you do if..." type questions.

If you pass that screen (or skip) you will be invited on site for a 5 hour interview panel, with one or more person each. Recruiter provides an informational PDF with team info/links, their values, and what to expect.

The manager and other current employees told me things would be very conversational, with some emphasis on whiteboarding/scripting.
    In my case i was told they were hiring for systems engineer/admin type background, on a dev heavy team, and was told by the manager that programming would not be the major focus.

Despite this, more than half of the panel focused entirely on scripting. With maybe two exceptions (see questions), I was not asked in depth questions about linux, monitoring/alerting, networking, or config management. Disappointing. I was not able to display my strengths, and feel I was improperly evaluated. Perhaps this is a side effect of the role not being well defined? Or a sign of poor interview practices? I am not sure.

- First panel was with a dev, typical fizzbuzz on whiteboard and asking situational questions.
    - Second was conversational with manager + lunch. Would have preferred a break or social time to meet the team, see cubicles etc.
    - Third was whiteboard challenge with a dev focused on string manipulation in json format.
    - Fourth was conversational from a non dev, discussed my background and was asked situational questions.
    - Fifth was coding quiz on a laptop focused on sorting of data sets

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you inherited, did you make it better, if so how and what was the impact/effect?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made or something overlooked that you would have done differently today   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you would reduce points of failure for a relational database   Answer Question

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

First round was a phone interview that covered the basic 'Why sales?' and 'Why Oracle?' questions. At its conclusion, I scheduled two 30-minute, back-to-back interviews with sales division managers at their headquarters in Austin, TX. These were mostly defending my interest in a sales role, justifying my reasoning for this interest and such. It was mainly focused on your understanding of your career path in the company and your understanding of the role. Prepare questions for the interviewers because that is what the majority of each interview will involve.