Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
3,438 Interview Reviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Had to speak to hiring manager, Group VP and Director and a Senior Rep. Most questions revolved around past performance and vision for achieving goals in new role.

Interview Questions

• Mainly past performance qualifications   1 Answer

Deal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied online through their recurring website. The recruiter worked out of California and asked very basic questions about my experience. I then had a phone interview with a hiring manager who also asked questions about my experience and told me about the opportunity. No creative questions really, all very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What types of contracts are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Engineering Co Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Phone call, easy questions about school and Linux. Then an Onsite interview harder, met first with team lead who asked some programming questions. Then met with Department led who asked some challenging questions about computer parts and how they work. They keep asking questions until you get something wrong

Interview Questions

• How do you change your IP address in Linux environment
      write a loop that prints out all numbers divisible by 7 and 16   Answer Question

SDR Interview

Interview

Describe a time when you had a challenge that really challenged you. Was it easy or hard and was it a good learning experience? IT was fairly simple process that required prep before hand.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a difficult meeting.   1 Answer

Interview

The interviewer seemed hostile and acted like he'd rather be doing something else. You could tell he was not interested in the first few minutes. Probably just trying to fill quotas or something. I was trying to get a flow of the conversation but he was super awkward.

ASR Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

It was mostly phone interviews. Started with one in person interview, then was offered a position after 2 more phone interviews. Very casual. Fairly easy. The recruiters do a great job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle?   2 Answers

Applications Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pre-screening interview informational in nature- told me about position and role, inquirer about interest and whether I thought my skills were fit for the role. Resume submission. Schedule on site interview

Interview Questions

• Do you believe your past experience makes you fit for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I applied through my school's career services website and was invited to an on campus interview. The first interview was with Oracle's recruiter and lasted about 15 minutes. He asked basic questions about my qualifications (major, GPA, etc.). Right after I was sent into another room with two men on the sales team and they asked more in-depth questions about my qualifications (past experience, sales ability, etc.). The younger man made me feel uncomfortable as he kept looking me up and down, and spent quite a bit of time on his phone. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or if he was just being disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• You have no experience in sales, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interview

Quick and efficient. Standard process: phone interview with a recruiter, then on site with five different interviewers. The interview was hard but the interviewer were personable and open. All were very candid answering my answers.

Applications Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Several series of interviews, including 2 over-the-phone interviews, 1 off-site in-person interview, and 2 on-site in-person presentation interviews. They said this was not a typical interview process, and that I had to go through extra interviews. They said the typical process is a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person presentation with the hiring manager and team. I spent a total of 2 months and 3 vacation days interviewing.

I like their management team, their direction, and I like their benefits, but I wish they had offered a livable salary for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      How would you be a good fit for Oracle?
      What do you do day-to-day?
      How did I find accounts?
      How would you sift through and quickly get set up with thousands of accounts?
      There are 3 different teams - finance, CX, and ERP; which team do you see yourself on?
      They also asked me a series of questions about my product during the presentation.   Answer Question

No salary was negotiated until the end. They asked for and I gave my salary for the last 5 years. They came back with 40-50% less than what GlassDoor had set my expectations to be, and it was also 25% less than what I was currently making. I requested more for cost of living . HR stuck firm with their lowball offer. declined the job offer due to the salary being significantly lower than the cost-of-living for the area.

To the hiring manager's credit, he tried to get a higher salary. I appreciate him trying - it shows that the management is very good and fights for their team, but HR is inflexible.