Oracle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2018
4,086 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Chennai (India)) in September 2018.

Interview

I got the interview invitation through naukri.
    There were 3 technical round which totally based on coding and logic, you must be great in logic to crack these interview.And best part is the person is interviewing you will help you while solving the problems if he will get hints that you are trying the right logic.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to reverse a string recursively.   Answer Question
    • Matrix based backtracking question where you have find the path by checking 1/0 and save the last position if 0 comes   Answer Question
    • Get the 3rd last not of linked list   Answer Question
    • Write a class diagram for car rental agency ..I mean write all necessary classes and interface or abstract class with method name to create an automated car rental agency   Answer Question
    • Write a code to get the date after getting date as string and n as no of days to be added , you cannot use date class no pre defined class or function . write the plan code   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bozeman, MT) in March 2016.

Interview

Slow. Three interviews. The first was a normal screening interview. Second was full with usual behavioral questions. Third was with a panel of the management team. Interviewers insisted in the fast paced and time-sensitive tasks are. Also, insisted in that flexibility and adaptability were key.

Interview Questions

• What is your life's highest accomplishment?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Bozeman, MT) in April 2016.

Interview

They were more interested in breaking you down personally than focusing on your qualifications for the job. The people that interviewed me had a set list of questions, some with no relevance to the position or qualifications. And they repeated some of these questions ad nauseam. It was getting frustrating for me. It's like they had their own agenda and weren't listening to what I said.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking me about the stuff I did in the Navy 28 years ago. It was so NOT relevant to job applying for   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

-Applied online, received email from recruiter next day and set up interview,

-interviewed with recruiter over phone about resume and basic information

-set up interview with manager, interviewed with manager over the phone, was asked about 4-5 questions about handling deadlines and availability to work overtime

-was contacted by recruiter for third interview with hiring manager

-had phone interview with hiring manager, asked about 7-8 questions about working in teams, handling conflicts with co-workers, and overcoming challenges

-received phone call by manager negotiating salary

-received offer after background check cleared

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you knew you were going to miss a deadline and what was your strategy to fix missing the deadline....   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in February 2016.

Interview

Two rounds - both were over the phone and I did not have a single in-person interview. First round was with a recruiter and the second one was with a marketing manager. For my second round, I actually talked to two different managers who were looking for an intern with my specific skill set.

The recruiter was quite friendly, as well as the managers that I talked to. However, it seemed a bit disorganized at times and one of the managers forgot to call so I was left waiting for an hour with no call. Interview was relaxed, all behavioral questions. They did not ask a single case or technical question (so my preparation was for nothing).

It's funny because the managers tried to sell me on the intern position and I barely got to talk to them about my previous experiences and qualifications. They've already seen your resume and they are busy people I guess, so they already have the people they want picked out and the interview is more to see if you are a team player and a pleasant person.

Advice is to be relaxed and friendly. Treat the interview as a conversation and don't try too hard to sell yourself with your previous experiences because they've already seen your resume. If you've gotten to the second round, they just want to know the kind of person you are.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screen followed by a single day of interviews. During the on-site interview, I met with 5 different people. Some focused on technical questions whereas others asked behavioral and business questions. The process was organized and everyone I met with was personable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a person or group to change an established process.   Answer Question

Interview

The interviewer seemed hostile and acted like he'd rather be doing something else. You could tell he was not interested in the first few minutes. Probably just trying to fill quotas or something. I was trying to get a flow of the conversation but he was super awkward.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

There are many "Oracles" inside Oracle. Every group has a different interview process. Offer letter takes forever to be issued.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, I had the typical half day onsite interview with several interviewers.
    This was followed by 4 additional phone interviews delving into specific technical areas. The dress code was casual. I was overdressed in a pair of nice slacks and a button down shirt with no tie.

Consulting Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process involved an initial contact from a higher manager. I had follow up interviews with a Consulting Practice Director and a Consulting Senior Practice Director. Each step along the way to the final hiring manager probed more deeply into my background and skills. I was not asked technical questions at any point during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked quite a few probing questions on my role with my former company. Since I was returning as an experienced hire, Oracle wanted to make sure that I was technical enough to be succesful.   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interviews were set up at the office. I went in to meet them face to face. I met 1 at a time. After one interview was over it was a tag team until I have talked to all 3.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience was I planning to get out of this job.   1 Answer
    • Did you want to get involved in Government contracts?   1 Answer