Tableau Software Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 545 of over 545 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The interview process went as below: Interview R1 - Hiring Manager Interview R2 - Recruiter (discuss compensation expectations) Interview R3 - 4 interviews back to back ( 3 colleagues and hiring manager again) Interview R4 - Hiring Manager's Boss The process went pretty well and got positive feedback. The recruiter informed me that the team was regrouping and redoing the job description/ interview process so I don't believe any candidate was picked.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you're right for this position?
    1 Answer
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

This was one of the worst interview processes I have been through which was a disappointment since I was referred by a Salesforce employee who speaks very highly of the network. I was reached out to by a recruiter following my referral and asked for a quick call to discuss my resume. During this call I was probed with formal competency interview questions without warning or preparation, and it was anything but a call to just discuss my resume. On top of this, the recruiter let me know that they were very far along in the interview process with people who had 'slightly more' experience and they were likely to send an offer in the incoming weeks. I appreciated this transparency, but why interview me then and waste my time by saying this? After this I was invited for an interview with the hiring manager. When I asked for a breakdown of what type of interview this would be (role related, cognitive, etc.) I received a brief one sentence description with no preparation call or much information to go off. Keep in mind I was interviewing for roles in the other big Tech companies in Dublin where a detailed description was provided and an additional preparation call with the recruiter to discuss the information or the process was offered, though I was given enough information that I wouldn't need the call or have questions regarding the interview process. The actual interview went fine, it was your standard interview but not to the caliber you would expect of a company represented by SF. Overall I was deeply disappointed by this process and it would keep me from interviewing for either SF or Tableau in the future.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Tableau Software

Join the conversation on

Tech

240.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Tableau Software~38125
Join the conversation on

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Not recommended It has nothing to do with your technical skill and background If you know how to sell a product then you are good to go Recruiting process is so confusing (recruiter not doing their job)

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why are you interested in Tableau Q: Why you wanna change your job
1 person found this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Step #1: Screening call with HR or Internal Recruiter Step #2: Interview with hiring manager Step #3: Writing Test (Engineering and Technical Interviews) Step #4: Final “Loop” Interview Step #5: Hiring Meeting Step #6: Offer Meeting Step #7: Reference Check

Interview Questions
  • #.Programming Test #. Database structure and algorithm #. microservices architecture #. Describe a difficult interaction you had with a customer. How did you deal with it? What was the outcome? How would you handle it differently? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Why did you do it? How did the customer respond? What was the outcome? Give me an example of when you were able to anticipate a customer need with a solution/product they didn’t know they needed/wanted yet. How did you know they needed this? How did they respond? Tell me about a time when you were trying to understand a complex problem on your team and you had to dig into the details to figure it out. Who did you talk with or where did you have to look to find the most valuable information? How did you use that information to help solve the problem? Tell me about a situation that required you to dig deep to get to the root cause. How did you know you were focusing on the right things? What was the outcome? Would you have done anything differently? Tell me about a problem you had to solve that required in-depth thought and analysis. How did you know you were focusing on the right things? What was the outcome? Would you have done anything differently? Describe a time when you refused to compromise your standards around quality/customer service, etc. Who was your customer? What was the result? Tell me about a time when you were unsatisfied with the status quo. What did you do to change it? What was the impact? Would you do anything differently in the future? Tell me about a time when you worked to improve the quality of a product / service / solution that was already getting good customer feedback. Why did you think it needed improvement? How did customers react?
1 person found this interview helpful