Autodesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I applied on the career site, contacted by the recruiter for initial screening (although I got the rejection email). A few days later, I was scheduled to meet the hiring manager via Skype as I am relocating for this position. I was informed that the meeting went well and they wanted me to meet on site, however, I had to leave the country for my planned vacation for two weeks. They (hiring manager and recruiter) were very flexible and accommodating, they worked with me so that I could be on site after my vacation. Anyways, I flew to San Fran for the on-site interview with 4 different people and they were all very great to talk to. Flew back home and got an offer the very next day. Overall, this was one of the best interview experience I've ever had.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (Denver, CO).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and she was really great at figuring out where my interests may align to certain roles. This entirely switched in my interview - they were very cold and impersonal. A month later, I was offered a position that didn't align with my interests/the role I initially interviewed for. They also would not negotiate on any part of the offer. Vacation days abysmal compared to the industry standard.

Interview Questions

• What can you teach us in 3 minutes?   1 Answer

Senior Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial screening by contract recruiter via phone, very lengthy explanation of position, compensation options, and technical questions. Secondary phone conversation with hiring manager was very pleasant. Follow-up screen and on-site arrangements by local staff recruiter was a little bit fuzzy around the edges.

On-site interview was rotating individuals in 30--45 minute chunks. Interviewers varied between congenial and prepared and the opposite of each of those. Interviews largely trivia-based and very little opportunity to demonstrate technical capability via whiteboard/code analysis, etc. Zero minority representation in interviewers.

Reliability Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

Initially recruiter screened me over the phone. Interviewed with hiring manager and another team member on-site. Hiring manager kept telling me how my prior company built and ran their DCs. He was very biased, probably because of my age. Cut short the interview with other folks.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of 1-click deployment.   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Despite my respect for this company, I had a very bad experience with an unorganized senior recruiter. We had scheduled a 30 minute phone call at the beginning of the week. The time rolled around and I received no call, so I emailed her and she said she actually had me scheduled for a call four days later. I figured this was just a one-time weird mistake, but then when the time rolled around for her to call me, she failed to do so AGAIN.

We finally touched based and she apologized saying that my name was similar to another candidate's. I worked at a fairly well-known unicorn in the on-demand space, which she had never heard of. After explaining my company's business model, she later asked me why I wanted to transition to a software company, to which I replied that I was already working in the software industry (this was indicated by my resume's language, as well). She also clearly didn't read my resume carefully, and asked why I had only worked at my company for 3 months, to which I replied that I was in my newly promoted position for that time period but had worked for 1+ year there.

And then, even more strange, I explained my previous work creating data visualizations/dashboarding, and then she asked me "what does that have to do with this role? This role will be pulling data using SQL and outputting into Excel". Uhhh...what? This was a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE role, SQL/Excel are obvious basic tools used in dashboarding, and it clearly seemed like there was a bizarre disconnect between the job and what she thought the job duties would entail. I don't think this recruiter reflects the team or the company, but it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I ended up getting an offer somewhere else and withdrawing altogether. I'd highly recommend Autodesk send candidates surveys to provide feedback on their experiences in the application process, since this was probably one of the worst interview experiences I've had.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews done by 3 different people. They did a good job of communicating with me throughout the process of how and when things would move forward. The first interview I was asked about my past work experience and how it applied to the internship, and the second interview was focused on my abilities in the specific product management internship I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How has your past work experiences prepared you for ambiguity?   2 Answers

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in February 2017.

Interview

Entire process was relatively quick. Applied online and received an email for the position about scheduling an interview a few weeks after applying. Scheduled interview and had the interview (30 mins) where they just asked about general information and portfolio. Received result within 2 weeks.

SAAS Intigration Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Autodesk in February 2017.

Interview

Interview went great but they went other way. I answered everything well. I felt sad coz when you know you did everything right and interview went very well even than the employer decides to select someone else.

Fusion Catalyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Autodesk (New York, NY).

Interview

Very friendly and fast process. In my case, the position needed to be filled soon, so I am not sure if my case was representative of the typical interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Tell me a little about yourself? Tell me about Fusion 360.   1 Answer

Automation Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autodesk (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple Process. The recruiter contacted me through my email. Had a phone interview. Resume reviewed . Then I failed in technical questions but at least I answered one. Since I was failed in phone screen, I don't think this may help candidates prepare so much. A solid technical interview preparation and system knowledge needed before applying.

Interview Questions

• Q: Linked List vs. Array.
      Q: What is blue screen of death in Linux ?
      1 Answer