Autodesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I applied on the career site, contacted by the recruiter for initial screening (although I got the rejection email). A few days later, I was scheduled to meet the hiring manager via Skype as I am relocating for this position. I was informed that the meeting went well and they wanted me to meet on site, however, I had to leave the country for my planned vacation for two weeks. They (hiring manager and recruiter) were very flexible and accommodating, they worked with me so that I could be on site after my vacation. Anyways, I flew to San Fran for the on-site interview with 4 different people and they were all very great to talk to. Flew back home and got an offer the very next day. Overall, this was one of the best interview experience I've ever had.

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA).

Interview

First interview over the phone and 4 rounds of in person interview.
    Standard questions on roadrunner tool and some coding questions. Interviewers are professional and very engaging through the process. In person interviews could be coordinated better overall pretty descent process

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Denver, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

webex initial interview with HR. the atmosphere was very casual and comfortable. She asked questions that I was able to answer with confidence. mostly around my work on a day to day and with my peers.

Interview Questions

• How do you develop the network of coworkers in a new job   1 Answer

Premier Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Denver, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

Three interview processes. The first one with basic HR, asking you about basic intro such as expected salary. Second one with Hiring Manager asking you mainly about your background. And third with group you will be working with, which is the hardest one you need to face three to five people. They will be asking you more about your technical experience. The third one last for 1 hr.

Finance Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

Applied online. The recruiter reached out several weeks later and then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Was brought back for an onsite interview one week later. I told the hiring manager/recruiter that I had a pending offer and requested the team to expedite the process. The hiring team was extremely accommodating. From the initial onsite to final round interviews and then the offer happened in a little over one week. The recruiter was very pleasant to work with, from responding to my questions to turning feedback around quickly. Everyone at Autodesk is very friendly and the working culture is appealing. At the end I had to turn down the offer, which was very competitive. I went for a smaller company because I wanted to gain the startup experience. But everything about the interview experience is great.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I uploaded my resume to a website specifically for conservative minded job seekers. Around 9:45pm (on Veterans Day weekend, mind you) I received an email from a Humphrey Roland.

The email subject line read "JOB OFFER". Red flag #1.
    The email contained a CC list of other applicants' emails. Red flag #2.
    I *immediately* got a response email indicating my interest (still around 9:45pm) written in ALL CAPS from the same email address, but a -new- author, a Micheal James. Red flag #3.

Not sure if this is some elaborate scam conducted by lazy and desperate con artists, or Autodesk is very lax on standards of recruiter outsourcing. Nonetheless, I will go through the interview process and report back as so far it looks like I'm the first in line...

Dev Ops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I asked one of my friends who worked there for 7 years in the past and he shared the resume to his ex-boss who forwarded to a HR. After the initial conversation with the HR, I was scheduled to interview with the hiring manager and this was the WORST ever interview experience in my career of 8 years.

Interview Questions

• The guy started with no intro and jumped onto a question, "you know Java right ?explain me java reference types", question two "explain me blocking vs nonblocking in java". This time I interrupted and asked him - "I applied for DevOps role and why are the questions on JAVA".

He said ok, "explain me how would you feed the ELB access log and parse them realtime instead of S3" to which I answered "As far as I know, Lambda can help in setting this up". Question 2 : "how would you have mapping in ECS for same port number in Docker but unique in Host for a service". Few solutions I provided and he quickly ended the call saying "Thank you. I think there some miscommunication here"   Answer Question

CRM Solution Architect, Salesforce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Had a phone interview with him that involved yes/no questions. Then had a call about a week later with his Manager again with yes/no questions. Then I had the technical interview about a week after that.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two recruiters from two different teams reached out to me.
    The first one: With the first team, I spent 2 months ( yes 2! ) doing staggered Skype interviews with engineers, architects, Program Managers, hiring manager, teams in other geographies. I was willing to go along with this routine because it meant spending an hour each time in the morning over the 2 months. I was astonished by this process. At the end of the process, I was informed I was not a fit for the position after 10+ interviews. My analysis is as follows: This team had 2 engineers, one architect, 2 senior managers ( one in Asia ) , 3 program/product manager, one QA manager. The ratio of engineers to other members is abysmally low. The hiring manager wanted way more thought and strategic leadership than technical ability. This led me to believe that as good as Autodesk core products were, the rest of the organization did not have technical challenges.
    The second one: This team was thankfully more agile. I had 2 phone screens - hiring manager and architect before being called onsite. I met one engineer, phone interview with a high-level exec, 2 other managers. Except for the interview with the engineer, all the others interviews were too fluffy and asked situational/conflict-oriented questions. The engineer and me had a good discussion around technical stacks and challenges in this role. This team had more contractors than engineers.
    Again this team wanted more soft skills and I was not considered for this role.
    My takeaway from both interviews was that this firm is filled with a lot of mid-level managers who've been there a long time but don't necessarily know how to effect engineering change. Some prospective candidates may welcome these "coasting" positions but I felt I would've be severely underutilized here.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever execute on an engineering task without full approval and how did you resolve things later?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with a Manager which was awesome and comfortable. They then brought me in-house to meet the entire team(4 team members), which was also awesome. They were really kind, created a very comfortable and safe interview. I felt confident and empowered leaving the interview. I was told they would let me know within 5 days. Great!

Now, this is where the plot turns around:

- I sent my follow up thank you email(day of interview).
    Result: No response

- I sent another follow up email (6 days after interview).
    Result: No Response

- I sent another follow up response (8 days after interview).
    Result: No Response.

- I called the Manager, left a voicemail( 15 days after interview).
    Result: No response

- I sent a final email (21 days after interview).
    Result: No Response.

I did not want to write this review. I had a great experience with every person I connected with. However, this experience sucks, and I write this to increase awareness for Autodesk and possibly validate anyone else who shared a similar experience. I felt disregarded as a candidate and a person.

Interview Questions

• Can you speak to a time where you were given tasks on top of a full schedule?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Horrible and unprofessional experience at the Denver office. The recruiter did not even bother to read my resume and opened the conversation by asking me what my salary was at my previous jobs. She minimized my education and experience and proceeded to tell me how much I was worth. The discussion seemed a bit premature in the hiring process. I was put off by the fact that she wasn't able to fully describe what the company does and the duties that I would perform on a day-to-day basis. When I asked about employee benefits, the recruiter could only tell me that her health insurance cost her $80 a paycheck. She didn't seem to know who the carrier was and what types of coverage is available. Other strange comments by the recruiter consisted of, "you could not have made THAT much money in your current job!" and "you live SO far south, how could you possibly come all the way downtown?"

The hiring manager seemed overwhelmed, but presented as a professional. He too did not seem to have a detailed understanding of what exactly the company produced and danced around questions related to the job tasks. A few red flags from the hiring manager were raised when he said, "if you are exceeding your daily goals, we are going to have to have a conversation and if you aren't meeting your goals then that will be another conversation." This also felt very premature given where we were in the process and it seemed like he needed to exercise his authority (in an interview).

Followed up with the recruiter and the hiring manager 3 different times (via email and phone) to check in regarding my status and did not EVER receive a response. Assumed that the recruiter does not have access to a template that says something nice like, "while we appreciate your time, we have decided to go with another candidate that is a better fit"

Interview Questions

• Asked "what is the cloud?" and "teach me how to do something in 3 minutes"   Answer Question
    • Required to do a role play where the long time customer is being forced to move from licensed software to a subscription model at a higher rate.   Answer Question