Autodesk Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 747 of over 747 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2021

Interview

Pretty intensive interview process, but they move you along quickly and efficiently. 1) Phone screen with recruiter 2) Phone conversation with hiring manger 3) Practice chat + email simulation with managers via Zoom (feedback provided) 4) Panel interview with 4 managers 5) Reference check Overall, it took ~3 weeks to finish all of these steps, and the recruiter and manager were very communicative. I was never left in the dark and got great feedback for each step. You learn a lot about the role and the company, even if it's a lot of time to dedicate. Totally worth it.

Interview Questions
  • Q: When was a time that you received negative feedback, and how did you grow from that? Q: When was a time you failed at something? Q: What does work ethic mean to you?
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

- One technical interview length 45 mins: Started without introduction, questions asked was Design and Test Facebook. After 5-7 follow up questions on testing. It went on Coding part. The question was leetcode easy. Done! Then follow up questions on code part. It went pretty well! But now it comes the twist: I was in the dangling situation for a month. No decision. Contacted recruiter multiple times. After around 20 days of an interview, I heard back that you are neither rejected nor selected. On hold for the moment. I waited 15-20 days more. Dropped a follow up email again and bang! Rejection!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Autodesk

Join the conversation on

Tech

203.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Autodesk~1155
Join the conversation on

Autodesk

Application

I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Introduction first, then ask some questions. Talk about something that is your own experience of your work. Questions are some experiential questions. Very well and relax. Feel ok during the interview. Not that hard during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Four rounds First round - general recruiter interview - technical experience details Second round - manager interview with a lot of behaviour and role related questions Third round - technical interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Met with a panel, it felt like the interviewers were not prepared to interview me. I was asked a bunch of unrelated coding questions and did short coding exercise. They didn't ask many questions about my experience or interests

Interview Questions
  • For the coding exercise, I was asked how I would reverse a subsequence in an array

Autodesk

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

1 round of technical interview lasting around an hour. Included 1 coding question and 1 system design question. Last 10 minutes was for behavioural questions. The coding question is fairly easy and the interviewers are looking to understand your thought process. However, interview format varies across teams.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Design a system according to the constraints given by the interviewers

Autodesk

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

It is a very long interview process. It took a total of 3 months to get through almost all the interviews. 1- recruiter call 2- a hiring manager 3- interview with a manager where you get to ask the questions 4- presentation panel 5- director interview This company is growing and seems to have a very diverse work environment and they mentioned many times that they have plenty of opportunities to grow. In 2 of the 4 interviews, I did my interviewers seemed very distracted. They really only asked me 3-5 questions and during my responses would text on their phone or were doing other things on their desktop and so I had to repeat myself a lot. I also always had to email my recruiter every 2 weeks to ask if I was still in the interview process between every interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in Apr 2022

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by the recruiter. After screening interview with the recruiter, I had as video interview with the hiring manager. After his positive feedback, I was scheduled for Round 1 of interviews. Recruiter provided Autodesk values and suggested that the STAR format will be used. Multiple changes to the calendar to meet interviewers schedule throughout the process, almost to the point of creating nuisance. First interview with peer, second with Senior Director of group and third interview with peer Director. After few days, was advised that I will be scheduled for another round with additional two interviews. 4th one with CSO, who would have been the prime stakeholder for this PM role and 5th one by a stakeholder Product Director. Scheduling took multiple changes. Couple of days before my 4th interview, got a call from the recruiter that they have moved on with another candidate. Overall frustrating process that took 7 weeks from the first contact established. Decision making done quite ad hoc. Did not even go through the entire process. No feedback provided. Sent thank you emails to all interviewers. No one ever reciprocated. Poor training on how to conduct interviews and deal with candidates. Not expected from a company this high calibre.

Interview Questions
  • Multiple situational based questions. Some of them were very vague, especially from the peer Director. She interviewed for 44 minutes and left one minute for any follow up questions. Did not have a great body language and seemed reluctant to interview to begin with. Started the conversation " You seem to have a lot of experience, why would you apply to this relatively low level position". Needs more training.
2 people found this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk in Apr 2022

Interview

OK interview experience; thank you for all the useful information in the formal screen interview. Official people for communication. Very formal interview email and useless interview information in advance. Even though I am so unqualified, and the HR feel so sympathized with my situation that provide me with this interview as a big charity. It's not a two-way selection process, it's a charity for me to get this interview. Very interesting experience. Feel no regret without receiving the next interview chance.

Interview Questions
  • introduce yourself why leave your last company? what are the essential skills for an interaction designer?

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Rafael, CA) in Apr 2022

Interview

A few days after submitting my application, I had a phone screen with an HR recruiter. After that, we worked out a time to interview with some of the team. A week later I had an interview with the senior manager, and had the offer letter in my inbox later that day. Everyone was great, and I had the offer in hand 30 days after applying. Overall a fantastic process.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current job?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Houston, TX) in Apr 2022

Interview

4 round interview process. 1. Recruiter Intake - 30 min call with the recruiter to determine overall fit / eligibility 2. Hiring manager - 45 min call with hiring manager. Discuss position, the following interview process, and get a feel for fit to the role. 3. Peer interview panel - 60 min call with 2 peers in the same role. Most technical interview of the process 4. Sales Mgt Panel - 60 min call with 2 sales mgrs that focuses on ability to lead cross functional teams, contribute to account focused discussions, and work on a team to achieve customer goals. Overall, very smooth process.. interviewers we’re fantastic.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you’ve had to push back on internal stakeholders to help a customer achieve their desired outcome.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 747 Interviews

Autodesk Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Autodesk as 58.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.85 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Autodesk takes an average of 31 days when considering 585 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 32 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Autodesk according to 585 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.26%