Autodesk Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 750 of over 750 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2021

Interview

Pretty intensive interview process, but they move you along quickly and efficiently. 1) Phone screen with recruiter 2) Phone conversation with hiring manger 3) Practice chat + email simulation with managers via Zoom (feedback provided) 4) Panel interview with 4 managers 5) Reference check Overall, it took ~3 weeks to finish all of these steps, and the recruiter and manager were very communicative. I was never left in the dark and got great feedback for each step. You learn a lot about the role and the company, even if it's a lot of time to dedicate. Totally worth it.

Interview Questions
  • Q: When was a time that you received negative feedback, and how did you grow from that? Q: When was a time you failed at something? Q: What does work ethic mean to you?
    Answer Question
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (London, England)

Interview

Felt like it was a chore for the interviewer and they would be rather doing something else instead! Very poor interviewing technique and was sarcastic when you did not appear to answer what they wanted exactly!! For example: Q. What Shape is a Sphere? A. Its a round ball shaped solid! Q. I know geometrically that’s what it is but what shape do “You” think it is? A. Well I think it is a round shape with no straight faces! Q. Mmmmmm, That’s not the answer I was looking for!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what technically you can bring to the role?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Autodesk

Join the conversation on

Tech

211.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Autodesk~1155
Join the conversation on

Autodesk

Application

I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Recruiter call and 1st round. Did not call back to inform of the decision. 1st round was technical with excel questions too. It was stressful as the excel on the spot test was not informed ahead of time and done in the last 10 mins.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Talked to HR first, seemed nice. She wanted both parties to keep each other updated (ie no ghosting). Do a 3-hour coding test next, based on look development (nodes & ports in graph). Only c++ allowed. Next is interview with engineers, and boy that is where the fun starts. They do not give you any time and silence to think, constantly bombarding you with hints and noise. Dude, chill out and let the candidate work. After that, no news as I got ghosted by the HR rep that specifically said not to ghost :)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Was asked about my pervious work, day to day workflow and other behavioral type questions. There was absolutely no technical assessment, which was very strange way to filter out candidates. Was a waste of time unfortunately.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

- One technical interview length 45 mins: Started without introduction, questions asked was Design and Test Facebook. After 5-7 follow up questions on testing. It went on Coding part. The question was leetcode easy. Done! Then follow up questions on code part. It went pretty well! But now it comes the twist: I was in the dangling situation for a month. No decision. Contacted recruiter multiple times. After around 20 days of an interview, I heard back that you are neither rejected nor selected. On hold for the moment. I waited 15-20 days more. Dropped a follow up email again and bang! Rejection!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Introduction first, then ask some questions. Talk about something that is your own experience of your work. Questions are some experiential questions. Very well and relax. Feel ok during the interview. Not that hard during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Four rounds First round - general recruiter interview - technical experience details Second round - manager interview with a lot of behaviour and role related questions Third round - technical interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

Met with a panel, it felt like the interviewers were not prepared to interview me. I was asked a bunch of unrelated coding questions and did short coding exercise. They didn't ask many questions about my experience or interests

Interview Questions
  • For the coding exercise, I was asked how I would reverse a subsequence in an array
1 person found this interview helpful

Autodesk

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

1 round of technical interview lasting around an hour. Included 1 coding question and 1 system design question. Last 10 minutes was for behavioural questions. The coding question is fairly easy and the interviewers are looking to understand your thought process. However, interview format varies across teams.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Design a system according to the constraints given by the interviewers

Autodesk

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Autodesk

Interview

It is a very long interview process. It took a total of 3 months to get through almost all the interviews. 1- recruiter call 2- a hiring manager 3- interview with a manager where you get to ask the questions 4- presentation panel 5- director interview This company is growing and seems to have a very diverse work environment and they mentioned many times that they have plenty of opportunities to grow. In 2 of the 4 interviews, I did my interviewers seemed very distracted. They really only asked me 3-5 questions and during my responses would text on their phone or were doing other things on their desktop and so I had to repeat myself a lot. I also always had to email my recruiter every 2 weeks to ask if I was still in the interview process between every interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 750 Interviews

Autodesk Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Autodesk as 58.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.86 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Autodesk takes an average of 31 days when considering 597 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 20 days), whereas Senior Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 31 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Autodesk according to 597 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.35%