Autodesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autodesk.

Interview

I applied on the career site, contacted by the recruiter for initial screening (although I got the rejection email). A few days later, I was scheduled to meet the hiring manager via Skype as I am relocating for this position. I was informed that the meeting went well and they wanted me to meet on site, however, I had to leave the country for my planned vacation for two weeks. They (hiring manager and recruiter) were very flexible and accommodating, they worked with me so that I could be on site after my vacation. Anyways, I flew to San Fran for the on-site interview with 4 different people and they were all very great to talk to. Flew back home and got an offer the very next day. Overall, this was one of the best interview experience I've ever had.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Autodesk (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Horrible and unprofessional experience at the Denver office. The recruiter did not even bother to read my resume and opened the conversation by asking me what my salary was at my previous jobs. She minimized my education and experience and proceeded to tell me how much I was worth. The discussion seemed a bit premature in the hiring process. I was put off by the fact that she wasn't able to fully describe what the company does and the duties that I would perform on a day-to-day basis. When I asked about employee benefits, the recruiter could only tell me that her health insurance cost her $80 a paycheck. She didn't seem to know who the carrier was and what types of coverage is available. Other strange comments by the recruiter consisted of, "you could not have made THAT much money in your current job!" and "you live SO far south, how could you possibly come all the way downtown?"

The hiring manager seemed overwhelmed, but presented as a professional. He too did not seem to have a detailed understanding of what exactly the company produced and danced around questions related to the job tasks. A few red flags from the hiring manager were raised when he said, "if you are exceeding your daily goals, we are going to have to have a conversation and if you aren't meeting your goals then that will be another conversation." This also felt very premature given where we were in the process and it seemed like he needed to exercise his authority (in an interview).

Followed up with the recruiter and the hiring manager 3 different times (via email and phone) to check in regarding my status and did not EVER receive a response. Assumed that the recruiter does not have access to a template that says something nice like, "while we appreciate your time, we have decided to go with another candidate that is a better fit"

Interview Questions

• Asked "what is the cloud?" and "teach me how to do something in 3 minutes"   Answer Question
    • Required to do a role play where the long time customer is being forced to move from licensed software to a subscription model at a higher rate.   Answer Question

Business Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, in person meeting, interspersed with and followed by months of discommunication and indecision. They appeared to be communicing their process, but it was very obvious they just stringing multiple people along as they educated themselves about an impossible situation they seem to be in. Never even offered water or anything.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in the following team situation. How have I handled the following situations in the past, and so forth   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk in August 2017.

Interview

I was first screened by a recruiting firm and then had an international phone interview from London. They had hoped to do it by Skype Business but it did not work.

Big Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call from HR stating my resume has been shortlisted and requested time to schedule 30 minute technical screening. Later a week I got call from head of data manager and asked about my projects and some questions about big data. He was good hearing all my points and went well. After that it has been a month I didn't get any update about the process nor about the next step or atleast a reject mail. i mailed to the person who confirmed me the interview for an update but no response yet !!

Interview Questions

• what is spark ? about AWS S3, clustering, RDBMS, etc   1 Answer

Senior Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Extremely long and lacking in feedback. The interview process ended up taking over 2 months from initial phone screen until finally getting a rejection notice.

Process felt like it broke down multiple times. I had to follow up with the recruiter twice over a two week period to schedule the initial phone screen after she reached out. An additional week delay occurred to talk to the outgoing manager for a phone screen. At this point some unfortunate internal issues occurred that added about a month of time before movement again, but these were completely understandable. Unfortunately once the process did restart, it involved 4 skype interviews over 3 different days. This was followed by the request to create a 5 minute video and an additional phone screen afterwards.

Total count: Spoke with 8 people over 7 different days for approximately 7 hours total time, not including the time to create a video discussing KPIs.

To end, I was left hanging for an another week before finally catching the recruiter over the phone and finding out I had not made the cut from 3 to final 2. No appreciable feedback from the recruiter and nothing from the hiring manager, and was actually questioned why I would even expect feedback. Extremely frustrating process and has turned me off from applying again in the future as there appeared to be no consideration for the time and efforts from the candidates and a lack of decision making ability from the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Multiple questions about how to address and improve under-performing direct reports.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (Denver, CO).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and she was really great at figuring out where my interests may align to certain roles. This entirely switched in my interview - they were very cold and impersonal. A month later, I was offered a position that didn't align with my interests/the role I initially interviewed for. They also would not negotiate on any part of the offer. Vacation days abysmal compared to the industry standard.

Interview Questions

• What can you teach us in 3 minutes?   1 Answer

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then 2 separate technical phone screens related to algorithms and Selenium. Then invited online interview which was totally biased from the beginning of the interview because of nationality/etnicity discrimination. Engineering here is run by these kinds of people.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Phone screen with a coding exercise for 45 min to an hour then followed by an onsite.I was very disappointed by the interviewer as he seem to have a ego problem as i already knew the answer in advance for his problem.. Its unfortunate that such egoistic interviewers are hurdle in getting your job.

Interview Questions

• Detecting if the linked list is circular.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was usual. BUT Very disappointing onsite.

- Interviewers remotely located (1 of them was courteous enough to explain why he was remote, other one did Not bother even introducing)
    - Unprofessional and extremely rude over the phone
    - After solving the coding problem (on a shabby online tool which had major page loading issues) I was instructed to write tests.
    - Halfway through the tests I was commanded to go back & rewrite the entire code as she did Not like the brute-force approach.

- Clear sign of inexperience and immaturity. Hiring decision clearly biased as other rounds went smoothly.

- Hiring manager was a nice guy. Though clear signs of lack of experience in hiring people.

Advice to management:
    - Interview panel speaks a lot about your team/company. Select them and use feedback wisely.

Interview Questions

• - Merge 2 sorted lists
      - reverse words in a sentence: hello world --> world hello
      - write sql query to join two tables
      - write method to return the extra character between two strings that contain rest of the same characters. Ex: abcd, acedb should output 'e'
      - design a cache
      - what algorithm will u use for a file crawler
      - basic unix commands, java, OO questions   Answer Question

Global Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autodesk (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Sucked. They sent me a form letter about taking a test before I even got to speak with anyone. Being a fool I took the exam. It lasted 30 minutes. I passed. A week later I get a note from one of their HR folks about arranging a time to talk about the role. I gave him a list of times for the next week. I never heard back. I wrote once a week to follow-up. Then I gave up. No response. He dropped off the face of the Earth. Doesn't matter. I found another job anyway. That process took 10 days. No tests. I say that anyone who wants you to take a test BEFORE you even get to speak with them is a waste of time. Avoid. Run. And drive away from Autodesk.

Read the reviews before you go. Weed out the phony positive ones. Read the negative ones. They say the same things. Exams and skypes and lots of other things before you even get to speak to someone.

Interview Questions

• Never spoke with anyone. Just a buck of math and logic questions on an exam.   1 Answer