Zillow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Zillow Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2018

2.9

Interview

Overall I enjoyed the interview process. It was very prompt, professional and open. I enjoyed meeting the team and was asked a variety of questions about my expertise and experience. The efficiency of communication was great in my process, and Zillow tried to accommodate my requests as best as possible.

At the end I was offered a position, but had to sadly decline, since I had another offer that was a better fit for me at the time. Not trying to shill, but I truly believe Zillow is fostering a great company culture and it would have been a great place to work, if I had decided to join. Hopefully I get a chance to again in the future!

Interview Questions

• Zillow believes in their core values and will hope that you do too!   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

What a joke and a waste of time. Really bad experience makes me happy I'm not going to work there.

Applied. No response from recruiters. Applied to another position. Silence. Got internal person to force recruiters to finally respond. Prepared for phone interview. Solved level hard question from leetcode (they literally copied it from there) in half of the time reserved for phone interview. Was sure I'm going to pass to on-site. Silence. So I've followed up just to receive a generic rejection email.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Relatively tricky Hackerrank, many edge cases.
    Phone screen was typical, some background questions, Leetcode easy with some followup questions.
    Onsite was 3 separate hour-long interviews. Quite similar to phone screen but I got two Leetcode easys, 1 medium and 1 hard.
    Overall leetcode practice is sufficient.
    I would say Zillow has a pretty good interview process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There were two phone interviews, followed by a 2-hour in-person interview in the Seattle corporate office with several different employees. It consisted of fairly typical questions for a sales professional position.

Sales Comp Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Zillow in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer was late to the call and seemed in a hurry and like she was barely listening to me. She acted uninterested in my background and shared minimal details about the role. Shortly thereafter I received an automated rejection. I question why a recruiter would take the time to set up a call if they were obviously not interested. This was a bad representation for the company. I was so shocked by this treatment that I even asked if she was an external recruiter. She confirmed she was a direct employee with Zillow. I will not be applying for further roles here.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for QA position in Zillow careers website. Recruiter reached out me and had a initial discussion about the role and some questions on my work experience. Next step is a telephone interview with the hiring manager. Some technical questions related to the projects I worked in the past. Next day recruiter sent me an email with the telephone interview result and invited me for an onsite interview. They asked for my availability and scheduled interview on Monday and the funny part is they let me know about interview schedule on Friday at 5:30 PM, just two days before the interview. That is how they plan the onsite interview! The interviewer asks some questions and before I could answer, there were lots of interruptions and they never let me complete my answer. Either they have to increase the interview timing or let the other person speak. One of the worst ever experience!

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Feb 16, 2018 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. All interviewing feedback truly helps us make overall improvements in our process. We do pride ourselves on having a swift process, as we know... More

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

A recruiter scheduled a phone screen with me via google calendar. I waited on that date, never received a called, and has never replied back to my emails. Incredibly unprofessional.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

In a phone screen, the recruiter MANaged both to mansplain the role and to be ignorant about the position (didn't have basic information or know KPIs). Aggressively pursued salary history four times. I could go on, but I have no energy left to review this company. I went to check out their leadership -- no POC and the only woman on the board has been there less than a year. Ooof. If the red flags raised by the recruiter weren't enough, this information is sending me running.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

A online test for basic skills, followed by a phone interview, then an in-person interview in Seattle. The in-person interview lasted 3 hours, and was split into 3 one-hour sessions with different interviewers. Each session consisted of about 15 minutes of general questions and 45 mins of whiteboarding.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Discussions with the recruiter were positive and courteous. I felt like Zillow understood my background and wanted to work with me. The moment I spoke with an engineer, though, I felt differently. All he wanted to do was talk about himself. He barely asked me a thing about my experience or what I was interested in. I am a very senior person who was asked a low-ball question. I provided a good, efficient answer and tested it well, but still got rejected. Pretty short-sighted. I've worked with too many snowflakes in my career and I don't want to work with another.