Zillow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

2.9

Construction Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

the Interview process was very thorough. I Had two phone interviews then an in person at zillow hq which consisted of four interviews. The recruiter provided a set up discussion as well as feedback after the interview. It was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other sales reps.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

1st phone interview was with HR and went very well. I was invited to move on in the process and have another phone interview with the Regional Director. After that went well too, I was flown to Seattle for a corporate interview.

Left one day, stayed in a very nice hotel, went through 4 interviews the next day, then hopped back on a plane only a few short hours later to go home. It was a whirlwind of an experience.

Everyone was very nice, professional and I thought the interviews went perfectly. However, I was not offered the job.

All expenses were submitted and paid for the trip.

Not sure why I didn't get the job. I was extremely professional and prepared.

Good luck to all who apply

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Zillow?

What kind of strengths would you bring to this position?

If you needed to find a decision maker, how would you go about it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Met a Zillow employee at a career fair in Los Angeles, and expressed interested in account management. He gave me his card and I sent him my resume/cover letter for him to forward along. 2 work days later I spoke with a recruiter who explained the details of the position. 2 work days after that I spoke with the director of the team and he invited me up to Seattle to interview for the position. I flew up the next week for the in-person interview process which is four 30 minute one-on-ones. 1st with the team director, then a team lead, then a team lead from a related team, and lastly a department exec. I got a call the next morning with an offer.

Very casual and nice people. Do your research before hand. You should have well prepared answers for what you think Zillow is (hint: they are a media company), the duties of the role, your relative experience, and your personal goals/future.

Interview Questions

• The executive I interviewed with caught me off guard when he requested I pitch a phone app to him. Given that I was not interviewing for a sales position I had not prepared for any role playing. Nonetheless, I rolled with it and did fine. Being quick on your feet appears to be a skill they value.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry-level job. No negotiations.

Interview

Phone Interview, 2 hour face to face interview with four different people. Overall general, easy interview questions. Helpful to understand the industry and Zillow's place in the industry. Zillow wants to empower consumers and also help real estate agents make the most out of their business

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Lincoln, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

The entire process was very good. The recruiter Catlin was warm and friendly and had excellent interaction throughout the process. Jared, Dennis and Doug were all very welcoming when I came in to interview. They asked pertinent questions and made me feel at home.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I chose Zillow.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and interviewed over the phone with a recruiter within a week, had second interview over the phone with a hiring manager, and finally a third 2-hour interview at their office with 3 different employees ranging from team leads to hiring managers. The interviewers for the third interview were very nice and easy to talk to with their average age being around 27-28. All interview questions are very typical: tell me about yourself, greatest weakness, strengths, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would your co-workers, current or past, say about you as a person if I were to call and ask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied the beginning of June for the position. Was contacted by a recruiter who explained more about the position (Job, salary, work history, etc). I was then given 2 days to answer a few questions regarding your work ethic and situational examples that you face while at work. It's basically meant to see if your communication is strong via email. I was then set up with 4 face to face interviews down at the Irvine office; each one being extremely comfortable and easy going. I then waited a little over 2 weeks and was given (and accepted) the offer!

From the moment you speak with someone from Zillow, you will want to be apart of this team! You are quickly welcomed by everyone. The work environment and team oriented aspect that Zillow provides makes you excited to get up everyday and head to work. Zillow invests greatly into their employees, something every company should take note of. I am blessed to be given such a great opportunity to team up with such a great company!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Zillow? Describe a time that you went the "extra mile" for a customer. Are you better working by yourself or as a team player? Describe your leadership qualities   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with an initial phone interview with a Human Resources representative to qualify the candidate, followed by a phone interviews with your would be manager. Then was invited to an on site interview that started with a job function related exercise, followed by 1-on-1 interviews with several relevant managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a position of leadership and had to diffuse a problem among your team. How did you deal with the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly fast paced. I had initial phone screen with the recruiter and the next business day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That same day they reached out to schedule an in-person interview.
    When I went in, the office was beautiful and everyone was extremely welcoming.
    I interviewed with 3 people, each of them were so nice and made the process less stressful. I clicked with them immediately.
    Almost exactly a week later, an offer was made.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, a couple of day later a recruiter set phone call interview for the following week.
    The call was less than 10 min, looked like the recruiter was in a hurry. Never even asked about my previous experience, she just descrived the job position and ask my availability.
    After the call I assumed they had already someone in mind.
    3 days later I received the automatic email saying the will move forward with other candidate