Zillow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Had a first-round telephone interview, and then I was brought in for an on-site that lasted about 4 1/2 hours with 5 people (3 technical rounds).

This position was also listed as a remote opportunity, but they changed it to on-site at the last minute. I was extremely excited about this position until that happened. Zillow is an open-office environment. No one (not even managers) has their own office. As an introvert, my stomach sank when I toured the floor. I'm betting companies like Zillow are missing out on a lot of talent by having this setup and not allowing remote work. Open offices are not for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are trying to cross a stream full of rocks. Write an algorithm to determine if you can make it to the other side with the following assumptions:
      1) A rock is represented as a 1, water is represented as 0, so a stream of rocks could be represented as [1,1,1,0,0,1,0,1]
      2) With each jump to a rock, the next maximum distance you can jump is equal to the previous jump + 1. So starting out, you can only jump from index 0 to index 1 (if there's a rock at index 1). Then from index 1, you can jump to index 2 or 3 (if there's a rock). Then from index 2, you can jump to 3,4, or 5, etc.
      1 Answer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

My phone interview was cancelled last minute by the Creative Director and I was not informed until after waiting 15 mins for the call and reaching out to the recruiting team. I was rescheduled for a later time that day but he seemed extremely busy and rushed since he only had 15 minutes to talk. The next day I received an automated message that I didn't get the position. I felt like I wasn't even given a chance to fully interview. Hope Zillow does a better job of planning for future situations like this!

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Feb 14, 2017 – Zillow Representative

Thank you for your reply and feedback. I am so sorry that you had this experience. I have investigated what happened with our team and the hiring manager and we will certainly do our best to ensure ... More

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly fast paced. I had initial phone screen with the recruiter and the next business day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That same day they reached out to schedule an in-person interview.
    When I went in, the office was beautiful and everyone was extremely welcoming.
    I interviewed with 3 people, each of them were so nice and make the process less stressful. I clicked with them immediately.
    Almost exactly a week later, an offer was made.

Construction Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

the Interview process was very thorough. I Had two phone interviews then an in person at zillow hq which consisted of four interviews. The recruiter provided a set up discussion as well as feedback after the interview. It was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other sales reps.   1 Answer

Source Data Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Very efficient and timely process. Recruiter interview first followed by manager interview the next week, both via phone. Had an in-person interview the next week. Pleasant process and friendly people.

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY).

Interview

Zillow has an extensive interview process. They are a great company that built their success around collaboration and culture. I got an email from a sales recruiter to set a pbone interview. During that call I was asked basic skill set and culture questions. I was called back to set another phone interview with the Training and education Director in Seattle. I did my research and had a great conversation with him. He set a 3rd interview with the sales manager in the office I would work out of. In the end I was a great culture fit however I was slightly under qualified for the position

Interview Questions

• At our yearly summit what do experiences can you share with the group to help further our development?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY).

Interview

I interview with Zillow at its Seattle office and met a few team members. The format of the interview is very casual where we discusses cases that the team members face in their everyday work.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It takes about 3 weeks in total. First contacted by HR through linkedin, then followed by a phone interview and an onsite interview. The onsite interview had 4 rounds of 1:1 and lunch. Most interviewers are nice and didn't ask hard questions.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a 45 min phone screen with a recruiter followed by a 90 min interview with the hiring manager at the Seattle Zillow office. Both were very friendly and it was relatively informal. The hiring manager had a variety of exercises ready for me to complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe career experiences + situational / behavioral + short exercises in excel, review of landing pages, etc.   Answer Question

Client Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process was extremely efficient and straight forward. I had previously applied for another position and was not selected, but that experience only increased my interest in working for Zillow. The process started with a phone screen with a recruiter who went into great detail of the role and expectations . She was very friendly and it was pleasant conversation. Next was the on site interview which lasted just over an hour. The gentlemen I spoke with were very friendly and really made the interview comfortable. They definitely asked interview questions, but it was more of a conversation about the department and my experience. I had several questions and they had great answers to everything I asked. Later that day I was asked to schedule a phone interview with the manager of the position I was applying for. He was very friendly, apologized that he was out of town for my onsite interview and asked a few questions to get to know me. He was very easy to talk to and we had a great conversation. About an hour later I was told I was selected for the position! They definitely don't waste any time. I am very grateful every person who I spoke with throughout the entire process was welcoming and genuinely nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked very straightforward questions like "how could your past experience could help you in this position" or "how would you deal with repetitive work days?". Do your research on the company and the position.   Answer Question