Zillow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

6 interviews each lasting 30 minutes. First 3 were with the Recruiter, the Manager and the VP of Sales. Everyone was great to talk to and focused on picking the right candidate. It was fast paced and insightful as well as a fact finding mission about myself, my experience, what makes me tick and how I felt I could be succesful and contribute. I had a role play as well so be ready.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen w/recruiter, second interview was a phone screen w/ senior team member, final interview was 4 hr in person interview in Zillow's office. The 4 hr consisted of about 6 mini-interviews and a lunch break.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter and hiring manager clearly did not communicate well. Role was redefined twice during the process. There were people in the interview loop that had no nexus to the role and weren't clear why they were there or what they should be asking me. I had no guidance on who was interviewing me or what their role in the company was. I was left alone for nearly a half hour as recruiting forgot I was there.

Interview Questions

• White board a current issue facing the company.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

One phone screen plus a full loop: 5 interview mixing behavioral questions , system design and coding questions. The hiring process overall was amazingly quick. Very punctual interviewers, with interesting questions. They had the answer the next business day and the numbers the day after that.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Lincoln, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and honest. I was told upfront of the expectations of the role, benefits, etc. I was also impressed by the clarity of the process throughout the stages of the phone call interviews and in-person. I appreciated the honesty in everyone I spoke with as it helped me discover if the position and company was a fit!

Interview Questions

• What office environment do I work best in, what motivates me to work   Answer Question

Consumer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

First step was a 20 min phone screen interview, followed up with a 30 min phone interview the next week with the hiring manager. I was then emailed about setting up an in office interview in Seattle. This interview lasted a good 2 and 1/2 hours and I was interviewed by various members of the team. Everyone was extremely nice and they even provided a goodie bag with snacks and drinks to tide me over during the process.

Interview Questions

• What change to the Zillow/Trulia sites would you make to make it more user friendly?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard process: 1) phone interview with a recruiter 2) phone interview with the Senior Recruiting Manager 3) on-site interview in Seattle

It was truly a great interview process. I could see myself working at Zillow, and I would be except I received a very competitive FTE offer with amazing benefits. While Zillow was a contract opportunity, its important to note they recognize great talent as most of the FTE recruiting team I met with started on a contract. Zillow's offer came in a very close 2nd place. Everyone I met with was very professional and overall one of the best interview experiences I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions; more conversation style questions back and forth rather than a strict list of standard questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, three face to face. All harmless and extremely positive. Zillow provided me with all the knowledge needed to feel comfortable and excited to move forward.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to pitch them a product, any product.   1 Answer

Contract Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the Recruiting team within the week to schedule a phone interview. I had an in person interview 1 week after that. They ended up going with another candidate that was further along in the process, but overall I had a positive experience with Zillow.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I found the recruiting coordinator position listed on Glassdoor and received an email from the recruiter within two days of applying, we then scheduled a phone screen for that same week. The phone screen was about 30 minutes, typical questions about my resume/background experience and skills. I was then invited for an on-site interview with two members of the recruiting team the following week.
    The on-site interview was much more in depth in covering what the role involves, as well as Zillow’s company structure, culture, etc. Both recruiters were very transparent as to what the challenges of the role are and made sure that I understood what the role entails—this was very important to me.
    I received a follow up call at the end of the week to schedule the third round of interviews, on site again; this time would consist of two back to back interviews.
    The first interview was with the hiring manager, second of which being a video conference with the senior manager. Both interviews could have gone longer but we had a hard stop at the 30 minutes. Because of this, I was not able to ask some of the questions I had prepared, but followed up with both people via email and was very impressed that they actually took the time and effort to answer all of my questions [thoroughly!]
    I would have liked for the process to have been quicker, but the entire recruiting team had been travelling in and out of the office during the month of June which caused for some delays. It helped that the recruiters consistently updated me on the next steps and timeline for when I would hear back—I even received an update email from the hiring manager on a Saturday which made me feel like they truly cared about my experience and wanted me to know they hadn’t forgotten about me!
    I would rate the process between average and difficult. Each interview was very comfortable and informal, however going through 3 rounds of interviews with four different people (including a manager and senior manager) makes the process feel highly competitive. My advice: do your research beforehand, come prepared with questions, and get straight to the point for each question they ask you in order to maximize your time with the interviewer!