Zillow Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 857 of over 857 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY)

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by one of their recruiters. Had a 30 minute intro call with the recruiter. Then, I had a 1 hr tech screen with one of their devs. It was on Hakerrank and was more of an algorithm question than a FE development / implementation question. The tech screen didn't go well and I didn't feel like I got to know the interviewer very much. I had to reach out to Zillow to hear anything back which was frustrating because I knew the tech screen didn't go well. It was demoralizing to be waiting for a reject email, not get one, follow up with the recruiter AND THEN get rejected. Even though it wasn't the outcome I wanted they still "liked my personality".

Interview Questions
  • interviewer made up a small algorithm question that we worked through on Hakerrank
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter. The salary wasn't what I was looking for, and he seemed nice and genuinely interested in my qualifications. He let me know that he would see if there were other roles that would be a better fit, and I was excited because Zillow seemed like a great company to work for. After 2 weeks of hearing nothing, and 2 emails sent to the recruiter regarding other roles I was interested in he never once got back to me or responded. Even after HE offered to find a role that was a better match in regards to salary. I think the interview process says so much about a company and it's clear they are disorganized. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm glad they showed me early on!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Dallas, TX) in May 2021

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter, who then forwarded me on for interviews with managers in the department. Once they’ve interviewed you, they debrief, then you hear back next steps. The process can be pretty lengthy.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you’ve dealt with failure and how did you handle it.

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

The interviewers were really nice. There were three steps to the process: video interview with a data scientist, take home assessment, 2-hour final interview. The take home assessment asked to compare two pricing strategies. Interviews mostly only ask about simple SQL queries.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

I went through the initial 30min phone screener interview with a recruiter. Although the recruiter was enthusiastic and fun to speak with, he talked roughly 90% of the time; therefore having no way of assessing whether I met requirements to proceed to the next round of interviews or not. In retrospect, it felt like he was going through the motions of a screener call, and he just had to get through the 30min. It's always great to experience various interviewing process methods, and understand the exceptional candidate pool, so I don't take it personal. That being said, it felt as if I was just a number to hit a quota or they already had enough qualified individuals to fulfill next round of interviews. At the very least, I'd say my recommendation to Zillow is a reply email saying the company decided to go forward with other candidates in the process. Never hearing back, even after my post-interview thank you email, just looks bad.

Interview Questions
  • -Asked me about salary requirements -Had no other questions for me other than if it was a good time for me to still talk when I answered his call
2 people found this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

Initial HR screen. The interviewer was very distracted. You could hear noises coming from the space they were in. It was obvious they had done no preparation for the interview at all. Could barely talk about the position beyond reading out loud the posted description. No feedback on the follow up either. Was clearly some sort of practice interview with no intent to hire.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2021

Interview

The process moved very fast which was good as I was already in the middle of interviewing with another company. They were very accommodating of this and worked to schedule all meetings and feedback quickly -- all within about 2-3 weeks from start to end. I started with a 30 min phone screening with HR and described my background and why I was interested in the position. Moved quickly to next step which was an hour call with the hriging manager. 20 min for background chat, 30 minutes for live data analysis exercise, and 10 min for Q&A. live exercise was challenging with a tight timeline but easy enough and a cool way to show relevant experience. My test had 3 questions requiring me to show how I would optimize a campaign and calculate KPIs, identify data trends and forecast results, and a final one identifying insights from data calculations. Overall I did well, but the nerves of the time crunch led me to make a few simple mistakes I would have not made in my daily life. Oh well -- still did well enough to make it to the next round and was told on the call I was a strong candidate even being considered for more senior positions. Next step was the loop -- similar to Amazon. Given this is during the pandemic it was all on video calls. 2 hours with 4 interviews with stakeholders each 30-min. That's a very short amount of time vs Amazon who schedules hour blocks for each of their 5-6 interviewers. Very similar to Amazon's approach with "tell me a time" questions however the team was not very coordinated and each person asked me the same exact question and a couple of very similar ones which caused my answers to be a bit repetitive. Overall, not nearly as polished as Amazon but a good experience. About a week went by and I heard from HR that they wanted to schedule a call to review the team's feedback. Unfortunately, I was not offered the position. I was very surprised given the positive feedback throughout and the multiple conversations about the possibility of more senior roles. More shocking was to have them schedule a call to tell me this -- this could have definitely been an email or an unscheduled call. Setting up a time like this really set expectations in a weird way and I've never had someone call to say I didn't get the job and not offer some kind of additional path forward. Very awkward and disappointing end to an overall good interview process.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

1.- HR call 2.- Screening Call 3.- Onsite 4 hours There is one small prep call between 2 and 3. During the onsite meeting they ask for a warm-up question and then the hard question. They responded fast.

Interview Questions
  • Find the first non repetitive char in a string

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

The interview included 4 sessions, three in the morning and one in the afternoon. Three research-type interviews and one round of coding. The interviewers were friendly and asked in-depth questions in the ML field.

Interview Questions
  • Select a predictive algorithm and talk through how it works.

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

I initially was recruited for a qualitative position, but at my interview, it became clear they were interviewing me for a quantitative position (without ever telling me this beforehand). This was confusing and definitely threw me off during the in-person session. I had prepared expecting to be interviewed for an entirely different type of role.

Interview Questions
  • Tell them about experiences I had in dealing with large data sets (10,000+ sample size)
Viewing 1 - 10 of 857 Interviews