Zillow Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,076 of over 1,076.0 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

In the job fair the speakers said that you did not need experience and they train but in the interview process they let you know you need a years worth of experience.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any cold calling experience?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Miami, FL) in May 2022

Interview

Zillow's interview experience is definitely the best experience I have ever had. I applied for the job through a recruiter, the entire process took around 2~3 weeks. Recruiters are extremely responsible and helpful: they provide useful resources and suggestions on interview preparations. During the interviews, I could tell that interviewers are welcoming and inclusive. I even was pleasantly surprised after the interview -- I received a digital postcard from ZG. From the process, I feel interviewees are truly cared.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

First call with the recruiter. I would like appreciate him because he was friendly and always one call away whenever needed. After that screening interview which includes one algorithm followed by the iOS related questions. On-site interview: Round 1 - Algorithm followed by the behavioral questions. Round 2 - Algorithm followed by the design patterns and knowledge of ios. Round 3 - Algorithm followed by the behavioral questions. Round 4 - System design followed by the behavioral questions. All the interviewers were helping throughout the process. They will also give you hints. Key is think aloud when you are working on your algorithm.

Interview Questions
  • Leet code medium. I can’t disclose because I have signed the NDA.

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

Talked with a recruiter and then the next steps would be an hour leetcode test, followed by a 4 hour leetcode/developer testing. They seemed more interested in people who grind on leetcode all day and want bragging rights of "I work at" X company. They're not interested in work experience or making sure the culture/work environment is a fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zillow

Application

I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

Disjointed, the company expects more from the applicants than is reasonable in the early stages. The organizers in recruiting were late and the interviewers were late. Perhaps plan more buffer time to ensure you pay respect to the process.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO)

Interview

It was simple. I interviewed with 3 people after passing the preliminary call interview. They were all friendly. Willing to answer any question I had and open to making sure the process felt comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you ran into a problem or issue in your role and how did you solve it?

Zillow

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow in Apr 2022

Interview

3 step process: 1.Recruiter phone call - 30 min - super simple phone call with a recruiter. They want to know your experience and what you're looking for in a position. 2. Technical Screen - 1 hour- interview with a senior engineer. Usually there is a live coding session, but mine did not. Mine was a technical deep dive about what I have done, what I am looking for, and really simple knowledge questions. 3. Final onsite interview - 2.5 hours - broken up into 2 1 hr sessions people from the team and a 30 min discussion with the hiring manager. Expect coding questions and technical question. In between steps 2 and 3 I had a meeting with a recruiter who gave me details about zillow, explained the payment process and benefits, and told me what to expect in the interview. I thought all the coding and technical questions were super easy. Think the easiest leetcode though questions vary by team.

Interview Questions
  • Questions on design patterns, OOP, time complexity, best practices, some questions on Javascript and SQL.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2022

Interview

First I had a relatively reasonable tech screen composed of an easy algorithm question followed by a general Android knowledge quiz including a poorly chosen lifecycle question, concerning an incoming call. When I asked, they failed to clarify whether they were referring to the full screen activity or the bubble notifications that I think are used on modern phones. I told them I wasn't really sure what lifecycle callbacks if any would happen to the activity below, and I'd have to add logging. The onsite was four separate interviews, which were kind of lame honestly. They were heavier on Android knowledge than programming, but even more time was spent on behavioral questions than either of those. I'd characterize the coding questions as easy or on the easy end of medium leetCode. Silly thing is they would talk about other topics until only 5-10 minutes remained in the session, then spend a couple more minutes giving an incomplete explanation, leaving me no time to read or think about the question.. They also messed up a couple of their test cases, to make things more confusing. The android domain knowledge focused on only a couple very specific areas, and there was no worthwhile discussion of app architecture. The recruiter told me they'd give me a decision the following day, and then simply never got back to me. I mean, it was different than the first time I interviewed with them several years back, when they didn't get back to me until several months later, after I'd already accepted another position elsewhere. Ultimately though I was disappointed in their process yet again. I wouldn't waste your time.

Interview Questions
  • It would be inappropriate to give away their interview questions, particularly since they, like every other tech company have you sign an NDA.

Zillow

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow in Apr 2022

Interview

Interview process is multi-tiered, well communicated and supported with excellent participation from your Recruiters. From initial contact to final interview, you know exactly where to be, who you're meeting with and how to prepare for success. Their team has mastered the art of virtual interviewing as while their team was located all over the globe, they left a very cohesive team impression.

Zillow

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zillow

Interview

A very nice interview process. In the end, I was not the company’s top choice. And, I can accept that. Feedback for the Talent Acquisition Team: Once you’ve established rapport with a candidate, it’s a bit cold and impersonal to send a standard “thanks, but no thanks” email from the “no-reply” Zillow email. Really? You can do better! In my day as a recruiter, we had the decency to call the candidate personally. Heck, I had to call candidates personally when they didn’t pass their drug test. UPDATE: I shared this feedback with the recruiter, and she said, “Thank you! I’ll pass along the feedback. Best of luck!” Wow! This tells me Zillow treats their candidates as numbers, metrics, and not people. Worth considering before you interview!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,076 Interviews

Zillow Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Zillow as 56.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.87 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Inside Sales Consultant and Senior Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Software Development Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Zillow takes an average of 21 days when considering 1,127 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Inside Sales Consultant had the quickest hiring process (on average 10 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Zillow according to 1,127 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 36.38%