Intuit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone Screening Intro, Craft Demos, panel discussion by teams, final interview with hiring manager. Allowed to share my thoughts for any questions they asked. Discussed business scenarios and possible resolution plan. It was awesome process.

Interview Questions

• It was positive experience. People were nice. Like craft demo which help to have discussion with team instead of traditional interview structure.   1 Answer

Learning Design Interview

Interview

I met with two members of the team over video conference for about an hour and then met with who would be my team manager over the phone for about thirty minutes. The interview was very conversational and friendly.

T1 Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Mass interview, invited via email and held in an audio meeting online. Told us the job, the pay, and when it will start. Could accept or reject offer there. Afterwards, they just kept up with us via email and let us know when and where to start. After that point, we were considered 'in'.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

2 phone screens, one with recruiter, one with hiring manager, in-person interview with 4 people which required presentation and case study. In person interview was 3.5 hours. Many hours of prep for me. The interview questions were tough but fairly standard. I really liked the set-up. It was hard, but thorough. and I felt the rigor around it was a positive. There were some delays in the whole process due to time of year/vacations, but recruiter kept in touch with me the whole time. You can tell they care about people. Good company, I'm impressed. Within 24 hours of interview I received a brief email telling me I didn't get the job. I'd say that was the only area where I felt could be improved. After a month and a lot of investment of time and energy I felt blown off. They don't owe me anything, but I could have love to know where I was strong and where I was weak.

Interview Questions

• Who in your company is most critical of you and why?
      When is a time you took a risk and failed?   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter after my resume was posted on Indeed. I had a tax quiz with the recruiter, I passed that then I was scheduled for a phone interview. After the 15 min phone interview I was called in for an in person interview. Everyone was very friendly. It seemed they were just trying to get a feel if I were a good fit for the team.

Integration Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Hiring Manager is was cool and then had group discussion with team on behavioral and technical asked more about JAVA scripts and the team was watching me while doing and obviously candidate would be bit tensed but overall gave most of the answers out of 30 questions provided answers around 25 to 26 but they were looking for 100 % to answer on the spot which i think is not possible for most of the people

Interview Questions

Intuit Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; it's invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our candidate experience. We would like to learn more about your interview... More

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Reno, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen with Recruiter, then with hiring manager. Case study work and then a panel interview over video conferencing system. Group and then 2 on 1, 1 on 1, followed by hiring manager wrap up.

Interview Questions

• Standard Questions, none stood out as being particularly original.   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Few calls with recruiter, a technical telephonic interview, a case study, and then onsite interview. Recruiter was very nice, phone screen was ok, but onsite interview was upsetting. The environment was very bland, and unwelcoming. Everyone looked tensed, no one was even smiling. Kind of in rush, and directly started firing questions as soon as I joined them in conference room. Cutting you in between the explanations and moving to other questions. Don't want to discuss, just want to hear, what they think should be THE answer. Very too the point coding, overall poor structure.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on technologies like redundant distributed file processing framework, SQLs, Time Complexities, Basic DS questions, etc.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted initially by a recruiter on LinkedIn asking if I was interested in a contract quality engineer position with Intuit. The recruiter set up a phone screen with a manager that only lasted 15-20 minutes and was mostly just questions about my testing background and a few simple Java questions that anyone with Java experience should know. I was invited on site roughly a week later. The on site was also relatively short (under an hour); I had to write a Java method either on my laptop or a whiteboard that involved manipulating a String, which I went over with the team who helped me fix a few small bugs with the code. They then used this code sample as an example and asked how I would approach testing the code I wrote, how I could improve it, etc. We finished with some behavioral questions related to how I work in teams and how I'd go about talking with developers whose code I was critiquing.

Interview Questions

• Write a Java method that manipulates a string a certain way.   Answer Question
    • If you were given this code sample to test, how would you test it?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a developer who wrote this code to suggest changes?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Un professional recruiters and managers, scheduled interview and canceled right before the day stating the entire team took off for a week .. still I am thinking how can it be possible and how important team is in company!!!.
    we need to follow up with recruiters on what happened. and no one officially called and explained what happened. and after the interview everything was positive except my salary ask and they want to reduce my range so put on hold and in between messages and calls stating we looking for other candidates right now and a call stating 15 % is what we looking for hike and setup a call with sr manager, and he is very unprofessional in the call and said I will be notified in 3 days, no reply even after a week and I have to call and check what happened and got reply most of the team is on leave [ Team is always on leaves ] and week after that when I called back they said they trying a next candidate and will call after 2 months.. but luckily I got better offer in a very good company and with the salary range what they said is too high more than that,Even if they offer I decided not to go because the kind of work and importance of the team in company . I am very lucky that I didn't get job in this company. I experienced the people and managers mentality. May be this team in particular like that.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intuit in May 2017.

Interview

saw the ad in glassdoor and applied. Made few calls with the RPO at intuit and they helped me to schedule the call with the Hiring Manager after a week. The interview process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer right from the beginning did not ask me any questions. He told me he has candidates in mind already and going to offer the position. Then why did he call and waste a candidate's time. He was very rude .   1 Answer

Intuit Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

We're really sorry that you had a poor experience. This level of communication is abnormal for Intuit and if you would like to provide more feedback please email candidate_care@intuit.com -- thank... More