Intuit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone Screening Intro, Craft Demos, panel discussion by teams, final interview with hiring manager. Allowed to share my thoughts for any questions they asked. Discussed business scenarios and possible resolution plan. It was awesome process.

Interview Questions

• It was positive experience. People were nice. Like craft demo which help to have discussion with team instead of traditional interview structure.   1 Answer

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for providing this review and we are glad you chose to join us at Intuit!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

It was an campus interview with two interviewers. They asked me two technical questions and then there was a behavioral interview which was refreshing because many companies don't care about your personality and how you get along with others.

Interview Questions

• asked how to check what pairs of ints in an array could add up to other elements in an array   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for the great review. Welcome to Intuit!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit in September 2017.

Interview

On campus recruitment fair. Got an invitation for on campus interview the next day.
    Interview is 75 minutes long, consisting of a 30 mins behavioral questions and 45 minutes of technical question.

Interview Questions

• 1. Show us what you worked on in your github.
      2. What do you like about the language you are most comfortable with
      3. Implement a TinyURL encoding system   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for providing a positive review on your interview process with us. We wish you the best in your job search and hope you will consider us later in your career.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Interview

In short, the most unresponsive recruiter ever. I was contacted by Intuit recruiter who asked me to complete a survey and promised to reach out within a week (which was written in the e-mail). I was super-excited, and completed the survey. After a week, I didn't get any news, so I asked for the update. No reply. I sent another e-mail, and I didn't get any reply. Later, I sent another e-mail asking for any kind of updates (whether it's a rejection/it takes more time/I may move forward with the interview), but I still didn't get a single response back. It's amazing how the recruiter promises to respond back within a week and does something like this. I recently had interviews from Salesforce, Facebook, and the recruiters in those companies were super-fast and very responsive. For Intuit, it is complete opposite. I guess they think it is in their right to ignore candidates like this.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 interviews - 1 phone call with recruiter, 1 conversation with 2 managers (very behavioral), 1 case study presentation (had 48 hours to prep). The Interview process was very smooth, employees were extremely friendly and conversational. You had a lot of flexibility in terms of how to prepare the case study and the recruiter allowed follow-up questions. They genuinely care about employee fit and thinking style.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about past failures and what you learned from them.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was the initial step, then an i person interview. In-person interview occurred about a week after the phone interview and job was offered the next day. Interviewers (there were 2 and were the same interviewers for both interviews) were extremely nice and enthusiastic about not only their job, but the company as a whole. It was a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Describe an event planning checklist you would follow for an event happening that day.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about prioritizing your day/tasks?   Answer Question
    • If both execs are out of the office at the time you arrive and you have nothing to do, how do you pass the time?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was divided into 3 parts: personal, system design, and algorithms. For the personal portion of the interview, I briefly talked about my background and talked about one of my side projects. For the system design portion, we went over how to design a mobile payment app. For the algorithms portion, it was still partially a systems designs question. Afterwards, I had around 5 minutes to ask them about any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Design a mobile payment app.   Answer Question
    • How would you go about storing a list of String formatted transactions in a cache?   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had one call with HR and then there was a technical phone interview.HR were very responsive and helpful but the interviewer is not good at all. She cant even explain the question well. She just copy pasted the coding question from google on collabedit and not even listening to the different approaches I was giving to her. She only wanted to listen one answer I think which she knew or which was mentioned on the google.
    If you are asking some design and complex coding question on call then you should explain it really well. She just asked me to read it myself. She was also not giving proper attention throughout and when I was asking her something she said one min and than read my solution.I had to repeat my answers 4-5 times. She didn't even know what Treemap is. Seriously! !!! Horrible Interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement iterator which take 3 iterator as Input and sort it out.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ind Head Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Ind Head Park, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Preliminary interview to see if you have the same goals and equipment necessary for the position. Wireless internet, land line etc. Must have fiber internet and land line.

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then followed up with a 1/2 day of interviews including a presentation. They provided feedback which is why I rated this as a good interview. Be prepared to spend some time learning about the product. They even asked for suggestions for improvement which they may have used. I should have charged a fee!

Interview Questions

• Straightforward questions. They seemed to focus a lot on working with difficult people.   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you so much for your great review. We are glad you had a positive experience interviewing with us and we wish you the best of luck in finding the next step in your career.

Tax Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email within a week. Follow-up phone interview. Originally told that employment was available immediately, and then was told employment was not available for over two months. Communication with recruiter was not consistent and they seem disorganized and could not remember our prior communications prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• We have start dates at the end of January 2018.   1 Answer

Sep 22, 2017 – Candidate Experience Care

Thank you for providing a review on your experience. We're sorry you decided not to move forward with the role and hope you'll consider us again next year.