Intuit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,550 of over 1.6K interviews

Employee Referral15%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Applied through the corp site to a couple of different roles. Recruiter reached out within a week to chat about my goals, experience, why I'm looking, why I'm interested in Intuit. At the end of the call the recruiter said they'd like me to chat with the hiring manager. That hiring manager chat was put on the calendar for the following week (but it took less than 48 hours to get it scheduled). Hiring Manager screen was a deeper dive into my experience as a manager, how I lead, how I deal with challenging situations and grow engineers. This phone call had more technical questions around projects/team s I've led in the past, and what level of contribution I had. There were a couple of very specific domain level questions that I think were intended just as a check to make sure I wasn't just throwing buzzwords around and that I actually had experience with certain tech. Overall the call covered a lot of different topics but was fairly easy. I got feedback within 24 hours that they wanted me to move to the onsite stage, and it was put on the calendar for a little less than two weeks later. There was a take home "assignment". I was a given a prompt (eng management scenario) a few days before the onsite, and asked to craft a presentation around how I'd approach the scenario, with the expectation that I'd have to spend ~45 minutes talking through it to a panel of interviewers at the onsite. Onsite was several rounds and quite long, but similar to most tech interviews. First round was with hiring manager, Staff engineers, and a couple of other managers. Spent about ~10 minutes on intros, then gave presentation during which they interrupted (not rudely) to ask questions or dive deeper along the way). After the presentation there were more questions on topics (e.g. how i make tradeoffs) they wanted to dive deeper into. It didn't seem like anyone had a script. It was more like they were adapting their questions to the content of my presentation. Next round was a 1:1 interview with another manager, who asked me more strategic questions related to how I lead engineering teams. Another round was with two Product Managers seeking to understand what it would be like to work and reason through things with me. Another was with an engineer and manager who asked me to whiteboard a particularly complicated system I led the development of, and they asked a lot of specific questions on why certain tech was chosen, or why something was designed or certain way. Last round was 1:1 with the hiring manager, which was more of a coffee chat, seemingly gauging compatibility in management styles, etc. I had a verbal decision (yes) within 24 hours from the recruiter, and an offer in hand 48 hours after that. In my experience since then, one thing I'm most grateful for in Intuit's interview process is the fact that they have a STRONG policy of getting feedback to candidates (management, IC's, anyone) as soon as humanly possible. I wish more companies were like this.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a challenging 1:1 you had with an engineer
    Answer Question
10 people found this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

It was nice and questions were of standard dp and graph-based algorithms. For online questions look for dp variants and standard graph algos well in advance. Prepare your intro and few puzzles in advance

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

Four rounds of interviews including online assessment, technical and behavioral interviews. Karat platform was used for the second technical interview and then an interview with engineers from Intuit. Graph questions were asked

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

First round was coding round. Around 25 students were selected from the coding round. In the first round of technical round they asked an array based coding question. There were two other interview round (one technical and one hr)

Interview Questions
  • They asked an array based question How pointers work in 2d array

Intuit

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

Intuit interview had 2 rounds. 1 Online coding round. 1 F2F Interview. Rejected as I was little bit slow . Didn't received more feedback but questions were kind of medium level Leetcode. I had prepared using Leetcode and I had applied online.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Find free time slot in a persons calender. 2. BFS based shortes path question.

Intuit

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

The interview process was really efficient and a fantastic process all around Start to end took 3 weeks. Had to complete a design exercise and present it along with 2 other projects All day interview "on-site" with multiple meetings with various stakeholders

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The recruiter called me and said the team is fast growing and that they wanted people to work on it. The recruiter shared an SQL take home assessment which I completed and shared in a couple of days. Post which, there was an interview with the hiring manager who was late 20's youth. Grilled into the details of AB testing and SQL query writing on coderpad. The interview went pretty good and I was expecting the recruiter reach out. I followed up in few days, but the recruiter ghosted me off completely! After spending time for an assessment and an interview, ghosting off is the worst thing that can be done. Anyway, it is good for me, as I was skeptical about this team and role, hearing from an ex-employee .

Interview Questions
  • Questions on details of AB testing, SQL query writing questions

Intuit

Application

I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

The interviewer was finding different ways to put me away from the job. She was a foreigner. I sensed in the beginning that she doesn't want to hire me and her interview pattern and way of questioning me was very doubtful. At the end of 30 minutes of my phone call she somehow pulled a string to say I do not fit for this role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intuit

Application

I interviewed at Intuit

Interview

Started with recruiter screen, then hiring manager interview that included light assessment of SQL. Then a final round that the company calls a Craft Demo, which includes presentation of an analytics case and standard interviews with a few folks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Austin, TX)

Interview

For a Tax Expert position, having your CPA, EA or tax atty license is a plus. But it is not required. Interview is with recruiter. Short fast and to the point. Your resume gets you to the recruiter. If you get that email, you're in and from there it is pick your schedule, here's what you get paid based on your locale, and then wait wait wait for many weeks before the start date.

Interview Questions
  • There really isn't one. If you resume indicates you have customer experience and or tax experience, even just as a volunteer with no actual tax preparation experience, you will get hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit (Mountain View, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interviewer was rude and felt like they were not well versed with data structures. They asked a problem which I solved in a very efficient manner but they had different solutions in mind and would not take the different solution as answer. After certain test cases they were convinced that my solution works but they still gave negative reviews as they had something else on mind. I checked the solution later online and it was the best soluton.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,550 Interviews