Senior sql developer Interview Questions

Clarity Partners
Senior Oracle Pl/SQL Developer was asked...September 25, 2019

What is the tnsnames?

2 Answers

it is a folder that contain database connection informations.

It is a file that contains a database connections information

What do you want to build together?

1 Answers

Software that make's people's lives easier, and allows them to perform their jobs more efficiently and effectively. Less

CodeForce

Assume a schema of Emp ( Id, Name, DeptId ) , Dept ( Id, Name). If there are 10 records in the Emp table and 5 records in the Dept table, how many rows will be displayed in the result of the following SQL query: Select * From Emp, Dept Explain what would be your answer?

galat hua na fir dekhio

Morningstar

We have data that gets loaded once a week. With that in mind we have an application that clients enter search data in to and then SQL has to dynamically build a statement that has 25 different data points/relationships. It works fine, but takes upwards of 30 seconds to return the data to the client. You can not change the existing schema, but you can however add to it. Indexes are already present and optimized on all the different tables. What could you do to make this process much faster??

1 Answers

Without being able to restructure the existing schema your only choice is to de-normalize the data. When the data gets loaded on that weekly schedule, also build a flat table so there are no relationships being built. Less

Capgemini

All Technical Questions.....

1 Answers

As per my best knowledge...

Divergent Infosoft Technologies

given three round after that shortlisted for sql developer profile given handsome salary in the industry .divergent infosoft technologies ISO 9001:2008 Certified . good company for payroll software and its services. according to me company is good .taken very long journey divergent stablest in 1991. director mohan abbhi big personalty .

Orient Technologies

What is your notice period.

1 Month.

Workforce Logiq

Different situations on system problems and how I would solve them.

1 Answers

I got all answers correct

Pennymac

The hiring manager asked me some questions about relational vs. Star Schema. He also asked me to review some code and comment on it. I brought code samples with me and talked him though what I’d done and I think that really helped. The users mostly asked me what type of work I did and some general SQL questions, nothing too hard.

1 Answers

What kind of code was it? what questions did he ask? I am in a similar situation here so wanted to get some insight. Less

Tenet Healthcare

How do you handle working with difficult people.

1 Answers

No one comes to work to do a bad job. Understanding each others goals can pave the way to team achievement. Less

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Interview Questions