Senior Database Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Database Developer

Senior Database Developer Interview Questions

Senior database developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Your last position was in Access?

1 Answer

Yes, but most of my relevant experience is in MS SQL.

Why do you want to work for JP Morgan Chase.

1 Answer

We have data that gets loaded once a week. With that in mind we have an application that clients enter search data in to and then SQL has to dynamically build a statement that has 25 different data points/relationships. It works fine, but takes upwards of 30 seconds to return the data to the client. You can not change the existing schema, but you can however add to it. Indexes are already present and optimized on all the different tables. What could you do to make this process much faster??

1 Answer

2 hrs sql test is on a computer where the database is build and the questions to related to the data in the tables.

Technical database architecture and use case scenarios

The HR questions were standard questions about my overall experience. I talked with several members of the development team. There were not really any specific technical questions, but mostly overall descriptions of what the job would entail. The hiring manager did ask a few technical questions but they were fairly simple. The hiring process has since changed, at least in the group I was in. The process is much more strict and the interviews are much more technical.

1 Answer

Most of the questions were detailed and specific; very difficult to reproduce with any justice here

110 of 19 Interview Questions