Tenet Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tenet Healthcare Interview Questions

Interviews at Tenet Healthcare

2.5

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare.

Interview

For a senior role I was not asked a single nor competency based interview question. Shoddy for an organization of this size. Senior HR executive was more interested in their Apple Watch and highly distracted. New HQ was a part finished construction zone with contractors disrupting interviews and poor AC control. Interview process spent plenty of time asking questions about jobs from years ago. Interviewers more focused on trying to find a gotcha moment that validate experience, talent and impact. Was asked 2 illegal questions during the screening process. Shameful for a fortune 200 company. Did not get a good vibe from several of the interviewers. Seems to speak to the culture on several reviews here.

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (Worcester, MA).

Interview

Had a great phone interview with a recruiter with Texas who set up on on-site interview with a peer group of other Market Operations Managers in the market. They were cut throat! One of them, who joined, the interview 30 minutes late, was the ring leader, and asked pointed questions and led the group down a road of convincing me why I did not want the position. They had inside jokes about their day to day roles and were totally unprofessional and I truly believe they had no interview skills. I was never able to meet with the person who I would report to so peers ended up making a hiring decision, which in this case was a very poor decision so Tenet should re-think their interview process.

Interview Questions

• The only real interview question was how did I improve customer service in my prior role, which was a great question.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter that had sparse healthcare experience. Phone interview was more oriented towards finding enough meat on the bone to keep you in the process. Healthcare is a volatile marketplace with extreme market forces in recent years, consequently, not everyone has great tenure, even with seniority and higher levels of responsibility. Interview process was a mess, 1st we're going to do this, then we're going to do that, then we'll have you do this instead. If you're hiring senior people and executives, it's time for Tenet to up their game. By the time they book you, the plan will have changed. Like many other companies, they like to use their ground floor interview rooms. Good luck if you're trying to see the work environment or teams. It doesn't save the hassle of the arrival process when the front desk has to check you in still and you're left waiting for someone who knows what they're doing to check you in. Parking @ HQ in the daytime is a joke, prepare to park on the roof to find a space then go all the way down if the wind doesn't blow you there first. I was surprised to find the people interviewing didn't have much by way of prepared questions. I saw my resume in various guises, some had plenty of schicken scratch on, others had used highlighters to enhance key words or other key information.

Not one senior person I met with had an interview guide, I was also surprised that there was no psychometic assesment of personality or type etc, especially given that this was a key role in the hierarchy. Some interviewers had a specific negative tone to their questions, others were more interested in looking out of the window. If you're interviewing here, be certain of the position you're applying for, as well as read plenty of reviews on here.
    While glassdoor shows a low review rating for Tenet, it is compounded by plenty of facility based hourly staff who bemoan their experience. Pay attention to the reviews left by the corporate folk too, there's a definate undertone on the most part to their experiences to.

During my interview, I learned of many internal failings, people not being held accountable for their inefficiencies or productivity. Considering I was an outsider looking in, this did not give me a good vibe, and considering I have choices in the market, did not exude confidence in this being a desirable move.

Interview Questions

• How had I lowered department expenditure in the past?   1 Answer

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

I had two (2) interviews. First interview a was a brief qualifying telephone interview with HR personnel. Second interview was a 30-minute telephone interview with a department peer who was late to the phone call.

Interview Questions

• HR personnel asked basic qualifying questions. Peer asked questions detailed questions that were NOT even on the job description. Very disorganized process. Peer doesn't know how to interview a candidate for the 30 min. interview.   1 Answer

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hardeeville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (Hardeeville, SC).

Interview

Easy and as long as you know your basic Medical knowledge, you are hired. Further, the test your Clinical knowledge by asking verbal Medical questions. But it is wee worth it when you're dealing with people lives.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

Standard application process. Contacted by HR 2 weeks after submitting, HR’s initial contact message routed to Spam in Outlook, and typical phone interview with verbal confirmation that my experience and skill level was unmatched and that I was the perfect fit. Met with 1st of 2 persons in the face-to-face interview phase who explained in detail their need, reviewed my resume and validated my qualifications, and expressed his want to hire me. Voiced that 1 candidate still needed to interview but I should receive a call with an offer the following Monday or Tuesday. Emailed HR to follow up on Thursday after no call. Received reply Friday COB I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Do you smoke cigarettes?   1 Answer
    • Can you pass a drug test?   1 Answer
    • You can start pretty quickly?   1 Answer
    • The office is moving to either Frisco or Farmers Branch at the end of the year - not sure which yet - but definitely want to make sure that will be an ok commute for you.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The hiring process took three weeks, a phone interview was conducted first. The manager asked simple and complex questions. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes. The on-boarding process took two weeks.

IT Security Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview with the hiring manager was very engaging. It was scheduled as a 30min interview but ended up being about an hour and I didn't even realize time had gone by so quickly. I learnt a lot about the position.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (Frisco, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter, had a great conversation was scheduled for an interview and when I went to the interview on the following day of the scheduled interview setup by recruiter, I was told it was cancelled. I was a little shocked that no one contacted me regarding the interview being cancelled. As soon as I contacted the recruiter she advised me that the interview that she set up was tentative. Of course it would have been nice if I was told before hand if the interview was confirmed or denied. After the whole process, I was made to feel like I was the one that did something wrong. If this how a company runs, you're doing me a favor by not hiring me. The lack of communication is unreal and cant believe a healthcare organization would treat anyone this way.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in contracts?   2 Answers

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tenet Healthcare (El Paso, TX).

Interview

Straightforward, standard questions such as strengths and weaknesses, what can I bring to the table, short and long-term goals, etc. The setting is friendly but professional, feels like the management really wants to get to know you and welcome you to the team.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, goals. Examples of going above and beyond at previous jobs.   Answer Question