ARS-Rescue Rooter Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2019

3.9
ARS-Rescue Rooter CEO Don Karnes
Don Karnes
Pros
  • "Great Benefits good pay great location(in 15 reviews)

• "Great pay, great benefits, family like environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company match on 401k, long hours during peak season make for less than desirable work life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "No Cons that I have experienced(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have felt very supported even from the very start of the interview process. Switching companies is always an uneasy feeling because you dont know what you're going to get. But at ARS I was immediately welcomed and supported by management and coworkers. I feel like I have freedom to do my job, bring new ideas, and not be micromanaged. I am very satisfied with the tools and compensation provided to me. Highly... recommend this company!

Cons

I think there could have been a little more training up front. Despite that, I've always gotten my questions answered and the help I needed!

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-05-28

"10/10"

Current Employee - HVAC Service in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The greatest benefit of working at ARS Rescue Rooter DBA Bob Hamilton Plumbing + Heating + A/C + Rooter + Electrical is definitely the people that I get to work with, the office staff are all friendly and supportive of one another and the technicians are all very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly

Cons

none come to mind at this time

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-08-08

August 26, 2019Manager, Recruitment & Retention

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad you enjoy working at Bob Hamilton and, we agree, the employees definitely make it a great place to work.

3. "Honest Review"

Former Employee - Comfort Adviser in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for less than a year

Pros

After reading reviews before the job I wanted to give a fair objective assessment. The model is great. You get 2-4 leads in your territory each day with an expectation to close 30% Most weeks I walked away with $1000 after taxes and some weeks as much as $3000 and I wasn't the best one. More often than not I finished 2nd-6th Our office had a great boss, and that can make or break any sales job. Great... Pay Company Car Leads for each day All the tools you need are provided to succeed You don't need to know ANYTHING about AC to get started and do well.

Cons

Every office is different. Ours had a couple bad apples that slowed down what we were doing. If you don't sell, you're not going to get the best leads. Some people think thats unfair.. If you do, sales probably isn't for you. Put up or shut up. Not competitive in pricing Hours can be long and unpredictable. (but you also have considerable downtime in the day.)

Advice to Management

It's really hard to convince someone to pay $8000 for an AC when they have a quote for $3800.... Warranties/guarantees only can be upsold so much. Consider lowering the book price for AC's as that can kill our commisions when we discount too much. For my branch specifically, there were problems with the lead generation side. A couple lazy people and some interoffice romance led to a cog in the wheel if you will.

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-09-19
  4. "Good Company and Right Direction"

Current Employee - HVAC Service Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for more than a year

Pros

National company with stability and enough work to keep me busy with good earning potential each week. We got a new GM that is good and I can tell the business will keep getting better.

Cons

Hours can be long and especially end of days with getting board cleared off before going home. I would also like the benefits to be cheaper and more 401K.

Advice to Management

Keep building teamwork and trust here

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-08-26
  5. "Not so nice a place to work"

Former Employee - Service Techu

I worked at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Getting a paycheck and benefits

Cons

No skill training or challenge

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-09-11

"Great HVAC career company!"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive and fair pay that rewards hard work and providing excellent customer service.

Cons

Can be very busy at peak times but that is the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Focus on the positives of the work performed and show how we can apply that to every call.

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-07-26

August 26, 2019Manager, Recruitment & Retention

Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoy working at ARS.

7. "Not Worth Your Time"

Current Employee - Advisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for less than a year

Pros

They do provide a company vehicle, tablet, and phone. Benefits are available.

Cons

Extremely overbearing company “policies” that control every aspect of your day while being consistently disrespectful as to an employee’s worth. Managerial staff is stretched too thin and are often “ping pong balls in a wind storm” and will forget that they failed to give you information critical to your success. Benefits package is insanely expensive as ARS does not contribute to health, dental, or vision and... every paycheck is deducted to pay for it. Cost range for health only from $15/check to $150/check when adding spouse only. Dispatchers are aloof and often fail to return calls, screen potential leads, and communicate with others well. Cronyism runs amuck and leads that are clearly not qualified are handed to new staff members. Deceptive with regards to scope of position and compensation. Hiring process is lengthy and drawn out and accordingly deceptive. Overall lack of respect for your time as they expect all your time to be their time.

Advice to Management

Hire capable managers and provide them with assistance when needed so they are not stretched so thin. Train dispatches and phone room on how to properly screen and disperse leads. Create a system that most effectively utilizes employees time instead of placing them behind the wheel for most of their day. Revamp training and expectations Create job notices that disclose all the information not bits to make it... look attractive.

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-08-09

August 26, 2019Manager, Recruitment & Retention

We are sorry to hear that your experience working for ARS has not met your expectations. However, we are glad you are still with ARS and would like to discuss how we can make things better. Please send your contact info to talent@ars.com so we can set up a time to talk. Thank you.

8. "Awesome Company!!!!"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always growing and a chance for advancement.

Cons

No Cons that I have experienced

Advice to Management

Keep the company moral on high!

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-07-18
  9. "Good Temporary Job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for more than a year

Pros

small commission on each sale good for students

Cons

have to deal with customers pay is not the best

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-08-02

"Great Growing Company"

Current Employee - Division Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ARS-Rescue Rooter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is growing and lots of opportunities across the country. A lot of freedom to control your own business. CEO and upper management are very engaged in the business and reward top performers. Great bonus plan.

Cons

No major cons. Normal growing pains when a business is expanding.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!

ARS-Rescue Rooter2019-06-24