Achievers Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 185 reviews

3.8
Achievers CEO Jeff Cates
Jeff Cates
Pros
  • "Team work is a lot more fun with team of great people here(in 19 reviews)

• "Great culture with lots of social activities, clubs and free food(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Limited career growth opportunities if not in HQ (Toronto)(in 10 reviews)

• "Some have moved on to more prestigious roles within our parent company(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

Management is genuinely invested in providing you with the resources to do your absolute best. There is a lot of feedback and learning sessions. Great team overall and positive environment.

Cons

No cons as of yet

Achievers2018-08-24
  2. "The Oxymoron of a place that is supposed to value but hate their employees"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I am making a living. - 3% 401k. - The office is close to bart.

Cons

The place that is supposed to practice employee autonomy, trust, and treating employees like people instead machines, working at Achievers has been the polar opposite. We have been telling our customers, how we are leading by example, and how we are thought leaders, these are all lies. The root cause of this cancer is because we have a particular associate, she has been abusing her power due to her close... relationship with one of the upper management. A mere associate acts like she is the queen of the office, often, she talks about how this office belongs to her. For years, she has been allowed to do whatever she wants, turning this supposed workspace into a political war zone on a daily basis. Her insubordination against superiors warrants no punishment at all, because she has this upper management in her pocket. She is constantly overstepping her power into other departments, she just doesn’t know how to mind her own business. She is always talking about how she has the ability to get rid of co-workers and she does. Furthermore, we are always talking about how we can help others increase employee retention, but our employee retention has been awful. The turnover rate at our office has been extremely high, we have been losing a large amount of employees due to this toxic environment. This is evidently proven with all the photos of strange faces from the past on the company walls. Finally, I have nightmares about going to work I feel very stressed out all the time. The office has been micro-managed through the roof. I would not recommend Achievers. Thank you for reading.

Advice to Management

A positive culture should be practiced, not just something that is between the lips.

Achievers2019-09-14

"I experienced severe racism, discrimination and everything here is fake."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have a job, lunch was free.

Cons

I want to start by describing how fake this company is. Our new CEO came to visit our San Francisco office. Our office was usually more than half empty. Upper management faked the entire experience for him by giving the illusion the office was always full of employee. This example shows how dishonest this company is, even to the CEO. The CEO was not able to clearly assess the situation at the SF office. He was lied... to and tricked to believe a mere illusion that was staged. They’ve treated me with extreme racism, prejudice and discrimination. I was constantly being monitored by their associate. She was always eavesdropping on my phone calls and conversation. She did not allow me to take my legal breaks. She did not allow me to pick up any phone calls from colleagues. She was constantly micromanaging me, I was constantly being harassed. For example, when I was taking my legal 10-minute break, she bypassed my manager and went directly to upper management accusing me of sleeping on the job. Furthermore, when I asked her permission to leave work a little early. She smiled, looked me in the eyes with kindness and said, “That is completely fine with me.” The next day, I received a warning for leaving work early. A mere associate, not even on my team was allowed manage me. I want to know who gave her the power to do so? She did not respect my direct manager. She was always talking about how she was going to get rid of all “colored” workers. She was always talking about how she was going to sabotage my manager’s business plans, how the office belonged to her. I was standing around the storage room waiting for my paper to print, this company called in a specialist just to see if they’d lost something. This place is the epitome of white privilege. My co-workers were always not coming into work, drunk or hungover. I was not even allowed to miss a single day of work for my doctor’s appointment. My white co-worker randomly came up to me and told me her favorite actress is the same “race” as me. Please avoid working for this company at all. This place is not employee engagement, it’s racism and employee harassment.

Advice to Management

Eliminate racism.

Achievers2019-09-02
  4. "Scrappy "Late Stage" Start-Up"

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fun culture, free lunch (that you get to pick every day from different restaurants), fun events (sailing, Giant's games, etc.) -Lots of motivated, smart people who are passionate about the mission and the impact the product has on millions of people's lives around the world -Tons of growth opportunities (for people who perform) -Hands on/solid training process -Good perks and work life balance (unlimited PTO,... ability to work East Coast territory to beat traffic in the mornings/afternoon)

Cons

-New office location doesn't allow dogs unless they have "service dogs" papers -Not much notice when required to fly out to Toronto for trainings/events -Only one SDR gets to go to President's Club every year (even if you hit your number) -There's very little marketing support with events and lead generation -Cell phone reimbursement policy is only $300 and they won't pay for your bill unless you get an... Achievers number

Advice to Management

We have so many talented passionate people and just because we're growing and bringing in some big deals doesn't mean we're realizing our full potential. We get in our own way too much (not hiring fast enough, not allocating enough resources in marketing, etc.) and we can be doing a lot better.

Achievers2018-07-17

"False hopes and empty promises"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commack, NY

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fantastic people to work with. - Abundance of free food and drinks. - Company wide events that go above and beyond expectations.

Cons

- For a company that sells a product to help with employee retention they have an insanely high turnover rate, especially in Finance. - The processes that are in place are incredibly manual and not at all effective for the ever growing amount of work that is expected to be done. - Blackhawk has ruined the Achievers experience for several departments. - Very low salary compared to the industry standard.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your employees happy, pay them a fair wage and implement company wide processes that increases the efficiency and productivity of the employees. Bagels, beer and pizza can only do so much.

Achievers2018-07-11
  6. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros is definitely the culture. The entire team puts an immense about of proud and effort into bringing on individuals that vibe with the culture they are building. Everyone is happy to be there, and truly enjoys working with each other! You are seen as an equal and as long as you are will to work hard, they also play very hard! I have never seen a company that legit acts like a family! It is amazing! The... flexibility and work-life balance is also another huge factor/pro. Everyone hold you accountable to your own work but it is valued that you have a life outside of the organization and they encourage you to go on vacations, take time off, spend time with your friends and family! I love working at Achievers.

Cons

Sometimes as a new hire the onboarding process is not terribly organized between them and their parent company. There is a lot of overlapping and miscommunication. Also, not a lot of direction internally, however if you reach out to any of your new colleagues they are willing to help!

Advice to Management

Continue to support the culture that they have built and hire good people that care about their customers, colleagues, management, and peers.

Achievers2018-05-25
  7. "Amazing culture, great people and most passionate place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

- They've hired a great group of people here. Always passionate about what they're doing and it is contagious - Continuing to enhance solution portfolio to put us at the front of the industry as a thought leader - Phenomenal client retention rates (98%) which shows that we practice what we preach and deliver real quantifiable results for our partners - Flexibility to adapt to changing dynamic of employee... experience allowing us to stay ahead of the curve - Soundly believe in our philosophy and approach which is uniquely different from all other vendors in the space - We drink our own champagne (meaning we use our own platform internally) and the impact it creates is intensely powerful. Employees helping peers, motivating each other and genuinely happy for the success of everyone on the team. As they say, a rising tide raises all boats and that positivity can be felt in every corner of the company - Transparency exists all the way up to C-suite. They welcome ideas which allows us to be a leader in innovation. I feel comfortable reaching out to any employee directly, all the way up to the CEO, to share ideas and seek out advice - Our contributions matter and we live and breathe this every day - Competitive base pay for sales execs, manageable quotas and very generous variable comp possibilities if you're bringing new clients on

Cons

- has been some turnover in leadership that caused temporary, but unfounded, concerns with the workforce. Some have moved on to more prestigious roles within our parent company. The ultimate guiding force is our philosophy and we understand that all employees must believe in it to succeed. We aren't afraid to move on from folks who don't seem to meld with our vision and culture - as with any growing software... company (we have grown 30-40% annually for the last 5-7 years) there can be a learning curve as we roll out ideas and potential solutions but the drive and passion are there which leads to long term success - can be viewed as a higher cost option at times but every customer who made the leap has seen the value in return which explains our client retention figures and customer success stories (ROI in revenues, retention, customer satisfaction, safety, innovation, etc.)

Advice to Management

Stay true to who we are. Clients say our philosophy is contagious and that is the key reason they move forward with us. We can't lose that edge, that passion to change the way world works.

Achievers2018-05-24
  8. "Awesome Company Culture!!!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Our customers love us! The product is great. Innovation is a real focus. The people are amazing, smart, talented and super helpful. My boss is very supportive yet gives me my space. There is a TON of room to grow in this Org. Sales leadership is amazing! Also, our Chief Customer Officer is fantastic. She always puts the customer first and that sets the tone for the organization.

Cons

The customer has to pay first before sales reps get paid. This is not typical with SaaS and can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

I love how fun it is to work here. Keep it up!

Achievers2018-05-24

"So-so"

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great work-life balance - Average pay with plenty of events

Cons

- Tucked away in west end Toronto, may not be ideal for commuting - Turnover rate is unnerving for a company that work in the retention space

Achievers2017-09-28

"Sales Development Representative"

I worked at Achievers

Pros

Great manager, good people to work with

Cons

Constantly changing office locations every year. Management changes every year.

Achievers2017-09-06