Allscripts Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul Black

1,005 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • you have to be proactive about giving yourself a work-life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Senior Management needs to acknowledge the employees, also very Micro Management (in 28 reviews)

1. "Programmer"

Pros

Very good place to work! Healthcare software development! Good pay and caring management! Gives back to local community

Cons

People working down the ladder have no voice!

Advice to Management

Management can spur growth by talking directly to individuals instead of thru their manager! We need a team who can talk to every employee once in 6/12 months and ask them about what can be done for growth!Too many Program/Project managers! When there is a Dev manager/director, why too man non dev people in a software development company!

2. "Allscripts"

Current Employee - Client Services Associate Manager, Billing in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Client Services Associate Manager, Billing in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great location, innovative and global.

Cons

No CONS at this time.

Advice to Management

N/A

3. "Great work environment"

Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are awesome and great work culture

Cons

No negative points as far as I worked

4. "Sr. Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing, great staff, unique exciting model, good pay, potential growth

Cons

possible down sizing of the industry

5. "One of the surviving HCIT companies"

Current Employee - Solutions Management
    Current Employee - Solutions Management

I have been working at Allscripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work, smart people, positive long term prospects

Cons

built through acquisition so products are disjointed.

"smdh"

I worked at Allscripts full-time

Pros

great work/life balance, ability to work remotely

Cons

Rampant favoritism.
    No opportunity for advancement - AT ALL.
    Support teams get treated poorly by every other team AND by management
    The entire structure is dysfunctional - I've never encountered the level of outright animosity between teams at any other company. I don't know how they can continue to function...

Advice to Management

Either get behind a product, or sunset it - spending all of your efforts "trying" to stop clients from fleeing to your competitors is a recipe for disaster. Just ludicrous...

"Senior Manager"

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked with some really great people.

Cons

Executives are clueless and heartless when doing layoffs.

"Allscripts ex-employee"

Former Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great people, some very good managers (and some not so good)

Cons

lousy raise/promotion procedures, horrible low-walled cubes (cramped, noisy, visual distractions)

9. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Allscripts full-time

Pros

Good place to work with flexible work hrs

Cons

Can become a managerial nightmare

"Finally got laid off..."

Former Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Allscripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was okay. Never worked overtime (never had option to, either, which is a con). Work hours were stable. Most of my co-workers were amazing people and great at what they did. Some of them were hugely problematic and routinely made issues worse. Severance was decent (12 weeks), thank you for that, at least.

Cons

Quarterly layoffs. Zero recognition for work, nearly impossible to get promoted, pay raises will not exceed 2% even for doing "stellar work" this year, management is a joke, workload will either be overbearing or non-existent, documentation is created by the Support staff, so it's either wrong, very out-dated, or non-existent. Formal training basically doesn't exist and everything is learn-as-you-go. We get a new VP of Support every 2 years or so and they tend to change our Support and Management goals and SOPs, none of which make any sense and are typically detrimental (I blame ECHO for how horrible the last 4 years have been, Allscripts went way downhill after that disaster of an idea). India support either has phenomenal employees or complete morons, and nothing in between. Service Desk takes all of the "easy close" cases yet the metrics for L2 remained the same, ultimately increasing our expectations when there was significantly less work coming in, making us look bad relatively.

Advice to Management

In my experience, management has either been very micro-managing or extremely hands off, to the point where it is very possible to not have a conversation with your manager for months. There should be a balance and somewhere in the middle there is preferred for most employees. Don't make it so that they want to avoid you at all costs (micro-managing) and don't make it so that you're unapproachable because you never talk. Also, takes steps to officially recognize your employees and their hard work. Don't just say "X employee did a great job last month" on your monthly group phone call, but send an e-mail that includes someone from upper management so that maybe we can get some real recognition. We have no idea what middle management tells upper management, but it doesn't sound like it's much.
    Also, the Clients absolutely hate talking to India Support. They hate it. Every client I spoke to at some point or another discussed with me their great displeasure of having to work with India and their surprise that I was a North American employee. Our Clients are genuinely surprised when they speak to an American, let that sink in.
    For the last several years, the middle-management teams have been managing employees that span several support teams. Most of you came from one branch of support and that's what you know how to manage and measure. For the employees that come from a team that you did not originally come from, please take the time to actually learn what their job is, what is a normal expectation for casework and time for closure for their job, and apply that knowledge accordingly. NOT ALL TEAMS ARE THE SAME. Tech gets less cases but they are more involved than App and typically take days to resolve. FDR for Tech is low normally. Service Desk also takes most all of the "easy" cases and leaves nothing but the really involved work for L2. Keep that in consideration.

Showing 1,005 of 1,045 reviews