Aspect Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible work environment that supports a work/life balance (in 45 reviews)

• Great people, good variety in clients, opportunities to grow (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work/life balance, unequal treatment of employee in different geographical locations (in 19 reviews)

• Senior management is the biggest weaknesses at Aspect (in 25 reviews)

"Good company to grow with"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, good variety in clients, opportunities to grow.

Cons

Left on good terms, want to come back and work at Aspect and have not been able to get back in the door.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and seek out the folks who will serve you with integrity

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base pay is good, commission pay out structure is a little skeptical

Cons

bad leadership that starts with the current president. He sets a tone of disrespect for the AE role, and the rest of the organization follows. So much so, that it actually creates more work to get a deal done.

Advice to Management

If every single SC, overlay, director, product specialist, etc. touched the deal that was being worked, how much do you think it would extend the sales cycle? Ever heard of the phrase "too many chiefs, not enough Indians"?
    Creating an energetic culture wherein AE's are empowered to use creativity, optimize their skills, and pull in the resources that they deem necessary closing a deal would be life/revenue changing- but insecurities of current leadership will NEVER make that happen because he wants to save his butt one more time!

"Engineer"

I worked at Aspect Software full-time

Pros

decent company culture and generally good people to work with, with the occasional bad apples or grumpy lifer

Cons

see above. Upper management was pretty clueless and aloof to the inner working of the company. lousy 401k match

Advice to Management

learn what your teams actually do

"Bittersweet Experience"

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aspect really does feel like a family. There are some great, intelligent, hardworking people who really care about the company and their coworkers. Many of the people I worked with indirectly made the decision to leave very difficult.

There is generally good work-life balance and people really do seem to care about one another.

Even with some of the frustrations, Aspect has navigated a lot of challenges and struggles in their 30 year history. I think there's room for improvement, but I am hoping they are able to keep improving. Basically, if a friend came to me and told me that they accepted a job at Aspect, I wouldn't tell them to run for the hills screaming. I did overall enjoy my time there.

It is a challenging environment, and you do learn alot, but there is an * attached to that. See below.

Cons

There are some people at the company who are focused solely on their own gain, even at the expense of others. I felt that people who should be receiving training to help grow their careers were not given that because their own managers feared for their jobs and somebody else taking over. Aspect is extremely middle-management heavy... I recall even seeing "managers" in the system with no direct reports. Managers need to not only manage, but develop their employees and fight for them. That was sometimes lacking in certain departments.

I also feel that Aspect is losing sight of what they were best at. The service offerings were a little bloated and difficult to navigate, with homegrown products that have grown bulky from years and years of enhancements, to other products that were acquired from other bought-out companies. But, there were some definite strengths and standouts. Now, even more new products are being developed that also don't seem to have a clear trajectory. It is frustrating to try to sell something that just isn't panning out to be this miracle product that customers will be knocking down the door for. Hopefully they are able to overcome it.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people! Since I've left, I've heard of a number of people who have also left the company. Although it's normal for people to leave companies to pursue other things, I think people are leaving because a) they feel disenchanted with the company and b) they are not gaining the skills needed to continue a career at Aspect. Give people a reason to stay!

"Professional Services Consultant"

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time

Pros

Senior Management has been transparent with employees in the past, and looks to be in the future. Aspect has a liberal vacation policy. US Employees start with 15 days and earn up to 20 days of vacation per year with just 5 years with the company.

Cons

The last 18 months has seen a chapter-11 debt restructuring / buyout, a new CEO and new SR VP of professional services. As a private organization, financial statements aren't consistently published.

Advice to Management

Base professional services revenue goals based on available sales productivity and past track records.

"If it weren’t for management, Aspect would be a great place to work..."

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people who want to succeed.

Cons

Senior management is the biggest weaknesses at Aspect. They act as if the “A” in Aspect stands for Arrogance. Aspect will implode if they keep their upper management which is too bad because Aspect has a good set of products. At Aspect blame flows downhill.

Advice to Management

If I were CEO for a day I would fire my direct reports and start running the company as a startup leaving behind the arrogance and going back to the roots that made Aspect great, the customer is first!

"Nothing Great"

I worked at Aspect Software full-time

Pros

Nice colleagues at this company

Cons

Too much turnover of employees

"Aspect Software has the best people!"

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After nearly 3 years as Aspect, I haven't changed my opinion. I am fortunate to work for one of the great leaders of my 30+ year career. A perfect balance of heart and head and an inspiration to the teams that he leads. Aspect's CIO is a brilliant, kind, and inspirational human, no indications of an over inflated ego which sometimes goes with the C level territory. I am grateful and blessed to work with the good people of Aspect Software and hope to contribute many productive years of service.

Cons

It is easy for most people to find the "downside" or complain about the company that employs them...I choose to see everything positive and to remain grateful that each day I am able to come to a beautiful office where people are 99.99% amazing committed people.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and know that you are appreciated!

"Not an Account Executive job"

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time

Pros

I do not have any pros

Cons

Would not recommend working there to anyone

"A plan that did not work"

I worked at Aspect Software full-time

Pros

Some really good smart people in technology, PS and infrastructure. Headquarters is in Phoenix

Cons

Overall strategy of the organization does not seem to be well thought out. Chapter 11 filing damaged brand in the market for some customers
    Senior leadership (although some nice folks) need to move on. The group that led the company into bankruptcy should not be running the company after bankruptcy.

Advice to Management

Give your people a chance to be successful and make money. Take a longer investment view or sell the company. Make changes at the top of organization (more than just CEO)