KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CareSource President and CEO Erhardt Preitauer
Erhardt Preitauer

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Middle management structure and the wide variety of teams in IT makes for a little friction in terms of getting things done across functions.(in 36 reviews)
  • "You can ask 4 managers the same question and you will get a different answer.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Though upper management is aware of this couldn't take stringent actions.(in 12 reviews)
  • "A lot of trainings which isnt bad as CareSource is ahead of the market, but it can interfere with one's ability to maintain task load certain days.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Communication and collaboration among departments is lacking.(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CareSource and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Jul 1, 2022 - Clinical Review Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that wants to make a difference in members lives.

Cons

I have no cons to mention

CareSource

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

2. 5.0

Great

Jun 28, 2022 - RN Case Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Not really no cons honestly.

Thanks for your review!

3. 4.0

Always changing

Jun 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative approaches to member care. A leader in Medicaid.

Cons

Growing very fast, growing pains, silos

CareSource

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! As we continue to grow, we’ll also continue to adapt and change to best serve our members. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to help improve the health and well-being of our members and our communities.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pay inequality

Jun 28, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and very lenient after 90 days and should they choose to hire you on

Cons

Unless you are a permanent employee you are treated as a second class citizen

CareSource

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We’re so sorry to hear about your frustrations. We want all of our employees to feel safe and be treated fairly. We appreciate you leaving this review so we can improve.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Glassdoor won't leave me alone I just want to look at interview questions

Jun 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good pay decent people

Cons

Boring work not enough to do

6. 5.0

Change for the good

May 24, 2022 - Vice President Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Change more focused on outcomes and discipline.

Cons

Growth slower than expected but there has been some.

CareSource

Thanks for your review! We appreciate hearing your feedback.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company as a whole, bad leadership in the lower levels

May 13, 2022 - Operations Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits tons of PTO WAH option in almost every role, wonderful maternity leave, annual bonus, relatively cheap health insurance, etc

Cons

The people. So many people are hired because of who they know and not what they know. There is constant drama, personality conflicts, and people being used and abused if they are actually good at their job to make up for the people that don't know what they are doing.

3 people found this review helpful

CareSource

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re glad to hear you enjoy your PTO and benefits. We greatly value each and every employee and appreciate the opportunity to receive your feedback – we encourage you to also share this feedback with your HR business partner.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

May 16, 2022 - Customer Care Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming atmosphere given the proper tools to learn and thrive

Cons

Limited information can be provided which can lead to upset customers

1 person found this review helpful

CareSource

Thanks so much for your review! We’re glad to hear you feel prepared and supported. We encourage you to also share this feedback with your manager.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to work!

May 16, 2022 - Clinical Care Reviewer in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome teamwork! I have an amazing team lead! Not micromanaged. Remote, work from home. You can always discuss any issues with your leader. As long as you do your job you won’t have a problem!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints!

CareSource

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We’re very glad to hear you’re happy with your team and leaders.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not what it used to be

May 26, 2022 - Team Leader in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement opportunities, PTO, bonuses, and work from home

Cons

Since the current CEO came to the company, the focus is on making money. Employees are very overworked and unappreciated. Processes are broken but nobody has the time or energy to do anything about it.

1 person found this review helpful

CareSource

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We’re glad to hear you’re happy with your advancement opportunities and benefits. Our members continue to be our top priority as we continue to grow. We encourage you to also share this feedback with your manager and HR business partner.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 554 Reviews

CareSource Reviews FAQs

CareSource has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 598 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at CareSource to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CareSource employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CareSource. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

63% of CareSource employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CareSource 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CareSource to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with CareSource Job Seekers