Cartier Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2020

3.6
Cartier CEO Cyrille Vigneron
Cyrille Vigneron
Pros
  • "Lots of overtime and worked with some of the most amazing works of jewelry in the world(in 11 reviews)

• "Great place to network and establish strong luxury connections given the brand recognition(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company culture extremely French(in 13 reviews)

• "High pressure, long hours, bad management, no upward mobility, no retirement plan,(in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Craftsman to the Stars"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Diverse Coworkers that all had passion for doing an excellent job. Lots of overtime and worked with some of the most amazing works of jewelry in the world

Cons

None that I can think of

Cartier2019-10-28

December 10, 2019Cartier

Thank you for sharing your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time working at Cartier.

"Great"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor

I worked at Cartier full-time

Pros

Team oriented, great money, great company

Cons

micromanagement is the only complaint

Cartier2020-01-14

February 13, 2020Cartier

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we are so pleased that you enjoyed our team-oriented culture. At Cartier we value the unique talents of our people with a strong belief that we see the results of what we do because we are on the journey together.

3. "Read most of the negative reviews and employer replies, why do t they improve?"

1.0

I worked at Cartier full-time

Pros

Not much except the product discount Great life long friends and colleagues made despite a bad few in a clique clearly looking out to only protect each other but not their producers

Cons

-Slow to no career growth opportunities -promotions are few and far between -raises are minimal aligned with national averages -very little employee engagement unless you’re an Exco team member, your opinion is not heard and barely counts bc it Durant make it to the top -major disconnect from NY HQ top exec leadership teams & commercial mgmt. teams to employees -very low employee morale, (I personally heard so many unhappy employees complaints in all my years with the firm) -lack of relevant communication -No one really wants to report mgmt. injustices bc many past complaints reported were ignored/not acknowledged seriously enough and people feared retaliation leading to termination -maybe leadership is afraid to report to HR, maybe HR was blocked to act or maybe the internal culture is one in which employees fear speaking up? I’m not sure what was going on and maybe I’ll never have closure, but I personally decided to get out and not speak up like many of my colleagues because it was too stressful and toxic of an environment, I was afraid to burn bridges and ruin my career, sometimes starting over fresh elsewhere where your talent is appreciated is the easiest non-confrontational way out -former inappropriate senior leadership behaviors seemed to be blindly overlooked by top female CEO for years likely because she was always too overwhelmed with her job, while she appeared to have a pulse on every activity including well known office gossip, she also appeared extremely non-connected with the reality of mis-goings on in boutiques and general internal company NY HQ culture to have cared very much because it seems nothing was done, either way it’s unacceptable and a true injustice to many who suffered

Cartier2020-04-19

April 28, 2020Cartier

Thank you for leaving your review. For us, the passionate people that drive Cartier are at the heart of our organization. We are committed to their development and growth, and believe that their contributions should be valued and recognized. We aim to compensate their hard work fairly and competitively. It’s all part of celebrating the commitment and passion that they bring to our Maison. We are sorry to see that you felt that your experience did not meet your expectations during your time with us. We believe in a culture of feedback and take all concerns seriously. We encourage employees to share feedback regularly through conversations with their manager and HR business partners as well as through our Employee Engagement Barometer survey. In addition, all employees have access to a confidential hotline where they may report concerns. We wish you all the best with your new job.

"Not enought growth"

Former Employee - Vm Coordinator

I worked at Cartier full-time

Pros

Great people and very fun environment

Cons

Too much competition within the corporation

Cartier2020-01-08

February 13, 2020Cartier

Your feedback means a lot to us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the work environment and close connections with your colleagues. However, we are sorry to hear that you felt that your career progression did not meet your expectations during your time with us. At Cartier, we are committed to the development and growth of all our people, and we aim to create an environment where you can take ownership of your unique career path.

5. "Awful work environment. People are terrible & unwelcoming. Instead of a supportive work place, it was high school."

2.0
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandising Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than a year

Pros

401K match Good Health benefits Good PTO Offer Profit Sharing after 1 year.

Cons

The people were terrible. A profession/anti professional environment. There’s no team building, no development from management to grow their team. I was thrown in, with no support. People don’t want to see their colleagues succeed. It’s a struggle to make connections. I was let go because my department was merging & cuts were being made, but was told it was due to performance just to avoid giving me a severance package. I am also in my first trimester of pregnancy. This is not a good environment.

Cartier2019-10-16

October 30, 2019Cartier

Cartier strives to provide an inclusive and fair environment, and Richemont as a whole has a strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination of any kind. We would like to assure you that decisions like these are not easily taken – they are only made after carefully reviewing all factors. Our performance management process is an established and fair means of assessment and is designed to empower employees to develop themselves and their career paths in line with their individual goals. From digital training tools to in-person learning experiences, there are many development opportunities that we offer to support our employees throughout their career journey. We do appreciate you sharing your feedback, and would like to wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Boutique Administrator"

1.0
    Boutique Associate

I worked at Cartier

Pros

The pay is great, and you get part of the pool commission, hours are also great for retail.

Cons

Sales associates treat admins very poorly, and management was awful at my location. They never appreciated what the admins did for the store. It’s a very important role and we would never get recognized. If you aren’t in sales nobody cares about you. Managers would expect so much and do so little to help. Very poor culture in the boutique and HR never did anything to step in. Most people hated going to work and because of that the turn over rate was very high! I wouldn’t waste your time at Cartier look elsewhere

Cartier2019-10-21

December 10, 2019Cartier

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our benefits and pay. However, we are sorry to see that you felt that your experience of recognition did not meet your expectations. The boutique administrator position is an especially critical role within our Maison, ensuring the operational efficiency of our boutiques. For us, the passionate people that drive Cartier are at the heart of our organization, and we believe that everyone’s contributions should be valued, recognized, and celebrated.

"Great company culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Cartier full-time

Pros

Passionate individuals Culture of excellence Inspiring management team Good work environment

Cons

Lack of development opportunities

Cartier2019-06-12

October 8, 2019Cartier

We are glad that you appreciate the environment that we have built. We wanted to create a space where you feel you can work closely with your colleagues and create together. In terms of development opportunities, we are committed to the growth of all our people, and we empower our team members to take ownership of their career development in close collaboration with their manager and HR, during the annual review process and beyond. We encourage you to set up some time with your manager and/or HR to start the conversation. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

"Nice benefit"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Cartier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefit, good commission, international environment

Cons

Typical corporate environment, lots politics

Cartier2019-05-06

October 8, 2019Cartier

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the benefits we offer. We strive to make them competitive in the marketplace, and we develop them based on what is valued by our Cartier team members. We are also pleased to see that you enjoyed the international environment that we offer, it is something we truly value. Having over 7,500 employees means we have to have corporate frameworks and processes in place. But these are designed to support you, creating an environment where you can do the best work you can, while achieving your professional and personal ambitions.

"Good and bad"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Cartier full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great - supportive and genuine

Cons

Benefits. Long hours and limited scope for career advancement

Cartier2019-05-04

October 8, 2019Cartier

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you felt supported in your role. It is our aim to make sure that you feel you have the people to turn to, and the tools to help you develop your career. We are sorry to hear that our benefits did not meet your expectations. We are continuing to evolve our benefits offerings based on what is valued by our team members and we strive to make them competitive in the marketplace. We know that having a work/life balance - whether you work in our boutiques or in our corporate offices - is extremely important. It's something we have prioritized as a result of our company-wide survey. We strongly believe in creating opportunities for development and advancement for our employees, whether that’s training, or gathering new experiences through our internal mobility program. Last year, out of 900 open positions at manager and specialist level globally, 630 of those were filled by internal employees. Thanks again, your feedback means a lot to us.

"Seasonal sales"

I worked at Cartier part-time

Pros

Amazing team with a wonderful support network.

Cons

None to complain about. Great job

Cartier2019-05-02