Computer Futures Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Computer  Futures Solutions CEO Gary Elden
Gary Elden
Pros
Cons
  • "It is very long hours and the commisison structure isn't that great(in 5 reviews)

• "No flexibility in working hours(in 4 reviews)

1. "3 months in and Im loving it!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Computer Futures Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

great training from the start, continuous training every week. Great work culture, work -life balance, coworkers are young and awesome! They really care about your growth and promotions are there if numbers are there

Cons

More office perks, food, better coffee machine!

Computer Futures Solutions2019-04-26
  2. "One of the best training programs on the market"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Computer Futures Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A robust training program to get you hitting the ground running quickly - Great support system around you - Fun team and environment - Uncapped earning potential with a decent commission structure

Cons

- A lot of your early success is dependent on what market you are put on - Tough to make a decent amount of money in your first year (regardless of how good of a salesperson you are) - Not all employees get treated the same - Lack of transparency from upper management - Office drama is fairly common - High turnover rates

Advice to Management

I loved working here for the most part and I'm forever grateful for the opportunity that SThree gave me. But after being in a couple different recruitment environments, I've found that opportunity plays a large part of how successful you are, and not everyone is afforded the same opportunity in the current structure. If you get put on a relatively untested market, you're going to do worse than someone on a "hot market"....

Computer Futures Solutions2018-10-31
  3. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Computer Futures Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Actual opportunity here vs other recruitment shops. Strong markets and great culture

Cons

Company confuses "entrepreneurial with hard working" a bit behind in the times when it comes to lead gen and support. Your success will depend on the market you are in.

Advice to Management

Double down on whats working and stop doubling down on whats not.

Computer Futures Solutions2018-02-03
  4. "Great Energy & Supportive"

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Computer Futures Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun place to work and a management team that cares about it's employees. The company has a great infrastructure for growth and development.

Cons

Restricted by it's share holders, budgetary decisions on a global scale impact & limit it's performing offices success.

Advice to Management

Back the offices that are growing and downsize the offices that historically haven't been performing .

Computer Futures Solutions2017-07-18
  5. "Great People"

Current Employee - STM in Houston, TX

I have been working at Computer Futures Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great environment and training and a lot opportuniy

Cons

Could be more flexible with clients

Computer Futures Solutions2017-04-07

"This company changed my life"

I have been working at Computer Futures Solutions full-time

Pros

Meritocracy, strong executive & Director-level leadership & strategy, great training, awesome incentives, cool office, great systems & the company is not afraid to invest in tech or marketing/events/travel etc - something an experienced recruiter from a smaller company will love. High growth potential. Started here three years ago & my life has changed remarkably from the hard work I put in that resulted in money in...

Cons

weaker middle management due to high performing sales people being promoted to management positions almost automatically. Micromanagement on KPIs & shifting strategy at mid-level, not a ton of autonomy for most people.

Advice to Management

Not every great sales person makes a great manager, and some mediocre sales people may make fantastic managers. Don't be afraid to hire a few outside people with ~5+ years experience.

Computer Futures Solutions2016-06-10

"Good"

I worked at Computer Futures Solutions

Pros

Great company culture and environment, can move through the ranks quickly and management wants you to succeed

Cons

Tough Business to be in

Computer Futures Solutions2016-01-20
  8. "Love it here!"

Current Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Start-up culture, great opportunity to make money, and move into management. Tons of clients to work with, training is excellent. The office has great views of the city too.

Cons

Recruitment is more complicated than people would think. You aren't going to learn it all as quick as you might like

Advice to Management

Keep up the good training, and get more snacks for the kitchen

Computer Futures Solutions2015-09-25

"Awesome team, fun environment, unmatched career trajectory"

Current Employee -  in New York, NY

I have been working at Computer Futures Solutions full-time

Pros

Computer Futures shares the office with the other brands (Huxley, Real) of our parent company so there's about 60 people in the office in total. It's a young, fun, intelligent team. I've been at firms where people dreaded coming to work, hated their boss, etc...I never hear it here. It's a great environment. There's a ton of energy. A lot of people are friends outside of the office, go out together on the weekends, etc....

Cons

This isn't a con, but people looking to sit back and coast wouldn't do well here. The goals of the business and the people here are aggressive, so there's no room for half-assing it, which I love. People work hard here. They're rewarded for the hard work for sure, but if you're the type that leaves at 5 on the dot, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep it up:)

Computer Futures Solutions2014-04-06
  10. "A True Meritocracy"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

If you enjoy an environment where you are directly rewarded for your hard work this is the place for you. You will be rewarded with things like commission, vacation incentives, lunch clubs, sports tickets, etc. There is a structured growth plan as well that you can smash through as quickly as you hit the targets. This company does not promote based on longevity, it promotes based on hitting the targets set for you. ...

Cons

If you are looking for a company where you can just slide by, this is not the place for you. It is a work hard, play hard environment. There is a good balance between the 2 because of the constant banter going on in the office but we are always working hard.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We love the energy and enthusiasm.

Computer Futures Solutions2014-04-11