ConnectWise Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ConnectWise President and CEO Arnie Bellini
Arnie Bellini

Pros
  • Free lunch for everyone with decent benefits (in 31 reviews)

• In almost 5 years of working here, i still enjoy coming to work (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains show because of the lack of change management (in 13 reviews)

• Work/life balance is taking a negative turn for some departments (in 4 reviews)

1. "Best company that I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart, talented, passionate people. Strong leadership. Great benefits and perks. Work life balance. Collaborative environment. Fun place to come to work every day.

Cons

I don't really have any. The location is great, but my personal commute isn't great. That's not really a statement on the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, continue to invest in, and listen to, the people within the company.

2. "Awesome Company to Work For!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really invest in their employees- both financially and in personal growth. The benefits seem endless.

Cons

Sometimes you have to deal with extremely rude partners, but it's not really a big deal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Everyone has been super helpful and supportive.

3. "Great company, good job, decent compensation"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great Company Perks
    -Great Community
    -Career Advancement

Cons

It could be argued that compensation is not quite competitive enough.
    You may have to put up a good fight to get the compensation you desire.

5. "Growing company with great culture"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cloud focused company with big growth. Lunch included daily. Great culture and good people.

Cons

None at this time.

"Not Perfect, But Almost There"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is written heavily from a development POV.

- Never a shortage of knowledgeable, helpful seniors. There are multiple methods of intra-departmental communication, which helps newer employees become familiar with their duties and improve early on.
    - I have seen legitimate moves toward shrinking the learning curve for the company.
    - I have also seen improvements in the development stack. Formerly inefficient programming practices and frameworks are being updated and improved.
    - Plenty of opportunities for improvement. Development has generally been an expanding department, and many new hires see movement multiple times within their first year.
    - The work load is reasonable, but due to natural variation in difficulty, completing 100% of assigned work each week may need more than 40 hours. This is more of a way to show initiative than a requirement.
    - Management is amiable. Initially I had complaints of micromanagement, and now it's less pronounced.
    - The top of the development ladder is amazing. I've never had a bad experience with the team leads, directors or CTO. They represent and aid the department well.
    - We heavily use the product we're developing. That innately helps developers sympathize with users and allows them to be familiar with the product.
    - The CEO has a wonderful personality and is very visible. He updates the company frequently and recognizes standout workers, who span many departments.
    - The company has started to have mini "think-tanks" and employee-led lectures exploring new technologies and how they can be used in the application.
    - And of course, ConnectWise's bragging rights. Fully stocked kitchen (lots of junk food, and occasionally healther "dried fruit & nuts" types of things. Plus plenty of fridge food), bonuses, 401(k) with a nice company match, etc. All explained from before employment and I've had no issues.

Cons

I feel there's a lot more pros than cons, but the cons are still very notable.

- Though the development practices and tools improve, I frequently see these changes happen in a rush when the current method is failing, rather than just due to the need to be innovative.
    - Inter-departmental communication still needs work. There's a disconnect between development and (for example) Support and Internal Development that leads to a lot of unnecessary frustration.
    - Many internal improvements (employee-drafted list of suggestions to improve development & the company, etc.) stop at the planning phase. The suggestions for management aren't being applied.
    - Daily management, reviews, etc. are pretty lackluster. We're reviewed once a year, and outside of that, we (and our managers) just see numbers that don't factor in potential differences in difficulty / time required.
    - While there are a lot of potential mobility, it starts to feel more lateral and less like a promotion as the work duties can remain very similar. It becomes more of a change of location.
    - Starting pay is admittedly not great. And pay doesn't increase immediately upon being promoted.
    - Micromanagement is still a thing, especially in the lower tier of development. New developers can begin to feel like numbers.
    - New developers are also put in direct competition, since they're numbers are public to the team and (only) the highest performers receive additional benefits.
    - I do think that some employees can essentially get blackballed. It seems that independent of work quality, there are a few employees that sit in the same position (even the intro positions) for a very long time and are forced to leave (with their extensive knowledge of the software) after trying to stick with the company and move up for years.

Advice to Management

- If we want to push innovation, we need to show it in what we do for the employees, not just what we show to our users. Employees frequently express concerns with some of our practices (technologies being used, etc.) but changes won't come until things are so bad that developers are unable to work.

- I think that a part of "Your voice, your company" and "Check your ego at the door" both mean that everyone will need a fair shot at moving up. If someone wasn't ready in the past, that doesn't mean they can't be ready in the future. This is especially true if ConnectWise is dedicated to helping its employees grow.

- Check the Pros list and keep up / improve those as well. :)

"Great Tampa Business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

* lots of opportunity to grow via promotion, training, and transfer to other departments due to continual growth of the company
    * benefits that can't be beat such as lunch stipend, unlimited snacks & coffee, paid maternity leave, vacation & sick time, standard medical/dental/vision coverage
    * team environment is very collaborative
    * modern systems and equipment
    * leadership that cares about its colleagues while driving for innovation
    * company culture & communication are big pluses

Cons

* slow to root out and remove toxic/under-performing managers and colleagues
    * some departments allowed to work outside of the company guidelines - such as working hours, compliance to using systems, following approval processes, dress code which damages morale and feeds inter-dept conflict
    * cubicles are bad, especially the newer ones that are smaller and tighter than the original cubes - hard to concentrate, constant interruptions from co-workers and ambient noise can get overwhelming

Advice to Management

see Cons list above.

Feb 13, 2017 – Director of Community

Thank you for the specific feedback. Leadership is very focused on accountability and driving performance through data and business intelligence. Hopefully this will lead to you seeing steps in a ... More

"great environment and people"

Current Employee - Partner Support Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

-Very relaxed environment for most part
    -If you are doing job correctly, there is no micro management at all, in fact most of management dreads having to do this.
    -most understand it's more of a stepping stone job as most leave after seeing same problems, but seeing as we are masters of the product, we are coveted in other areas
    -great colleagues, by far best environment
    -cool work functions
    -stipend for lunch
    -big company that has a good outlook, we are expanding for sure
    -casual dress
    -pretty hard not to get bonus

Cons

-pay could be better in all honesty
    -sometimes feel under appreciated, other departments may not know what problems they cause for us
    -partners can be stressful, but that's any job
    -guaranteed off shift if you are there long enough
    -long time to get promoted, most get impatient and go elsewhere to education or sales

Advice to Management

Keep us in the loop! Sometimes we don't understand why things are the way they pan out to be.

Feb 13, 2017 – Director of Community

This is great feedback to keep all the colleagues in the loop. Arnie has made it a point to share the company's 2017 strategy and disseminate this information all around. Leadership is also tasked ... More

9. "Great Culture. Great company to work for!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ConnectWise is an awesome company to work for. Endless possibilities for growth and advancement. Great, positive environment where everyone is supported and everyone wants you to succeed. The culture here is unlike any place that I've worked. All the free food and parties don't hurt either.

Cons

None that I've seen so far.

Feb 13, 2017 – Director of Community

Thank you! I'm glad to hear you've found a positive work "home." :)

"Partner Support Consultant"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free food and snacks
    lunch stipend
    if you have friends in the right places you will be there forever no matter your lack of knowledge, skills, or abilities
    performance is based on how much you get done not if it was done effectively
    you can have crappy customer service just as long as your numbers look good

Cons

Unfortunately, there are much more negative things to say than positive. Free food and snacks don't make up for the lack of drive. Development is horrible and belittle you if you may have escalated an issue that should have not been escalated. Even though it may take hours to pinpoint and you are only given a half hour. Considering that the training given has nothing to do with the vast amount of problems that may occur and that managers have no IT background as well as many of the co- workers... it's like the blind leading the blind. The knowledge base is too basic. The former tickets usually do not have a resolution. If you ask for help, you get frustration or partial answers as the overload of work on each person overrides helping one another effectively and the fact that nobody knows what their talking about. The only way you will get somewhere is if you have a friend who already works in development that you can directly contact. Development thinks they're Gods gift to Connectwise and God forbid you question them! Besides the fact that there are so many bugs in the system and performance issues development needs to clean up their own mess to begin with! Connectwise is a horrible SaaS and hopefully businesses will soon realize this and move to a platform that actually works.

Advice to Management

Managers should have an IT background not a Connectwise background... get out of your fish bowl

"Strictly for underperforming, unruly and lazy job seekers"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free unhealthy food
    Noisy and fun work environment
    No work pressure at all
    Tons of gossip

Cons

Job descriptions do not match the job role at all
    Lateral switch is a joke as you never get a raise more than the 3% annually
    Team strength is a myth as everyone is talking about everyone else
    The performance review is something that should be given to a college student
    Transparency is a word commonly used and never understood
    Lazy legacy is the in thing

Advice to Management

If you really want to be called a "Great Company" start with following the company core values yourself and hiring the right candidate for the job instead of cheapest.

Feb 16, 2017 – Director of Community

Core values are never something that should be taken lightly. A company's core values should really reflect how the colleagues interact with one another and with their customers. One of my favorite ... More