ConnectWise Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
ConnectWise President and CEO Arnie Bellini
Arnie Bellini

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free lunch at select lunch cafes" (in 48 reviews)

• "We definitely work hard play hard and I wouldn't have it any other way" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "As has been mentioned in other reviews, when you are growing so fast, sometimes there is growing pains from that" (in 17 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is taking a negative turn for some departments" (in 6 reviews)

1. "You'll wish you got here sooner!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Exceptional new colleague orientation and training.
    -Great perks! Free lunches, flexible PTO, paid company outings and trips, fully-stocked kitchen, and more.
    -Friendly colleagues who work hard, but also know how to have fun.
    -Managers and Executives who value their colleagues and treat them with respect.
    -Transparency from the top as far as company strategy.
    -Strong values and mission that is practiced day-to-day.

Cons

-None that come to mind!

"Management Support/Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, brought on the people who work here and not the people who manage.

Cons

Management will not promote you if you do not have the right heart for the position. Seems to hire outside candidates vs promoting from within.

Pay is very low for the industry standard in the Puget Sound area. Hard to maintain a position when you are qualified for far better companies that pay a deserving wage and promote and help staff develop a career at that company. Not so much here.

Advice to Management

Loyalty to a company has to go both ways

"I love coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve been with ConnectWise for over four years and am on my third team. A lot of the people who were here in the beginning, in the original office, are still around and thriving. The company is big on promoting from within and allowing colleagues to explore their career path at CW. I found this to be very valuable as I started while I was in my early twenties. Many of the employees are younger but even the seasoned vets are young at heart. I love working for a global company in the channel that still feels like a start up. Sales gets all the benefits.

Cons

As is the case in the channel and technology as a whole, leadership is full of old white men. We need to do a better job of cultivating and hiring women and people of color. Say what you want about Arnie, but he doesn’t affect anyone’s day to day unless you’re in upper management. Pay could be better but a matching 401k and free breakfast and lunch offset that. The culture in the Tampa office is fragmented. Now that we’re in 4 buildings, some teams feel less energized.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop for new sales and not just existing partners. If we are going to preach these technology squares, the product teams need to follow through so we can sell to ALL of the squares.

"Finance"

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Free lunches. Good culture.

Cons

No support from management. Department ran like a sorority house. If you are liked by the “in crowd” you will not have any issues. If not.....

Advice to Management

Need to revamp management in finance department.

"Like working in a middle school playground."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual, perhaps TOO CASUAL, work environment. Free food.

Cons

Where do I start? The single most unprofessional place I have ever worked. It's like a bunch of kids fighting at recess. The lack of respect and professionalism is unparalled. Pay is mediocre. ( I left and got a 30k raise at my next job ).

Advice to Management

Hire managers based on skill, not on favoritism or length of service.

6. "CSR"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

good company lots of benifits and great workplace

Cons

none at all just the hiring process could be cleaned up

7. "Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

They listen to the little people

Fun atmosphere with a lot of rewards

Cons

Below Industry standard pay

Lack of growth

Advice to Management

Raise everyone's wages

"If you know better- You will do better"

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Dedicated sales employees who are willing to work hard even when presented with an unrealistic sales framework, free lunch, clean work environment.

Cons

Once great, now mediocre at best. Limited communication, true collaboration, and sales vision from Executive leadership to those who grind it out each day. Unwillingness to admit when they got it wrong. Limited ability to be responsive to needs of their employees in relation to sales attainment, improvement processes and career growth. Perception is not managed -Top-down mentality. Those that have industry experience know better and eventually move on to do better,

Advice to Management

Learn how to become transparent to those you lead. Take the time to address the hard questions with your staff, admit when you were wrong, and have a plan in place to adjust the sails quickly when needed. Find other industry leaders who have been successful leading other sales organizations ( that have not just been homegrown in Connectwise) to help equip you with the knowledge to rebuild a sustainable, fair and strategic sales plan that creates momentum and rewards those who continue to work hard on your behalf.

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast, free lunch, snacks and energy drinks. Two gyms. Fair pay. Amazing culture. Cool management that does not micromanage. The CEO truly cares about his employees.

Cons

The corporate campus is spread out over 4 buildings. Sometimes walking to meetings can be a pain. Product management has a hard time hitting there delivery windows with new products.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring the best and brightest and let them do their job. Continue building a great product and adding to the ecosystem.

"very full of themselves"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

culture, the people are fun, and for the most part genuinely good people in the lower ranked roles

Cons

Management is terrible, most managers were only moved up to those positions based on how long they'd been with the company, not because of demonstrated leadership. Very much a "if you drink the koolaid" environment. TERRIBLE PAY, good god, I know it's Florida but what they pay for what they expect is an absolute joke. Just because you offer free lunch at 3 terrible food joints doesn't make up for not being able to afford living in the Tampa area.

Advice to Management

the #1 reason good talent will stay is if they are paid well. So many people have been leaving lately due to poor management, people not being heard, and most of all terrible pay.

ConnectWise Response

Apr 6, 2018 – Culture Manager

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your experiences working at ConnectWise. It’s helpful to hear from colleagues who were with the company more than three years. That means you saw, heard, and... More