ConnectWise Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
ConnectWise President and CEO Arnie Bellini
Arnie Bellini

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free lunch at select lunch cafes" (in 47 reviews)

• "We definitely work hard play hard and I wouldn't have it any other way" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "As has been mentioned in other reviews, when you are growing so fast, sometimes there is growing pains from that" (in 17 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is taking a negative turn for some departments" (in 6 reviews)

1. "CSR"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

good company lots of benifits and great workplace

Cons

none at all just the hiring process could be cleaned up

"Like working in a middle school playground."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual, perhaps TOO CASUAL, work environment. Free food.

Cons

Where do I start? The single most unprofessional place I have ever worked. It's like a bunch of kids fighting at recess. The lack of respect and professionalism is unparalled. Pay is mediocre. ( I left and got a 30k raise at my next job ).

Advice to Management

Hire managers based on skill, not on favoritism or length of service.

3. "Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

They listen to the little people

Fun atmosphere with a lot of rewards

Cons

Below Industry standard pay

Lack of growth

Advice to Management

Raise everyone's wages

"If you know better- You will do better"

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Dedicated sales employees who are willing to work hard even when presented with an unrealistic sales framework, free lunch, clean work environment.

Cons

Once great, now mediocre at best. Limited communication, true collaboration, and sales vision from Executive leadership to those who grind it out each day. Unwillingness to admit when they got it wrong. Limited ability to be responsive to needs of their employees in relation to sales attainment, improvement processes and career growth. Perception is not managed -Top-down mentality. Those that have industry experience know better and eventually move on to do better,

Advice to Management

Learn how to become transparent to those you lead. Take the time to address the hard questions with your staff, admit when you were wrong, and have a plan in place to adjust the sails quickly when needed. Find other industry leaders who have been successful leading other sales organizations ( that have not just been homegrown in Connectwise) to help equip you with the knowledge to rebuild a sustainable, fair and strategic sales plan that creates momentum and rewards those who continue to work hard on your behalf.

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast, free lunch, snacks and energy drinks. Two gyms. Fair pay. Amazing culture. Cool management that does not micromanage. The CEO truly cares about his employees.

Cons

The corporate campus is spread out over 4 buildings. Sometimes walking to meetings can be a pain. Product management has a hard time hitting there delivery windows with new products.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring the best and brightest and let them do their job. Continue building a great product and adding to the ecosystem.

6. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working for ConnectWise. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a part of this rocket ship ride and I pray that it never ends. I enjoy the partners that we work with and my colleagues are as talented as any I have ever come across.

Cons

As has been mentioned in other reviews, when you are growing so fast, sometimes there is growing pains from that. With that being said, I tend to look at the positives and not dwell on the negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating your partners and your employees and I believe things will continue in the positive direction.

ConnectWise Response

Apr 6, 2018 – Culture Manager

We’re happy to have you riding this ship with us as we explore new frontiers and boldly go where no person has gone before. It sounds like you’ve read “The Happiness Advantage” or at least know one... More

"very full of themselves"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

culture, the people are fun, and for the most part genuinely good people in the lower ranked roles

Cons

Management is terrible, most managers were only moved up to those positions based on how long they'd been with the company, not because of demonstrated leadership. Very much a "if you drink the koolaid" environment. TERRIBLE PAY, good god, I know it's Florida but what they pay for what they expect is an absolute joke. Just because you offer free lunch at 3 terrible food joints doesn't make up for not being able to afford living in the Tampa area.

Advice to Management

the #1 reason good talent will stay is if they are paid well. So many people have been leaving lately due to poor management, people not being heard, and most of all terrible pay.

ConnectWise Response

Apr 6, 2018 – Culture Manager

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your experiences working at ConnectWise. It’s helpful to hear from colleagues who were with the company more than three years. That means you saw, heard, and... More

"Decent Company with a fun culture"

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture with lots of perks that make daily work life more enjoyable. Free lunch and snacks are at the top of that list. Lots of happy hours and employee parties. The CEO genuinely seems to care about his employees.

Cons

Career advancement is almost non existent for the non technical roles. The company has shuffled the organizational chart multiple times. It seems to happen once every year or so. With all the shuffling, positions get created with titles that rarely exist at other companies and with duties that rarely translate well to jobs outside of the organization. Your advancement largely depends on the person in charge of creating the new org chart at that given time and whether they like you or not. Those who realize this early leave, those who dont feel stuck knowing they can't command as much for a job that doesn't exist elsewhere. Its particularly why certain departments like marketing have such a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

When shuffling the org chart, keep the job duties in mind and try to keep them standardized to what the rest of the business world is doing.

9. "Awesome company"

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Lot of perks on the job

Cons

Some departments stretched a little to thin

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction

"Manager, Support Services"

Current Employee - Manager, Support Services in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager, Support Services in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, flexible, great work life balance

Cons

Underpaid, limited career path and lacking equipment