ConnectWise Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2020

3.4
ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee
Jason Magee
Pros
  • "Free lunch, mini gym downstairs, good co-workers for most part(in 54 reviews)

• "Friendly work environment - great culture(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains from a process/operational perspective(in 17 reviews)

• "There are no cons in that company(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great place to be."

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are really a great company that provides a lot of opportunity to grow and they care about where they are in the software space.

Cons

Not many to list. I think their customer service/support is under staffed but that seems to be a common theme among software companies

"Good People to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good, fun people to work with. People have a life outside of work and everyone enjoy the work life balance

Cons

Hierarchical Corporate culture Decisions are made higher up and trickles down for execution

3. COVID-19

"Shifting Tides"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a lot of opportunity for growth in my career at Connectwise, and I also saw that in other colleagues that applied themselves as well. Management seemed open, and your voice had an impact on the company in the earlier years of my employment.

Cons

It seems the voice of the customer is lost at Connectwise. I decided to leave after they made their first round of cuts in 2019, and I've heard they made a second round, although you could argue it's due to Covid-19. Tone of the company has changed drastically since the CEO switch and Continuum merger. No longer seems to be a focus on the partners, and is more about the bottom line.

4. COVID-19

"Not too bad"

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Overall I've enjoyed working at Continuum/Connectwise. The atmosphere and people are very fun.

Cons

401(k) matching and merit raises have been cut due to Covid-19, effectively cutting pay by almost 10%.

"Disjointed Sales Org"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

None to mention at this time

Cons

Success in a sales force requires having strong talent up and down the organization. The best sales talent is leaving this organization, which should be a major red flag to any top sales pro looking at CW. The CRO, Clint Maddox, is extremely disconnected and unapproachable. His sales organization is lacking vision and leadership. He has a poor understanding of the business which has led to numerous errors. The unsuccessful execution of the sales organization has also led customers to consider other options as well as employees.

6. "No. Just, no."

1.0
    Current Employee - Team Lead - QA in Portland, OR

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have a job that kind of pays my bills.

Cons

Ever since Continuum took on my company there have been nothing but issues. Issues with being paid or being paid correctly, issues with PTO applications, issues with systems etc... its like they were not prepared at all. Total garbage.

"Great co-workers, hidden leadership"

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

I work with some of the best, hard-working individuals who are always ready to lend a helping hand or game plan best practices with you. Everyone on the floor wants to succeed and provide insight into how they are able to achieve their goals.

Cons

Each business unit is nearly 100% silo'd. The way the sales team learns about sudden new operational changes is by getting a sale flagged and having to go back on what they sold on to try and salvage a deal with worse terms.

8. "Great company"

4.0

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Great colleagues and people around you to work with

Cons

Wish the pay better

9. "Alright, but stop gap pay"

4.0
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back atmosphere and good down time

Cons

unless you are sales, pay is below market

"Not What It Used to Be"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great place to kick your career off out of college, laid back atmosphere - Low accountability. If you want a place you can just breeze by, this is it. - awesome colleagues - free snacks, lots of alcohol, other good perks

Cons

- they just got rid of the daily lunch stipend and currently are not matching 401k - low salaries - leadership is stagnant, no changes/innovation - company cares less about its people since Thoma Bravo acquisition, money is the most important thing now

ConnectWise Response

April 23, 2020

I couldn't agree more about 1:1s. They are more critical now than ever. Our CEO actually addressed the company about this in this week's all-company address. We're also launching two separate trainings this week on manager communication and colleague development. Having to pause 401k match and eliminate the lunch stipend was a really tough decision. It was made to ensure the financial well-being of the company (but doesn't make the loss that much easier to swallow- I get it). Once we get through this economic downturn (and we will!), our company will bounce back and we can look at offering great benefits to our people.

Found 298 reviews