ConnectWise Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
ConnectWise President and CEO Arnie Bellini
Arnie Bellini

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch for everyone with decent benefits (in 35 reviews)

• company culture & communication are big pluses (in 15 reviews)

"Amazing sales culture"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great energy on sales floor
    Great Sales Leadership
    Ability to make money if you are willing to work for it
    Free lunch stipend
    Free snacks and drinks
    A causal environment where success is rewarded

Cons

To much process being introduced
    Harder to do the same things that used to be easier
    Company as a whole not as aligned as sales

Advice to Management

I have worked for a lot of companies during my sales career and this is by far the best sales culture I have ever been part of. Our fearless CRO Adam is a beacon of light. He leads by example and we follow.
    You are able to use the tools that we have been provided to make your quota. It is a exciting sales floor where everyone is willing to help you succeed.
    I am concerned with the rest of the company as it does not seem to have the same positive atmosphere as sales. The company has been in a constant state of change for a extended period of time. It is making it much harder to do our job. It also appears to be hurting our partners as we are reading in social media of late.
    I gave the CEO a neutral rating as he isn't always easy to trust. He seems to try too hard to say the right thing rather than being himself. He does tell great stories.
    Overall, the sales culture is amazing. My only concern is that they will mess up a good thing. If they don't, we have built a amazing sales machine that can beat anyone!

Jun 2, 2017 – Senior Executive Assistant & Team Lead

We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working on our Sales team. As a company, we strive to provide our colleagues with an optimal experience so they can innovate and love what they do. While... More

"Company that means well but can't get out of it's own way"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's, admittedly, some pretty awesome perks that you don't often see at companies of this size. The company pays for your lunch (up to something like $8) every day. Stock grants are given to every employee on an annual basis. Because the company is growing quite fast, there is pretty good opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Speaking as someone in a satellite office, we often get the short end of the stick. The other US-based offices are in Seattle and Raleigh, but the pay bands aren't properly adjusted for cost of living. Thus pay is very much under par, with little hope for improvement.

The company culture often seems to be, "let's do whatever whim popped into Arnie's head when he woke up this morning." The company pivots and changes direction often enough that you're never quite sure if the previous direction was actually bad or if the new direction is even any good.

The company sometimes does stuff that's just flat out patronizing too. For example, prior to the rebranding (i.e. LabTech to ConnectWise Automate, ConnectWise to ConnectWise Manage, etc.), a survey was sent out for employee feedback. Well, unbeknownst to most people at the company, the final decision had been made weeks ahead of that and the survey results were planned to be "massaged" to look like everyone at the company wanted to go through with it (newsflash, it's universally hated among all the product teams).

Company culture isn't always professional. Some groups gets pretty close the brogrammers that are parodied on Silicon Valley. There's a heavy emphasis that company events needs to be centered around drinking.

Advice to Management

Make the necessary changes to attract great talent in Seattle and Raleigh by adjusting satellite office pay bands.

Sep 15, 2017 – Culture Manager

Thank you so much for giving us detailed feedback on your time at ConnectWise. We strive to provide a great experience for every colleague and are happy to hear you enjoy our free lunch and stock... More

3. "Good place to gain experience for career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Match 401K up to 4%
    Free lunch daily
    Free (unhealthy) snacks
    Free coffee
    Easygoing, laid back work environment
    Casual dress daily
    Yearly trips for top performers
    Friendly colleagues
    Decent PTO
    Paid holidays

Cons

Low starting salaries with minimal raises
    No remote work options
    Healthcare benefits aren't great
    Limited training for specific roles
    Lateral moves available but very limited options for promotions
    Outdated laptops that break a lot
    Experiencing a lot of growing pains

"Parter Support Consultant"

Current Employee - Partner Support Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Partner Support Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free snacks / fully stocked kitchen
    - Stipend for lunch
    - Beer / wine given out on Friday afternoon

Cons

ConnectWise will lure you in with facade of a silicon valley start-up, that is based in Tampa Bay, you'll see a modern looking office with a bumper pool table, and hear whispers of Friday beer bashes; but that's where the enjoyment ends... 99% of the support team has zero experience in the IT field, including the senior managers, who have only earned their title, because that have not transferred out of the support department. Weekly department meetings with your senior managers, feel like a frat house meeting, that's being lead by the weird old guy that never left.

The training given when you first start, has absolutely little to nothing to do with how insanely complex most issues actually are, all the while; no one really knows how to solve any of the problems within the application. Your workload consists of "tickets" that should be completed in 30mins or less, yet in reality take hours to truly solve. You're encouraged to ask for help, but everyone is so overwhelmed with their own workload that by the 2nd question, you will receive either a distracted or an annoyed responses. If you get behind on your work your expected to stay as late as it takes for you to finish, but for some reason they won't allow you to work from home. If this is your only job offer, maybe consider it until you can find something else; but I would not recommend this job to anyone I know.

Advice to Management

Just because someone has been in the support department for a long period of time should not justify them to become senior managers in the department. Hire managers with an IT background that actually want to develop and grow their team.

Sep 15, 2017 – Culture Manager

Thank you for your detailed feedback on your concerns working for ConnectWise. We strive every day to provide the best opportunities for our colleagues from our free snacks and meals to our fun... More

"Immature company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

Free lunch, mostly fast food. Free tea, coffee, candy, snacks. Good vision and strategy, with very loyal customers / partners.

Cons

Tight budgets, so not fully funding the vision and strategy. In the throes of integrating merger cultures, which creates a lot of anxiety. Immature business processes.

Advice to Management

Invest in growth and fully fund initiatives. It is not enough to be aspirational. Put your money where your mouth is

6. "Instructor"

Former Employee - IT Instructor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT Instructor in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun culture good works, good times

Cons

Young managers, not as organized

Advice to Management

Not all are managers

7. "Sales"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company and culture. I've worked 4 or 5 places in my career and never found a place as unique and fun as Connectwise. It's demanding yet incredibly rewarding. Management truly cares and is focused on trying to do the right things for both colleagues and partners (customers). We are growing and maturing, which can be challenging, but the executives, senior managers and all colleagues are rallying together to ensure we keep the fantastic culture while we continue our epic growth. The sales team is an absolute machine. They are
     driven, passionate and continue to destroy the competition while smashing sales records. So, compensation is solid with many promotion opportunities for those who stand out. Great overall place to work.

Cons

Rapidly growing so they have high expectations. If you're looking to just skate by and get a paycheck look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on partner (customer) success and colleague satisfaction. When those two are in harmony everyone wins.

8. "Best company to work for!"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rapid growth with many opportunities for advancement in your career
    Fun culture. There is always some kind of mini team party that sprouts up.
    Casual, comfortable attire
    Great compensation, benefits and extras such as free per dime for lunch every day.
    Management team that has open door policy and really listens to their team
    There is an intense care and concern for our customers success in everything that goes in behind the scenes

Cons

There aren't too many cons that get me down, but I guess a few more added days of vacation time would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep staying focused on the customers and keep engaging with your teams, but overall I'm very excited to work here and appreciative for this opportunity.

9. "An great company to work for"

I worked at ConnectWise full-time

Pros

- Great atmosphere
    - Great people

Cons

- Low Pay for Roles

"Best company that I've ever worked for"

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart, talented, passionate people. Strong leadership. Great benefits and perks. Work life balance. Collaborative environment. Fun place to come to work every day.

Cons

I don't really have any. The location is great, but my personal commute isn't great. That's not really a statement on the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, continue to invest in, and listen to, the people within the company.