FIS Reviews | Glassdoor

FIS CEO Gary Norcross
Gary Norcross

1,528 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Overall, the company can hinder work/life balance (in 47 reviews)

• I have seen many employees quit due to senior management issues (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"FIS is a great company to be a part of!"

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

Excellent starting vacation, holiday and sick time off. Flexibility with scheduling time off within departments. Better than average health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and stock options. Additional benefits available. Coworkers and work environment are both great. FIS cares about the community and its employees - this is seen through several company sponsored programs and events. FIS encourages growth within the company and works to retain talented employees.

Cons

Computer issues occur frequently and can take several days/ weeks to resolve depending on the issue. For a technology company this is somewhat surprising.

FIS Response

Jan 12, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our employees as we continually look for ways to enhance the FIS experience for all of our people. We are pleased to hear that you are ... More

2. "About FIS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at FIS (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great company, working on contemporary and legacy technologies in the banking domain.

Cons

Its a large company, therefore working there might overwhelm few people.

3. "Programmer Analyst II"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Work Life Balance
    Great Benefits

Cons

I've only been here 2 months, so I don't have any Cons yet.

FIS Response

Apr 17, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the FIS family! We appreciate the time you’ve taken to write a review and are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the many benefits our organization has ... More

5. "Client services manager"

Current Employee - CSM in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - CSM in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The flexibility to work from home a couple days a week. Plus we have moved to an all casual jeans workplace.

Cons

There are always products that don't work or poor integration which makes the job difficult. FIS needs to slow down on the acquisitions and properly invest in their current products.

Advice to Management

Work life balance

6. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Account in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-large company with room for growth

Cons

-large company made up of multiple aquisitions, internal communication can be difficult at times

7. "AWESOME EMPLOYER"

Current Employee - Associate Sales Executive in Woodbury, MN
    Current Employee - Associate Sales Executive in Woodbury, MN

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, pay, schedule, work/life balance and managers. I have been there for about two years as a sales executive. I started as a contractor for 11 months, then moved to a FTE. There is NOTHING bad about this company. I love my managers, team mates and other coworkers outside of my team. I have been in the workforce for many years, and this place tops anywhere I have been. Managers understand you have a personal life, and work with you. This is my first time selling to financial institutions, and LOVE it! I would not recommend anywhere as much as I would here. I do not see much turnover, and understand why. The grass is beautifully green here!

Cons

IT issues. For a technology company, you could do much beter.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It works!

8. "Product Analyst"

Current Employee - Product Analyst in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Salary range for positions
    Work Life Balance

Cons

Health and Dental benefits could be more reasonable with a company of this size
    Maternity benefits aren't as good as smaller companies

9. "good place to start"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Asia, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Asia, TX

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of things to learn
    Nice colleagues
    Have manager support

Cons

You need to find balance between work and life yourselves
    Not much out door activity

10. "Contract analyst"

Current Employee - Contract Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Contract Analyst in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work that always gives you something new to learn

Cons

Limited advancement with multiple departments being moved overseas

"Customer Service Specialist (Team Lead)"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Little Rock, AR

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Great affordable benefits including health care, 401k, vision , dental , legal, etc.
    2. You get 3 weeks paid vacation per year.
    3. Friendly employees in other areas that we make contact with.
    4. All the overtime you want .
    5. Team who works hard and very responsible.
    6. Employee appreciation day 2x per year.
    7. Lunch kiosk and cafeteria that serves various meals such as burgers, sandwiches, deserts, grilled food, soups, salad, snacks etc so you always have a lot of options when choosing lunch each day without the hassle of driving into town to grab lunch.
    8. You get hour lunch breaks and two 15 minute breaks throughout the day plus two days off during the week/weekend.
    9. Casual and laid back atmosphere where you can wear jeans daily.
    10. Free access to continuous education coursework ( you will be to busy to work on these during work, but when you are at home and on weekends you will be able to access the material) .
    11. Pay for performance bonus each month as long as you meet the standards to receive it, the amount varies based on how many people also get the bonus, mine averages out to be anywhere from 60.00 to 350.00 each month that gets included in my last paycheck of the month.

Cons

1. Lack of on going training/coaching for agents performance improvements.
    2. Lack of appreciation from upper management
    3. Lack of focus on employees and team building.
    4. Lack of structure and routine
    5. Products thrown on call center team last minute leaving call center agents un prepared to answer customer questions and not having sufficient procedures created on our team sites. (it's embarrassing when you start getting calls for a product and you have little to no information on it , so you are left guessing or providing wrong information to callers)
    6. Agents are treated more as someone to answer the call fast to make Service levels vs answering a call and providing quality/accurate information. It's all about answering the calls to make Service levels, which creates lack of quality calls because you are rushed to get off a call to answer the next with no training. Some days you have back to back calls all day and the call center isn't properly staffed or trained to take those calls . I have seen agents still in training get asked to get on the floor to take calls , unacceptable.
    7. Bringing more clients in to bring more money into FIS is more important than focusing, building and retaining good employees. Everyone is disposable in the call center, meaning any agent, escalation agent, team leader and supervisor is replaceable in the eyes of management. I have seen a dozen good employees find other jobs because they did not feel valued or were not fairly treated. Management should focus on employee retention vs having to rehire new staff because of careless attitudes.
    8. Job does not pay enough for work load performed.
    9. Management in call center does not give fair chance at promoting people. Promotions are delegated to employees vs going through a fair interview process to see who would be a good fit for the team/floor.
    10. To many escalated calls and call reviews due to poorly trained agents. Call center should have very few complaints by customers and clients.

Advice to Management

Please value your employees and treat them fairly and they will stay. Focus on employees as much as you do bringing on more clients. There should be a balance in clients and staff, you owe it to the clients to provide them with quality agents who are professional and properly trained. Agents need structure, to feel valued, training, coached and interacted with to produce great results. Adjust your priorities to even them out and really try to focusing on employees.

Showing 1,528 of 1,600 reviews