FIS Reviews

1. Featured Review

"Project Manager II"

Current Employee - Project Manager II in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager II in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined FIS in 2012 and left in early 2015 only to return just four months later. FIS is a great company to work for and I truly enjoy supporting the Business eBanking division as a Project Manager. The role is challenging with high expectations, but all of the managers support their teams in meeting the company's goals and objectives as well as personal career goals. I originally left to pursue another career opportunity which was different than being a PM only to realize the grass isn't greener on the other side. I was fortunate to see a posting and applied for it in hopes I could get rehired and I did. The job you do should be challenging, fun and something you can thrive in. I believe that FIS and working as a PM in BeB fulfills my goals. My manager is honest, caring, supportive and is always available. I can also say that about the other members of the management team. If I need something from another team, there's always someone willing to help. While we are always constantly busy and striving to meet clients needs... the team still can make time to have fun, engage with peers and receive recognition for anniversaries, milestones and promotions. We also have several team building events each year to break up the monotony of work and have some fun! I'm grateful that I was able to rejoin and even more grateful to have a job I enjoy and team I work really well with.

Cons

None at this time. I left and came back that should tell you that there are no cons! Grass isn't greener on the other side.

Advice to Management

The only advice is we do need to work on having a more formal onboarding for new employees to learn the business. Perhaps a buddy system to do side by sides or more formal online training. Just a suggestion. Overall very pleased with FIS and my role. I have the support I need and tools to be successful! The ball really is in my court to keep the momentum and continue to be successful.

2. "Card production associate"

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

Its the best place to work if you're looking for a job to spend time with your family since you only put in 36 hours in 3 days then off for 4 days..

Cons

The pay isn't that great if you're trying to support a family but if you're single then I would definitely recommend it for college students or retired folks.

Advice to Management

Take the time to appreciate the hardworkers that do put forth the effort and perhaps rewarding those who do that with either some sort of incentive that will keep those efforts going..

3. "Don't Believe All The Negative Attitudes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay. Competitive benefits. The BeB team in Ann Arbor continues to grow and produces an award winning product. It's good to be on a team leading the industry. Job security. There seems to be lots of opportunity to grow. They hire in their contractors - like me.

Cons

The pace of work and amount of change is very challenging. Negative attitude in some coworkers. Office is pretty drab and depressing looking.

Advice to Management

Slow down the amount of change. Buy new furniture. Spend some money to make it a nicer place to be.

5. "Nice place"

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

Nice amount of vacation time

Cons

Allow employees to abuse call offs

Advice to Management

Maybe shouldn't let employees call of constantly and then let them off the hook so easily. People abuse the buyback system

6. "Mgmt"

Current Employee - CSF Support Manager in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - CSF Support Manager in Sussex, WI

I have been working at FIS (More than 8 years)

Pros

great people to work with. New challenges daily that make you strategize how to over come those obstacles to drive client success .

Cons

offshoring many positions across the company

7. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is a lot of work to do, so boredom is never a problem. The work is interesting, they recently gave everyone an extra week of vacation.

Cons

They continue to cut positions, not considering where the work will go so many people are doing the work now of 2-3 people. There is zero work life balance.

Advice to Management

Remember that people have lives outside of work and running at 100 MPH is not sustainable for employees long term.

8. "Good for a fresh out of college dev job, not recommended otherwise."

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst II in Little Rock, AR

I worked at FIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Decent benefits. "Comfy" corporate culture. Depending on what kind of developer you are, you'll find your niche somewhere in the company. The company is very charitable, both in helping its own employees in need and helping the local communities it operates in.

Cons

Promotions can literally take years. Seniority is often based on experience, not actual skill. As a developer, have little to no expectation to receive the best tools to do your job. Pay is completely uncompetitive (though this is probably based on location and group). During my entire time at FIS I simply felt like a cog in a gigantic machine, with countless layers of bureaucracy to wade through if I wanted to get anything innovative accomplished. As a developer, when you aren't fighting your work environment, the biggest challenge will be the status quo. I had real working low-cost solutions to complex problems completely shut down simply because a Programmer Analyst Specialist had no interest in even evaluating a solution that he himself didn't come up with. For roughly 75% of my time at the company, my manager had no idea what I was actually working on. This was through no fault of my own -- I was leased to another team. However, that same manager had direct control of my salary, and as a result it took me over three years to receive a single promotion.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward talent in your company more quickly, otherwise it will continue to leave you.

9. "Good opportunities for career advances"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and lots of different types of benefits

Cons

Culture differs in different parts of the company.

"Good workplace"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits/discounts Incentives Decent pay Resources Work ethics

Cons

Mandatory overtime will drive you nuts High call volume Non flexible shifts Hard to move up without favoritism

Advice to Management

Management was great but favoritism is discouraging to other Reps on the floor

11. "Just an OK company"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation Time and Work/Life Balance

Cons

Salary lower than average, Lack of communication, Upper Management has their favorites, Company cries poor.

RSS Feed </> Embed