FIS Reviews

FIS CEO Gary Norcross
Gary Norcross
1,280 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Good work life balance and Culture(in 108 reviews)

• "No cons until and unless you do against the company's policy(in 66 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"FIS is a leader in technology and services in the financial word."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at FIS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

FIS employs more than 55,000 people across 50+ countries, dedicated to helping our clients be ahead of what’s next. FIS offers more than 450 solutions and processes over $75b of transactions around the planet. FIS is a Fortune 500® company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.

Cons

From my perspective, there are no cons as FIS has a relentless focus on our clients and their needs.

FIS2019-11-22
  2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Relationship Management Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

Diverse, great values, good benefits

Cons

None that I can say

FIS2020-06-01
  3. "Solid company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Capital Markets Managed Service Operations Analyst in Durham, NC

I have been working at FIS full-time

Pros

Good culture, good people, and easy to work remotely.

Cons

Work extremely long hours at times and pay per hour is below average.

FIS2020-06-02
  4. "Fast-paced job, team culture dependent on immediate manager"

Current Employee - Implementation-conversion analyst II in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at FIS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to work on high-profile projects, overall supportive team culture, easy to develop knowledge and become a SME

Cons

Mismanagement by direct managers not always seen by upper management, which can lead to high turnover and attrition and a toxic work environment Pay dependent on team - some managers will always low ball

FIS2020-05-31

"Great Culture, Poor Benefits, Terrible Management ... now"

Former Employee - TSC2 in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at FIS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is very open and conducive to those that are more of the social outcast or ASD prone

Cons

Management changed in the Pronet dept, and with the change came a reorg. The reorg wasn't planned well, and now the clients and frontline staff are severely unhappy.

FIS2020-05-26

FIS Response

June 2, 2020Manager Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you have taken to write your review and are happy to hear that you appreciate the FIS Culture. As you mentioned, FIS has continued to grow and develop through a mix of organic growth and acquisitions. In seeking to enhance our rich company culture, we’ve considered the integration implications for both existing and new employees. We welcome suggestions and input during these times of change through a variety of feedback channels including an integration survey we conducted and our annual engagement survey to ensure we are meeting the needs of our new and existing colleagues as well as clients and are focusing on the right places.

6. "Good place to work!"

Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at FIS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This Good place to work!

Cons

Poor work/life balance. Long hours.

FIS2020-05-28
  7. "Awesome Experience w/Denver Innovation Group"

Former Employee - Innovation Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at FIS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interviewed with the innovation group based in Denver. The entire process was tough but super exciting. All the way from the first interviews with the recruiters to final rounds with the team. It's clear they are doing something special there. You'd be lucky to be a part of the effort. The team is wicked smart and hungry to make a huge impact. I've no doubt they are incredible colleagues to have. In the end, there was another role that was just a better fit for me but it was a difficult decision. I wanted to leave this review as a token of appreciation for how wonderful the team is and to encourage others to engage.

Cons

None during my interview process.

FIS2020-05-28

FIS Response

June 3, 2020Manager Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing

We’re glad to hear you think FIS is a great place to work and you had an amazing interview experience with us! We appreciate hearing from our candidates and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our competitive and innovative interview process. We’re always looking for ways to enhance the candidate experience – so please keep the feedback coming and we wish you all the best for your career.

8. "Great company to work for short team (1-5 years)"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FIS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people & great culture

Cons

If you're a hard worker, they will over work you with no compensation

FIS2020-05-27

"Culture: All talk."

2.0

I have been working at FIS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees really support and value each other. Lots of communications and efforts to share information. Clients are key and they invest in technology to meet their clients needs now and for future.

Cons

Culture : They say they want to treat employees fairly and that they want to value all, but reality is that is all talk. CEO says he wants this to be the last place you ever work, but there is little support or follow through to make that happen. Layoffs and lack of transparency on opportunities. And if your short tenure, there is little respect for your external experience, here tenure counts - very old school banking environment. The leadership team says they want change and to hear your opinion but reality is they don’t want to hear it, per their own survey employees don’t feel they can speak freely. And if you do, often hear “ well this is how we do it.” Not open to ideas or other ways or suggestions. Retaliation: If you do voice a counter thought or challenge a way of working, you are label difficult to work with, or not collaborative and seen as a person who doesn’t fit in - truly don’t value independence and diversity of thought. And the leadership doesn’t change their opinion of people. Comply or die CHRO says she treats all as equals and with respect but she is the first one to break the rules and make exceptions. She put values in place but she only follows them when it works for her, or those she likes ( favorites) , for example she is one of the few departments who failed to give some of her own employees merit even though they were entitled and eligible under the guidelines -because she wanted to save money! FIS reduced employees bonuses for this coming year and announced it publicly before they told their own employees. FIS is lay-offing team members without taking the time to evaluate current talent, and Even continuing hiring external talent while letting others go just because they were not in the “right location”. Location should not matter, they should try to keep their current employees. If FIS were really fair and equitable they would post ALL roles and be transparent about (all) opportunities, instead they don’t openly post many Sr roles, so not all internals can express interest, and FIS can promote their favorites, which feeds into their development and leadership opportunities promoting more of the same. Their culture is old school and very political. True lack of diversity in their Sr level roles ( old white boys banking club), with a few token women and minorities, just look at first 3 level of their org chart. Their technology is great and they truly value customers and clients but sometimes at the expense of employees. Be cautious if you want to work for a truly ethical and fair company that values independence of thought and rewards for it.

FIS2020-06-03
  10. "iyt"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at FIS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work life balance at that place

Cons

Nothing to specify as a cons

FIS2020-05-16