FIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FIS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2018

2.7

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FIS in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and a couple weeks later, got a call to set up an appointment for an interview. After the main interview with the manager, I had short 1:1 discussions with the rest of the team. It is more about whether or not you are compatible with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Besides the generic stuff, a couple of questions revolved around "what would you do in this situation...etc."   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FIS.

Interview

I met someone at a campus information session and hit it off with her and sent in a resume and cover letter. Got an interview for a few weeks later. They were young and didn’t seem to have much authority or experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FIS.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to install a tool used at FIS. This was to test UNIX concepts. After that, was asked to schedule a telephonic interview. The interview went at a very fast rate, shooting questions about recursion and other data structures related to C++.

Interview Questions

• Given an algorithm to traverse a binary tree using recursion, convert it into iterative approach.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FIS in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. HR contacted me saying they were interested in my profile, and was asked to do a task in Linux upon which I would be scheduled an interview. The interview was pretty decent. Questions were on Trees. The interviewer was rushing into things and wasn't really helpful. I had to code on a piece of paper and had to read out the code which was very unprofessional like.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FIS (Merrimack, NH) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screening interview with a recruiter followed several days later by a sequence of four, 30 minute interviews by technical staff. Technical manager asked basic questions about prior experiences, difficulties, reasons for seeking position. Each of the other engineers asked specific questions related to programming knowledge related to the job posting, detail Language questions, specifics of Operating Systems and Development environments.

Interview Questions

• Detailed knowledge on MEAN development and sample solutions to interface code between JS and MongoDB.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FIS (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was simple. Got an call after 3 week (applied online). Attended two phone interviews. For first interview asked question related to my work and few question from SQL and next interview was based on my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO Negotiaition

Software Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FIS.

Interview

standard tech interview.
    basic graph theory and fizz buzz questions
    Had to drive down to SF office and multiple interviewers did not know that they had a candidate that day.

HR had very long turn-around time overall.

Client Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FIS.

Interview

I had a phone interview, which led to face to face interview with hiring manager. The process was great, she asked a lot of behavioral questions. Three weeks later, still waiting on the feedback, have not heard from the recruiter. Tried to contact the recruiter multiple of times, I guess I am being ignored. Would've love a email stating I didn't get the job, if the position have already been filled. This is very unprofessional.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FIS (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2010.

Interview

I was an internal hire who responded to a job posting in the department. I submitted my resume and had a phone interview. The hiring manager was already familiar with me, my work, and my references so he didn't feel that a second interview was necessary.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any unexpected questions and although some of them were probing, I didn't find any of them difficult. This may have just been my personal experience because the hiring manager and I were already familiar with each other and knew what to expect from one another.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We discussed salary, hours, and opportunities for growth. the conversation was straightforward on both sides. I asked for what I felt was reasonable, and since it fit into the hiring managers expectations, he accepted. My experience with hiring managers in this company is typically that openness is the best policy.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FIS (Orlando, FL).

Interview

applied online and got a call within a week. phone screen with HR and scheduled another phone interview with hiring manager a few days later. phone interviewed and then scheduled onsite interview. interview took about an hour. got a call next day with offer.

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult or unexpected. just know yourself to sell yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is room for negotiation. you never know until you try.