FactSet Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2020

3.7
FactSet President and CEO Phil Snow (no image)
Phil Snow
Pros
Cons
  • "Career growth might plateau after a point ( which is common for all moderate-big companies )(in 40 reviews)

• "Work life balance is to be looked at(in 38 reviews)

"Good company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Excellent work-life balance - Interesting and challenging work - Good opportunity for advancement. If no growth is available in the office/department you're in, you can still advance if you choose to go after internal job postings in different locations, network within the company, and/or pursue certifications. I have seen many people move from simple research analyst positions to management, sales, and other positions within the company. Some stay at their current location, others move to NYC or Norwalk. - Excellent medical benefits, even after the recent healthcare benefits cut. When reading the other reviews, keep in mind that the company still offers it's employees access to FREE health insurance (one free option and one paid option). The free option is technically a high-deductible plan, however it has the lowest deductible I have ever seen for a HDHP, with the deductible rivaling traditional healthcare plans. - Free lunch program - Access to employee stock purchase program - 401K match - Enjoyable community outreach programs and volunteer opportunities with co-workers

Cons

- Low starting salary. Low raises, even with promotions. I find that the benefits offset this, so it is not an issue for me.

FactSet2019-12-06
  2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Poor pay, little room for advancement in first few months

FactSet2020-06-01
  3. "Good place to start a career"

Former Employee - Software Engineer-III in Norwalk, CT

I worked at FactSet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good work life balance - Good learning opportunities - Free meals

Cons

- Benefits are not great - Lot of legacy code

FactSet2020-05-14
  4. "For those who are desperate or want a start"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at FactSet full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance (team dependent) Tries to diversify its employees

Cons

Pay is low Glass ceiling is high

FactSet2020-05-05
  5. "Good starting job"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/Life Balance - this is important for your long term health

Cons

Only average pay. Good place to start out.

FactSet2020-04-22
  6. "FactSet Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at FactSet full-time

Pros

Good community; lots of company engagement

Cons

Pay doesn't increase fast but even still there are opportunities to move up in company.

FactSet2020-04-15
  7. "Low Pay for employees, highly compensated executives"

2.0
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at FactSet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many of the pros of working at Factset are covered by other organizations in the spave very well. Factset is no longer keeping up with market.

Cons

Low pay attracts less skilled and motivated workers Slow to react Pay is under market value Lack of professional training

FactSet2020-04-24

"Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is a big thing in my opinion. The group of people you're going to be working with is anywhere from 22-30 range usually. I think management has done a great job at hiring the people that fit well in the group dynamic and allow for growth as a team. WORK LIFE BALANCE IS AMAZING. My day is always 8:30-5:30 no if's and or buts. Some perks are great, the time off (especially in CA) is awesome right out of the gate and allows for needed days off. Management is extremely accomodating and willing to work with you in any situation. This seems even more true now with the COVID-19 problems, management has been communicative and had a full plan set in place for such an event. They have been doing everything to keep us communicating, including virtual happy hours, fun email chains, etc. and I think one of the unspoken things that have been really good is their continued health care reassurance as well as continuously telling us as a whole that we have the ability to do free teleconferencing with therapists. Even before this though, when someone is sick, when someone just needs a day to themselves, everything is sorted no questions asked. Overall, while I will list some cons, I think the Pros (many that I haven't listed) outweigh the negatives.

Cons

So these will more or less be my own thoughts and might not be the same for other consultants in other offices. 1) While C-Suite has listened to us and given us a cost of living raise this past year, we're still considered low-income by more than 10k in NY, SF and LA-based on HUD guidelines.. I understand margins here, but if you don't want people to leave, you can't only give semi-annual raises that barely beat inflation. 2) The system for promotions is awful. It's actually the main reason I am leaving. Every person who comes in knows the cycle, 6 months CSDP, 1.5 years of consulting, then off to sales or specialist role, then another 2 years. You're losing a lot of great talent because you're sticking to these arbitrary timelines that make people question why they'd stay somewhere with limited upside (albeit, guaranteed). It just feels like you should be rewarding people on merit, rather than on time alone. 3) Healthcare and other perks: Healthcare, not great, 401K not great but not bad (4% match right out of the gate with vesting as time goes on), the lunch is most cities pays for like 1/2 to 2/3 but the options are so stale... It'd be more prudent to just give us per diem of the set amount and allow us to use it as we please (whether that be to buy groceries to eat healthier, etc.

FactSet2020-03-26

"Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet full-time

Pros

-EXCELLENT WORK-LIFE BALANCE. Seriously. It's incredibly chill. -Decent pay. Not the best in the market, but I'd say at least middle of the pack.

Cons

-Not a lot of company resources. I worked for a competitor that had significantly more cash spent on everything - from events to snacks to office supplies. -Known in the industry, but not really known outside of that. -Lack of comapny culture - there isn't really a sense of pride here. -0 diversity. The company has a problem retaining diverse employees. Everyone here is pretty much white and male.

FactSet2020-04-01
  10. "Little room for growth"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in New York, NY

I have been working at FactSet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company culture; Flexible work from home schedule, daily lunch stipend, and little to no deadline pressure on lower level Software Engineers

Cons

Compensation is mediocre at best, and career progression is rather slow. Management of large scale projects often is lacking, and deadlines are almost always pushed back again and again.

FactSet2020-04-02