FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2018

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I got an email from one of the HR people regarding my previous rejected application and that they have found a much suited role for me. After emailing back and forth, I was set up for a phone interview which was pretty basic.

Client Solutions Development Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

1st round phone screen with an HR rep. 2nd round consisted of an online test, followed by an in-person interview. I thought the interview went extremely well, however, I was not offered a position at the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly behavioral. In-person interview required a PResentation, an Excel practical exam, and a worksheet walking an employee through compound growth rates.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Campus Recruiting:

On-Campus interview, followed by an invitation for an onsite Superday

There were behavioral questions asked by different members of the firm, with differing responsibilities. It gave the interviewee a good feel for the firm's culture.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Great interview process. First round is a webcam interview with a recruiter. The interview is very conversational and much more about fit than previous financial experience. Being able to talk about basic excel functions and showing that you are interested in following the markets is definitely a plus.

The second round is a super day in whatever office you are interviewing for. You start with a demo of the Factset system and then have three different interviews that are all laid back. You also give a ten minute presentation over a topic of your choosing and end the day by going out to lunch with some employees.

It is a very young company filled with people looking to do great work but also have a lot of fun, so show your personality and you will be fine!

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted via email to schedule a call screening. After, she scheduled a phone interview with a software engineer. The interview was over the phone and 30 mins long. It consisted of questions about my projects, some technical questions, and a coding section. The coding section was not allowed to be pseudo-code.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a linked list and a vector?   Answer Question
    • If you were to implement a queue, would you use a linked list or array? explain why.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a hash table, and what is the worst case scenario?   Answer Question
    • Write a method that takes in an array of integers and reverses the order   Answer Question

Client Solutions Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was a low-key conversational phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Mostly the recruiter tried to get a feel for my experience and qualifications and so-on, with a few basic excel questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in April 2018.

Interview

Invited to candidate dinner at college campus. Met at career fair. On-campus interview the next day. Scheduled on-site interview a few weeks later. Flown to headquarters in CT. Began with demo of FactSet software. Four 30 minute interviews in a row, with tests in each and a "how-to" presentation on something of our choosing that we prepared. Followed by group project with fellow interviewees that was observed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think one challenge will be for you this summer in this internship?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer
    • What was one time you faced an ethical issue?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you in three words?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter during the career fair at my university and was contacted personally a couple of days later asking to apply online and initiate a phone interview. That was conducted promptly but I did not hear back for over a month. I was later contacted regarding the possibility to interview on-site at their Chicago, IL office. Travel arrangements were done promptly. The interview day consisted of a company introduction, a code debugging round, a design round, an algorithmic problem solving round, a lunch interview round (at a nice place close to the office), one round with a director which was a mix of behavioral and technical conversations, and finally a telephonic round with the HR. I got the decision within 4 days of that day.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I started by attending the career fair at my university, and then was invited two weeks later for an on-campus interview. After the on-campus interview I was invited for a final round interview in the New York office.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2018.

Interview

Pretty pissed off here. Recruiter emailed me (after I met with on campus recruiters and passing their tests), telling me she wants to set me up for a technical interview, so I prepare furiously for that. Then she calls at the arranged time, instead of an engineer, and asks strictly non-technical interview questions. Not fair at all.