FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2018
1,013 Interview Reviews

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The day started by going out to lunch with two young FactSet Consultants. Following lunch, we returned to the office. We were given a demo of the software and we were then interviewed by four of the FactSet managers. Each manager had their own set of questions. During one of the interviews we were asked to complete a brain teaser quiz.

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was one super day starting off with a demo and group brain teaser, followed by a series technical and behavioral interviews. Then an excel test and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the current news in the financial markets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

I had the initial phone Interview, they asked basic questions reviewing my Resume and personal fit. Although I was very qualified for the position and knew a lot about the company, I received an email that they were moving on with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly standard. First I had a phone interview. Then I was supposed to have a video interview, but I was asked to go to their office for an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Group of 5 potential candidates. Took us to lunch, gave us a basic IQ test, interview with 3-5 people around the office whole process takes about 5 hours. Gave a brief excel test as well. This was definitely one of the more difficult interview processes I have had but seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is the customer always right?
      Q: If the day before the day before yesterday is 3 days after Saturday what day is it today?
      Q: Briefly describe the current US economy.
      Q: Brief excel test was given.
      Q: A lot of behavioral questions i.e. Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process took little over 2 weeks. I was first contacted and given an interview over skype. After that I was flown out to San Francisco where there was a super day.

Interview Questions

• If you had a friend that was hurt in the back of a car, would you speed through a red light to take him to the hospital.   Answer Question

Associate Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Consisted of 2 initial phone interviews then an in person meeting with the hiring manager and another team member. The interviews itself were fine - your average questions - personality and work history overview - nothing tricky or too hard. The process though was dragged out for 2 months and in the end HR never responded back. Communication was not there - they asked me to send over application documents - I faxed it over asked for confirmation it was received - never heard back. Waited a week to get an email saying that the fax didn't show up and to send it again - scanned it this time - asked for confirmation it was received and never heard back. Truly unprofessional and left a bad impression with me.

Interview Questions

• nothing too out of the ordinary - mostly personality questions and work history   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

Interview

I got an interview via referral. The interview took place in Norwalk, CT. I had five door-to-door interviews. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral and walk through the resume. One interviewer was more interested in finance related questions. And, it was basic finance questions, nothing too difficult. Overall, I really enjoyed the interview process as all of them were pretty relaxed and fun to talk to.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The hiring process starts with a phone interview. The interviewer asked some basic Data Structure/Algorithm questions. I was not asked to write code though.Then the recruiter contacted me to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview has 3 technical rounds, in every technical round there will be two engineers, 1 HR round and 1 Director round. The first technical round consists of Code Review. I was asked to find problems in a linked list implementation written in C++ although i am not a C++ guy but the problems were logical in nature and could be easily figured out even if you dont know C++. The second round was design round. Asked me to design an inverted index based search engine. In the third round they asked me to design an arithmetic expression evaluator, which basically means that you need to know about converting an infix expression to post fix expression and then evaluating the posfix expression. Then the HR took an overall feedback from me regarding the interview process. The last round was Director round in which my overall past experiences were discussed.

Interview Questions

• How will you evaluate an arithmetic expression. (Infix->Postfix->Postfix evaluation)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated and got a better deal. I would say that if you have a resonably good feedback from the HR then you should try to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I turned in resume through career fair and they contacted me around 2 weeks later for on campus interview. The interview started with technical questions. The one question was converting complete tree to double linked list.

Interview Questions

• Questions were expectable. It was matter of how much you practice coding on a paper.   Answer Question