FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2018

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

first round is phone interview, the second round is onsite interview. The phone interview is asking a easy question about writing a function of fizzbuzz. However, the interviewer did not ask any question about my resume.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Online interview with current software developer. Received email a month in advance and sent emails back and forth deciding on a date. Small programming section at the very end of interview where was asked to reverse a string in any language. ~ 30 mins

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I had one in person interview with FactSet at a recruitment event on campus. The interview was a good experience overall, and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What factors would keep you coming back to work every day?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet in January 2018.

Interview

30 minute phone call. He asked me questions about what I know about the company and what technologies would I be comfortable working in. He asked me to describe one project of my liking.

Interview Questions

• Given a paragraph of words, what data structure will you use to find a word. Followed up with how will you find a phrase in this paragraph   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Introduction and technical questions about resume and complete an algorithm problem. The interviewer is a frontend engineer and asked questions mostly about that part. Did not finish the algorithm problem because time left for coding part was somewhat limited.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed on campus with a recruiter then was invited to the office for a super day. Before I came in, i completed an online assessment. Everyone was very nice and super easy to talk to. There were 4 interviews with managers and one group activity then we went out to lunch after. The questions were mostly behavioral and going over your resume. One of the interviews was excel focused, another was financial questions and one of them we were asked to do a short presentation.

Client Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone call assessment and inviting me for an examination. The exam was pretty easy and everything went well. After 30 mins the Hr representative told me to wait for about an hour. Then I was surprised that I will have my initial interview with the HR representative. Right after the interview she told me that I've passed the HR interview and she even told me that I need to study some important points about the company and the position I'm applying for. After the interview she's inviting me for a panel interview (3days after) and it is composed of 3 panels (2foreigner and 1 Filipina).

Honestly, I studied those important points I was asked by the HR to study. But during the interview (panel) I started to get pressured and I can't even focused which I think the reason why I failed. A week after the panel interview I didn't heard anything from the HR that's why I decided to contact them thru email and sadly I got a bad news but the experience I had with them is unforgettable.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through website and was asked to do a video interview. Very laid back. The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to! A lot of more behavioral questions. If you pass this round, you are asked to go to interview at office of choice.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process and interview process is forst you will have your exam in the desired position then if you pass you'll have an hr interview just basic questions ang basic acctg terms and if you pass you're going to have your technical interview with the team lead and if you pass again, final interview last.

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first on campus with a FactSet recruiter, and later at the Boston, MA office. The interview consisted of a short, non-technical presentation, a 30 minute prioritization activity, and four behavioral/skills interviews with various hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What is a sector?   1 Answer
    • Where are the markets going?   1 Answer
    • What is the S&P 500?   1 Answer
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer