FactSet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at FactSet

1,075 Interview Reviews

Sort:

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in May 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was one super day starting off with a demo and group brain teaser, followed by a series technical and behavioral interviews. Then an excel test and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the current news in the financial markets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Group of 5 potential candidates. Took us to lunch, gave us a basic IQ test, interview with 3-5 people around the office whole process takes about 5 hours. Gave a brief excel test as well. This was definitely one of the more difficult interview processes I have had but seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is the customer always right?
      Q: If the day before the day before yesterday is 3 days after Saturday what day is it today?
      Q: Briefly describe the current US economy.
      Q: Brief excel test was given.
      Q: A lot of behavioral questions i.e. Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process took little over 2 weeks. I was first contacted and given an interview over skype. After that I was flown out to San Francisco where there was a super day.

Interview Questions

• If you had a friend that was hurt in the back of a car, would you speed through a red light to take him to the hospital.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly standard. First I had a phone interview. Then I was supposed to have a video interview, but I was asked to go to their office for an in person interview.

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

The day started by going out to lunch with two young FactSet Consultants. Following lunch, we returned to the office. We were given a demo of the software and we were then interviewed by four of the FactSet managers. Each manager had their own set of questions. During one of the interviews we were asked to complete a brain teaser quiz.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst thing you've gotten away with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

I had the initial phone Interview, they asked basic questions reviewing my Resume and personal fit. Although I was very qualified for the position and knew a lot about the company, I received an email that they were moving on with other candidates.

Associate Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Consisted of 2 initial phone interviews then an in person meeting with the hiring manager and another team member. The interviews itself were fine - your average questions - personality and work history overview - nothing tricky or too hard. The process though was dragged out for 2 months and in the end HR never responded back. Communication was not there - they asked me to send over application documents - I faxed it over asked for confirmation it was received - never heard back. Waited a week to get an email saying that the fax didn't show up and to send it again - scanned it this time - asked for confirmation it was received and never heard back. Truly unprofessional and left a bad impression with me.

Interview Questions

• nothing too out of the ordinary - mostly personality questions and work history   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

Interview

I got an interview via referral. The interview took place in Norwalk, CT. I had five door-to-door interviews. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral and walk through the resume. One interviewer was more interested in finance related questions. And, it was basic finance questions, nothing too difficult. Overall, I really enjoyed the interview process as all of them were pretty relaxed and fun to talk to.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

first round is phone interview, the second round is onsite interview. The phone interview is asking a easy question about writing a function of fizzbuzz. However, the interviewer did not ask any question about my resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Introduction and technical questions about resume and complete an algorithm problem. The interviewer is a frontend engineer and asked questions mostly about that part. Did not finish the algorithm problem because time left for coding part was somewhat limited.