First Internet Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

First Internet Bank Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2019

Found 37 reviews

4.7
First Internet Bank CEO David B. Becker (no image)
David B. Becker

"The Bank's success comes down to a simple mission - take care of your employees and your customers"

Current Employee - Vice President in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative working environment. Focus on associates and their individual development. Assembly of talent from diverse backgrounds and industries leads to innovative thinking. Transparent senior leadership. Entrepreneurial spirit. Servicing customers is demonstrated from top down. Good benefits package.

Cons

None come to mind - a truly unique financial institution with a 20 year track record of success.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate and include employees in plans for building of new headquarters to ease inevitable angst of moving.

First Internet Bank2019-06-18

"First Internet Bank doesn't forget about the most important part of the organizatoin: the employee."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time

Pros

Core to First Internet Bank's strategy is a strong appreciation for customer experience and satisfaction that you can't find anywhere else. The Bank goes out of its way to ensure that questions are answered timely and the products offered are among the best on the market. This value of the customer also extends to the employee. First IB leadership & HR does a terrific job in aiming for growth and development... opportunities amongst all employees. At the same time, the organization is driving a culture that leaves the employee excited about the future and the next day of work. I get to look forward to new and exciting challenges every day.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind! Keep up the good work.

Advice to Management

Continue with your transparency among employees - you have done great keeping employees engaged and connecting to the greater "purpose" that First Internet Bank is after.

First Internet Bank2019-06-17

"Culture"

Former Employee - Vice President in Fishers, IN

I worked at First Internet Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lobby has complimentary snacks, coffee, soda, and beer. A friendly and helpful retail banking department.

Cons

Managers have limited experience in managing staff, benefits are no longer competitive, the culture has deteriorated, and an unfriendly HR department,

Advice to Management

Do not discriminate based on age, which is your current practice.

First Internet Bank2019-06-13

First Internet Bank Response

June 18, 2019

We have reviewed your comments and appreciate the input. All feedback helps us in our efforts to remain an employer of choice for top performers in Indiana.

4. "Not a traditional bank"

I have been working at First Internet Bank part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere with good people

Cons

No cons that can be thought of

First Internet Bank2019-02-23
  5. "Great place to be...."

Current Employee - Vice President in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Even though I have been here just a few months and am part of building a new department, the culture at First Internet Bank is amazing. It's a little community within itself and the people are so friendly and caring that they immediately pull you in to help you with whatever you need and check on you to make you feel comfortable and part of the organization. The dedication, knowledge, and professionalism of... everyone here makes you strive to do your best! The culture is definitely work hard but have fun too! I really like that First Internet Bank incorporates that into our days with different events, functions, and meetings. I also love that First Internet Bank believes in giving back to our communities.

Cons

Just that office space is currently limited.

Advice to Management

None - very happy getting to know management.

First Internet Bank2018-12-20
  6. "The unbank bank"

Current Employee - Senior Portfolio Manager in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having previously worked for two medium-sized regional banks, FIB has been a breath of fresh air. FIB has a tech company vibe. They definitely go out of their way to keep employees happy. I feel that employees here actually have a say and management listens. FIB is everything the big bank is not. It's easy to work hard for a company that you like and that you believe in.

Cons

Tight work spaces. The bank's growth has resulted in the need for more space. In order to accommodate all the new hires, multiple cubes have been installed. These spaces offer no privacy and it's distracting sitting in a heavy traffic area.

First Internet Bank2018-06-13
  7. "An amazing place to work and grow!"

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent culture! They make you feel valued, and appreciated. A fun enjoyable atmosphere where hard work is accomplished day in and day out. Solid benefits package, and competitive pay. Communication from the top down is constant and consistent.

Cons

The workspace in our current location is a little tight. At times it can be hard to huddle with your team without having someone walk through.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing! Don't change a thing!

First Internet Bank2018-01-30
  8. "Operations Specialist"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Fishers, IN

I have been working at First Internet Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

First Internet Bank is an AMAZING place to work and Best job I've ever had! You are given the resources to do your job well and training is pretty smooth. Everyone has a positive team spirit and willing to jump in to help when needed. Management is very supportive, helpful, and genuinely care about your success. There is a laid back and relaxed environment with a high level of professionalism. Lots of potential to... grow within the company. Best Perks in town- on site gym, event ticket, free snacks ,drinks and a awesome on site state of the art fitness gym.

Cons

There are no negatives that I see at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep being Awesome!

First Internet Bank2018-01-29
  9. "Great work environment at FIB. I felt like they cared about me and my career."

Former Employee - Underwriter in Fishers, IN

I worked at First Internet Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The president of the company is very interactive. Cares about his employees. Would recommend to others who want to work for a fast paced environment.

Cons

The company could be more flexible with allowing some employees to work from home on a part-time basis. Employees who are in a production environment can be held accountable.

Advice to Management

Be flexible for some to work at home at least on a part-time basis.

First Internet Bank2018-02-03
  10. "Not your typical Bank"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I worked at First Internet Bank full-time

Pros

First Internet Bank is classic workplace for the independent bankers who do not want to work in the traditional sense, i.e., suits and ties, 9-5 etc. Laid back, low pressure environment with lots of great office perks including an employee beer tap and never ending snack options. Solid diversity for its size and scope as well.

Cons

A bit too casual for some. The social environment can also be a bit distracting for some.

Advice to Management

FIB is a great organization. The location and work setting is not for everyone. The management team and HR works very hard to creating a diverse and opportunity rich environment.

First Internet Bank2018-01-25