Flexware Innovation Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2021

4.6
Flexware Innovation President & CEO Scott Whitlock (no image)
Scott Whitlock
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work with interesting projects

Apr 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in Fishers, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work life balance and culture fostering personal health is really obvious and great.

Cons

The company has a tendency to be more traditional in some of their approaches

2. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Solid Experience

Nov 20, 2019 - Intern in Fishers, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast moving, innovative, and fun team

Cons

Smaller company, not as much room for growth

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Nov 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexware has come a long ways in the past couple of years to modernize the culture and compete with other tech companies. Some of these perks include open PTO, overall flexibility, and better cash bonuses. If you are getting your work done, maintaining billable hours, and keeping customers happy, then no one is going to question you. A new modern office building is in the works and will be a welcome relief from the darker, older feel of the current office. The open spaces, location, and vibe of the new office will be another great perk. Flexware hires some of smartest and hardest working people that I know. We have great leaders at every level of the organization who are transparent and genuinely care about their employees health, job satisfaction, and happiness. I feel that the work I do here is challenging, but is recognized and is rewarding.

Cons

As a growing company during a time when the job-market is extremely hot, it sometimes feels that employees can be stretched pretty thin. This is great for job security, but it sometimes feels that you are working on something that would be best suited for a small team rather than an individual. It would be great to see more emphasis put on working as teams for better efficiency, quality, and cohesion. The scope of work can be challenging, but I view this as a good thing. It keeps things interesting and greatly builds your set of skills no matter what your job title is. With the varying scope of projects and nature of the manufacturing industry it can sometimes feel that you are stuck working with older, outdated technology. Flexware is good at pushing for the latest and greatest, but it can still be difficult in this industry.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Growing pains

Aug 11, 2019 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company benefits like paid time off

Cons

Needs to work on employee engagement and mentoring. There is also a lack of team blending, very little direction or setting employee goals and expectations.

1 person found this review helpful

Flexware Innovation Response

Director of Talent Management

Thank you for the feedback. We have had some significant growth in the last 3-4 years and we are actively making changes to our team structures and employee goals and expectations. This is in support of our Core Values of "Be Healthy" and "Never Stop Learning".

5. 3.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Automation engineer

Jun 12, 2019 - Automation Engineer in Fishers, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment, close niche community

Cons

small company, less pay disadvantage

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Inspiring Company Producing Inspired Solutions

Nov 9, 2015 - Automation Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There aren't many companies that understand that they are their people, especially in the engineering services field. Flexware understands that they are nothing if their people aren't at their best, and that is evident in how they treat employees, from communication and an active open door policy, to benefits and amazing culture. The technical team is strong and really fosters growth & collaboration within the team. The culture is surprising in the industry, and every member of the Flexware team is friendly & easy-going. There is no in-fighting or drama like many larger companies. The leadership team is always pushing for growth and communicating about goals, ideas and risks. It becomes apparent quickly that Flexware delivers superior solutions and leadership, setting themselves apart. The drive for personal employee and community impact is refreshing.

Cons

In some roles it's necessary to spend significant time stationed at customer sites, and less time in the office. Being exposed to the customers work environment and culture can wear on you, especially at some of the larger customer sites. Flexware is good about flexibility on this however, and it goes a long way in building positive customer relationships. The regular meetings & events help bring everyone back together.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with a strong reputation and solid leadership!

Oct 12, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely technical leaders who care about the development of their employees, employees are given the opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals in the engineering services industry, leadership always open to new ideas and ways to grow the company - "open door" policy, aggressively looking to grow the business and create new start-up ventures within the company, producing new opportunities for current employees to go and grow. - Leadership consistently updating company road map for both short and long-team growth plans - Open PTO policy with great benefits for a smaller company

Cons

Current employment structure and growth plan can be somewhat fluid and less defined.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Intern

Great business leadership wisdom to share!

Oct 12, 2015 - Anonymous Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an intern, Flexware gave me more leadership and career advice than anywhere else I have been. They made sure all the interns interacted with each other in several (fun!) development days and we went on a few plant tours at other companies as well. Each development day was refreshing and the entire experience has made me a more confident engineer.

Cons

I was not always fond of the culture of the company I directly worked for.

9. 5.0

Solid foundation

Sep 2, 2014 - Automation Engineer in Fishers, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is easy to get along with for the most part. They encourage open and honest communication, and not in the giant corporate sense, they really mean it. I feel I could call the CEO or my direct supervisor and be open and honest with them. The management genuinely cares.

Cons

As with any growing business, the organizational chart can sometimes become skewed. Career path is often fluid.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Intern

Trailblazer Internship review

Sep 16, 2017 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you get hired at Flexware as an intern, you will be assigned to a project that fits your major and career as much as possible and you will, without a doubt, come out knowing more about what you want to do with your professional life.

Cons

It's a company on the smaller side so if you're looking to experience a big company this might not be the best place. However, this allows you to get more hands-on work on real projects for clients. The company is also growing quickly and it probably won't be long before it becomes a medium sized company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews