Flexware Innovation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 16, 2017

4.9
Scott Whitlock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Trailblazer Internship review"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Flexware Innovation as an intern

Pros

If you get hired at Flexware as an intern, you will be assigned to a project that fits your major and career as much as possible and you will, without a doubt, come out knowing more about what you want to do with your professional life.

Cons

It's a company on the smaller side so if you're looking to experience a big company this might not be the best place. However, this allows you to get more hands-on work on real projects for clients. The company is also growing quickly and it probably won't be long before it becomes a medium sized company.

"Great company with good values. Challenging work that keeps things interesting."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Pros

The company is filled with A players who have a lot of help and advice to offer. You aren't just a consultant who generates a certain amount of revenue at Flexware. You are a part of the family.

Cons

As with any consulting company you are sometimes at the mercy of the customer who may not share the same values as your company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Go Dogs!

"Best company I have worked for, best people around"

I have been working at Flexware Innovation full-time

Pros

People
    The people at Flexware are awesome. Flexware only hires good people. Everyone that I have met during my time here have been stand up people and fun to work with. I have worked other places where you get some groups of good people, but I have never worked at a place like Flexware where it is consistent across the board.

Work/Life Balance
    They really care about families here. Many companies say that they do but Flexware actually acts on it. Flexware itself is a great family, but your personal families are also taken into account. The unlimited PTO policy definitely speaks to the work/life balance. Working from home when you need to is also easy to do. Flexware knows you have a life outside of work and they do everything they can to make sure you live a healthy life at home and at work.

Values
    I've seen many companies layout "values" for their employees, but I have never seen a company stick to them like Flexware does. The open honesty around here is something I haven't experienced other places. Everyone is hard working and cares that everyone else succeeds as a team. For example, I was fixing a couch with a broken leg in the basement and the CEO helped me fix it. That's just how people are around here, if they can help you they will do their best to do so.

Senior Management
    Management is great, they promote who is the best for the job at the time. I could walk into any of their offices and talk to them and not feel strange about it.

Compensation/Benefits
    You would think with a small company they might lack with compensating their employees, but that is not the case with Flexware. The salary they offered me was comparable, if not higher than other offers. You get unlimited PTO. They also hand out bonuses every 6 months, which is awesome.

Office
    Pretty awesome office. The basement has a putt putt course, kitchen, large "lecture hall" style room, and some other cool things.

Cons

Sometimes people can get stuck in one spot or pulled many directions. Because it is a smaller company you have to wear a bunch of "hats". I personally like having multiple responsibilities but not everyone does.

I have found that when you do have an issue with having too many responsibilities or having one great big responsibility or any issue at all, if you talk to someone about it, they will do their best to get you out of what you are doing and into something else that would make you happier, or get someone to help you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I think the right steps are being taken to facilitate growth.

"Inspiring Company Producing Inspired Solutions"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer

Pros

There aren't many companies that understand that they are their people, especially in the engineering services field. Flexware understands that they are nothing if their people aren't at their best, and that is evident in how they treat employees, from communication and an active open door policy, to benefits and amazing culture. The technical team is strong and really fosters growth & collaboration within the team. The culture is surprising in the industry, and every member of the Flexware team is friendly & easy-going. There is no in-fighting or drama like many larger companies. The leadership team is always pushing for growth and communicating about goals, ideas and risks.

It becomes apparent quickly that Flexware delivers superior solutions and leadership, setting themselves apart. The drive for personal employee and community impact is refreshing.

Cons

In some roles it's necessary to spend significant time stationed at customer sites, and less time in the office. Being exposed to the customers work environment and culture can wear on you, especially at some of the larger customer sites. Flexware is good about flexibility on this however, and it goes a long way in building positive customer relationships. The regular meetings & events help bring everyone back together.

"Great company with a strong reputation and solid leadership!"

I have been working at Flexware Innovation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely technical leaders who care about the development of their employees, employees are given the opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals in the engineering services industry, leadership always open to new ideas and ways to grow the company - "open door" policy, aggressively looking to grow the business and create new start-up ventures within the company, producing new opportunities for current employees to go and grow.
    - Leadership consistently updating company road map for both short and long-team growth plans
    - Open PTO policy with great benefits for a smaller company

Cons

Current employment structure and growth plan can be somewhat fluid and less defined.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of involving and updating all staff on anticipated company growth and how this will impact us and our careers within Flexware.

"Trailblazer Intern"

Former Intern - Trailblazer in Fishers, IN
    Former Intern - Trailblazer in Fishers, IN

I worked at Flexware Innovation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexware is full of great people who care about more than just work. The atmosphere is fun because there is always something going on, whether its a card game at lunch or a round of putt putt in the basement.

Cons

It is a small company, so it has a different feel than a large corporation. There is less diversity in both the people and opportunities than in a big company.

Advice to Management

Keep the work atmosphere fun and don't change the company's values. They are what make Flexware a fantastic place to work.

7. "Great business leadership wisdom to share!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Flexware Innovation as an intern

Pros

As an intern, Flexware gave me more leadership and career advice than anywhere else I have been. They made sure all the interns interacted with each other in several (fun!) development days and we went on a few plant tours at other companies as well. Each development day was refreshing and the entire experience has made me a more confident engineer.

Cons

I was not always fond of the culture of the company I directly worked for.

Advice to Management

For the interns who will be placed outside of Flexware, I think you should get to know their supervisors better and also give that company some sort of structure or requirements for the summer. I believe it would have made my experience better.

"Solid foundation"

Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Flexware Innovation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is easy to get along with for the most part. They encourage open and honest communication, and not in the giant corporate sense, they really mean it. I feel I could call the CEO or my direct supervisor and be open and honest with them. The management genuinely cares.

Cons

As with any growing business, the organizational chart can sometimes become skewed. Career path is often fluid.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have a game plan for all of the employees and be clear on what they need to work on to continue growing within the organization.

9. "Good opportunities, trying to create a great culture."

Pros

Striving hard to create a great culture. Talented individuals to work with. Very strong customer base as well as technology partners.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a company trying to expand. Stretching some individuals very thin, some can pick up more slack. Individual growth and career path not always clear.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on what makes Flexware great.

"It was a positive experience, and the people are really good to work with."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The people are really easy to get along with and I feel that they are accommodating and understanding about different issues that can arise. The pay is pretty competitive and they have good benefits.

Cons

They are a smaller company that relies on contracting work, as such depending on the job you may spend the majority of your time at the contractor. Then as a contractor, depending on where you are working there can be different cultures than what Flexware is about.