G2 Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

3.8
G2 Co-Founder and CEO Godard Abel  (no image)
Godard Abel
Pros
  • "Obviously 4 days of free lunch is unreal but what really excites is the people I get to work with everyday(in 15 reviews)

• "Catered lunch, unlimited lacroix, great culture(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Other than that, mostly just your typical growing pains(in 9 reviews)

• "The sales team is favored greatly over the rest of the company(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, great culture, great future!

Mar 12, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

G2 remains at its very core a determined group of individuals guided by PEAK values. The various aspects of the culture including multiple ERG's has made me feel very welcomed.

Cons

There are none at this moment

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Rapid growth with a lot of great mentors

Mar 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some amazing people at G2 who really care not only about doing a great job in their roles, but also caring about the people they work with. The culture is set for encouraging a healthy work environment and a good work-life balance.

Cons

As with any growing company, there are "growing pains" where sometimes we're too stretched or too limited. Generally I see these getting worked out fairly well over time, but it's sometimes uncomfortable to navigate continually fast-paced change. Change seems like a constant, but that's also because we're intentional about maintaining speed. There are occasionally people hired who bring stellar skills or experience, but who find a culture that cares about other people to be a challenging environment. I've seen several of those people leave the company as a result, but that's testimony that a strong and healthy culture can be maintained even when there are occasionally some bad hires.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Zero respect for Employees

May 3, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

There were good managers, but they left

Cons

This company has zero respect for people. Terrible things have happened to employees on the job and G2 did nothing to help them. The CEO doesn’t care anymore. He’s clearly more invested in his new company and hopefully is forced out soon. They had a big push for diversity, but their actions didn’t reflect that. Right afterwards they hired three white males into leadership. Goals are too high and a low percentage hits quota. This product is a nice to have.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0

We Need to See Improvement

Mar 3, 2021 - Success Organization
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation and benefits are good. The team I work with is incredibly kind, helpful, and supportive. When in the office, lunch, snacks, and drinks were supplied.

Cons

Employee safety is a massive concern for me. A colleague behaved very inappropriately to me and I did not receive appropriate assistance, support, or resolution from HR. While I was involved in the initial investigation, I was quickly left in the dark and only received an update after I had followed up. It’s extremely disappointing to feel as though voices are being silenced. The lack of accommodations brings anxiety and an unsafe feeling, which is not fair for anyone who has experienced any sort of sexual harassment in their workplace.

32 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture and focus on helping each other

Feb 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely excited about the future at G2. A stronger senior leadership team is in place that's set a vision for the business that improves our value to our Buyers and increases our value for our clients too. I appreciate how much the company focuses on transparency using the V2MOM process to share & create aligned objectives across all teams and openly addressing questions from everyone during the global all hands. G2 has a purpose too which is great to know we're building something that helps professionals around the world.

Cons

We are committed to diversity & inclusion. It takes time to change representation within all levels of our team but the focus and passion to be a diverse & inclusive company will help us improve every day!

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Appreciate the culture, love the people, feel underpaid

Mar 11, 2021 - Account Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible to be a part of a growing organization, huge room for upward growth and leadership, I love being at a tech company that is scaling like crazy, I feel super supported by my entire team + my boss, I'm learning SO much from my customers and my peers daily

Cons

pay is below market and that is annoying....sales is really hustling as other cross-functional teams go through growing pains. nothing worse than feeling unvalued.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 1.0

AVOID!!

Apr 19, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits and snacks in the kitchen

Cons

- A complete lack of diversity even though G2 pledged to address this and hire more POC - Terrible product. Customers consistently struggle to find ROI and customer churn is the norm, not the exception - The HR department is a joke. The sexual assault allegations in the previous glassdoor reviews are all true, yet HR chose to ignore this to avoid a potential lawsuit. They are just addressing this now because they were caught ignoring them

8 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Continued Covid-times response has been fantastic

Oct 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership and Corporate teams have really done a great job being authentic and transparent with changes and challenges during the past 6 months or so. There has been increased listening and a good focus on our people. We've also done a lot more with our G2 Community, both in our corporate giving and our Inclusion efforts. We've launched about 5 or 6 ERGs since the spring, and this has been really cool to see blossom. It's by no means perfect here, but there are some really positive changes that have been made that have built trust. It's the most genuine place I've worked at before, so comparatively, I'm pretty darn happy. Finally, growth is turning around a bit. The business is weathering the COVID storm well, and there are starting to be more and more internal career opportunities.

Cons

There are still some tough changes still to be made in terms of standardizing things as we evolve from doing everything case-by-case to standardized processes. I guess the challenge is how do we stay fast and nimble while standardizing? That's where the interesting growth will be. I'd still say that in some areas we still operate too top-down, with senior leadership getting their hands into things that they should leave to the experts. This is specifically with leaders who were with the company from its nascent days.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Figuring out how to grow best

Feb 9, 2021 - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was at G2 for a few years and I really enjoyed my time there because of the rapid growth the company had, and the fact that I got to be a part of it all. My career grew along with the company as a result. I learned a lot, and had a chance to work with very smart people.

Cons

The leadership can be extremely emotional and irrational at times, and that causes issues in terms of decision making and strategy. This was consistent during my whole time at the company.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0

G2 is an unsafe place to work

Mar 3, 2021 - BDR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Any pros to working at G2 disappeared when the pandemic started

Cons

G2 ignored and covered up multiple sexual harassment complaints in the research and sales departments over the three years I worked there. They did nothing about repeated complaints for months and used layoffs to get rid of the people involved, including the victims. HR failed to protect their most vulnerable employees from harm on multiple occasions and lied about their involvement when confronted. Until G2 owns up to what they allowed to happen on their watch and takes meaningful action to hold harassers and assaulters accountable G2 will continue to be an unsafe work environment.

27 people found this review helpful