GLG Reviews

3.7
GLG CEO Paul Todd
Paul Todd

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "GLG hires great people and gives you a lot of responsibility quite early in your career.(in 142 reviews)
  • "Great colleagues & teammates who are in the trenches with you(in 65 reviews)
  • "Workplace culture was Good and inclusive(in 47 reviews)
  • "Great office and a barista.(in 38 reviews)
  • "decent pay for fresh college grads(in 37 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and leaders .(in 70 reviews)
  • "There is No work life balance(in 55 reviews)
  • "The main issue which is the underlying issue of a lot of complaints is bad managers.(in 48 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership doesn't get any feedback from the company in a systematic or organized way.(in 33 reviews)
  • "The salary is low and you will be working round the clock on logistical issues.(in 27 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GLG and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Role Review

May 10, 2022 - Senior Client Solutions Associate in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Structure, Great Culture, Opportunity for growth and learning about a diverse # of industries

Cons

Work pressure / volume depends on team placement

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Would not recommend to a friend that is easily stressed out/wants a life outside work

May 8, 2022 - Client Solutions Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

-most people are very friendly, funny, & real if you get an opportunity to know them a little bit -learn a good amount of basic skills & practice multi-tasking/prioritizing

Cons

-10 or more hours a day usually (8:30 - 6:30 on a good day) -taking lunch is all but discouraged. They obviously can’t not let you take lunch, but most people work through their lunch because walking away for 30min-1hr is basically not an option sometimes, given the amount of work that is expected we complete -making clients happy comes before employee wellness and before network member satisfaction

1 person found this review helpful

GLG Response

Vice President

We’re glad you’ve made such strong connections since joining the company. It’s encouraging to know strong friendships develop between GLG teammates, even in a remote work environment. While we expect a certain level of responsiveness from our client-facing teams, the health and wellbeing of our employees always come first. This is why we’ve taken steps to become a more flexible organization, with the option to continue working from home, in addition to no preset limit on PTO. We recognize that free time is important, which is why we continue to increase our headcount to support our global teams and meet the demands of our growing business. This also means investing in new tools to streamline workflows, giving Associates more time to focus on building deeper relationships with clients. As the leader in a tightly competitive industry, we do hold ourselves to high standards. Ultimately, the role you're in may not be a perfect fit for everybody. That’s why we offer a wide range of internal mobility opportunities to better fit everyone’s long term professional goals. Your HR business partner can help you understand your options. We appreciate your feedback.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

May 12, 2022 - Research Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-GM and supervisor truly care about us -Unlimited PTO -Work can be interesting -Great benefits

Cons

-Can have long hours -Might have to work holidays, but will be compensated

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 3, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

GLG is a fantastic company that enables the world's leading insights. They enable fulfilling global interactions and have a great benefits program

Cons

It's lack of structure can create some opportunities and challenges.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Glorified Button Pusher

May 10, 2022 - Associate in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy job, fully remote, decent pay if you do overtime, nice coworkers

Cons

the role is so incredibly boring. Never a moment where you actually enjoy it. All you do is go through linkedin and message "experts" who have no desire to speak with you. You will come out of GLG with almost 0 transferrable skills. Great place to work while looking for another job. HORRIBLE work/life balance. Micro managing is so common.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good culture, great people, limited pool of fulfilling jobs

Mar 29, 2022 - Engagement Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

First, pay is generally good and so are the HC benefits (health premiums are low and they provide you with funding for your HSA). You also get paid a bonus for working holidays and can reach big annual bonuses if you are client-facing. Hours can be long but are generally reasonable compared to other employers. You won't work 11 hours a day but you may need to be on-call for that length of time. The company will invest in you and has made tremendous progress over the last year and a half. During my time at GLG there were numerous re-orgs, reshuffles, and a lot of turnover. Early on, it was long hours on a daily basis, a lack of resources, and the frustration of following "client knows best" at all times. However, a lot of things improved when our budget for headcount was increased. Basically, the company took a lot of pressure off employees by letting them work fewer hours. I do want to call out the culture at GLG. It is very empowering and there is a good deal of transparency at the middle management (and even upper management) levels. There is very much a "we're in this together" attitude that makes working at GLG tolerable - and even enjoyable - despite work that can seem (and is acknowledged by many to be) quite mindless. GLG also made HUGE strides in recruiting a more diverse workforce in a short period of time (and not just ethnicity but people from public instead of private universities).

Cons

The downsides are nearly immediately apparent: with the exception of some very specific roles, you don't have a say in a lot of the work you do. You are expected to follow management's and your client's lead all the time. We went by the maxim: "the client is always right." Despite graduate work in survey methodology and having run a survey research office, no one turned to me or consulted me for that advice - and I offered it all of the time. . It's just not empowering when your expertise is not valued and you don't have a chance to showcase it in front of senior leadership. Also, leadership could improve (C-suite is pretty good but those just below don't seem to make an impact for what they are paid). For instance, the research side of the business doesn't have any clout and so the organization doesn't get much of an industry reputation in that regard. This has to improve or GLG will lose business in its survey and other research offerings. You cannot just count on hedge funds and PSF firms paying your bills if you want to grow.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

May 6, 2022 - Senior Client Solutions Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is great, and competitive salary.

Cons

Can be hard to hit targets sometimes

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

People Management is the core aspect of the TL

Mar 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- GLG has a plethora of resources for personal growth and learning, often untapped or people are unaware of. - PTO and flexibility in needing to step off desk is really positive. - The skills learned at GLG and in the TL role really help you build a great framework for your career as a whole. - The TL framework training is long but really positive and helped me form my people management skills deeper.

Cons

- Depending on BU there aren’t as many AM opportunities as one might think. - The TL role in other companies in the same role pay significantly more typically. - Hours can be long depending on your BU but GLG has come a long way in balancing that. - The role can get monotonous

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start in Sales

May 1, 2022 - Business Development Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Biggest Pro is the people Good culture

Cons

Benefits and Compensation could use improvement

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

May 1, 2022 - Client Solutions Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people and managers are supportive

Cons

Can be long hours at times

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,215 Reviews
</>Embed

GLG Reviews FAQs

GLG has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,391 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at GLG to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GLG employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GLG. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

63% of GLG employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GLG 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GLG to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with GLG Job Seekers