GoWireless Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
GoWireless President & CEO Kevin Elder
Kevin Elder

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fun work environment that promotes diversity, allowing you to be yourself" (in 19 reviews)

• "Great upper management and great commission structure" (in 19 reviews)

1. "Wireless Consultant"

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Jackson Center, OH
    Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Jackson Center, OH

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Decent benefits
    Decent pay
    Good for sales experience

Cons

Moderate stress
    Work on weekends
    Can be "high" pressure

Advice to Management

N/a

"Management Changes"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay from company, and your working with a brand that is known all over the world.

Cons

The leadership team in certain areas is a joke. They will make sure that you know they're not happy with you and will retaliate if you work against them. Some people in this company hold titles that they should not have and should be fired. They need to place people with actual sales experience in the higher up rolls.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people who have NO clue what they're doing. There are a lot of people on the front lines that really have a better understanding for the business than those who are worried about the small things like a piece of tape on the wall. Hire people that are actually familiar with sales now a days not that are stuck with sales from 7+ years ago.

3. "Great!"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get paid every Friday with monthly commission

Cons

Management opportunities seem to be favored

Advice to Management

Rate overall experience and not based on one month

4. "Unpredictable Schedule"

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Macomb, MI
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Macomb, MI

I worked at GoWireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great new commission structure
    A lot of free time

Cons

Unpredictable hours
    Poor management
    Some managers hog all of sales

Advice to Management

Learn to sale side by side with employees and not take all the sales

"Wireless Consultant"

Pros

This role can be rewarding financially

Cons

Financial compensation depends largely on the volume of customers at your location. Between cold calls, meetings, and difficult goals, management expects too much of their minimum wage employees.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic with sales goals and expectations. Additionally, financial compensation should not be completely depended on volume, but by ratios and other metrics.

6. "Not a bad company to work for."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the employees who work here and you can potentially make a lot of money towards the end of the year!

Cons

I feel more and more unfulfilled more and more every day. It's so boring some days especially during the first quarter of the year....

Advice to Management

It's all good

"Chopping at the bottom of the tree"

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant
    Former Employee - Wireless Consultant

I worked at GoWireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I guess service discounts that were suppose to be 50% off but are more realistically 30%.

Cons

I dont know where to start. I've been working for this company for almost 2 years. Sense I've started I've had 3 different commission structures (that all have been progressively gotten worse) and 4 different district managers. The turn over rate is absolutely depressing because management fills you with false promises from the get go, referencing other peoples income only to find out that they are the top 1% of employees company wide. Employee benefits have gotten worse sense I started. High deductibles and you have to spend $2000 in medical Bill's before you can use your copays so your medical is practically pointless. The past two years I have had all of my quarterly raises retracted and not inflated properly when minimum wage had raised in my state. I also asked if this would happen again next year and payroll said we wont know until January 1st. So theres no incentive to work hard for a solid raise. Not only is there a minimum you have to make in profit for the company before you are eligable for your own commission check, you also have to jump through hoops like selling selective products or you dont get your months commission check. I had both of my grandparents pass away in a 3 month span and it was like pulling teeth to be approved to take time off to go to their funerals (with having pto). You are just a number to the higher ups if you cant preform to their expectation they will punish you by moving you to an unsuccessful store where you cant succeed and eventually have to leave the company because you cant make enough to live. Company property is never up to date and leaves representatives unequipped to be successful or represent the company positively and properly. Last year the company fired 6 higher ups saving the company $1.2M annually and did not reinvest a single penny into their employees. Also accessories are overpriced compared to other indirect companys and corporate. If selling an $80 screen protector to make $5 commission that isnt even guaranteed sounds appealing to you, then you will absolutely love this job.

Advice to Management

Stop fraternizing in Las Vegas and sucking up company profits. Stop short changing your sales representatives that are the backbone to the doors of this company even being open. Stop buying every higher up and their mom a Prius when they are too lazy to actually use those vehicals to do their duties. Stop lying about cost of products to your employees. Stop falsifying the realistic potential that reps actually have. And most importantly WORK ON BEING ENDORSED BY THE BETTER BUISNESS BUERO.

8. "Maybe a great company"

I have been working at GoWireless full-time

Pros

Friendly, positive, easy money and great company to learn about sales.

Cons

Company change the commission to much.

"Not a good experience"

Pros

Weekly pay schedule, discounts on phones, plans, and accessories.

Cons

Sub par company operations, commission pay structure is lower than similar structure at other companies, lack of employee morale, not a good company for a first time phone employee as the live training is lacking and new to the industry employees are expected to understand precedures almost immediately.

Advice to Management

Give new employees actual procedure training, communicate with new employees better, improve company operations precedures.

10. "Good going into my first sales job."

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at GoWireless full-time

Pros

Comission was worth working hard for.

Cons

Depending on the location you get, if you aren't a "shark" good luck :)