HomeAdvisor Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
HomeAdvisor CEO Chris Terrill
Chris Terrill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance, great environment" (in 24 reviews)

• "Surrounded by great people that make you look forward to going to the office every day" (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "Other then the normal call center gossipers" (in 22 reviews)

• "Home Advisor can bring to their company" (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, schedule, environment, culture, management, annual zoo outing, center lunches, free soda, great health benefits, energy, free coffee, in office store, pool table, ping pong table, gym, keg/happy hour....Just to name a few.
    When I started working at HomeAdvisor I had no idea what to expect. What I found was a company who cared about and appreciated it's employees. I had fun at work. I felt like I was important and making a difference. It's a company that gives back what you give and more. HomeAdvisor has made an impact on my life in so many wonderful ways and taking a chance to work there was the best decision I have ever made.

Cons

When I say there are no cons, I mean it. This place is everything you will never find anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep putting people first and making a difference!

HomeAdvisor Response

Mar 5, 2018 – Digital PR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. It is absolutely incredible to know that HomeAdvisor has made such a positive impact on your life. We are dedicated to putting our employees... More

2. "I love my job!"

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here for 2 years and I can safely say that I love my job! Even my bad days are good. Great benefits, PTO, Vacation, Sick time, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Volunteer days, Opportunities to grow, recognition is amazing here. Quarterly Town halls and awards. If you have good work ethics, a great attitude, and are a motivated individual, you will be recognized and valued here.

Cons

I can not think of any.

Advice to Management

Mangement, please get us more swag!

3. "Sales Representative"

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

Having the ability to create your own income by way of commissions. The flexibility of the schedule and the great medical, dental and mental health benefits..

Cons

The environment was fun and fast paced. However, most of the time it was too noisy and was focused a lot on a "party atmosphere" rather than a professional one.

Advice to Management

Make more time for your sales reps to help coach them and understand how best to help the customer. Some people cannot fly before they walk. Help them walk first,

4. "Marketing Consultant (Sales)"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Golden, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Golden, CO

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, great work environment, cool amenities, and depending on your boss...

Cons

Working less toward commissioned based rates and more toward a structured salary for performance.

Advice to Management

Sales promises something that customer service can't back up and training tells us that's correct. Departments need to coexists more transparently among one another.

"Good opportunity"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open-door policy, great people, fun culture with lots of games & competitions to keep everyone motivated.

Cons

Management requires more training and prep than currently available. Ownership rules have changed making things more cut-throat than necessary.

Advice to Management

Teach reps to sell the right way with integrity. Cutting corners to make a quick sale negatively impacts the company’s reputation and retention.

"Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Leadership, Positive Energy Constantly, Great Benefits, Beautiful Culture full of Integrity and Pride on so many levels, and of course the pay is Lucrative, six figures a year, Awesome training, Perfect hours, On going training, Because my career with Home Advisor my Life has done a 360,in just months being part of this great Company, from building my self value up with the positive team members, and leadership. I have financially been able to get out 20,000.00 dollars in debt in 5 months and continue to support myself and travel and enjoy life. Home Advisor has truly been one of the best careers I have ever had. They are not just my team mates but truly my family. I am above thankful and grateful for this great career.

Cons

Honestly There are none, and yes I am a real employee

Advice to Management

Keep Being Amazing

"Sales Consultant"

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

This role has enabled me to hone and refine my sales skills all within a supportive, energetic and positive team atmosphere. If you would like to grow and develop within a company and role that offers uncapped commissions alongside unmatched work life balance this is an opportunity not to miss. Up for a challenge? Eager to learn and pave your own way? This could be a wonderful home for you!

Cons

None. Put in the work. Reap the rewards.

Advice to Management

Continue developing your talent from management to sales floor by offering opportunities and resources to grow both personally and professionally.

8. "TOP RATED COMPANY 5 YEARS IN A ROW FOR A REASON"

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HomeAdvisor is the hands down the best company i have ever worked for! They have fantastic benefits, and some of the greatest incentives i have ever seen in a sales environment. They treat all employees with respect and value each and every person here. Not only that, HomeAdvisor runs events all the time to keep the energy and environment always super fun! There is so many growth opportunities in HomeAdvisor with so many different career paths, you can come here and grow very quickly.

Cons

Nothing, this company is the company i have worked for and plan on going no where.

9. "Thankful for Homeadvisor"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great commission
    Opportunity to purchase my home
    Flexible schedules

Cons

nothing i love Homea dvisor

10. "Sales Consultant"

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

Good work and life balance

Cons

None, great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing