HomeAdvisor Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
HomeAdvisor CEO Chris Terrill
Chris Terrill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The teams here are driven and you're expected to perform at a high level but, there's still a generous work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Great people, experience and awesome company (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Other then the normal call center gossipers (in 18 reviews)

• There are constant threats to job security (people are fired or quit almost daily) and are replaced almost instantly (in 9 reviews)

1. "A People Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

I've been with the company for a year and a half, and customer care has done nothing but good things for it's employees. It's always a number one priority of the management team for everyone to be successful, happy, and healthy.

Cons

Not enough space, we could really use a bigger office so we can continue expanding!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage your people, remember why you're here!

Oct 17, 2017 – Digital PR Manager

What an inspiring review! Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s employees like you that make our office such a great place to work. I am thrilled to hear that our work environment has helped to... More

2. "National Account Sales"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great team environment, high earning potential, travel opportunities, ability to work from home, excellent insurance

Cons

getting paid back in a timely manner for travel expenses

3. "I'll never leave this company!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation plan, culture, atmosphere and leniency!

Cons

Nothing! I seriously love this place!

Advice to Management

Keep steering the ship in the right direction! We've done an amazing job over the last 5 years!

4. "Sales Consultant"

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and always friendly. Too many perks to name off but you are always taken care of

Cons

Can be aggravating sometimes due to having to cold call from time to time but not bad at all.

5. "Awesome place to work with great benefits"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a fun active place to work. They truly treat their employees well. Employees are a top priority here and you feel it the first time you walk through their doors. Incentives might be the best part of this job, otherwise it would have to be the environment.

Cons

You get out of this job what you put in. If you are lazy, look elsewhere. But definitely worth it if you put in the effort.

Advice to Management

Continue to make your employees feel like they truly matter. It is one of the reasons we love working here. That, and the money.

6. "Sales Consultant"

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday I have fun with the outstanding team around me. Professionally, I get to help business owners make their goals a reality. I work with service professionals that are looking to grow, and it is rewarding when they become successful.

Cons

Everyday requires meeting new people. As creatures of habit, it makes it hard to be excited to meet new people. Naturally you have to find a way to keep it fun, and keep it unique!

Advice to Management

Have less fun!

7. "Best call center there is."

Current Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Business Customer Service Representative in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great base pay, amazing benefits, all around just a good comany to work for.

Cons

Calls can be frustrating or stressful sometimes, but you're given plenty of time to cool down and compose yourself afterwards if needed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! This is the first job I've had where I feel genuinely appreciated and valued by management.

Oct 9, 2017 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Thank you for sharing. We take great pride in making sure our employees feel valued and appreciated. It’s very encouraging to hear that you feel good about coming in to work everyday. We are lucky to... More

8. "PA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at HomeAdvisor full-time

Pros

The company is great, good benefits, fun activities.

Cons

A core value is integrity but a lot of the management lacks it. People get fired, multiple managers storm there desks clearing all there stuff in front of everyone else. It then goes around the office like wild fire everyone afraid for there jobs and management plays it off. They have forced management to step down and played that off as it was there choice to demote themselves but everyone knows it's not. I have heard upper management talk about firing top producers with excitement talking about making an example out of them. I loved HA, I was almost at my year mark until they outsourced management and put me on his team. I felt micro managed I was not happy. My new boss would send out emails with guidelines to follow or you get a first and final warning or emails with #keepingyou fat. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Have more integrity, if your going to demote other managers demote the ones who actually deserve it. Better training for outsourced management. Stop firing people mid day and swarming there desks all at once while everyone is there. Making people talk and fear for their jobs. All it accomplishes is making people fearful and look for new employment.

Oct 17, 2017 – Digital PR Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad to learn you had a positive experience working at HomeAdvisor, but disappointed to read that your feelings changed over time about the work environment. Management... More

9. "Culture changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

I have been working at HomeAdvisor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great knowledge base and good people. Rapidly growing business and good place to start your career. No experience necessary. Learn skills you can take elsewhere.

Cons

Supporting a high tech product designed to be used by low tech end users causes frustration and misunderstandings. The majority of customers don't understand what the company truly does even after working with them for years.

Advice to Management

Culture is great, but if the compensation isn't competitive for the market; the people who helped create the culture are likely to go where they are better appreciated financially.

10. "Sales rep"

Pros

People are great, compensation is great, very laid back and relaxes work environment. Great place for people who can grind daily

Cons

Certain people get special treatment and better accounts to call when others get the same stuff that has been called a ton of times

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally

Oct 3, 2017 – HomeAdvisor Team Member

Thanks for the review. I love hearing employees speak highly of their co-workers! While we definitely reward performance, I take concerns about any kind of favoritism very seriously. If you want to... More