Ipsos Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Survey Interviewer"

Current Employee - Survey Interviewer in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Survey Interviewer in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Ipsos part-time

Pros

They provide good training. Good working environment, great friendly fellow employees and staff. Employees are treated with courtesy and respect. Surveys are pleasant to conduct and the day goes by quickly.

Cons

Hours are only part time, but you can work from minimum of 24 to maximum of 36 hours. You make your own schedule, but are required to work on either Saturday or Sunday every week. The pay is not great. Only about minimum wage.

Advice to Management

None. They are always professional and courtroom, friendly and helpful.

"A good company for all levels"

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities, both vertically and horizontally - there is internal mobility and international opportunities. You can build quite the career here if you want and work for it.

Cons

As with any big company, there can be silos - groups and teams not coordinating with each other as often as they should. Also, sometimes things take too long to happen/change.

"Syndicated Health"

I worked at Ipsos full-time

Pros

Good team dynamics and middle managers. All teams work hard and you learn about the back end and front end of survey market research. People stick around because the team members are so great.

Cons

Poor pay, stingy bonuses. Non-existent on-boarding process, little training opportunities. You will only learn if you constantly ask questions. Upper management won't spend time and effort to train.

Advice to Management

You need to pay your employees better to stay competitive and retain talent. Syndicated leadership poorly compensated team year after year.
    "Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to" .

"More good than bad"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people to work with, creative environment, ability to work virtually

Cons

As in all of market research, hours not ideal. Publicly traded company with heavy focus and pressure around "the numbers". Opportunities for growth not easily found as positions are understaffed--can't move people up if there is no one to take on their current workload.

5. "Research Analyst"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company and interesting work.

Cons

Your ability to succeed in the company depends on your managers and training.

Advice to Management

The majority of the managers are great. Mine gave me PTSD.

"Talk to people that work there, not former employees!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The laws of human nature dictate that if you have a bad experience you will tell 10 people but if you have a good experience you might tell 1 person. Glass Door is absolutely set up to be a total showcase for complaints. If you really want to get to know Ipsos, talk to the thousands and thousands of happy and long-term current employees.

In North America, we just celebrated a guy today in our Town Hall who has been with the company for 45 years. The standard length of service in the US and Canada is very long. I work with many people who have been here 20+, 15+, 10+ years. Obviously these people are very happy (as am I) and committed to Ipsos!

Paris may have problems but each region is different and Ipsos in North America is a great place to work. Each year they improve staffing, technology, leadership and overall morale. Pierre has brought some amazing leaders on board and truly cares about people. Don't believe everything you read and talk to someone who actually works here!

Cons

Honestly, sites like Glass Door whose "reviews" do nothing but hurt companies and reputations have placed an unfair label on Ipsos, at least in North America.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and don't waste your time responding to these angry former employees.

Jun 23, 2017

Thank you for your positive review! We couldn’t agree more – talk to the employees to get a good picture of life at Ipsos. We work hard to support our growing team, who help drive growth for our... More

"Plenty of growth opportunities and flexibility"

Current Employee - Client Service Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Service Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I’ve been working at Ipsos for several years, and even though I can indeed echo back what’s been said about long hours in other comments, it’s the same at any market research agency. If you are not ready to work long hours, agency side is not for you to begin with. However, there’s a lot of flexibility and freedom that you get in return. On top of that, the company has your back in case of a family emergency, and this is not something I’ve seen in the boutique I used to work for previously.
    To me, the biggest strength of Ipsos is the growth opportunities it offers to the valued employees, both vertical and horizontal. I have switched from one BU to another, and both managers were absolutely brilliant. Even now, finding myself at the cross roads of my next career move at Ipsos, I’m being offered a range of options by my manager.
    The top leadership at Ipsos is very involved in the company’s day-to-day business, is surprisingly humane and strong in strategic guidance. I can pay tribute to the company for finding the right people, as I’ve definitely worked with the most experienced and driven researchers in the industry, whichever BU I was in.

Cons

Naturally, there are a few very average performers, but their impact on business is minor, given the company scale. Still, this is something Ipsos might need to work on moving forward, especially when it comes to global roles.

Advice to Management

Converge technology solutions and invest in the most promising ones

"Summer Intern"

Pros

Great people and diverse work!

Cons

Slow pace and poor internal software.

Jul 10, 2017

Congrats on your internship with us!

"Best Place to Work!"

I have been working at Ipsos full-time

Pros

- Engaged employer
    - Supportive employer
    - Interesting work
    - Opportunity to grow
    - Millennial focus
    - Company sponsored events
    - Collaborative environment

Cons

- Technology is a bit outdated
    - Typical management drama
    - Merit increases/promotions can be small increases

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees and engaging us everyday! It rubs off to our clients.

Jul 10, 2017

Thanks for your advice! We couldn't agree more.

10. "Senior Research Analyst"

I worked at Ipsos full-time

Pros

Smart peers and teams are open to opinions. Good for junior staff

Cons

Long working hours; Not good for mid-to-senior staff