Ipsos Reviews | Glassdoor

Didier Truchot

1,172 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of work-life balance for full-timers (esp those in marketing)" (in 84 reviews)

• "Long hours (common to the profession), sometimes slow to move" (in 92 reviews)

1. "Pleased with Ipsos"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Company values align with my own. i.e. Environmental conservation, Women are well represented, etc.
    -Thirsty Thursdays (yes company provides beer and wine once a month)
    -Good people
    -Data privacy and management
    -Relaxed environment
    -Wellness opportunities
    -Benefits start day 1
    -Summer Hours

Cons

Due to massive acquisitions some offices are not as modern as others.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Consider 'bring your pet to work' as an option.

"Great people and culture!"

Current Employee - Project Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Project Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with fantastic people. Work life balance is great if you have the right boss.

Cons

Constantly changing tools leading to inefficiencies in day-to-day work. Bonuses exist but are really small and sometimes non-existent.

Advice to Management

Pay seems to be lower than other similar companies. You have great people, pay them what they are worth.

Ipsos Response

Jul 5, 2018

Thanks for your feedback.

"Market Research Interviewer"

Current Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Market Research Interviewer in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at Ipsos part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing good. Training terrible. Your nothing but a number.

Cons

No air conditioning in the middle of Summer. Supervisors put the fans on themselves. Just like working in a boiler room. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Get better supervisors and training. This position is not meant for long term employment.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-global company
    - structured department
    - exposure to different methodologies

Cons

-pay is not as competitive as other research companies

5. "Mixed Review"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President

I worked at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big name clients with great colleagues.

Cons

Not much appetite for innovation.

"Research Analyst"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Ipsos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company was trying to restructure. Unclear whether or not it worked... I got out of there before it did.

Cons

Management was very negative and there was a of office drama. Nobody seemed to care about training new employees. In fact, managers would stand at their desks and complain loudly about training new hires so that the new hires wouldn't bother them to ask questions. The culture was also an environment of fear. I was specifically told to "fear senior management" and that our HR rep was "mean" in my one-on-one meetings. In addition, senior management will take credit for all of your hard work when projects are going well but if their's ever an issue the entry level employees are the first to get blamed.
    Certain benefits exist but are frowned upon. When I had a death in my family my bereavement leave was approved however, it was later followed up with a speech about "hating sad people" in a one-on-one meeting.

Advice to Management

Please go back to middle school and get your diploma. It only takes 1-2 bad eggs to destroy office culture. You may want to reconsider your leadership if you want to create an environment of collaboration and trust. Nobody wants to work for someone who they can't trust or respect.

"Senior Research Manager"

I worked at Ipsos full-time

Pros

The people were great when I worked there. But over time they lost a lot of good people.

Cons

Low salaries and stressful, deadline oriented work.

"Asked to post positive reviews"

I have been working at Ipsos full-time

Pros

We were asked to post something positive "to help us". So here is my positive post. I have fulfilled what was asked.

Cons

Where to even begin. This place is a cesspool.

Advice to Management

Look at yourselves North America. It is all a disaster. Underperforming revenues, long term clients saying bye, abusive Ops, zero strategy for success. Clean up your act. You are bad people.

9. "great people"

I worked at Ipsos full-time

Pros

creative people, variety of clients, good co-workers

Cons

lots of global projects require support around the clock; leadership is not supportive

"Ipsos SMX - Fast-paced, creative environment with unlimited growth potential"

Current Employee - Senior Community Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Community Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Ipsos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SMX has all the benefits of working for a large established market research firm--world-class clients, travel opportunities, good salary & benefits, and nice office conditions with fun perks. But as a younger branch of the company, it also has the agility of a small business, including: ability to be creative in research, opportunities to customize your position to fit your goals, and unlimited potential for future growth.

The office environment is AMAZING - I've never worked with colleagues or leadership I've respected, trusted, and enjoyed more. We are genuinely a family who will always pitch in to help each other, and enjoys spending time brainstorming, networking, and socializing with one another.

If you aren't formally trained in market research but have a curious mind and passion for the industry, this is a great place to start--many of the most successful employees do not come from traditional research backgrounds, and training programs are well-developed with peer resources to help you learn.

The work is also extremely interesting--you have the opportunity to lead large-scale research projects for major global companies, and there is enough variety in industries/topics we study to never get bored.

Cons

If you haven't worked in market research/agency life before, the hours may feel unpredictable and overwhelming at first. It's all about balance and knowing when to put in the extra time, when to ask for help, and when to take advantage of a light day to head home early. If you are someone who enjoys flexibility in work, this unpredictability shouldn't bother you once you get used to it (it typically doesn't bother me).

But please do not take this job and expect a 9 to 5 every day, as that will not make you, your colleagues, or your clients happy.

Advice to Management

Continue to push our culture of innovation and creativity, and keep encouraging employees to develop their own goals/paths to promotions and success based on their unique skill sets. Right-size expectations around workload, and continue to pursue paths to greater efficiency on all levels.

Ipsos Response

May 9, 2018

Nice to hear from you. We couldn't agree more that SMX is certainly doing some innovative and creative work for our clients.

Showing 1,172 of 1,274 reviews