Ipsos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ipsos Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

horrible HR process. Can't even get a confirmation for an interview until less than 24 hours before the interview. Absolutely no follow up or response to multiple follow up emails.

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ipsos (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application where they got back to me in a week. There was an assessment first before the interview which they gave an hour to complete. Assessment consisted of letter writing (to check ur written skills), summary writing of market research stats, basic stats calculation and personality test. The interviewer was friendly and didn't ask too many questions.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

I interviewed for a role at a innovation lab/arm at Ipsos, Ipsos Strategy. It was a bit of a nightmare. I started out excited about the role as it seemed like a good fit with room to grow, though according to Glassdoor the pay cut would be large from my then consulting firm. However, the first couple of people I spoke to seemed very nice and passionate which made me excited about the role. But, the process dragged on and on, with repetitive questions and little concern for work hours (I had 7 or 9 phone interviews over a period of weeks during business hours) to the point that I had gotten staffed on a project I loved at my then firm and had also received other higher paying offers from larger, more renowned companies (including one of their clients, a "car start up). Moreover, the other companies went very fast-recruiter screen, quick team screens, onsites, which highlighted how drawn out this process was. By the time I had my last interview, I didn't think the firm would be a good fit--obviously, they thought the same as I didn't get an offer. They also repeatedly told me that they were interviewing a lot of people for that position, which I found weird. The last guy I spoke to kept trying to souse out where I was applying, which also felt odd. In retrospect, with respect to my time, I wish they had either had a super day or something instead of endless interviews. I suppose it fits the whole startup environment that they have going on but as an employed candidate, it was a turn off and a hassle.

Interview Questions

• Is that a firm you're also interviewing at?
      How would you roll out product xyz in this market?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

They had me conduct an online interview in which I had to record my answers via web cam. General questions about experience etc. And overall it wasn’t really a bad experience and now I’m writing this 30 word review.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos in January 2018.

Interview

I first applied online and was contacted a month later when I was told to record a video interview. After a couple days I received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was relatively easy and only lasted about 10 minutes. During the phone call, we set up a time for me to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was emailed the details about who I was supposed to meet, which included about 4 people (the project director, vice president, etc.). I had 2 separate interviews with the 4 people which were divided into 2 and 2 which lasted about half an hour each. I thought the interview went relatively well but I received an email a few days later saying I did not receive a job offer.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later. The whole process seemed disorganized. The recruiter gave me a few different time options for a phone interview, and I responded shortly after with my preferences. The recruiter didn't respond until the next day and said those times actually weren't available anymore and asked if we could do it in a few hours. I agreed. The interview was pretty easy and straightforward and mostly asked about my past experiences.

The recruiter ended the call by saying that if I was selected, the in-person interview would be the following week. I explained that I would be out of town that particular day and couldn't change my travel plans on that short of notice, and asked if there was an alternate time. The recruiter said that I could maybe go in for the interview day during the following month, but we'd cross that bridge if we came to it.

I was emailed a couple days later and invited to the in-person interview on the day previously mentioned. I explained my situation again and expressed that I was still interested, and asked if I could interview during an alternate time. No response. I followed up again to make sure the recruiter got my email, and again no response. I followed up one more time later that week and still no response.

I've never had an experience like this. I was surprised that they only give two days notice for an all-day interview on a non-negotiable date, and disappointed that the recruiter became completely unresponsive. It certainly left a negative impression, and I don't plan to apply again.

Interview Questions

• What other types of jobs are you applying for right now?   Answer Question

Research Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted resume online. Got a call a couple months later. Talked with hr via phone then got scheduled to meet different teams. At in-person interview, met with hr first then potential boss and team member.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

Not extremely formal process was done all over the phone or through Skype. I had to reach out after the first round interview to say that I was still interested for a chance at the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between qualitative and quantitative data?   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ipsos (Bloomfield Hills, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a video interview where I had to record my answers to interview questions. The whole thing was pretty uncomfortable, but the questions were basic.

I was kind of disappointed when they told me based on my answers that I will not qualify for another interview even though the video interview went well and I answered their questions to expectation. I thought that there would be additional follow up just based on the fact that I didn't talk to anyone, just to a program.

Interview Questions

• What are you challenges working with data? Why do you want to work in the market research industry? Describe a time when you used a creative solution to a problem. Describe a time when it was important for you to pay attention to detail.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipsos in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very long and extensive. I had 3 phone interviews and heard back from each of the interviews fairly quick. And then I had an in person interview where I met with 3 different people. Ask the basic interview questions and pretty informal. They said I would hear back either way. I hadn't heard back for a week so I emailed the HR and no response. I emailed the HR again a week later and no response so I assume I had just been ghosted. HR finally emailed me back more than 3 weeks later asking to speak on the phone. HR called me after all that time to let me know they went with another candidate. Very weird....