KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Key Benefit Administrators CEO Larry Dust
Larry Dust

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No profit sharing, 401k management is a ripoff.(in 8 reviews)
  • "There have been three major layoffs in my time, what they do is hire a ton of people and then in 6 months seem to do a massive layoff.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Some employees may not be able to handle the workload, but the Customer Service Manager is always offering overtime as well.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that walks their talk...

Jun 13, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is truly unique where employee value is top priority with a truly engaged executive team.

Cons

Not much to share here... haven't found on yet.

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for sharing your perspective! I can attest that the executive team is highly engaged in understanding the feedback from our employees and making KBA a top workplace for everyone. Thank you!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Customer Service

May 17, 2022 - Customer Service Representative II
    Business Outlook

Pros

work from home work life balance opportunities for growth

Cons

Change of staff can be hard

3. 1.0
    Current Employee

Worst Management I have ever seen.

Jun 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A few amazing co-workers. Low cost Insurance.

Cons

Everything else you can imagine.

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am really disappointed to read this as HR is here to help and I really can't imagine any of our managers saying something like that! Glad to hear you are enjoying the benefit program and your co-workers - please reach out to HR for your other concerns and we would be happy to assist!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

Feb 25, 2022 - Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

KBA is a great company, family oriented and a company that truly cares for the employees and clients. The CEO keeps his word and I can personally attest to that. You get out of work what you put into it. KBA is a strong company that cares. You have flexability, training, and they are always working to improve.

Cons

Every job has down sides...my advise is take them and learn from them.

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your employment with KBA! We appreciate your insights and the ideas you mentioned. Thank you for being part of the Key Family!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great Small Company

Jan 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life family time ratio, understanding,

Cons

Archaic software, too many divisions

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for KBA!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work; truly a family environment

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Senior management genuinely cares about all employees and often goes out of their way to ensure everyone at every level is properly cared for - Employees are encouraged to critically think and find new ways to streamline processes and disrupt the industry - Management is extremely flexible with work life balance, allowing a majority of employees to work remotely

Cons

- A majority distributed workforce occasionally makes collaboration cumbersome

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience at KBA! We are glad to have you with us!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Utilization Review

Nov 23, 2021 - Utilization Review Nurse in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the company and my immediate boss. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Can be a con working from home if u need face to face contact or help.

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time with KBA! We always appreciate hearing from our current employees! I know video calls aren't quite the same as in-person meetings so we continue to look for additional ways to engage our remote workforce. Thanks for all you do for KBA!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Medium Sized Company w/Small Company Feel

Dec 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Key Benefit Administrators' identity is its small-company, family atmosphere. The owner and officers are approachable and are in the office daily. The company has promoted working from home for some time now. This philosophy helped us to keep things running smoothly when we all were working from home at the beginning of the COVID crisis. KBA prides itself on this culture. Unfortunately, during this pandemic, that culture has been tested by minimal in-office presence. However, the executive staff has come up with ways to celebrate our culture remotely. It may not be quite the same as holiday luncheons, spirit days, etc., but we are able to participate in activities that bring us all together. The company has published 10 core values. These were developed in the early days of the company and have been the backbone of the operations ever since. I have worked in companies similar in culture to KBA, and in large companies where you are a number. This company does it right. The company also promotes learning with a robust online learning tool featuring an extensive library of training courses.

Cons

Being a smaller company with a good rate of retention, possibilities for advancement are somewhat limited. Due to the size of the business, your work, good and bad, is more visible. If you are one who likes to remain in the shadows, do your work and go home, it may not be the place for you.

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for the detailed review of the work life at KBA! Very nice write up of several of the things we are proud of as part of our workplace culture. Thank you for being part of the Key Family!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Oct 6, 2021 - Client Support in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room to grow and offer ideas.

Cons

None at the moment, great company!

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for KBA! Happy to hear you have career growth opportunities and you feel you can share your ideas here. We appreciate you!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Positive Environment

Oct 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

KBA is a family oriented company.

Cons

There are no downsides to KBA

Vice President, Human Resources

We LOVE hearing from our current employees! Thanks for leaving a review for KBA!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews

Key Benefit Administrators Reviews FAQs

Key Benefit Administrators has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 142 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Key Benefit Administrators to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Key Benefit Administrators employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Key Benefit Administrators. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

80% of Key Benefit Administrators employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Key Benefit Administrators 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Key Benefit Administrators to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation, workplace, management.

Popular Careers with Key Benefit Administrators Job Seekers