KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 3, 2021

3.9
Key Benefit Administrators CEO Larry Dust
Larry Dust
Pros
  • "The ability to work from home is also a big plus(in 41 reviews)

• "Excellent training and a fun work environment(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Every company has some cons but KBA handles these issues better than most so I have no complaints(in 15 reviews)

• "The only con I have is that I will not get to see all the nice people when I am working from home(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place you'd love to work!

Jun 3, 2021 - Client Vice President in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the very top of the company, all the way across and down the culture is how to support, improve and make everyone successful!!! The focus is on the company's success and that of its employees!

Cons

I have no cons for KBA, my only con is that COVID has stopped face-to-face meetings and I love being with my clients!

Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks for the great feedback on your experience working at KBA! I am sure your clients miss you as well!

2. 5.0

KBA is a Family

Apr 23, 2021 - Team Leader in Fort Mill, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the time I've worked at KBA, there have been many Pro's and some have changed throughout the years, but I'll list them all here: KBA is very much a family atmosphere (people here care about each other) KBA is very flexible, with the work from home capabilities, you can often juggle your schedule to fit your (your families) needs depending on the position. KBA cares about the Service they provide; there is a lot of training and information provided to be successful at your job.

Cons

The only con I really have is that the busiest time of the year is around the holidays, but that's not really a KBA thing, it's an industry thing.

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review and for sharing your feedback on your career at KBA! It is great to see that the company culture and family atmosphere have made an impact on you in your time with the Key Family! Yes the 4th quarter in the insurance industry is a busy time for sure! Thanks for all you do as part of the Key Family - we appreciate you!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Medium Sized Company w/Small Company Feel

Dec 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Key Benefit Administrators' identity is its small-company, family atmosphere. The owner and officers are approachable and are in the office daily. The company has promoted working from home for some time now. This philosophy helped us to keep things running smoothly when we all were working from home at the beginning of the COVID crisis. KBA prides itself on this culture. Unfortunately, during this pandemic, that culture has been tested by minimal in-office presence. However, the executive staff has come up with ways to celebrate our culture remotely. It may not be quite the same as holiday luncheons, spirit days, etc., but we are able to participate in activities that bring us all together. The company has published 10 core values. These were developed in the early days of the company and have been the backbone of the operations ever since. I have worked in companies similar in culture to KBA, and in large companies where you are a number. This company does it right. The company also promotes learning with a robust online learning tool featuring an extensive library of training courses.

Cons

Being a smaller company with a good rate of retention, possibilities for advancement are somewhat limited. Due to the size of the business, your work, good and bad, is more visible. If you are one who likes to remain in the shadows, do your work and go home, it may not be the place for you.

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for the detailed review of the work life at KBA! Very nice write up of several of the things we are proud of as part of our workplace culture. Thank you for being part of the Key Family!

4. 4.0

Great opportunity

Apr 28, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, they hire within, most team members are supportive and they acknowledge your good work.

Cons

they don’t hire enough so the work load is ridiculously high even for the pay. Communication is horrible and they listen to all your calls and have meetings about them at random.. training is long & still doesn’t prepare you.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review based on your short time with KBA. I am happy you found the team members supportive and that your work was appreciated while you were with us! We do audit a percentage of the calls to ensure quality for our members but I am sorry you felt the communication was lacking. Thank you for sharing your perspective as it helps us become a better place to work for our employees.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Place

May 14, 2021 - Customer Service Specialist in Fort Mill, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is supportive and training is great.

Cons

Not many growth opportunities within the organization.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Growth Opportunities from a Caring Employer

Mar 29, 2021 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to grow within the company Amazing support from co-workers and management Leadership Development courses taught by Executive Staff Excellent Training and Continuing Education Courses offered Remote working opportunities for some positions

Cons

none at this moment. Thanks for all you do to keep making improvements!

Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks for the great review of your time working for KBA! We love hearing from our current employees about their work experience and I am thrilled that you have experienced growth within the company and feel supported in your role through various work opportunities including the leadership training! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

7. 5.0

Amazing Support During COVID

Nov 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't say enough about how this company has supported the employees and provided flexibility to accommodate all the changes this year due to COVID. From setting everyone up to work from home to the most recent benefit providing professional tutoring services to employees with students at home, KBA has really tried to do everything to support employees and their families. The CEO has sent out numerous communications reassuring the employees and providing updates on the business in an effort to ease the stress of all the changes this year. It is times like this where the family culture and true heart of the leadership shines through. I don't know of many other companies that have gone to the extent KBA has to provide a safe place and flexible options for employees to work while actually adding benefits to help us all through this time.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are the outside factors on the industry as a whole and not from anything internal to KBA.

3 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for the positive feedback!

8. 1.0

Be Careful

May 20, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is nice

Cons

Good Ole boys atmosphere. Management posts jobs when they already know whom they are planning on hiring for that position. It is who you know for all promotions.

Vice President, Human Resources

I am sorry you feel that way. Promotion opportunities are posted so that any internal employee can apply and all applicants are given consideration, but the selection process is based on who is the best fit for the job. I am happy to hear you are enjoying the work from home flexibility of your role.

9. 4.0

Good Company to Work For

Mar 31, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Co-Workers, Independence, Motivational, Work at Home

Cons

Changes constantly with insurance through no fault of their own

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience working for KBA! I am glad you felt the benefit program, your co-workers and the opportunity to work from home were all positives for you.

10. 5.0

KBA lives by the Core Values

Jan 8, 2021 - Customer Care in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

KBA CEO is always looking for creative solutions to the Employer groups to provide offerings. He does soo much for the Employees. For example, an Employee lost her husband due to COVID and he called her personally and talked with her. He also is encouraging Mgmt to increase the awareness of the KBA Core Values.

Cons

No Con to think of. KBA Mgmt does what they can to keep turnover to a minimum and be flexible, especially in these COVID times.

Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for the review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 131 Reviews