NetSuite Reviews | Glassdoor

NetSuite President, CEO, and Director Zach Nelson
Zach Nelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is minimal although management is working hard to hire more skilled people to add value (in 14 reviews)

• As of the moment, undoubtedly none so far (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Coming Challenges"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

FANTASTIC product
    Some of the smartest and fun people I have ever worked with
    Fair Compensation
    Relaxed work environment
    Good life/work balance

Cons

Leadership communication - tunnel vision and does not accept messaging that conflicts with what they want to hear or accomplish
    Too many cooks in the kitchen - when something is determined is a priority, a whole new organization within the company is created. Very top heavy for non revenue employees, especially in the services organization
    Cross department collaboration can be very challenging and frustrating. People are great to talk to and work with, but ultimately each department or vertical business unit has only their own interest of target achievement at heart

Advice to Management

More and Faster is the mantra but comes at the cost of employee and customer success. We are already seeing an exedus of talent that helped us to get where we are today, being replaced with cheaper, inexperienced (although talented) resources. The gas that fueled growth is quickly dissipating and leaving a very fearful and highly political environment, which always leads to slowed achievement and long term decline.

2. "180 Degree Turn For Culture @ Full Throttle"

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Rapid expansion of teams size, responsibilities, logo additions, and resources because of "Oracle Money".
    -Oracle stock on the rise as always.
    -Talented, process-oriented, and up-to-date co-workers
    -All tools and solutions are cutting edge.
    -Beautiful work life balance
    -Free drinks and coffee
    -Everyone is tolerant of your mistakes and will help you get towards your quarterly goals
    -Quiet/Busy offices and party-minded co-workers @ afterhours or on mid-day breaks
    -Enthusiastic, knowledgeable leaders
    -Original employees still remain around.
    -REAL Cloud Company. Not some dyno or AWS run company.

Cons

-No training on the job.
    -Not openly inviting employees to Oracle trainings
    -Lots of offshoring going on. This taxes US employees work schedules and eventually you will see them being less efficient or turning over
    -Company is emphasizing sales impacts waaaay too much and has a sales-oriented mindset. This is really risky for proper growth. Are we more concerned about creating an image or product? Will the boasted image result in rapid, but makeshift (at best, watered-down) product development? Yes it can and historically has for many companies. You only hear news about sales successes, and business terms thrown around. The backbone of the company such as infrastructure, billings, and other areas have been sidelined and under-compensated. You need to strike a balance,
    -Needs resting pods.
    -Needs free food occasionally

Advice to Management

-Focus on Product talent growth, introducing technical training for existing Product employees, and more hackathons
    I would like cross-team training also.

3. "Human Resources Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at NetSuite full-time

Pros

Fabulous people. All rowing in the same direction!

Cons

Not much to complain about!

Advice to Management

Try to keep NetSuite as whole as possible as you navigate Oracle

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great products.

Cons

Now Oracle, not bad just different

"Dishonest Management Team"

I worked at NetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

I worked at NetSite on the Infrastructure side of the business and left shortly after the merger with Oracle. I have 20+ years of experience and I'm a combat veteran. In the lead up to the merger event it became quite clear that NetSuite was attempting to reduce the head-count. Some of the methods they employed:
    1. Giving poor reviews to solid employees
    2. Giving very low raises to good employees
    3. Conducting a reorganization to promote uncertainty within the organization

It appeared as though end goal of these actions was to reduce the head-count to increase the payout for the management team.

6. "Generous Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Netsuite offers a very competitive package. Aside from that, there are other benefits not just for the employees but even for their dependents/family. Most of the leaders (especially my boss) are very open-minded. There's a constant communication within the team. In Netsuite, you work hard and play hard at the same time.

Cons

Lack of training for professional development for some general and admin position/level and some processes still need improvements.

Advice to Management

n/a

"NetSuite was great until Oracle took over"

I worked at NetSuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NetSuite was a great company to work for. They had great benefits, good pay, and they were generous with time off.

Cons

NetSuite was bought by Oracle, and everything that was great about NetSuite was taken away. They dropped us from Salary to Hourly, they cut our time off in half, the benefits changed, and the worst part was that they treated us like a number and not like people. I loved my job before Oracle took over, and I hated my job after a few months of Oracle ownership. I had to leave.

Advice to Management

You should have never sold to Oracle. They ruined NetSuite.

8. "Operations"

I have been working at NetSuite full-time

Pros

Seems like a good company where they may be opportunity to grow. Not sure yet.
    Can work from home once a week but would be nice to have that option more often. once a person has established & proven their worth, of course.

They offer several goodies in the break rooms: coffee, tea, fruit, snacks....

Cons

Having recently been bought by Oracle, self-service is their mantra when it comes to new hires. While the concept is good, it can be quite over-whelming to try to find the right 'person/team' when you need help. TONS of processes to follow & navigate thru. Mandatory Oracle training, in addition to NetSuite training is quite a lot, 'and' you do it on your own.

Department training could use improvement. They really need to have a training plan in place. New colleague isn't much of a talker & even less of a trainer so not viewed as a go-to person yet.

Advice to Management

I strongly suggest having a Mentor for the first 30 days for all new hires. It can be extremely frustrating trying to figure everything out. Also, some basic things should be provided, not just a laptop, but a docking station, monitor, etc... instead of having to do the self-service option on your own!

9. "Software Engineer"

I worked at NetSuite full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance if one chooses. Pay and benefits better than most. There are some brilliant people working there, and many are completely approachable.

Cons

Small compartmentalized teams on large code base. Political buy in far more important than technical reasons for decisions made by remote teams.

Advice to Management

Keep being good to your people. The chains may be a bit deep, but the technical knowledge and conversations across levels and have great value, as many of the managers implemented some of the code being discussed in years past.

10. "Generally Positive"

I have been working at NetSuite full-time

Pros

Good team spirit
    Great leadership
    Flexible hours

Cons

Long release cycle
    Inefficient release process