Nextiva Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Nextiva CEO Tomas Gorny
Tomas Gorny

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing and developing a ton of new products which is very exciting" (in 18 reviews)

• "Nextiva’s a great work environment and the company cares for people with kids" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "When I first started there were probably 75 account executives on the floor trying to break the elusive "" (in 7 reviews)

• "I think the customer service department has some really gifted people and the company can do a much better job in getting the most of out of everyone" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Big goals and exciting vision but lots of work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I came to Nextiva right out of college so I don’t have much to compare but I think what stands out the most to me is the focus and drive of the leaders. And they are truly leaders too, which is cool. I feel that I can ask for advice and get good answers. I am well supported in my work and respect my managers and directors. I think that’s a pretty good foundation to begin with and I think it is setting me up for a great career too.

Cons

I do think that remuneration and the process around it could be improved. There are people who don’t work as hard that I know have had pay increases beyond what I could command. Maybe it’s my lack of experience but I still believe that it’s not being handled as well as it could be.

Advice to Management

Overall I’m happy but as mentioned I think the process for understanding pay and pay rises could be improved. It all seems quite unclear at this point. It’s something that needs some attention or I think it could affect people long term.

"Great team environment, easy to learn platform"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about working at Nextiva is the amazing software development team, they have a solution for everything, and they all work together so well. I am happy to be a part of such a great group. It was a well-developed onboarding and really made it easy to settle in. Nextiva obviously have a lot of experience in hiring and training up new people!

Cons

Because Nextiva was only my second job out of school I can’t say I have a lot of experience with giving this kind of feedback. In my case I can’t think of any cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Make sure that you find a way to maintain the company and team culture despite the growth rate. It’s really a huge positive and I know that people really love it. It certainly will keep me here for a long time to come and I’m excited about my career opportunities too!

"Learnd a lot about customer service and customer centric design at Nextiva"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I was at Nextiva it had a really great atmosphere. I was an early employee there, hired during it's big hiring campaign when it first started experiencing a lot of growth. It was really different to my old workplace, and the main thing that stood out to me was customer service. There were some really genuine people in their customer support team, that made the customers life easier, and my life easier too. It was refreshing to work alongside them, and I learnt a lot about customer centric design and responding to customer’s needs. It was really challenging, but quite satisfying.

Cons

Nextiva really aimed high in what it was trying to deliver, but I didn't like that we would have giant launches planned, announced, etc. and then occasionally come in late. I hated coming in late, but I guess when you are trying to be as ambitious as Nextiva is that will happen sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep the staff that are really great with customers onboard and motivated. It was really good for other employees to work with them - it was a really great experience.

"Former employee. Happy with my time and experiences"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva (More than a year)

Pros

Our team was very focused on service and the customer. It was a real priority in the company to make sure customers are happy and I hadn’t seen this before in any other company. Training was focused on making sure the idea of amazing service never gets missed. Most of the people in the office felt like they had to do a good job with customer service since the entire company is founded on that principle. Customers were happy with the service and I got to learn about all types of different businesses and how they function as a result. What stands out to me, especially looking back at all of this, is that Nextiva’s roots in caring are so strong that it is really positioned to grow more and do better. Frankly, I read and hear about the good things that are happening there but the company should be in a much bigger place by now. None of its competitors are doing what they do. The care for customers is unmatched. I even remember a story where someone in the customer service department helped a customer of a competitor, Ring central, because the customer didn’t like Ring central’s service and heard good things about Nextiva but couldn’t switch because the Ring central customer was in a three year contract with them. And even with the customer using Ring central’s service, Nextiva was able to help that business out and fixed their issue. This type of stuff is mind blowing when I think about it and makes me proud of being a part of the Nextiva family.

Cons

The interviewing process was longer than expected. I applied online. I had to meet with 4 people and from the day I applied to when I was hired took a month. I feel like that process could have been much smoother and faster. There’s no good logic for why a process like that needs to take a month. Most other companies I’ve interviewed with move faster and offer better communication about where things stand.

Advice to Management

Do more for former employees. Have an alumni program and allow us all to connect more. I can tell you that from my perspective, even though I moved away and don’t work at Nextiva anymore, I still see news about Nextiva and it makes me happy about the company. There are great people I’ve met at Nextiva and I want to continue to keep the friendships with some sort of alumni or former employee network.

"Awesome Culture!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people and culture really make you want to come back every day. Catered breakfast and lunches every week and awesome company parties. Cool swag they give out, too.

Cons

None at the present time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Good atmosphere"

Former Employee - Support Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Support Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Nextiva seems super busy and driven, but still somehow quite chilled out. It was a really nice vibe to be working in. Lots of little perks; free food, some cool team building things, it was fun. quite different to other places I'd worked in.

Cons

I took a pay cut to come to Nextiva, as I heard it was growing and I wanted to expand my experience base.

Advice to Management

The little perks seemed to have a big impact on morale; I was really impressed.

"Great benefits, good for families."

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a new Dad and my first concern when starting with Nextiva was that I wanted to have some more flexibility and balance in my work hours. My manager was really good about this and I’ve been able to be there for my son and wife while still fulfilling my job responsibilities. It’s been great!

Cons

Timelines get pushed, a lot. I am used to hitting my deadlines and I feel that sometimes others are not as committed. This means launch deadlines are pushed out and it can be frustrating. I don’t know how to avoid this, as it was a problem at my old job too but sometimes it really gets to me.

Advice to Management

Find a way to push some of the more “relaxed” people so that they reach their targets. It’s a real de-motivator when you’ve worked hard to hit your goals and end up taking the work off others who are, in my opinion, lazy. I know it’s hard to do it but it’s important to maintaining the standard of excellence.

"Lots happening, an awesome time to be part of Nextiva"

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really bought into the company values, and goals when I was at Nextiva. I felt Tomas had a really clear picture of what the company was trying to achieve, and (for the first time) I saw that trickle down and drive what we were all doing in our day to day. It didn't just feel like lip service or empty words. The perks were really good, it's not much, but free food really makes my life less hassle, and I really enjoyed all the company events. Things moved really quickly, and it kept me interested. At Nextiva, our team was turning things around much faster than I ever thought possible, we had a great culture and thrived on getting things done.

Cons

A good thing about working here is that everyone’s opinions are sought after and considered - great for feeling included, bad for making decisions quickly as often a lot of good options and hard to determine the best path.

Advice to Management

None in particular, I really enjoyed my time here, it was exciting and a fun place to work where we really got stuff done.

"Love the office"

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it’s really nice work environment. I really enjoying going to work and even look forward to it some days. It’s quite an improvement from my old job.

Cons

None. You get to meet a lot of different people. The best part of the job is that you get to be yourself and make money at the same time.

Advice to Management

It would be good if they had an onsite daycare option, or even a care option nearby the office. I have a young child and would like to be able to stop by during lunch but it’s not possible as there is nothing nearby. It’s a long shot but I think a lot of the women with young kids would benefit and it’s such a great benefit to be able to offer.

"Positive Growth"

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team here are super smart. It’s amazing how in depth their knowledge is and I’m learning so much. I’m really grateful for the opportunity to work here and I know I’ll be gaining so much from my time here. Just a great environment and upbeat attitudes from everyone.

Cons

It’s a little intimidating working around such smart people. I sometimes don’t totally understand what they’re all talking about!

Advice to Management

Technical training for the non-technical roles. It would be good to get some onboarding to help non-tech people get some background on the tools. I think I’ll pick things up over time but it makes the first few weeks and months a little intense as you’re trying to figure things out as you learn your job too.