Nextiva Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nextiva CEO Tomas Gorny
Tomas Gorny

Pros
Cons
  • What do I mean by temporary account executives (in 6 reviews)

• I really don't have anything bad to say (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Nextiva is a very fast moving / competitive leader in the industry expanding far beyond voip technologies. Priorities, direction of work and time-lines can and do change as the market demands for it. This is directly reflected on the development team.

Some would view this as a Con but to me this is definitely what makes working here challenging and fulfilling. You're not sitting at your desk doing the same 'black box' work every day. Everything you do is directly reflected in other departments - sales, support, etc - you see it in action every day. You hear the kudos and the criticism - and both is great for growth and knowing you're doing well at your job.

There is a ton of opportunity for growth and this is directly, just like any other company, related to your drive and to how much work / responsibility you're willing to take on. Hard work and dedication does pay off.

Challenges - a definite pro IMO. There's never a shortage of learning new things and expanding your knowledge. I've learned a lot since I started working here and definitely built up my skill-set more than I would ever expect.

People - great! Nextiva's development team has grown significantly and everyone gets along pretty well. Great interaction with other departments as well. People are friendly and everyone is always willing to help before you even ask for it.

Compensation - work hard + produce results = how you get to where you want to be. Nextiva is competitive in this respect.

Perks? Yes there are perks to working for Nextiva and it's all about great people to me. There are company organized lunches, breakfast, bagels, ice cream etc - but those things IMO shouldn't be considered an expectation. It's simply a way for Nextiva to give an extra thanks for hard work.

Overall? Would I do this again? Most definitely! All things considered, this is the job I've been looking for and definitely see myself being here for a long time. Finding a good work/life balance is important for any job. Set yourself up for success and work efficiently and you will achieve that.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say. Nextiva is a business. Growth takes being nimble, flexible, a team player as well as having talent. It only makes sense to demand same of your employees. In return you get all the pros I mentioned above. Nothing unusual here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing whatever you're doing. We've come a long way.

Jun 3, 2016 – VP, Marketing

Hi there, thank you for leaving this positive review! It's great to read your feedback, and please feel free to email culture@nextiva.com with any specific ideas you have that you'd like to share. ... More

2. "Company rating"

I have been working at Nextiva full-time

Pros

I've got awesome coworkers and like the speed things move at. People are genuine.

Cons

I can't really say that I have any to share from my personal experience.

Feb 20, 2017 – VP, Marketing

Thanks for the positive review!

"Great Company, No Advancement Opportunities"

Former Employee - Tier I Support in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Tier I Support in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly Co-Workers, Free Breakfast on Mondays, and Free lunch on fridays, Great location, easy to access, and great company atmosphere

Cons

No real chance for advancement, Applied many times to different departments was turned down multiple time. Issues with payment, The new agents and tenured agents make the same ammount of money, and you feel like your stagnent, with no way out.

Advice to Management

Give more opportunies to grow, stop forcing tenured employees to pickup the slack and not promote them.

Feb 17, 2017 – VP, Marketing

Hi and thank you for leaving your feedback. We agree that we have a great team, and promote an amazing company environment. We place high importance on helping our team members advance at Nextiva ... More

5. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time

Pros

I loved the culture of the company. I love learning and I love the challenges. Good benefits, constant learning, motivation. It was fast paced and wasnt where I wanted to be long term, The office was clean and the drive was good for me.

Cons

Can't transition into that I dont see anything bad, I thought the people were chill and good to be around. I have been passionate about cars and didnt feel like nextiva and tech was going to be right for me for the long run. I had to get a job when I submitted my resume to nextiva but then got the chance to work more more on cars so I took it.

Feb 7, 2017 – VP, Marketing

We appreciate the time you have taken in leaving this positive review! We are passionate about our culture, and are grateful to work with such an incredible team every day. We wish you well on your ... More

6. "Implementation Manager"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Overall:
    - Company atmosphere is very positive and fun
    - Great people to work with (coworkers and management)
    - Meals provided (Monday breakfast and Friday Lunch)

Position-specific:
    - Challenging but rewarding position
    - Looks great on a resume

Cons

Company Overall:
    - Can be a bit under-staffed at times (this is most likely growing pains due to fast growth of the company, so not a huge negative but needs to be addressed)

Position-specific:
    - Position is very demanding and leads to quite of bit of in-and-out of other IMs
    - Pay not quite where it should be for the demands of the position
    - Work-life balance is very skewed in favor of work (not the type of job that would work easily for someone with many outside of work commitments or that wants to work and be in school at the same time)

Advice to Management

Overall, very enjoyable company to work for, but the Cons can cause current employees to keep an eye out for new and better opportunities

Feb 20, 2017 – VP, Marketing

Hi, and thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear that the team and the work environment that we all have cultivated has provided you with a great place to work. Please reach out to ... More

7. "Nextiva"

I have been working at Nextiva full-time

Pros

Good mix of fun and work
    Actually cares for team
    Ran the rock n roll marathon with my colleagues yesterday
    Days go by really fast
    Food in the office
    Good contests

Cons

I have many good things to say
    Can't complain about it

Feb 7, 2017 – VP, Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review!

"The Real Deal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nextiva seems to have a strong foundation when it comes to their product line. I've witnessed a continuous increase in customers and employees. I've watched as the company has gone from around 200 employees to over 500. The culture I think has shifted due to this. It seems a little more professional, more structured, but still fun. They really try with all the extras to make employees feel valued. There have been opportunities for me to move up and I am always seeing internal positions posted and people moving into new roles, which is encouraging.

Cons

Sometimes things change quickly which effects structure and communication, but I think this is a typical challenge of a growing tech company. As the company changes in size it changes the internal team dynamics. There can be short periods of discomfort during changes or additional pressure applied, but it's all in an effort to make the team and company better. Overall, this is still the best place I've ever worked. I've grown immensely during my time at Nextiva and that is all thanks to leadership who's given me the space to grow, learn, and try new things. If you want to be taken seriously here you do have to show you're willing to work hard and continue that behavior. There's no room for laziness or excuses, there is too much to get done!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're on the right track.

Feb 7, 2017 – VP, Marketing

Thank you for your positive feedback. We value the time that you have invested with Nextiva, and are proud to hear that you've had a great experience. Please let us know if you have any ideas to ... More

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Nextiva thus far has been a great experience for me. When I started I did not know anything about the product and have received all the tools I need to be successful in the field and with this company. The best thing that I like about Nextiva is how approachable everybody is including upper management. Everybody works as a team to succeed and I am happy to come to work each day. The opportunities to grow are endless and everybody is treated as an equal. Some of my best friends have came from working here and I look forward to what the future holds!

Cons

I can say honestly that there really arent any cons I can think of. I come from a completely different company and atmosphere and Nextiva has been a breath of fresh air day in and day out.

Feb 7, 2017 – VP, Marketing

We appreciate your feedback, and are proud to hear of your positive experience with Nextiva. We strive to create an equal opportunity environment every day, and encourage you to let us know if you ... More

10. "Fast growing and good business"

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work on new technologies. Smart people in the office. Good business. Future is bright. Supports the non profits in Arizona. Training has improved a lot. When the company has an area that it needs to improve on.. it doesn't last for a long time. Things move quickly. No politics or office drama situations. My brother works here.

Cons

I can't complain. This is the best company I've ever been a part of.

Feb 7, 2017 – VP, Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your positive feedback, and encourage you to reach out to us with any suggestions that you may have in continuing to build our culture and brand.

11. "Nextiva review"

I have been working at Nextiva full-time

Pros

Great company if you're looking to grow your career. Great at customer service.

Cons

Not the company for people that don't like change. The environment gets stressful.

Feb 7, 2017 – VP, Marketing

Thanks for the positive review!