Nextiva Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Nextiva CEO Tomas Gorny
Tomas Gorny

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing and developing a ton of new products which is very exciting" (in 18 reviews)

• "Nextiva’s a great work environment and the company cares for people with kids" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "When I first started there were probably 75 account executives on the floor trying to break the elusive "" (in 7 reviews)

• "I think the customer service department has some really gifted people and the company can do a much better job in getting the most of out of everyone" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Nextiva Channel Manager"

Current Employee - Channel Manager
    Current Employee - Channel Manager

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the company that I want to be with for the remainder of my career. I've been in channel for over 20 years and have seen companies sell, go public, and go out of business. This is the first company where people in the company are appreciated and the product works well. To me, that's what I want to bring to the table when meeting with my partners. After talking to Ira, I learned about the plans to grow and the level of investment going into channel. I've seen channel relationships get burned easily and I was impressed by the customer service passion that lives at Nextiva. The events, Nextcon conference, customer service, reputation, and products I know that Nextiva will only grow bigger. Other companies in the space just don't get it. That's why I joined and I've been impressed with everything I've seen so far. I haven't met the ceo but from the emails he's sent and everything I've read, this is the kind of company every service provider needs to take notes from. If they're not copying Nextiva already, I bet they will be soon. I have always been a remote employee. Before this I was at Windstream and I would rarely get company communication updates. I would also see or hear from my department head twice a year. I would spend more time dealing with my unhappy customers and partners instead of growing the revenue and meeting my sales goals. I will say that my peers were hard working and smart at Windstream, but the company just didn't care about its people. So when I think about where I am now and what I was doing last year, I am very pleased. Nextiva has motivated me to do great work.
    One last thing I'll say about this company is that they get the fact that you need to update your infrastructure and features. You can't rely on tech that 10 years old anymore. It's not going to result in wins. Reliability is top tier and Nextiva keeps launching new features to make the company better for its customers. Whereas the speed of new features at every company before this was slow.

Cons

The more schwag we can get to give to our partners, the better. I've never heard a partner complain about receiving too much schwag. The worst case scenario is that they give it to someone else in their office or family. The quality of the schwag must be high and the variety needs to be good. Our schwag looks good but we need more. People notice the free stuff you give them and if it's high quality they will use it more and turns into free marketing. It makes people feel positive about your brand when they use it and if other people see your schwag, they may want it as well or it will lead to people wanting to learn more about your company. I can't think of a more effective way to market today. We need to get better with schwag. I want to see every partner at Nextiva rocking the Nextiva schwag all the time. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a potential or active partner representing a competitor. Even though I have strong relationships with my partners, schwag can get them to appreciate a competitor quickly.
    We need to get better with this.

Advice to Management

I wrote more than most people would want to read. Read my notes about the schwag and nearly always do the opposite to what Windstream did. Bring channel managers to the office in Arizona more often. Once a quarter sounds right.

Jan 31, 2018 – Director of HR

Wow! Thank you so much for this amazing review that reinforces our rapid growth, and our strive to offer only the best quality service to not only our customers, but also to our employees - channel... More

"Fantastic place to work with great growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Management in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Management in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The most valuable aspect of working at Nextiva is the people. I’ve met great people here and so many of the people are welcoming. We care about each other and it’s genuine. This is something special and I hope it’s never forgotten. I’ve never seen a company run like this and have such a real atmosphere.

Cons

Balancing work and life is difficult, especially when I first started working here. You learn over time, but it wasn’t easy for me.

Dec 4, 2018 – Director of HR

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review! We strive to create an amazing company culture, and take great pride in the environment we’ve cultivated. While we place great emphasis on... More

3. "Account Executive"

I worked at Nextiva full-time

Pros

Good pay with free food every Monday and Friday. management very positive.

Cons

Cold calling and dialing at least 100 customers per day. Getting yelled at or hung up on almost every call.

4. "Speed is fast. Always."

I have been working at Nextiva full-time

Pros

From the day I joined, I’ve always believed that Nextiva is special. Things move fast and people actually care about each other here. This is something you don’t see at any other company, at least not like this. It’s a team environment and the love is real. Companies don’t usually grow this fast and I think it’s primarily due to how important amazing service is. People at other companies like to talk about caring for others and customers, but this right here at Nextiva is some special stuff. There is a daily focus on doing good things and that builds up as time goes on and the company grows. For some people, I’ve learned that Nextiva requires a change in their philosophy of work. There are lots of bright people here, but they’re all empathetic and humble. This is a fabulous company and I’m excited for the road ahead.

Cons

Cons are nonsense in my opinion. I learned something on the first day I joined during orientation and it has stuck with me ever since. If you see a problem, fix it. Don’t wait to be told what to do or let it linger. Act.
    It was Dave C. who mentioned that in training and it has stuck with me ever since.
    I cannot complain about anything.

Advice to Management

Always be willing to adapt. Just because Nextiva has grown fast, it doesn’t mean it will always be this way. I will do my part, but we have to be humble and recognize that the world always won’t look this way.

5. "This is a great company"

Former Employee - Sales in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Too many to list.

-Great salary!

-Wonderful Benefits!

-Great vacation time!

-Management knows what they are doing and the CEO cares about his employees.

-Just a fantastic company!

-Cutting edge technology!

Cons

Nothing to complain about! They treat their employees very well!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Empty Promises to Clients and Employees"

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- I'm trying my best to be honest and think of something positive but nothing comes to mind

Cons

- Unethical and illegal practices are commonplace.
    - Derogatory and offensive language is used openly.
    - Sexual harassment is frequent and out of control.
    - Leadership is not based on who has leadership skills; it is based on who was at the company at the right time. Management and HR have openly admitted that there is a leadership problem yet it is not corrected. Power is frequently abused for personal gain.
    - Workload is impossible to handle and management is aware but unwilling to do anything.
    - Sales team is large and frequently rotates. There are not nearly enough technical people to handle the business that the sales team brings in.
    - Promises are blindly made by sales team, whether or not they are technically possible and sales pushes to lock you into a contract before you ever talk to a technical person.
    - Several benefits such as massages, health fairs, etc are promised, but you will never be able to take advantage of these things due to an unmanageable work load.

Advice to Management

Clear out the current management team and start with a fresh team. Your current team is corrupt and the employees under them suffer greatly.

"I like where the company is going"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vision is bold. Tomas has a plan for where he wants Nextiva to go and the work that I’m doing with the product team is going to influence the future of business comms. The strategy and direction is inspiring. The company moves fast. The way I describe this to my wife is that whatever project that took 8 months at my previous company gets done in less than 2 weeks and the quality is higher. Things move fast for a variety of reasons and this is one of the best things about Nextiva. I believe that this will separate us from other companies in the long run. However the challenge of maintaining this while adding more people to the company will be a test.

Cons

Too often there are meetings without a real outcome or what ends up happening is that we meet on an issue, but with so many opinions, it gets tough to pick which direction we take. I’d say that we sometimes have too many cooks in the kitchen and it’s frustrating.

Advice to Management

I am not sure at this time. I will update this later.

Dec 4, 2018 – Director of HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Nextiva is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Arizona, and we wouldn’t be here without team members like you by our side. While... More

"Keep it Real"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I worked at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cold Stone Ice cream on Wednesday

Cons

*People
    *Low Pay
    *People in positions they dont belong
    *Culture is exact opposite of what they preach.

Advice to Management

There is nothing I say that will matter affect change.

Dec 18, 2018 – Director of HR

Hi there, we'd like to thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. We work hard to prioritize our employees, as they are our biggest asset, and strive to offer them the best work environment... More

"Account Executive"

I worked at Nextiva full-time

Pros

Free breakfast on mondays and lunch on fridays

Cons

Close rate when looking for leads are horrible

Advice to Management

Do not lie during interview about income potential

Dec 4, 2018 – Director of HR

Hi there - thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is appreciated. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have a positive experience while working at Nextiva. We take pride in our... More

"Rating"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the team I’m on. It’s the best group of people I’ve been around at work.

Cons

Priorities and plans change often. Where we need to focus as a team changes too much. It’s usually caused by an issue that’s identified.

Advice to Management

Find a way to provide feedback and coach quicker. Time off the phone hurts me from getting to goal. There are some people who are taking advantage of the trusting environment.

Dec 4, 2018 – Director of HR

Hi there and thank you for the review! We take great pride in our culture and the working environment we’ve created, so we’re happy to hear about your positive experience with us! We take all... More