Cover image for OhioHealth

70% Approve of CEO

Found 1,109 of over 1K reviews

OhioHealth President and Chief Executive Officer Stephen Markovich, MD
Stephen Markovich, MD

What people are saying about OhioHealth

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

134.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=OhioHealth~4657
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about OhioHealth? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with OhioHealth employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of OhioHealth and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Practice Administrator

Sep 7, 2022 - Practice Administrator in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, leadership, values, time off

Cons

Change management does not include those doing the job

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people

Feb 4, 2023 - Technician in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

great people flexibility team atmosphere

Cons

pay quality of facility time off

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're excited to hear you enjoy working at OhioHealth, especially with your team! We strive to create an inclusive and supportive environment where our associates feel heard and valued and are able to collaborate with those around them. One of our perks is work/life balance, where we ensure healthy, flexible scheduling opportunities and PTO benefits. We're sorry to hear that that was not your experience. Thank you again for your review and for all that you do at OhioHealth!

3. Join the OhioHealth team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

No support and bad management but the employee takes the blame

Dec 26, 2022 - Anatomic Pathology Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits and free parking for employees. I felt like they provided good financial support during covid. Low barrier to entry makes it a good place to get experience.

Cons

-They will overwork you and make you do 3 jobs for the price of one. The Grant location is the worst about this and one of the lab techs there enables this practice by insisting that it is standard to always "do the extra" despite not being compensated appropriately. -The level of staffing is unsafe. Concurrent procedures may be happening and you have to figure out how to be 2-3 places at once. -Management does not take the time to listen and understand problems. It is easy to be ignored or incorrectly accused of wrongdoing. -PPE usage is not strict enough for the amount of chemicals and biological substances we work with. -It is hard to get PTO approved because of staffing issues. There was only one person that was available to rotate to different locations.

Employer Branding

Thank you for leaving an honest review. We appreciate your feedback to help us improve. We're glad to learn that you took advantage of our benefits and support. Because of feedback like yours, we get better every day. This will help us more clearly take any necessary action. We wish you all the best with the next step in your career.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good and bad at GMC

Feb 3, 2023 - Physical Therapist Assistant in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Thoughtful and kind Rehab leadership

Cons

Pressure from higher ups on numbers over patient care.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We need feedback to learn about how we can improve. We're committed to ensuring our associates' and patients' needs are met with the highest quality of care and support. We appreciate you sharing your experience and will utilize your feedback for future improvement. We're delighted to hear that you enjoy working with your team! Thank you again for your review and for all the years you spent with OhioHealth.

6. 3.0

Poor upper management

Jan 26, 2023 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good teamwork on certain units

Cons

Pay is lower than others in the city, benefits became even worse this year. Raises or the market adjustment don’t even come close to covering the fluctuations in the cost of living. Seniority and retaining staff seems to mean very little, which is surprising seeing as how many units are short staffed.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Branding

Thank you for your transparency about your experience. We're determined to improve daily, so we genuinely value your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience at OhioHealth. We're committed to ensuring our associates feel heard and valued and are equipped with the resources they need to succeed in their roles. We're dedicated to continuing to make OhioHealth a great place to work, so we truly appreciate your honesty. Thank you again for your review and for all the time you spent with us.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Consistent

Jan 28, 2023 - Patient Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job is fairly easy and I can work from home.

Cons

Administrators and coworkers in office frequently do not communicate effectively leading our teams to sometimes work through chaos.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate feedback like yours so we can continue to make OhioHealth a great place to work. We strive to create an environment where our associates feel supported and are provided with the necessary resources to succeed. We hope you feel comfortable discussing your concerns with your manager. We're delighted to hear that you enjoy working at OhioHealth. We thank you for your review and for all the hard work you do with us.

8. 4.0

Great Company

Jan 30, 2023 - Medical Assistant in Marion, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Versatility in advancement opportunities and work/life balance.

Cons

Starting pay isn't great. Too much down time in offices.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We need feedback to continue to make OhioHealth a great place to work. We appreciate your honesty on our compensation and benefits. Input like yours will help us evolve in the future. At OhioHealth, we're dedicated to providing a supportive environment with career development opportunities for everyone to thrive. We also strive for a healthy work/life balance, so we're delighted to hear that that's been your experience. Thank you again for your review and for the time you spent with us!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Clinical Pharmacist

Jan 30, 2023 - Pharmacist in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

I felt valued by the company

Cons

Management often didn't listen to things the pharmacists needed

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We need feedback like yours to continue making OhioHealth a great workplace. We truly appreciate your honesty and will utilize your feedback to make improvements. We're happy to hear that you felt valued at OhioHealth. Our teams are important to us, and we strive to ensure our associates feel supported, heard, and valued, so we're delighted to hear that that was your experience. Thank you again for your review and all the years you spent with us!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Jan 25, 2023 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and flex schedule

Cons

Low pay bad maternity leave

Employer Branding

Thank you for being open with us. We want to hear from people like you to learn how we can do better. It's our priority to ensure that our associates are provided with the resources to succeed and be comfortable. We're sorry to hear that your experience did not reflect that. Feedback like yours will help us improve in the future. Thank you again for your review and for all the years you spent at OhioHealth.

11. 2.0
    Current Employee

Outsourced IT

Jan 2, 2023 - Epic Principal Trainer, Instruction and Design
    Business Outlook

Pros

In the past, the company has treated employees very well. Yearly pay increase (typically around 2%) annual Bonuses (typically around 5%). Offer a lot of benefits, but none is stellar. Good amount of time off that you can bank.

Cons

Lately making decisions about bottom line & NOT patient care. Outsourced over 80% of the IT. Compensation seems below average. No promotion in place. Hard to get into the company. Hard to move up in the company. Very messy structurally. Health benefits are a joke for being a very large health organization. Many other companies offer better health, dental & vision coverage than the health organization itself offers its own employees.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review. We're determined to improve daily, so we genuinely appreciate feedback like yours. We're disappointed to hear about your experience at OhioHealth. It's our priority that our associates feel valued, supported, and are given the tools and benefits to succeed and be comfortable. Your feedback will help us continue to make OhioHealth a great place to work. Thank you again for your review and for all that you do with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,109 Reviews
</>Embed

OhioHealth Reviews FAQs

OhioHealth has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,172 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at OhioHealth to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, OhioHealth employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at OhioHealth. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

70% of OhioHealth employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OhioHealth 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at OhioHealth to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with OhioHealth Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at OhioHealth? Share Your Experiences

OhioHealth logo

OhioHealth Careers

Cover image for OhioHealth

WE are more than a health system. WE are a belief system. WE are OhioHealth. A family of not-for-profit, faith-based hospitals and...More

• Our Mission

Company Updates

Logo

90 days ago

Company News
OhioHealth was celebrated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) at the 2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27) on November 10, 2022, for pledging ongoing action to decarbonize the health care sector and make health care facilities more resilient to the effects of climate change. “With this pledge we are aiming to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent by 2030 and achieving zero emissions by 2050,” said Steve Markovich, MD, President and CEO, OhioHealth. “This is a critical step in reducing our environmental footprint and mitigating the public health threat posed by the effects of climate change.”
Shared image - OhioHealth Signs Climate Pledge To Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Support of Equitable, Resilient Communities in the Face of Climate Change
newsroom.ohiohealth.com

OhioHealth Photos

+ Add Photo
OhioHealth photo of: An honoree walking the red carpet at OhioHealth Shopping Trip honoring 20+ year honorees
OhioHealth photo of: Associates taking a selfie with Steve, OhioHealth’s CEO, at the Columbus PRIDE parade
OhioHealth photo of: Associates help make dreams come true by organizing and facilitating a wedding for a COVID-19 patient while they were hospitalized
OhioHealth photo of: OhioHealth opened its newest Level II Catheterization Lab bringing a higher level of expert care closer to home.
OhioHealth photo of: The first OhioHealth Arts Collaborative Associate and Provider Art Gallery opened displaying artwork created by associates to promote healing and wellbeing.
OhioHealth photo of: OhioHealth medical professionals serving more than 10,000 runners as the 2022 OhioHealth Capital City Half and Quarter Marathon medical team.
OhioHealth photo of: Riverside Methodist Hospital

Cardinal Health Logo
Cardinal Health

3,930 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,172 OhioHealth reviews submitted anonymously by OhioHealth employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if OhioHealth is right for you.