KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 407 of over 434 reviews

4.1
OpenTable CEO Debby Soo
Debby Soo

What people are saying about OpenTable

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Met some great people and social life was not bad(in 68 reviews)
  • "Historically has had a great culture(in 45 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good in Operations as one is required to operate only during IST hours.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Competitive benefits package(in 23 reviews)
  • "OpenTable has an amazing company culture that I could not imagine matching at many other companies.(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of OpenTable and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company I’ve worked for so far

Apr 11, 2022 - Senior Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture No micro management Good work life balance

Cons

compensation could be comparable to the top companies in the bay

2. 5.0

Great Start, New Opportunities

Mar 10, 2022 - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The AE New Hire Training was very effective and helped prepare me for going into the field and start pitching to restaurant operators based in the anatomy of a sale at OT.

Cons

No formal salesforce training to follow up the NHT. I was encouraged to get in the field and figure that out as it came. I reached out to some veterans on my team for help but that took a lot of time and was reactive. I have not attended/shadowed a veteran AE in their market to see time management, pipeline management, Forma management, or sales meetings drop-ins or calls. I am a hands on learner and think that I would stand to benefit greatly from going to someone else's market to see the model behavior. Right now OT is sending people to my market to watch me, which is good, but in my opinion backwards.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Complete Change since I started

May 11, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great. It is a good company out of college as a first job.

Cons

Salaries are low in comparison to the current landscape. KAYAK runs the show. It is not the same start up company as it was 5/6 years ago, and it is becoming a nightmare. Fearful revenue structure. Not sure how the company is going to make money in the long-run as revenue model keeps getting discounted. Not many career growth opportunities.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great but could be better

Mar 14, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is $17/hour & $19 for bilingual as of March 2022 Phone/Chat/Email For restaurants So far everyone has been pretty helpful. They are pretty understanding. I worked for about a week and had to leave for family emergency. Instead of firing me they let me join the next training class. Good schedule options, I currently have Sat, Sun, & Mon off. You can choose a 30min or 1hr lunch.

Cons

I work 10 hour shifts and only get 2, 15 min breaks and a lunch. Every other job I had has been 3, 15 min breaks per 10 hour shift. Training is 2 weeks then they put you on the floor. I honestly think training should be extended to 4 weeks! Its a lot of information to learn in 2 weeks and I think that's why half the class quits before the second week starts Benefits are decent. No company perks other than a discount at 1 hotel in Miami, Fl There is no Overtime. There is no Bonus Pay

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Work/Life Balance

Feb 23, 2022 - Senior Security Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- There is actually work/life balance here. I can adjust my schedule to accommodate my life outside of work. Kids, doctor's appts, home maintenance emergencies...no one ever gives me the side eye or a hard time. Ever. Plus, we get to work remotely from (almost) anywhere! - I feel valued for my contributions to the company - Benefits are commensurate with other tech companies - I am encouraged to expand my knowledge, and given resources to do so - I get to work on a variety of projects. It does not get boring.

Cons

- We could use some more people, but what company doesn't have that problem?

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Doesn’t pay enough for the micromanaging to be worth it

Feb 25, 2022 - Customer Support Representative in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mostly kind people working there A good job for those who need a bit more professional experience

Cons

Micromanaged by all managers. Daily schedule was so precise it was hard to adhere to— adherence was also a metric used in assessments. Every action you do is timed and if you’re taking longer than they think you should, they will message you to basically tell you to go faster. It was excessive. Remote for most of the pandemic but forced us to go into office July 2021. Got hired on full time from contract and only got a 50 cent raise. Took on a ton more responsibility and didn’t receive any more compensation.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun Place

Apr 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is friendly and it's a fun environment.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about it.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

great place to work, female CEO

Mar 14, 2022 - Lead Creative Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

awesome people. opportunities for travel. flexible work from anywhere structure. great work life balance.

Cons

limited growth after the lead level on the individual contributor track. not as much innovation as other competitors in the industry.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Job

Mar 29, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. excellent for self motivated individuals. solid compensation.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for growth

10. 5.0

My Second Family!

Dec 9, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can choose from many flexible schedules, and they will work with you if something comes up, or needs to be changed. Great benefits for all! The first place that I have worked for focuses on positivity and mental health. Everyone is supportive, and always ready to help you succeed.

Cons

There are a lot of metrics/pillars to hit, and time limits on work done after phone calls. I feel like if there were less, there would be more success and eagerness.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 407 Reviews

OpenTable Reviews FAQs

OpenTable has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 434 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at OpenTable to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, OpenTable employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at OpenTable. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

81% of OpenTable employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OpenTable 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at OpenTable to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with OpenTable Job Seekers