Point B Reviews

Updated May 10, 2021

4.3
Point B CEO Mike Pongon (no image)
Mike Pongon
Pros
  • "Great overall culture, decent work life balance for the industry(in 53 reviews)

• "Great people, one of the best in the industry(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Big internal changes (working through transforming from smaller project management to larger solution based full service consulting firm)(in 7 reviews)

• "No paid vacation, not tons of promotion opportunity(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Great place to work with opportunities to shape your career

Nov 23, 2020 - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome firm culture! Feels like a small firm but with the power and backing of a larger firm. Many opportunities to chart your career path and try new roles within the firm. Lots of flexibility with time off. Very supportive and transparent leadership team.

Cons

Tools and systems may not be as robust as large big X firms

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Balanced Consulting Firm

Apr 29, 2021 - Senior Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work life balance (rarely work over 40 hours) -You are able to progress as quickly or slowly through your career path -Able to choose what you want to specialize in -Excellent culture company

Cons

-Lots of org changes lately

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Point B is a great place to work

May 10, 2021 - Principal in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Point B is a human centered consulting firm with a national presence. Leadership is focused on delivering a high level of service to our clients and caring for and developing in-house talent.

Cons

Like many other companies, we were impacted by the pandemic and resulting economic downturn. The company responded by implementing a new, more streamlined operating model that has resulted in some turnover.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Apr 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, Opportunities to grow, Your opinions are heard

Cons

Working from home is a blessing but also a curse. It's hard to disconnect.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Apr 24, 2021 - Senior Managing Consultant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and people; a lot of learning opportunities.

Cons

The pandemic year was hard

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Great company

Mar 18, 2021 - Data Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and importance of work

Cons

I have no complaints - I love this company!

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Scam - run away

Jan 8, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

None - don’t get scammed.

Cons

Everything. Horrible pay - they very well may be on their way to insolvency since Covid is destroying their business. Associates just babysit Emerging Leaders and in general the firm is just a bunch of wanna be big 4 consultants that could never execute - and they have this Employee Ownership model that is essentially a Ponzi Scheme. The diversity, culture stuff is so fake it’s annoying. They have no IP, lame brand, and weak offerings. Really just a bunch of emotionally charged people who band together to force ongoing sales on their accounts. They are not even good at sales - the whole thing will probably crash one day. I feel the worst for the few smart associates who drink the cool aid and somehow got suckered into accepting an offer. Poor kids - wasting prime years. Bad benefits. Probably worst experience of my life. The people are so fake it’s unbearable. Very little intelligence at this firm. Run away fast don’t get scammed. Surprised COVID didn’t actually out them out of business yet.

10 people found this review helpful

COO

It’s difficult to find the words to respond this kind of post. I’m saddened and disappointed that you weren’t able to find a path forward with your 1:1, your leadership team or me – particularly in a company that takes such specific care in building a strong culture and looking out for its people. We hope you find what you’re looking for in your next role and wish you the best.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The best people in the business

Mar 1, 2021 - Communications Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and experienced colleagues that will bring you along in their success. A true team mentality that focuses on growth and achievement.

Cons

Smaller teams that require more flexibility in roles and opportunities

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A firm feeling it’s way

Dec 11, 2020 - Consultant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture depends a lot by person and I have had very good and less positive experiences. We talk a lot about what we want to be and progress seems to be moving in that direction - more fresh senior leadership and external voices would help

Cons

We talk a lot about who we want to be and it’s taken a very long time to change because from what I see and have heard from before I joined, it’s been the same leadership trying to change the firm. There is a lot of baggage holding the firm back and I am not sure we have the ability to break from our past business of staffing.

6 people found this review helpful

COO

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Growth is critically important to us here at Point B. It’s something we keep front and center so we can best support our people as they continue to meet and serve the ever-evolving needs of our customers. I agree that transformation may not feel fast enough for some, while for others it requires a longer change journey. We need feedback from all of our people as we navigate this change together, so we take your comments to heart. If comfortable please connect with your 1:1 or any other leaders that you could share more details with as I am sure they would only benefit from this feedback and perceptions.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company that puts people first

Mar 4, 2021 - Senior Associate in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Project choice, minimal/no travel, interesting client work

Cons

Minimal career path/advancement opportunities, can feel cliquey

Be the first to find this review helpful

COO

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Growth of our company and our people are critically important to us here at Point B. As the needs of our customers shift and change, so too are our solutions and core capabilities. We’re excited for this evolution as it is providing more and different opportunities for our people to advance their skillsets and grow their careers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews