KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Consulting Exit Opportunities

2m

works at

Point B

Point B is a garbage organization. I need out of consulting!

24 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Point B and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Point B is a Place to Grow, Not Simply Cash Out.

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I left a previous consulting company in summer of 2021 due to a culture of being overworked (60-70 hour weeks at minimum) with little work-life balance and lack of competitive compensation. When I took my position at Point B, I was desperate for having more of a predictable schedule and a company culture that aligned with my values: work-life balance, flexibility with time-off and the opportunity to bond with coworkers to your comfort level. Point B embodies all of that and more. When considering taking a job at Point B, ask yourself if your priorities are as follows: - Having more time to structure your schedule the way it works for you, both with daily schedules and paid time-off. - Getting to know individuals in your area and across the country that are some of the kindest, hard-working yet balanced people you'll ever meet. - Diving deep into meaningful work that is customer-focused and rooted in values such as diversity, global climate action and more. - Working in an environment that fosters and encourages growth both personally and professionally.

Cons

If you are simply looking to take a career in consulting, operations or another department for the money, then consider your options elsewhere. Point B's compensation is competitive, but the pros of working for a company that aligns with your values outweighs getting potential bonuses elsewhere or making an "above-average" salary. Consider your everyday life, not just the bottom line. Point B has changed my life for the better and it could change yours too!

6 people found this review helpful

CPO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are excited to have you as a part of the team and that you feel comfortable sharing your honest sentiment. At Point B, we are committed to continuing to provide opportunities for people to live their best professional and personal lives. We are also excited for our future, and that you will be a part of it!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company!

Jun 8, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, capabilities, and outlook

Cons

No cons of note. Excellent company.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company culture/people

Aug 2, 2022 - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership that really cares about its people and their success and happiness.

Cons

Model of consulting in Covid has made community harder.

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible culture. Core values are just fancy words.

May 17, 2022 - Managing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% benefits paid for individuals and unlimited PTO.

Cons

Complete lack of support from leadership and a terrible operating model. Executive-level consultants are expected to have their own clients while also leading less experienced consultants. Leaders always prioritize clients over their direct employees and employees are left out to dry with missed meetings, lack of direction and no support. Don't believe the hype that this is an employee-first company, especially after being purchased by a PE firm and immediate changes to their ESOP. Favoritism is rampant and new consultants are not given the same opportunities. HR does not understand each state's legal requirements and does not care if you're treated poorly as a consultant by a client. The hiring process is excessively long (2.5 months) and my background authorization took four (4) weeks with me doing most of the legwork for the 3rd-party company. This has been a terrible experience and I can't wait to resign after another opportunity comes through.

11 people found this review helpful

CPO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry to hear about your experience so far at Point B, as it’s the exact opposite of what we strive to create for our people. Please reach out to me directly so I can learn more about your experience and take the appropriate steps forward.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great benefits

Jul 29, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits including medical, dental, vision.

Cons

Recruitment process can be slow.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great interview experience and awesome culture!

Jun 6, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture enables a self-empowering growth journey with seemingly endless resources to propel career growth. A flexible work-life balance isn't just lip service, it's practiced and encouraged from the top-down. The leadership is transparent and supportive. Point B feels like a greenhouse where you're nurtured and your given an environment to flourish!

Cons

Because it's a boutique consulting firm, it has a hard time competing with the pay structures of the larger consulting companies. So the company has had to evolve the internal landscape and culture to be much more flexible than those other firms.

2 people found this review helpful

CPO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate your kind words about work-life balance, leadership support and transparency, and our environment dedicated to growth. As we continue our path forward as a firm, we are confident in our abilities to evolve our culture, compensation and career paths to benefit our employees first and foremost, as well as achieve our upward trajectory with incredible employees like you!

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The PE firm bought you - now listen to them

May 19, 2022 -  in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance Nice people Lots of attention to diversity Good place for early career consultant

Cons

The senior leadership is trying to run a small to medium sized consulting firm like a Big 4 firm, but with very few knowledgeable people to lead the practices. The Solutions group is building dozens of offerings that not more than a few resources will know how to deliver. The real cultural and de facto leader of the firm left when the PE firm bought most of the company. What's left is a bunch of nice overhead people that are in way over their head. The legacy Seattle people still control too many of the decisions and don't listen to the ideas that new people bring in.

10 people found this review helpful

CPO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your recognition of our firm’s compassionate people, as well as our commitments to professional development, DEI and work-life balance. As you know, Point B is in a position to think broadly about our future and with that comes new vision, strategies and change. We would like to hear more about your current experience at the firm and how we can address these concerns. Please reach out to me or your 1:1 directly so we can continue this conversation.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Point B has a great culture

May 24, 2022 - Managing Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Point B has a long track record of a Great Place to Work. Associates are engaged in the firm's success and support one another enthusiastically.

Cons

One attribute of having long relationships with great customers is that associates end up on long engagements. While its not a real "con", if you like a lot of variety of challenges in a short period of time Point B is less representative of this sort of opportunity. To be fair this is changing as time goes on and some projects are structured as solution engagements with a shorter lifecycle.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee

good company

Jul 4, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company to work for.

Cons

unpaid hours of work are expected

10. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great people but pay is stuck in the 90s, levels don't align to industry

Jun 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really lovely, talented people here as coworkers. You can also work remotely from wherever you are in the country. I am grateful I no longer work 50-60 hours/week.

Cons

- Pay is not competitive for consulting and has not kept pace with the market the past 20 years at minimum. Accenture, a large public company (public companies >500k employees are notorious for not being competitive in pay), starts associates fresh out of school with no experience at $120k now as do many of the Big 4, which again are firms notorious for low pay because of their brand name as they're so competitive. Point B does not match the name recognition of those firms but still offers even lower pay. With WLB being prioritized everywhere nowadays and an increasing focus on the employee experience across the board, it doesn't make sense. This is consistently the only part that truly worries me about working here. Lost income opportunity adds up over the course of a career, especially if you invested heavily in your education or if you're building a family or hope to own a house. - Levels and placement do not make sense compared to the consulting industry at large. Deloitte, EY, KPMG require 1 YoE for C, 3 years for SC, 5 years for M, 7-8 for SM (these are consistent bands across all Deloitte and KPMG service lines) yet Point B regularly places hires with 2-8 years of experience at entry-level C and others with comparable experience wherever else. Even MBB (Bain, BCG) firms place people at C with <2 yoe. Not sure why Point B has higher requirements of experience for these positions than MBB/Big 4/ most boutiques and why there is so much inconsistency in placement given individual experience. It definitely makes our recruiting less competitive and we need people. Key takeway: Really tough to demonstrate your true experience against peers and in industry as a professional here and hurts long-term career growth. Point B again needs to align to market at large on pay and levels.

7 people found this review helpful

CPO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Point B’s compensation model is built around our Total Rewards philosophy which is designed holistically to take into consideration our culture and values such as choice, flexibility and employee ownership. Our model directly supports our firm values, and the opportunities we want to provide for people both inside and outside of work. As our firm grows, we continue to take steps to ensure that how we care for our people grows as well, including compensation and benefits, pay equity and career paths. To continue this conversation, I strongly encourage you to reach out to your 1:1 or directly to me so we can continue a path forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 250 Reviews

Point B Reviews FAQs

Point B has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 263 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Point B to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Point B employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Point B. This rating has decreased by -16% over the last 12 months.

84% of Point B employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Point B 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Point B to be senior leadership, career development, culture and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Point B Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Point B? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

Logo

51 days ago

Culture
Today we celebrate Juneteenth, also known as Jubilee Day, Freedom Day or Liberation Day. Juneteenth marks the day in 1865 when federal troops arrived in Galveston, Texas to take control of the state and ensure that all enslaved people knew of their liberation and were freed – two and a half years after the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation. In honor of Juneteenth, our Black Employee Network, one of Point B's employee-led business resource groups, will be hosting a firm-wide virtual cookout this week where all attendees are encouraged to support locally Black-owned restaurants and gather to reflect, celebrate and empower. Our firm encourages all employees and our communities to allow space for honoring the holiday. Together, we renew our commitment to racial equity by showing up for each other, pursuing understanding and accountability by elevating the rich history of our diverse communities.
Shared image

Point B Photos

+ Add Photo
Point B photo of: Learn more about Point B's commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Point B photo of: Point B'ers celebrating being named the #2 Top Medium-Sized Company in Arizona
Point B photo of: Work with people who care as much as you do, and are committed to a healthy work/life balance.
Point B photo of: Discover the benefit of true work/life balance.
Point B photo of: Have the chance to work on and lead innovative projects for industry leading clients.
Point B photo of: Raise awareness for the causes you care about with institutional and financial support from Point B.
Point B photo of: From Point B intern to award winning consultant, Way to go Kelsey!