What people are saying about Point B
Point B is hiring! I can refer you. We have opportunities in consulting across all industries. Healthcare is always a primary focus. If you would like a better WLB while still serving great clients, Point B might be a good place to land. Salaries are decent with the surge in hiring needs. Please DM!
Got a burning question about Point B? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Point B employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Point B has many great people that are very committed to their clients and each other." (in 59 reviews)
- "Also has a great culture and fun events." (in 50 reviews)
- "You can have a great work / life balance if that's what you choose." (in 32 reviews)
- "Great culture, paid for the hours you work, leadership is accessible and transparent" (in 15 reviews)
- "Great colleagues" (in 12 reviews)
- "low pay and a couple hundred dollars bonus for someone well over utilization targets" (in 7 reviews)
- "Pay is not competitive for consulting and has not kept pace with the market the past 20 years at minimum." (in 7 reviews)
- "Low salary, promotions based on tenure rather than merit, changing of the guard is being done with little change management." (in 6 reviews)
- "defined career path." (in 5 reviews)
- "Unfortunately the lack of adaptability resulted in excess personnel and ultimately a very painful layoff." (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Point B and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 319 of over 341 reviews
Updated Sep 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWApr 25, 2023Senior Managing ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Work/Life balance is excellent, the culture is amazing, and the professional support is unprecedented. Consultants get to choose the projects they work on, they aren't blindly staffed. If you want to be in management consulting and be happy, this is a great place to do that. Travel not required and no crazy hours, great people, impressive client base. There isn't a defined career track, you get to set your own career goals, what to focus on, and everyone helps you to work towards those goals.
The headline compensation is naturally a bit lower than MMB-level or even big-4 level. It should be a bit higher to retain talent, but in return you get more strong health and culture benefits, stipends, and the knowledge that you don't need to travel or work more hours than your lifestyle dictates. Also, recently some of the company was sold to a PE firm and there are internal concerns about future direction and priorities, but there have been some favorable management shakeups recently that are encouraging.Point B Response6mo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to hear you've had such a positive experience with Point B, especially with our work-life balance, professional development, and more. We appreciate your perspective on our recent changes and future outlook. We look forward to seeing all that you continue to achieve here at Point B. If you have additional thoughts you would like to share, please feel free to reach out to your 1:1 or me directly to discuss further.
Point B Reviews FAQs
Point B has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 341 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Point B to a friend and 34% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
58% of Point B employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Point B 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.