Point B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point B Interview Questions

Interviews at Point B

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Interview

The Data Warehouse interview was conducted by a single interviewer. The topics covered my background and technical SQL questions. The interviewer gave an overview of the project and took notes concerning my answers.

Interview Questions

• What types of dimensions are contained in a Data Warehouse?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

The process took 3+ months. First, an initial screening phone call. Then they give you a presentation to work on before your first skype interview. The presentation took many hours to do. After the first interview, they give you another presentation to do for your second interview. Everyone was very communicative with me and I heard back fast from them - until this point. After my second interview, it took about 2 months to schedule my final in person interview. The recruiter apologized about the delay and said that I was one of the top candidates. Two days after the in person interview I was told I didn't get the job. Seemed like a really drawn out and intensive process that came down to quick "no". My advice - please update your interviewees frequently and don't tell them that they're top candidates if they aren't.
    ALSO - the "case studies" were nothing like the ones I studied for. They were very very simple.

Interview Questions

Point B Response

Apr 7, 2020 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to interview and write a review. Candidate experience is critically important to us and we strive to have open communication and transparency at each step along the way. I’d like to take the right steps to provide feedback to our team members, please feel free to contact me at recruiting@pointb.com with more information.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews. First, a phone interview with a recruiter that just focused on my previous experience and why I was interested in Point B. Then I had a 1.5 hour phone interview with a current associate. I had to send a deliverable from my previous work experience before the interview. There was also a brief case study where I was asked to list the main phases of an IT-related project for a client and what information I would want to know in the initial meeting. The next interview was a 1.5 hour interview over Skype with a principal and I had to do a one page case response prior to the interview. We briefly discussed my answer and then moved on to several other case studies focused on project management and IT implementation. The cases seemed pretty similar. There were also behavioral questions about strengths and weaknesses and how to handle conflict. All interviewers were extremely friendly and a lot of the discussion was about the culture at Point B and work-life balance. It took almost two weeks to hear back following the last interview and I received a phone call with feedback. It was clear that Point B's focus is on culture/personality and not so much assessing problem-solving through difficult case questions. None of the cases were quantitative in nature or included any questions about strategy. Most of the cases given have been mentioned by others here on Glassdoor. I would advise anyone interviewing to worry less about the cases and focus more on how to be enthusiastic about Point B and why you want to work there.

Interview Questions

• If a deliverable was due tomorrow and the client team member sent it to you late and incomplete, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • What are four or five qualities that are necessary to be a good consultant?   Answer Question
    • What stood out to you when you heard about the culture at Point B?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

I started the interview process via employee referral in October 2019. There was a phone screening, a skills interview over skype call, a deliverable interview over skype video and a final in-person interview. As it continued, they seemed to ramp up in difficulty, with more specific case questions and a request for a deliverable.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your greatest challenge in taking on this role?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Point B in November 2019.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, two follow up phone interviews with consultants with real world scenarios and tasks to complete before hand, third would have been final interview. HR rep was very communicative throughout the whole process

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a client who doesn’t like the work you have done for them?   Answer Question

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

Referred by 2 Senior Internal Company Executives to interview for a position. Suggested next steps never occurred. My take alway is simple, I judge an organization on its ability to function internally. Based on my dealings with this organization it is clear they seem unable to execute on the simplest of internal processes. It’s a classic case on “Physician Heal Thy Self”. If you can’t execute (Internally) on the simplest of tasks why would an organization / client trust you to address / fix their issues? Remember recruiting at a senior level is very competitive. Your fishing from a very small pond and yes we do all share our thoughts and experiences amongst our selves and our clients.

Interview Questions

Point B Response

Jan 23, 2020 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our referral process. Candidate experience is extremely important to us and we strive to have open communication and transparency at each step along the way. I’d like to ensure we take the right steps to provide feedback to our team members, please feel free to contact me at recruiting@pointb.com with more information.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Point B (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I only did the preliminary phone screen, but it was a 30 minute behavioral interview with a recruiter. She was very friendly and asked me typical questions (Why consulting? Why Point B? Time you worked on a team, ect), plus a question on what is a time I analyzed large data sets in Excel. We ended up talking about my Excel experiences a lot which I didn't expect. I didn't hear back in a week and emailed her twice and she got back to me asking to speak to me on the phone, and she just said that I was a good fit culturally but my background wasn't relevant enough. It seemed a little weird because I assumed that they read my resume before they interviewed me and could've decided from that if it was relevant enough? It's nice that she gave me a phone call rejection instead of the typical email format, and she seemed like she actually liked me and was sad to tell me this.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone interview and then follow up call. The company was looking for a specific type of applicant (experience at big 6 accounting firm, out of college recently, person willing to accept lower than average pay).

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about commuting between the boundary of Everett and Olympia.   1 Answer

Aug 26, 2019 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to interview; sorry to hear you didn’t have a good experience. Point B’s compensation model is built around our Total Rewards philosophy which is designed as a package and takes into consideration our guiding principles such as choice, flexibility and owner mentality. We continually look at benchmark marketplace data to ensure our total compensation package is not only competitive and commensurate with the candidate experience, but also supports the opportunities we want to provide for people both inside and outside of work.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Point B (Dallas, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Lots of unnecessary hoops that other companies, even Big Four, don't make you jump through. 2 hour interviews with each person, they actually make you write an essay, etc. Got to the third round before they ultimately decided I wasn't a good fit because I had been with the same client for four years, something clearly outlined on my resume. If that was a dealbreaker, they shouldn't have brought me in for the first round. They don't respect their interviewees' time.

Interview Questions

• A major healthcare client has asked you to assess the possibility of outsourcing their desktop management capability to a near shore location. What steps would you take to conduct the assessment? What’s the general outline of your assessment and what type of information would each section include?   Answer Question

Sep 18, 2019 – National Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to interview and provide feedback. Candidate experience is critically important to us at Point B, and we want every candidate to walk away feeling good about the relationships they built and that the time was well spent, even when it doesn’t end in them joining the firm. We’re sorry to hear that wasn’t the case for your interview experience and are open to hearing more about how we can improve transparency and communication for the future. Please feel free to reach out to us at recruiting@pointb.com with more details.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in August 2019.

Interview

I first had a phone screening via referral from an employee. The phone screen lasted about an hour and then after a couple of weeks, I got an email requesting to schedule to a face to face interview. This was as far as I got. They give you a scenario but because its a scenario with very little details, its difficult to give exact details in the answer and it was very evident that the interviewer was looking for a specific answer to a very vague and general question.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this problem for a client? (They gave me a scenario)   1 Answer