Point B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Point B Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Lengthiest interview process in the world ! I have interviewed even with Apple but even they did not have as many rounds as this company did.

If you dont have prior consulting experience then try to stay away because this could be a serious waste of time ..... !

They took 2 phone interviews, 1 90 minute very lengthy case presentation (which took me a week to prepare) on skype, 1 more on site interview of 90 minutes with 2 more case questions and then they called me to Seattle where they had me meet 6 different people...and then rejected me probably because some of the senior decision makers on the final day did not like me so much & cited the reason as me not having consulting experience....WOW !

You knew all along on the 15 days of mine which you gladly wasted that I dont have consulting experience. Almost felt like asking them to repay me for all those lost days. IF THE DECISION MAKERS DID NOT LIKE ME YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED ME TO INTERVIEW WITH THEM FIRST RATHER THAN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF AN INTERVIEW CANDIDATE LIKE THAT AND WASTING DAYS AND DAYS OF THEIR TIME !!!

Interview Questions

• One lenghty case study ( at least a week to prepare and present) several case questions throughout the interview process.....   Answer Question

Point B Response

Feb 4, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Director

First thank you for your feedback. Candidate experience is critically important to us at Point B. We consider every candidate an opportunity to grow our network and make friends of the firm. We ... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Submitted resume on-line in response to posting; initial telephone interview with current consultant. Very little recognition of my years of experience, treated me like a new entrant. Awkward interview: interviewer was delayed in asking questions while she finished chewing her lunch.

Interview Questions

• Background, prior experience.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point B (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was pleasantly surprised that a recruiter reached out to me within 2 days. We started with a phone conversation to gather information and she shared details about the company, the interview process and answered my questions. I then had two interviews, in which I met with consultants. The interviews were casual and informative with some case questions. The recruiter followed up with me after each interview very promptly. In the end, there wasn't a good fit but I was extremely impressed by the kindness and professionalism of the recruiter as well as the interviewers. This was probably one of the best interview experiences that I've had. I hope to have the opportunity to work with this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your experience; what was your most challenging project?   Answer Question

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Poor and they lacked professionalism. I received a call and then didn't hear back for 3 weeks. The interviewer was weak. I asked a bunch of questions about the role and the company but he didn't seem to know much.

Interview Questions

Point B Response

Sep 27, 2016 – National Recruiting Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. A positive candidate experience, including ensuring candidates have the information they need to make the right decision, is very important to ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

When I first discussed an opportunity with Point B I was very excited about their message. I was told we would move through the interview process quickly, that they had a very transparent process and the four interview process would be two Skype interviews and one onsite for interview three and four. Fast forward five and a half months and three phone interviews later and I received an email that we were not moving forward but I could sub-contract with them. First interview, I literally read my resume over the phone to the associate and then we were done. Second interview was nice, but was just a general conversation, nothing relevant to my skill set or work. Third interview I was asked to answer a question in a single page format. I was asked to explain how I would create a business case for a situation. First the associate criticized me that I did not create a business case, but explained how I would create one, which was the question. After we discussed that I answered the question that was asked she then told me I made spelling and grammar mistakes and asked how I felt about that. There were no mistakes, I politely answered that I must have missed those items and she told me Point B would never send something like that out to a client. There was not a mistake in that document, I reread it after the interview. It seems interview three is either an attempt to gauge how you take criticism or my interviewer was having a bad day. After that interview we never moved forward. Each step took over a month to move forward. I was surprised that their message at the beginning was so different from the negative experience I had through the process. Most of the interview times in the second and third were selling their culture, what made them different, how much people enjoyed their company and how their process was "different", portrayed as better. I never saw their interview process as different or better, I saw it as much less respectful to the interviewee. As to the culture and how much the people enjoy the company, I have no idea but seems odd that a company would have to spend so much time of the interview to push the company message so hard.

Interview Questions

• *We have been asked to help a small brewery located near a large city. Distribution is currently limited to the pub, but they would like to expand distribution into the metropolitan area. How would you design and develop the business case for this expansion?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B.

Interview

I knew one of the Senior Project managers through a project we both worked on... I was told to apply online and it was horrible. Who still uses Taleo?

I spent almost an hour going through their site to fill in my info, the next week we had a phone screen and the manager asked why I hadn't filled in the Taleo profile...

Fast forward 2 weeks of back and forth frustrating experience and I backed out of further interviews.

How can you possibly expect me to take you serious if your company uses Taleo and hasn't fixed the basic functionalities?

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the statistical process to improve logical regression.... pretty standard questions. It was like the guy was reading from a interviewing 101 book.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Point B in March 2016.

Interview

Very well structured and HR person moves you right along in the process. Everyone was very friendly and completely transparent. First was a call with HR, then a call with a senior associate to talk about fit type questions, and then the third was a call with another senior associate that was a bit more technical with a case. Case was very straightforward. I wasn't a good fit because not enough project management experience, but i will definitely be getting back to these guys once i get some more experience. Difficult for me because i didn't have the tangible experience so i could pull out any good examples.

Interview Questions

• HR tells you exactly what to expect, no surprises. key thing to remember is that Point B seems to be a project management shop, and i had more experience with implementation, making it a little bit more difficult for me to answer some of the questions that they had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had previously interviewed with Point B during my MBA, though I did not receive an offer at that time. Despite the rejection, I came away even more excited about the firm; the interviewers were fair, thorough, and transparent. Although the rejection was a tough pill to swallow, it was clear the firm's people first perspective and focus on fit were more than just talk.

After roughly a year working for another consulting firm, I was invited to attend a Point B recruiting event. The evening was thoughtfully planned and provided an excellent opportunity to learn more about the company. There were many Point B'ers on hand, all friendly and eager to share their experiences.

Following the recruiting event, I was invited in for interviews. The conversation was a candid review of my resume and skills to date. There were no surprising questions, though some gaps in my experience became apparent. We had a frank conversation about how my prior work would map to engagements at Point B and the extent to which I would need to seek out development opportunities to close these gaps.

During a later conversation with the hiring manager, we talked openly about what life at Point B was like: mechanics of staffing, evolution of firm culture, development opportunities, and promotion expectations. I felt positively about the conversation and left with the assurance that I would hear within a week.

A few days later, I received a call with the details of my offer. I have now been at the firm nearly a year and could not be happier.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to take a few minutes to walk the interviewer through my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yorba Linda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Yorba Linda, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was extremely impressed by the thoughtfulness of the entire process. Each interview was 1:1 which allowed me to get to know the interviewer much better than had the interview been in a group setting. The entire process was guided by two internal HR representatives who provided me web based resources and were available by email and phone to answer any of my many questions. I accepted the position after the standard 4 interviews and one written case study as described by other posters.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Point B (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for a position via LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter.

Recruiter screening: Pretty laid back. Asked about backgrounds, interests, comp expectations, and went over the interview process, which consisted of 3 rounds and a final in-person.

Interview 1: Skype call - lasted an hour. It was immediately evident that they focus heavily on project management frameworks and the candidate's comfort level with describing them. They evaluated my understanding of PM frameworks and hit me with a fairly easy case question. They were not particularly impressed with my response to the PM framework question because at the end of the interview they made a comment that my case response compensated for my lack of theoretical understanding around the PM lifecycle. Go figs.

Interview 2: Skype call with a manager - lasted 1.5 hours. Very laid back and conversational in nature; there were two case questions in this round. They helped me through a couple points where I got stuck.

Interview 3: Skype call with another manager - lasted 1.5 hours. For this round I had to prepare a one-page written response to a case question of my choice (they give you two options). Interview was conversational in nature, but they made me discuss the logic behind my written case response, and then proceeded to give me three more case questions. The goal is not to arrive at the right answer, but more so to prove your ability to come up with a consistent framework that you use to logically think through each question. I did well, though I felt it was a bit excessive.

On-site: At this point, after successfully completing 7 CASE QUESTIONS, I thought I had it in the bag and that this on-site interview was just a sanity check to make sure I wasn't a serial killer. The final sit-down is with a very prickly individual who studies your every move while laughing at all your jokes (the worst kind). The questions were relaxed but their vibes definitely rubbed me the wrong way. For example, within 5 minutes of conversation, they made a comment that only 5% of people make it to the final round, so that I should feel "proud of myself for EVEN making it this far." Uh? If it only takes 5 minutes to decide whether or not to hire someone, why bother putting the candidate through the pain and agony of 3 ridiculously long rounds of interviews and 7 case questions? There seemed to be a glaring disconnect between this person's assessment of me and the 4 individuals who interviewed me prior.

A week later, I was told I would not be getting an offer, with very little feedback to improve my candidacy for future opportunities.

Overall, a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• 1. A global media company wants to implement an IT solution across their 100 markets and are looking to reduce costs, provide consistent support and improve network performance. What are your recommendations?

2. How would you implement a visitor management system for a global nonprofit?

3. A financial services company wants a holistic view of their real estate accounts to streamline their entire portfolio. What are your recommendations?

4. What would your plan be to roll out a mobile banking application?
      Answer Question