Prosync Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Lessing

"Professional and sincere"

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Ellicott City, MD
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at Prosync full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid culture and cross-communication at all levels. A leadership team that puts people before profit. And an employee owned company!

Cons

Our logo isn't on top of the building yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the moment and don't change the employee-centric attitude.

"CEO MIA"

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Ellicott City, MD
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Prosync full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at the company for about a year, most people don't last much longer than that. While there the atmosphere was always easy going and nothing was rushed making the work very easy and not stressful at all.

Cons

While the contracting world is very volatile and funding comes and goes, nothing excuses the company's CEO from being absent as 18 of his employees receive word that they will have to locate new jobs without any notice. For one week employees were left in limbo wondering if they were going to be allowed back into work and then without notice were all informed funding was not coming. During this time period, the CEO never sent out one email and was not present to provide his condolences.

Advice to Management

Engage employees more post hiring. Sitting around for months without work creates bad habits, sets low expectations, and diminishes morale.

"Happy to come back!"

Former Employee - Analyst in Fort Meade, MD
    Former Employee - Analyst in Fort Meade, MD

I worked at Prosync full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best benefits I've seen in the market. Plenty of opportunities on and off contract. Work hard play hard culture. Good interview follow up.

Cons

Grew too quickly. Lots of up selling and not enough listening. Plays loyalty card to a fault. Interviews based on weak requirements.

Advice to Management

Focus on the people who really want to be there. Spend more time on quality not quantity!

"Excellent company"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Ellicott City, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Ellicott City, MD

Pros

Prosync has been around for more years than a lot of companies in this industry. It conistently growns, which tends to make people that I work with from other companies nervous for their jobs. Evrytime I reached out to management they immediately responded. They also have quite a few social events so tgat we don't feel isolated from the corporate office. Unfortunately, we had to relocate due to health reasons to the west, but I would have continued to work at ProSync.

Cons

Monthly pay vs. bi-weekly. You have to be really disciplined in managing your finances.

Advice to Management

Reach out to those offsite more often.

"Follow up to work there at your own risk"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Prosync full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fully paid health and dental benefits

Cons

The management can't be trusted. Maybe it has changed since I've left there, but the management only keeps a select few in the loop. If you're not part of the "in crowd", they'll do whatever it takes to make you quit or get fired(sidenote: they'll replace you very quickly which makes it seem as if it's a body shop and you're expendable). They foster a toxic work environment where hard work isn't necessarily rewarded, meaning don't be shocked if you see someone who doesn't deserve a promotion receive one there. Like I said, maybe it's changed for the better; one can only hope.

Advice to Management

What could have been a great place to work has been ruined by the management team. The owner needs to clean house before it's too late.

Prosync Response

Feb 21, 2016 – Staffing Manager

We are so sorry to hear you feel this way. Because we have had such turnover in the corporate office, we think you will find ProSync a wonderful place to work. We are excited about the ... More

"You're Fired- Two words to cover up foul play in the corporate office"

I worked at Prosync full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay
    Family events
    Employees of the corporate office who were not management were fun to work with and great

Cons

Management execs sure know how to sexually harass employees and brush it off like it is nothing. There are no ethics in this place of business. Because of their position, a filed complaint magically disappeared from an HR file. This company is beyond ridiculous. Favoritism plays a part in this company. If you aren't part of the "cool crowd" they will make it their mission to say and do things to make you quit or get fired. The turnover rate is very high and you are quickly replaced as if they planned to fire you months before you even catch wind. Leadership says "I'm going on-site." No that is not what happens. They go home, or wherever they choose and avoid work all while milking the clock. Office fraternization is the bread and butter for certain individuals. They cannot be trusted and will make it hard for you to move on after leaving the company.

Advice to Management

Your former and current employees think you're a joke. It may be time to reevaluate your work ethics.

Prosync Response

Feb 21, 2016 – Staffing Manager

I am sorry for your experience. But, I can assure you with all the changes, you would actually like Prosync now!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Prosync full-time

Pros

Great Benefits (full paid Medical)
    Best 401K in the business
    Flex schedule
    Great Management team (all with 3 years at ProSync and 30 years NSA experience)
    Great Education plan
    Awesome chances to move and increase job skill (over 18 contracts)
    PTO Sell back
    Management actually cares
    Good bonuses

Cons

Paid once a month
    401k match done annually

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Great move in November cutting dead weight!

"Circus act"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Prosync full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

14 years as a small business. Name recognition is there. Great IT presence. People working on the contracts are nice. Benefits are great (love the HR manager)! Payroll is always on time. Love the company sponsored trips to atlantic city, boating in the bay, and beers n fears. Also the happy hours during work hours. Loose culture, especially in recruiting and ops.

Cons

Constant rumors of the company being prepped for sale. Paid only once a month. I try to avoid the office antics and thus the management since they do not care about you. They strong-arm you into taking a lower salary or lose your position. They place people with little skills into positions they shouldn't be in. Nepotism and favoritism is prevalent in hiring and management of the company. Never see management make their rounds to off sites.

Advice to Management

Don't get caught in the act.

"Poor leadership; Cannot trust them"

Current Employee - Engineer in Ellicott City, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at Prosync full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy the benefits and the pay is decent. The 401(k) is one of the best around. I like the computer benefit, too.

Cons

Pay once a month. 401k match paid at the end of the year. 1 week limit to PTO carryover. The turnover of management. The new management group is not technical and cannot be trusted. Fraternization runs rampant. The owner has trouble focusing. There have been so many promises and "Rah Rah" speeches that do not materialize. The company seems so lost now.

Advice to Management

Change your ways or your management.

"Great company with personal care"

Current Employee - Senior Sys Administrative in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Sys Administrative in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Prosync full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company so more individual contact and support
    Avid in securing new contracts, both sub and prime, to provide more diversity for employees.
    Generous 401K matching.
    Leave sell-back at end of year.

Cons

Paid once a month
    Can't carry over more than 40 hours leave at end of year.
    Too much employee turn-over