Prudential Reviews | Glassdoor

Prudential Chairman and CEO John R. Strangfeld
John R. Strangfeld

1,513 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

"Director of eMarketing, Digital Strategy & Customer Experience"

Current Employee - Director of EMarketing, Digital Strategy & Customer Experience in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Prudential has many business opportunities within its US Businesses. Commitment to diversity, innovation, development and work life balance is apparent throughout all of them.

Cons

Much like all companies benefits are a huge investment from the employer. Prudential takes benefits seriously and has put together a competitive package for its employees. However, benefits are costly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Leadership is mostly transparent to all levels of employees. Strategy is clear and communication is solid. Leaders of people are encouraged to continually develop their leadership skills. These are the makings of a good company to work for.

Oct 4, 2016 – Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're thrilled you've been having such a great experience working for Prudential!

2. "Marketing Assistant"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Melville, NY

I worked at Prudential part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Prudential provides its employees with an environment of stability, professionalism and knowledgeable people. Most positions here require that their employees have licenses to be as knowledgeable as possible in the field and workplace.

Cons

The job does call for overtime or until the case is closed and licensing renewal/ maintenance is usually required for the position and can be expensive if not covered by your employer.

3. "Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Vice President in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Prudential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training, collaborative culture, forward thinking

Cons

No cons at this time

5. "Financial professional associate"

Former Employee - Financial Professional Associate in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Financial Professional Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at Prudential (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, get the chance to make as much money as you can make. Great benefits and retirement through the company

Cons

Hard to get started. If you aren't comfortable on the phone it's going to be hard to adjust. Requires driving of your own vehicle to appointments

Apr 19, 2017 – Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback, and for sharing your honest and positive experiences during your time with Prudential. We wish you continued success in your career path.

6. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, work life balance

Cons

Long hours but good options to work from home

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

7. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire talented people and nurture them. Great team environment, mentoring, warm atmosphere.

Cons

Silos and resistant to changing market conditions due to the size of the company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "FP"

Former Employee - Financial Services Professional in City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Professional in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Prudential (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ethical and decent company to grow up with, great management team and awesome colleagues. Supportive educational and training system promote professional life much more easy to handle.

Cons

Commission only compensation for starter

"Financial Professional Associate"

Current Employee - Financial Professional Associate in South Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Financial Professional Associate in South Portland, ME

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many pros to working for Prudential...the wealth of knowledge through managers, other advisors, the training team, and the wholesalers makes this career exciting and doable. There is literally no question that cannot be answered...and there are a lot of questions (especially when starting out). As a parent of two school aged children, another pro is having a schedule that allows the flexibility to still be a great parent. Finally, I personally love meeting different people and helping them improve their current/future financial place in life. It is a very rewarding career.

Cons

Everyone is afraid of a commissions based position...I was. Again, when you have the necessary training and people who will work with you every step of the way if needed it allows the commission part to come naturally. In this position my current income is more than it has ever been. My family is feeling the benefits of this income- coupled with my schedule, it is a win-win for all of us.

Advice to Management

Nothing that they are not already doing...continue to provide good training.

Apr 4, 2017 – Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We believe that the collaborative nature of our Career Development Program, robust training offered and opportunity for flexibility are keys to it's success. And we're ... More

10. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Product in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Product in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really looking to evolve process and approaches, always interesting work, very progressive for such a large, older company. If you're a hard worker and really trying to improve the company, management can be incredibly supportive - a lot of them want to do the right thing by their people. Truly hire the best people.

Cons

Some expected culture challenges as the company evolves but even the longer term employees have started to really come around.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on change as a great thing - keep your high standards for finding great talent

Apr 6, 2017 – Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughtful feedback. We're proud to offer a supportive work environment that rewards hard work, pushing the boundaries, and doing business the right way, and we're pleased to ... More

11. "Dedicated Retirement Counselor"

Current Employee - Retirement Counselor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retirement Counselor in New York, NY

I have been working at Prudential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong commitment to investing in it's people and it's technology with a focus on collaboration to increase customer satisfaction.

Cons

Reduce amount of the meetings

Advice to Management

Stay real to the company's values and true to your employee, company is firing on all cylinders

Apr 6, 2017 – Social Media Community Manager

Thanks for the positive review - we're thrilled you're so happy working for us.

Showing 1,513 of 1,648 reviews