Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.7

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The interview was a 30 minute phone call with the division head. It started straight away with him describing the role and then asking me about school, classes, projects, etc. The interviewer was very engaging and we ended up going past the 30 minute mark. He listened intently and when a particular project interested him, he pushed on it.

Interview Questions

• Are there any projects you are currently working on? If so, tell me more about it and what aspects of it you are responsible for, what interests you about it and what was the motivation behind it.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Prudential (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

In Person interview that involved basic background questions then continued onto what the position would turn into. Very nice employee but the position is strictly commission based for up to for years if you're looking for pay directly out of college.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who made the job sound so lucrative. I took a personality assessment and then had my first interview. He didn't ask many questions and told me about the position. The job is 100% commission but when I asked him he tried to talk his way around it by highlighting the percentages I would make from sales as well as bonuses.

Interview Questions

Because they don't offer any base pay. The benefits are really good but if you have slow sales you're literally making zero dollars. You can do everything right and just not have people who want to buy insurance. Sales positions have a very high turnover rate and they don't care about losing you because they will most likely retain the clients you bring in during the beginning.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Referred through a friend. Process was a couple phone interviews then a final in person interview. The job was out of state so I think I had more phone interviews prior to coming in-person than most.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Irving, TX).

Interview

If you know sales you will get the job. This is a commission based job and the turnover is rapid. You will need to be able to pass life insurance, series 6 and series 66 licensing exams.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are pretty standard. If you YouTube interview question on how to respond and what to ask then you should get the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Ontario, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I thought that it was going to be difficult since I have never been in this industry before. It consists of 3 stages. The first one was an introduction with the manager. He/she explains the company, what they're known for, how well they are doing in the industry, his/her background, and what got them interested in this career. It's relieving because they are down-to-earth with you. I was a little cautious because he did mention "commission-only" and that i will have to pay for all the licensing myself. So that first meeting all i could think about was, "am i ready for this commitment?". After you schedule your 2nd "meeting" (not really an interview, per say, because you're really just getting to know each other) you have to fill out a background check online that asks for previous work and addresses from the last 10 years (good luck with that if you're like me who held a lot of jobs from many industries during college and moved around a lot). The second meeting, you are asked to take another assessment that measures your knowledge about a lot of math and critical thinking. He told me that it didn't matter if i got them all wrong, it helps him gauge how much he'll need to help when it comes to studying for my licenses. (I hope that's the case because that test was pretty rigorous, in my opinion). Third meeting was with the managing director. That was the real interview. The two of them then explain compensation. The way they broke down the pay structure makes "commission-only sales" sound less intimidating. Next step is to make sure my background clears, study for the life & health license, and then begin training in the office. Tips: Take some time to reflect after the first meeting. Is this really what you want to do? You're not going to be paid during the training period. You're on your own for the first couple of months. Make sure that you will be dedicated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Prudential?   1 Answer

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and they quickly set up a interview. They sent me a online personality assessment to complete. I went in for the interview and the recruiter just told me about the position.Not too many questions were asked at all.
     It is a sales position. Since you have to get your licenses to sell the insurance, it is a long process which you are reimbursed for after you pass the exams. In the pre-contract phase you are paid about $10 an hour.
    It seemed anybody could get the position if they put the hours in to train. You seem are your own boss really for this job. The opportunity to make money is there, it just depends how much work you want to be put in. The position was not for me, so I am not moving forward with the process.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

FIRST ROUND , HR CALLED , ASKED MY DETAILS , MADE ME DO GATE TEST . NO FOLLoW UP AFTER THAT .Never heard back from them and never received any updates after that

Senior Management Reporting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. After speaking on the phone interview, the next day I was invited for an in person interview for the following week. Was told I did not get the job after over a month of waiting. HR did not answer emails, was totally unresponsive. Terrible and rude HR, would never apply here again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Interview

Scheduled a interview before even sending me the assessment; after the assessment was done then canceled the interview. Before even scheduling a interview should've said after completing the assessment if we believe you are a fit for the position we will then follow up to schedule a interview and not vice versa.