Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2018

2.7

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Very long and arduous process.

The entire process end-to-end took over 4 months and 8 interviews, lots of chasing just to find out that I was not selected. Need to work on streamlining the process.

Senior Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Interview

I applied for a role on the Prudential website and was contacted the same today to come in the office for an interview the following week. Great! The interview was with the hiring manager and someone who would have been senior to me- but not my direct manager. The interview was about an hour, and I really enjoyed it. When I asked about next steps, I was told I would hear something shortly. I reached out to the recruiter the following week who told me initial interviews were still going on, but I would be contacted shortly about setting up a final round interview. Then, silence. I reached out to the recruiter twice, who did not reply to either one of my emails. At such a large company, I would have thought the communication/respect would have been a little better. If the position was filled by someone else/eliminated, just let me know at least....

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY).

Interview

The process dragged on for like two and a half months. I was subject to three in-person interviews and a handful of phone calls (you would think this was a nuclear physicist job for all this hassle). The second interview was down to me and another person and they actually interviewed us at the same exact time in separate rooms. They made a point to tell me the other candidate was being interviewed in the other conference room, so they didn't even try to be discreet about it, which was really tacky. A while after the second interview, I was told they were now also considering me for a different job which doesn't exist yet, and that I would need a third interview. They assured me I was still in the running for the original job but that was probably a lie. However, for the third interview for the nonexistent job, they refused to interview me on-site and we had to meet in a location outside of their office so nobody in the office would know we were meeting- probably the shadiest interview move I've ever been subjected to. Then, I waited over three weeks after that only to find out that I didn't get the original job I applied for and they hired the other person. The bait-and-switch job they said they were considering me for still doesn't exist for whatever vague reason. If you're a serious candidate I absolutely do not recommend applying here- they will waste so much of your time, bait and switch you and treat you poorly. The process was so unprofessional and I am embarrassed when I think about how long I waited, while I probably missed out on a number of real opportunities.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I got an interview invitation (onsite) about a month after online application. Recruiters respond promptly, which was very helpful in my job search. Interview consisted of three one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• What did you like the least about your former employer/boss? What kind of supervisor do you work best with?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I can’t recommend this company to anyone, unless you’re pretty desperate to get a job. If you’re a millennial like me, just keep looking. Management here is going to work you very hard and lock you up in a dingy office with poor technology. The interview process was over 2 months long with 2 phone interviews, a personality assessment online, portfolio review, and a grueling 4 hour in person interview with 4 different interviewers. Scheduling was a nightmare as they insisted I come in on a specific day even though I informed HR ahead of time that I could not. When I arrived at the building, security provided me with an ID tag, but kept me standing by the security desk for 10 minutes without asking if I wanted to sit down. I was shocked to see that the cubicles and offices were so dark and dingy. The breakroom had only an old fridge and microwave. Even the new office plan seemed unwelcoming. The cafeteria was sad, the food poor, and the seating area was very dark. During the interview I was grilled about my personality traits and my job skills. But it felt my interviewers were more interested in talking about themselves, than about the position. I’m a talented worker and very respected at my current job. At the end of this process I was happy I didn’t end up working for Prudential.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

went well . All interviews were by phone. Questions asked where behavioral. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. They were having back to back interviews with other candidates.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

30 minute phone screen followed by two one-on-one interviews with VP's. After succesfully passing the VP round I was invited to the super day where I met everyone in the office (8 person office)

Interview Questions

• From a lenders perspective would you rather be invested in forest products company that owns land and trees, selling them as a commodity, or a saw mill company that turns trees into usable boards?   Answer Question

Prudential Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prudential in May 2018.

Interview

Only had a phone interview that went well, we discussed my responsibilities at work right now. Also talked about what jobs I had in the past. we are trying to set up a face to face interview soon

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Bad experience - had numerous conversations and meetings. Was told one thing - then in the end they misled. Was told what a great fit I would be and how they would teach me anything i didn’t know in a week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

It was good. They were all pretty nice and wanted to learn more about you. They asked basic cultural fit questions that weren't too hard to answer. They just want to look for those who are motivated to work for their company.