Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2018

2.7

Agency Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

2 interviews first one with director of recruiting and managing director second one with management I was actually insulted by the recruiting director after the MD left the room for a few minutes she told me she likes to keep it real that I'm just a candidate and she doesn't have one year to train me after that she decided to hire someone that worked part time as an intern for a few months that just graduated college and that had previously worked at Pizza Hut for the position.

Interview Questions

• Since the you have two
      Managers over you in this position what would you do if they asked you to do conflicting tasks?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

lengthy, testing for aptitude, personality, likely hood of success in business, , 2 interviews. For me it was pleasant. I believe it has changed considerably. College degree necessary, licensing necessary. Selling necessary

Agent Interview

Interview

There was a personality test. Many of the questions could easily be guessed as to what the right answer would be.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could have any job no matter the expense what would I choose?   Answer Question

It is really a commission only opportunity and I needed a salary.

Agent Interview

Interview

Group Hiring Process. A lot of time selling the company. Utilized a screening software to determine if someone was aggressive enough. Everyone was very cordial and high energy. The Interviewer did make a point to everyone to discuss this opportunity with their spouse and how important it was for a total commitment. Also indicated that there was about a 90% drop out rate within a year.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the financial backing for the building phase.   Answer Question

No Salary and did not have monies set aside for the building process

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Paramus, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

long and detailed. first interviewed by manager & then the MD. Very thorough interviewer and clarification of training & hiring process helped in making final decision-though it was long. Glad when the final decision was made by both

Interview Questions

• why this company & INDUSTRY   1 Answer

Negotiation

GOOD OFFER, NO NEGOTIATION NEEDED

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential in August 2015.

Interview

Great experience. HR was on point. They called and emailed to keep you abreast of the status and next steps. If I emailed a question, typically I received a response within 3 days. I spoke with approximately 7 people in total and the overall process took nine weeks. A personality test was required and then I moved to the "final" stage per the HR rep which was an interview with the hiring manager's manager. I was told they hired internally for this position, but hope other suitable positions will open up as I had a great experience. It's so nice to see that Prudential has a streamlined interview process.

Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter specializing Communications and HR recruitment for the firm. This recruiter was extremely unprofessional- no call at the agreed time, I had to email her to see if we were still connecting. She called immediately (at which point it was almost 10minutes late), didn't apologize for lateness. On realizing I had an accent (British) she proceeded to grill me about my ability to work in the US, despite explaining to her that I was eligible to do so through access to a work permit. Overall, incredibly unprofessional, she had poor listening skills and we didn't even discuss the role. This was months after my original application was submitted.

Interview Questions

• As above, the recruiter was not interested in me as a candidate and only in my ability to work in the United States- which I assured her I did have.   Answer Question

Pension Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Get a introduction phone call first from HR, then had 2 phone interview with 2 program managers, they are all very nice and focused on my previous experiences.The interviews took a total of 30 minutes.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Prudential (New York, NY).

Interview

I got in touch with a representative at a career fair and expressed my interest in joining. I got a call from a director and an SVP about two or three weeks later. First round was a phone interview with basic private placement understanding questions. No real curve balls. About two weeks later got invited to super day in NYC. Again, very fair interviews, met with the entire office leadership. Seems like it would have been awesome to work there.

Interview Questions

• None really. Everything was pretty straight forward. If you understand the basics of financial statements and how they all tie together, you should be fine on the technical questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ).

Interview

One phone interview, several in-person interviews with people in the group and other groups. Friendly process. They are focused on finding the best fit for the company and most of the questions are related to that. Very few technical questions, but that will depend if they can guess your technical skills from previous jobs and resume.