Prudential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prudential Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Interview

Very long drawn-out interview process. I had multiple interviews for one position and had received positive feedback after each and then never heard from anyone again. They seemed professional at first but having to ping multiple times for follow up was not professional on their end.

Interview Questions

• They ask a number of behavioral based questions first and then you are asked to present to current employees about the company as if you were already working there, knowing all the in's and outs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential (Portland, ME) in June 2017.

Interview

One in person interview with manager. Took about 30 mins. It was pretty basic questions about background and past work experiences. The interviewer was very nice. He seems to be a person who cares about his employees and the customers of Prudential.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to use your skills to solve a problem ?   Answer Question

Financial Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

Phone interview, with a follow up in person. Was informal, on a Friday. Shadowed an employee post-interview. Was not asked if wanted tour of rest of office. Interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you are not good at in the office environment?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

The interview process took 4 months. The HR Recruiter seemed professional at first but that quickly changed. I interviewed with a total of 8 people over the 4 months. I had very good feedback. The time that elapsed between my last interview (final round) and the decision being communicated was one month and I only got a response after repeatedly asking for an update and then letting them know I received another offer. The HR Recruiter said she contacted me a few days prior and left a message yet I could not find a single phone call from her on my phone bill. I will not consider or recommend this company for employment based on their lethargic processes.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      2. How do you handle a non performing employee?
      3. Tell us about yourself.

There was a list of questions that Prudential gives all managers.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is multi tiered, a total of 3 interviews, one with a recruiter, then with the director and then the director and two managers. Very simply questions, personality based. Post communication is somewhat lacking.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put two colors together what would it be?   1 Answer

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who made the job sound so lucrative. I took a personality assessment and then had my first interview. He didn't ask many questions and told me about the position. The job is 100% commission but when I asked him he tried to talk his way around it by highlighting the percentages I would make from sales as well as bonuses.

Interview Questions

Because they don't offer any base pay. The benefits are really good but if you have slow sales you're literally making zero dollars. You can do everything right and just not have people who want to buy insurance. Sales positions have a very high turnover rate and they don't care about losing you because they will most likely retain the clients you bring in during the beginning.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Prudential (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy and Quick. Two interviews in one . Once you are completed with the first person they will ask if you have time for another one . Hiring managers are really nice and easy to converse with

Interview Questions

• What is a characteristic about you that is underrated?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential (Mountain View, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me after I applied for the software engineer position in the new Mountain View office. A phone interview was set up with the VP. She seemed nice and it was overall high level discussion of my experience and the position. She told me that this position needs working on the Angular js technology which is a front end technology. She asked me to come for the onsite interview and the recruiter scheduled the interview. When I went for the onsite, the first guy who was supposed to interview me arrived late. He kept looking at my resume and asked me what position I had applied for. He even asked who I spoke to on the phone. He seemed totally unprepared and was not friendly at all. He asked me some java questions and then he said that looks like I am not a backend person and the next people to interview me are all backend people. He started to scare me saying it will be brutal if I do not know backend. I told him that in the phone screen we discussed that it was a front end role but the position said software engineer. He said he will look for someone on the frontend side when he realised I have more frontend experience. I kept waiting inside for sometime. Then they sent a frontend engineer who seemed friendly. But since he was not scheduled to interview me, he seemed very unprepared. He asked me a few questions.
    After that he said he will grab the next person. But he came back saying that no one else is there and that I can go back and the recruiter will reach out to me for the next steps. This was the worst experience ever. I took a day off at work to attend this interview and they did not have anything properly planned for the interview. I was also told that the hiring manager was out of town and they all looked very confused. Also, I never heard back from the recruiter. Such a waste of time. Very unprofessional.

Senior Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prudential (Newark, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick turnaround, since I had a competing offer. Initial phone interview with hiring manager. Asks about previous work experience, why Prudential, how you work in a team environment vs working individually. Week later asked to come in person. 30 min interviews with hiring manager, team director and 2 other actuaries that collaborated regularly with the team. Overall was a great process, ask straightforward questions. Be ready with 3-4 stories that show teamwork, leadership capability, presenting actuarial concepts to non-actuarials and success/failures. They won't give you accommodation if you are close to tristate area.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deliver quick and also be detail oriented.   Answer Question
    • Give example of leadership experience.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you were able to present a difficult subject matter to an audience that was going to hear about it for the first time. (Give examples from past experiences)   Answer Question
    • How do you manage time when under pressure?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prudential.

Interview

There are 3 interviews. The first one is with the Recruiting Manager. The second one is with the Manager with tests. The last one is with the panel which has 3 managers and directors.