ReadyTech Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Oakland, CA

I worked at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No drama or politics at the lower levels
    Very cool coworkers
    A lot of freedom not much micro management
    Relaxed management. Do your work and you will be fine
    Netherlands office (chance to visit for work)

Cons

No tiers in support dept.

Advice to Management

Keep exploring the work remote option. Reward the proven staff to allow them to work from home. If they are going to do the work in the office, they will be the same at home.

"Nepotism at It's Best!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time

Pros

The locations in Alameda and Oakland are perfect for the East Bay professionals. Lots of eateries popping out in the area. More tech employers popping up.

Cons

Management has high nepotism. They favor those who have a personal relationship with them. What is odd is that these are folks in in sales, market, and admin. Aren't we suppose to be a tech company?

Advice to Management

They will not listen. Open ears turn to eventual etaliation.

3. "My fellow colleagues are on Glassdoor?"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's hard to describe the positives of this company. I guess if you are located in the northern part of East Bay, this would be a stepping stone to other companies within a year.

Cons

Not sure where to start since my colleagues have stated all the truth and obvious. I'm still shocked that there are so many of them on Glassdoor. I should have signed up for this long ago. The leadership here is extremely selfish in accomplishing what's best for their own interest. There's a rumor that half of us will be outsourced to Ukraine and the Netherlands.

Advice to Management

They appeared to listen but little action has been done.

Nov 30, 2016 – Director of Finance

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to better understand why you feel leadership is selfish. Our goal is to make the best business decisions that will ensure the ongoing success and growth of... More

"Company driven more by Micro Management, Owner Politics, and Admin Staff. Glassdoor reviews don't lie!"

Current Employee - Development Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Development Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech part-time

Pros

Software company that is situated in Oakland and Alameda. Close to where I live in the East Bay. Pleasant hard working colleagues and customers.

Cons

If you are a developer or designer, this is not the company for you. Readytech is very driven by owner politics, micro management, and most puzzled of all by the Admin/Marketing/Sales Staff. If you don't believe this, just look at all the honest reviews on Glassdoor from the Tech Staff. Positive ratings are only from finance, sales, and marketing folks. They treat tech folks like second tier staff even though we put in the long hours of development, QA, and tech support. They even attempt time after time to rate them high on Glassdoor, but the tech staff refuse to.

Advice to Management

They are slowly outsourcing tech projects to the Ukraine. They will deny this and keep the political positive spin through the administration/marketing/sales staff.

Nov 30, 2016 – Director of Finance

Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to better understand the source of your frustration. You say "ReadyTech is very driven by owner politics, micro management, and most puzzled of all by the... More

"Unique company in edtech niche with leading online training software"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm part of the sales/marketing team, so my feedback is only based on working with this team.

- It's cool working for a company that powers the online training programs of amazing companies like Google, Esri, Tableau, Johnson Controls, FICO
    - Flexibility around your role; people with initiative, curiosity and drive will thrive here
    - Ideas are pushed forward on merit ... no company is perfect, but ReadyTech is more merit-based than other companies I've worked for
    - Transparent and no-nonsense culture, great if you have a "let's get it done" attitude
    - Well-run and conservative with regards to finances; aggressive and innovative with regards to product development and technology
    - Great mix of junior, middle and experienced people - so new ideas are mixed with established norms
    - Great location in Uptown Oakland within 5 minutes of public transport, restaurants, bars, Lake Merritt, Whole Foods
    - Generous retirement plan at 33% 401k match with no cap
    - Work-life balance is encouraged and generous

Cons

- If you need structure and a well-defined box, you could struggle at ReadyTech because of how rapidly things change
    - Lots of tech companies moving to Uptown Oakland, so the easy parking and low(er) costs might not last

Sep 6, 2016 – Director of Finance

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the positive feedback! If you think of anything we can do to make it a better place, let me know. Amanda, Director of Finance... More

"Cannot stay silent any longer! Resigning soon!"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is quiet. It is located in the good part of Oakland. Near startups for other opportunities when it's time to leave ReadyTech!

Cons

Management is not loyal despite what the director and owner convey! It's all talk when they recruit you. My friend and colleague worked here for 4 years as the designer. He made a couple cordial feedbacks to management on employee benefits and they unexpectedly escorted him out the next day. They outsourced his duties overseas to Ukraine. How's that for loyalty and open door policy for you? Don't worry....by the time you found out who wrote this. I'll be out of here!

Advice to Management

There's no advice. They just fired someone who has been loyal for 4 years and outsourced his duties.

Aug 1, 2016 – Director of Finance

When the colleague you refer to left the company, I sent a candid company email explaining the reasons behind the decision. It was in no way related to any feedback this person gave to management... More

"Friendly, relaxed environment. Interesting work. Always something new to learn."

Current Employee - Director of Finance in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Finance in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a small, successful, growing company with lots of interesting and complex projects to work on. There is always something new and interesting in product development. You get the excitement of being in the tech industry but the security of working for a company that is stable and profitable and has excellent work-life balance. I get to work independently and take initiative. I feel free to speak my mind and receive honest feedback.

Cons

If you are not comfortable working independently and speaking up for yourself and your ideas, this might not be the place for you.
    On the other hand, if you are creative, confident, persistent, logical, adaptable, always learning - you will likely succeed here.
    We certainly have opportunities to improve, and I am personally committed to making ReadyTech an enjoyable, fair, place to work, where everyone has all the tools they need to succeed.

"Readytech is an awesome place to work and friendly people and a great atmosphere."

Current Employee - Accountant in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of the best places I've work for. Everyone here is no stick in the mud. Very chill people but are still very professional.

Cons

If you like to work for a company that makes you work like a robot maybe this isn't the place for you.

Jul 5, 2016 – Director of Finance

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We are glad you enjoy working here. My door is always open if you have suggestions, ideas, or feedback. Amanda, Director of Finance... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable and profitable company located in a very convenient location in hip uptown Oakland. Good work/life balance with an open door culture. They have 401K matching and profit sharing.

Cons

Not a good place for people that prefer to work for large corporate companies.

Jul 5, 2016 – Director of Finance

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We are glad you enjoy working here. It's true, we have a handful of employees, myself included, who have experienced large corporate companies and... More

"Great people, great product, great work-life balance"

I have been working at ReadyTech full-time

Pros

The people here are extremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is business like, but relaxed. Everyone seems to enjoy their jobs without a lot of drama. Management is extremely focused on quality of life for the employees, which is rare these days. Happy workers make for happy customers, overall a great place to work.

Cons

The parking situation in downtown Oakland is getting pretty crowded - come to work early! . Could get even worse when Uber moves in down the block!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jul 5, 2016 – Director of Finance

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! We are glad you enjoy working here. I agree the parking can be a challenge, we are putting together a list of nearby lots and rates for new... More