Realogy Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Realogy Chairman, President & CEO Richard A. Smith
Richard A. Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work life balance is truly a healthy environment for today's workers (in 19 reviews)

• Very good benefits and employment training (in 12 reviews)

Cons

"Best Employer I’ve Ever Had"

Current Employee - Front End Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Front End Engineer in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Realogy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is welcoming and friendly, people care about each other. Everyone is very positive and loves coming to work. Management is hands off, giving teams autonomy.

Cons

Some of the hardware used is a little outdated, such as low resolution monitors or older laptops.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

2. "Integrated Auditor"

I worked at Realogy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Team, Great environment, and work life balance

Cons

not that many technical trainings.

"Title Examiner"

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have a lot of flexibility in my role and no one micromanages me.

Cons

This year they took away 5 of our vacation days for some payroll adjustments. I seriously think it's ridiculous that they would steal from us like that. Also, they have the worst health insurance and it's being turned into an HSA next year which is way worse in my opinion. You have high co-pays and with the small salary they pay you it's worse. Also, I have worked here for a few years now and they have yet to give anyone a raise. If you get sick and it's too early in the year, you have to use vacation time to get better and they won't let you use your sick time to make up for that. I feel like this company doesn't care about its employees at all. Last year, we got a "bonus" for Christmas on a gift card and we had to pay for the visa gift cards/taxes on it. It was like a slap in the face.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you. Give at least cost of living raises so your employees don't have to worry about how they're going to eat because they can't make it paycheck to paycheck.

"Nice place to work (with it's issues)"

Current Employee - Manager in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time

Pros

It is great place to work. People are very nice. The culture is very warm, receptive and inclusive. Mid-level management is understanding and you have a sense that they have your back.

Cons

Bonuses / raises aren't fair across the brands/corporate.

Cafeteria is a bit overpriced. Employer doesn't subsidize lunches.

This may seem petty, but to me it is important. There are not many options for afternoon coffee. You are forced to drive 10-15 minutes away or use the coffee machines in the pantry. I am used to having quality coffee /snack options at my other employers for the afternoon pick me up.

Dress code and culture is a bit dated for the modern corporate world.

No Holiday Party.

Advice to Management

Try to compete better for the young talent. Address the overall culture challenges as mentioned above.

"Maybe beyond saving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work life balance. Some coworkers

Cons

NRT IT is a mess and it starts at the top. Constant infighting. Leadership has no idea how to run projects or make software. They try to make everyone feel incompetent and inferior. Always micromanaging and giving wrong and ever changing direction.

Advice to Management

Replace Leadership and start over. Let the people do their jobs. Pay mor than the 1.5% raises you have done for the past 10 years.

"Stay away completely, or use them to find another job elsewhere."

Former Employee - Video Producer in Madison, NJ
    Former Employee - Video Producer in Madison, NJ

I worked at Realogy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ample parking and working bathrooms. The company overall is actually a good one and is full of really great people - but as in many places of employ, everything depends on where (and for whom) you work.

Cons

The two and a half months I spent in the 'ReaLearning' group at Realogy was the worst professional experience of my career. The group had no leadership and/or direction, nor any real idea what it was doing...ironically they were tasked with teaching others how to do their jobs. I still chuckle at that.

I should have known things may be amiss when I learned that my hiring manager had already given their notice and was on their way out the door on my very first day - unfortunately I didn't recognize that as a giant red flag and gave it my best shot, only to realize what a mistake I'd made.

When a company goes out of it's way to boast about how great their 'culture' is, you can be sure it isn't.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize a Texas con man before you put 'em in charge of other people, or just continue to allow the fostering of a toxic environment where few are happy and watch as people leave for other more positive environments where their talent, experience and work ethic are welcome and appreciated.

7. "Managing RVP"

I have been working at Realogy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fortune 500 Company that seems to be focused on solid principles.

Cons

A large company is not for everybody

Advice to Management

The focus is finally correct in they understand their overall purpose

"Fast Paced Company"

I worked at Realogy full-time

Pros

Benefit package is goodand many divisions for growth opportunities

Cons

Vicious in the way they treat their employees.

"Great company"

Pros

Great company to work and pay

Cons

long hours, management could use some polishing

"It's a paycheck"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Realogy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice people, tries to be welcoming to diverse backgrounds and cultures.
    Good amount of holidays off with some bonus days and early closings.
    Adequate options for health insurance (though that may change going forward into 2018).

Cons

This year they decided to take away 5 days of our vacation as well as a week's worth of pay (we'll theoretically get it if/when we quit), using a "payroll consolidation" excuse.
    They don't give bonuses to non-exempt employees. Also, be sure to negotiate your salary to something that is livable and high enough to match 10 years of inflation… Because you will never ever receive a raise. This is company-wide. I personally have spoken to several people and they all have been with the company for countless years and never received an actual raise, just minimal "living increases" which don't come close to matching inflation.
    This year we have quarterly reviews on top of annual reviews, which we have to write ourselves. Makes sense for those with pay based on performance, not so much for others. Waste of time and effort - would rather spend time actually doing my job and get feedback on the fly.
    Unless you are at the headquarters in NJ, you may not get representation for departments like HR.
    Too many managers, not enough effective management.
    There's a One-company mantra, but really there's a huge company-culture split between NRT, Realogy, and smaller branches when it comes down to it.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites with people. Take HR complaints seriously. Stop reorganizing every time there's a new CIO, CFO, etc with an "idea". We seriously have no idea half the time who anyone reports to.