What people are saying about Scripps Health
San Diego, CA
Am a new member on this group and looking for recommendations to get an executive health or a physical done. I have had some blood work done earlier but looking for a thorough check, and one that ideally accepts PPO insurance. The Scripps executive health looked comprehensive but seemed quite expensive at over 2K. FWIW. I have a subscription service to a Physician Practice but am looking for something more. Areas could be Inland San Diego near or access to I 15 but will travel for a good one
Hey everyone, is anyone working at any Scripps ICU facilities as a RN? I am really hoping to know what I should expect, in terms of pay/working condition/culture of the unit. My goal is to work in the cvicu. I am planning to advance my career sometimes in the future, how long did it take you to get your ccrn? Also, what kind if icu do you best recommend to really learn medicine? Any advice/thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Could anyone refer me to any of these companies? Please DM me if so! Acuity insurance SAS Edward Jones Wegmans Food Markets Inc Camden CHG Healthcare Baker Hughes Scripps Health Marriott International Hilton Hyatt Hotels Corporation CarMax Cisco Arnold & Porter General Mills Meridian Wellstar Health System Inc. Nordstrom Starbucks Workday Rocket Mortgage, LLC Orrick Cooley LLP Plante Moran Intuit Red Hat Dropbox genentech Synchrony Credit Acceptance Goldman Sachs HubSpot Oliver Wyman
Got a burning question about Scripps Health? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Scripps Health employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits were good when it comes to seeing movies before release and little fun things here and there." (in 197 reviews)
- "Good pay (If you are SSRS meaning you have to switch locations and Shifts every 3 months)" (in 78 reviews)
- "Great people works here and very professional" (in 68 reviews)
- "Coworkers were great and tried to care about doing the right thing." (in 41 reviews)
- "The staff is great here" (in 41 reviews)
- "Poor management up the chain." (in 73 reviews)
- "HR and the managers don't care because if anything goes wrong than the nurses are the ones thrown under the bus." (in 30 reviews)
- "leadership and management was poor with high turnover rate" (in 18 reviews)
- "Upper management didn't do anything about it." (in 15 reviews)
- "based was really based off favoritism" (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Scripps Health and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,331 of over 1K reviews
Updated Sep 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 5, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee
Many locations including 5 hospitals and additional clinics. Good health benefits. Good investment opportunities. Competitive pay. Employee free parking provided
Scripps employee discounts could be better. Needs better education reimbursement and scholarships opportunities.
- 1.0Aug 26, 2023PharmacistFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsSan Diego, CA
It's a hospital close to downtown San Diego.
The Manager is a joke and cares only about himself and does not know how to manage. I gave 8 months advanced notice of a vacation and 2 weeks before the vacation the joke of a manager denied it with no notice. This clown had 8 months to get coverage and failed. This happens every year amd not matter how much notice you give the clown still manages to screw you over. I was hounded by him one time when I needed some time off because he thought I was looking for another job. HR has their lips surgically attached to colon of management and there is no worklife balance. Every week my "schedule" drastically changed making my home life suffer and causing dangerous situations on the road and needing to sleep for a couple days just to try and get back to normal for the next drastically different shift. I had covid and told not to come to work until the quarantine was done so I was no longer contagious, I followed their instructions and then I was given a bad annual review where they said I was one of the biggest users of PTO amd that's frowned upon. Less pay most other hospitals. I could go on but I think the point has been made.1
- 4.0Aug 15, 2023Registered NurseCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Diego, CA
My co-workers are awesome, fun people to be around. Supportive environment with strong teamwork. Management is accommodating with time off. Management is supportive when issues arise. Great benefits
Pay could be better compared to other hospitals. Management is eager to add new quality improvement projects, but they rarely remove them. Management micromanages charge nurses to micromanage staff nurses.
- 3.0Aug 8, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLa Jolla, CA
I loved the team I worked with at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and truly felt I had found a family of amazing nurses, docs, and support staff. Fantastic support, teamwork and commitment to patient care.
Upper management at Scripps is focused first and foremost on the bottom line; unit management plays a lot of favorites and is inconsistent at best. Employees are all replaceable, turnover is high, experienced RNs do not get paid what they deserve, or even comparable market rates. Nurses at Scripps are currently trying to organize a union to address multiple ongoing issues -- management is engaging in dishonest, manipulative union-busting tactics. Disappointing but unsurprising.
- 3.0Aug 20, 2023Certified Nursing Assistant CNACurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLa Jolla, CA
1) good benefits such as discounted health care, sick pay, paid-time off, Hazzard pay and depending on your performance annual pay increase (0.25 cents to a dollar) 2) nice co-workers 3) clean location with lots of supplies to do your job well 4) ability to make a difference in someones life 5) ability to pick your own schedule with 90% acceptance rate from managers
1)you can get floated to other floors and or departments. 2) low paying profession. Although it is better than most CNA positions at nursing homes, for the work we do its still low. ($20 an hour to start) I worked there for 4 years and made it to $23. You hit your max at $25 no matter how many years you work there. 3) physically and mentally draining job. You can have up to 10 patients when there are staff shortages . But we have an average of 8 patients daily. Assignments are balanced for the RNs not for CNAs so sometimes you have heavy assignments sometimes you have an okay day depends on your patients and team. 4)RN Nurses there are not very helpful. Most of them are either socializing, shopping on their phones or have poor time management that they can't finish their tasks or pass meds on time so they claim to not have time to help you. 5) you do get rude ungrateful patients and family members. Not every day but it does happen and sometimes its just too much to deal with. You must have thick skin. 6) parking is far and your only allowed to park in C structure. Plan at least 10 minutes walking from your car to the clocking in phone. 7) mandatory monthly learning and refresher LMS videos on how to care for patients and handle diseases. Constant learning new things new tools new products. You Must read, speak ,write in English as there are annual employee reviews we must type about ourselves and other staff members. Essay length and yes its annually!
- 3.0Sep 11, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsLa Jolla, CA
Great benefits and great pay scale for RN’s
Poor administration and toxic work environment
- 4.0Sep 8, 2023RN Labor and DeliveryCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSan Diego, CA
Good pay. Very good company to work for. Lots of training and support.
Benefits are a little expensive
Scripps Health Reviews FAQs
Scripps Health has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,391 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Scripps Health to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
71% of Scripps Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Scripps Health 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.