KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,454 of over 1,856 reviews

3.7
Singtel Group CEO Kuan Moon Yuen
Kuan Moon Yuen
Pros
  • "one of best good work life balance(in 113 reviews)

• "Comfortable working environment with new things to learn(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No work life balance but I found balance through my colleagues turned friends so it's ok(in 73 reviews)

• "no work life balance, have to work extra hours(in 39 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Smart

Nov 28, 2021 - Associate Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will find out can learn a lot of things and smart working environment.

Cons

You won't regret about become a singtel staff.

Director People Experience

Hi there Lovely to read of the pros that you have listed. Please stay safe and well!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Micromanaging leader

Nov 22, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice and supportive colleagues that are willing to help - Good tech stack - Good bonus depending on performance

Cons

- Pay is not at par to the current market rate for software engineers. - Recent leaders lack emotional intelligence and empathy with the team's needs and are not open to feedbacks. Be prepared to be reprimanded if you are giving feedbacks and comments that are against their plans and initiatives. - Leaders that mastered making nice powerpoint presentations than actual technical mentorship and direction. - The company's work culture used to be "Work smart not hard". Now it's the other way around - "Work hard not smart", where quantity of work matters than value even at the cost of your personal time. - Prepare yourself from juggling to a lot of tasks from someone thats breathing down your neck. - No more work-life balance - it used to be really good. - Politics is rampant.

4 people found this review helpful

Director People Experience

Hey there Thanks for your comments. It’s lovely to read of the pros you have listed that includes good bonus, supportive colleagues amongst others. I totally agree that colleagues play a really important factor that makes many of us stay and deliver as a team! For the areas you have listed in the cons, I do want to say you have really pointed out several great reflections! I may not be able to fully address them as some of them are rather contextual to your immediate work environment but I do want to iterate that they are really important points that we must address in order for us to improve as a team. For a start, I have noted the reflections and will capture them and have them discussed during the review of Glassdoor feedback. But I do also want to encourage you to proactively make the effort to feedback to your leaders and/ people managers as we can only improve if we talk about it openly. After all, every single one of us play a role and contribute to the culture we want to cultivate in the company. As for leaders who fall short, if it is possible, do consider finding a way to give the feedback to them. Your feedback might possibly raise to their awareness a potential developmental blind spot to them and would be beneficial for their own reflections and development. Thank you once again and please keep well and stay safe!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing techstack in mobile engineering

Oct 17, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing tech stack in mobile engineering, React Native, Kotlin Multiplatform, etc - Highly encouraged and motivated by manager to engineer software rather than just focus on delivering features - Diverse people with different background and experience help bring great ideas to the team - Following some of the most best industry practises in UI like Microfrontends, etc.

Cons

- Sometimes, timelines are not flexible and developers are required to work overtime on weekends - DevOps team acting as DevBlocks. Development team should own their DevOps, but in Singtel, a separate team manage DevOps, which leads to bottleneck and sometimes, are the most difficult people to deal with.

Director People Experience

Hi there, Thank you for sharing for comments here. Appreciate it.

4. 5.0

Good experience working at NCS

Nov 17, 2021 - Ops Support Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good telco benefits and plenty of leave days alloted.

Cons

Far distance to NCS Bedok as I live in the West side.

Director People Experience

Hey there, Lovely to read your comments and that you are having good experiences in NCS! Can see that NCS’s recent business transformation gaining great momentum and support from team NCS! Keep it up and stay cool!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Overall good company or work for

Oct 31, 2021 - Associate Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Willing to compensate for valued staff

Cons

A lot of changes in the organization, uncertainty. Top down approach

Director People Experience

Hi there Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the company! Much appreciated! Please take care and stay safe.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

For the High Achievers

Nov 2, 2021 - Planning Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning repository and professional certifications can be used / taken to aid with the technical aspects of the work Softskills can also be developed with everyday work

Cons

80:20 you'd have to work past working hours as additional work just stacks up unknowingly. No time to do self-paced learning within working hours

Director People Experience

Hi there, Thank you for your comments. All the best in your endeavors.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Rebranded: Take the challenge and innovate

Sep 24, 2021 - Project Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Energy is high. Not short of things to do and explore. Good training programs and learning opportunities. People are helpful and friendly, most are also very passionate about work.

Cons

Normal challenges that comes with a big organization.

Director People Experience

Hi there! Thank you for your comments. Indeed, I agree with you that the energy is high and that there’s plenty of opportunities to learn and to explore. And yes, as in all big organisations, we do have challenges that we will have to deal with. In this regard, I glad to see our management giving the attention to review and to improve things. Having said that, as leaders ourselves, let’s also join in and be part of this wonderful team to make our company a place for great work! Please stay safe!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice place to work and very stable Organization

Jul 29, 2021 - Enterprise Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the oldest and trusted brand in the region Vast diversity in Technology, right from core Telecom, network, ICT, cloud, 5G, micro finance, IOT and what not Appetite to imbibe in new digital growth avenues Very encouraging to see investments being made in Geo expansion to other regions outside SE Asia

Cons

The overall organizational change process is a bit slow to adapt Need more lateral hires, fresh blood within the organization Leaders need to focus on retention of skilled resources Moreover, rest is for you to find

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Analytics Manager

Aug 1, 2021 - Lead Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company Culture is good The team will get a lot of training and support The resources are entertained to grab a lot of opportunities

Cons

People staying longer are not benefited financially Project switch is not easy when you are a key resources in the project

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Positive work environment

Aug 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, supportive environment, pleasant colleagues, work-life balance, organised and clear directions

Cons

No real issues so far

Director People Experience

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback! Lovely to know that you found your work interesting and the environment supportive. These are certainly important to help us deliver great work! All the very best! Please keep safe!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,454 Reviews