Found 8,205 of over 9K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Standard Chartered Bank
Asset / Investment Management
7 months ago
BNY Mellon | Pershing
Any insight into Chartered Bank? Anything good or bad to point out about the company? A recruiter reached out recently for a senior trade support role. Salary looks great and it’s a fully remote position so getting ready for the first round of interviews next week.
Got a burning question about Standard Chartered Bank? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Standard Chartered Bank employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low salary and difficult to get promotion" (in 213 reviews)
- "Stock outlook is doubtful and strategy change/restructure management is poor." (in 196 reviews)
- "Extended working hours" (in 164 reviews)
- "overloaded and had a bad manager" (in 103 reviews)
- "long hours and changes in compensation" (in 75 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Standard Chartered Bank and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Senior Legal CounselCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Excellent benefits, people, work-life balance and collaboration
Competitive comp with annual opportunity to increase
- 4.0Oct 18, 2023AML InvestigatorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNewark, NJ
Challenging work which will keep you busy
Prior unit had deadlines and peaks and valleys in work load.
- 4.0Sep 17, 2023DirectorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Benefits are good. 28 days PTO for Director plus 8% match on 401K
No raises. Company does not give annual raises. People will go 3-5 years before you get a raise of ~2.5%
- 5.0Sep 19, 2023Client Delivery SpecialistFormer Employee
Varied industries exposure Client interaction and relationship building Problem-solving and project management skills Team collaboration
High-pressure and stressful situations Possible travel Irregular hours Performance metrics and targets
- 2.0Sep 27, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
- large budgets - no performance ratings, so people can get away with mediocre or even no work if they are able to stay under the radar
- Lack of psychological safety (at all levels of the business) - lack of accountability for performance standards - its based on popularity and what certain influential people "think" (and then everyone follows blindly without logic or fact checking)3
- 3.0Oct 11, 2023Compliance OfficerCurrent EmployeeNewark, NJ
401k can’t be beat. Wfh for my team is great
You have to apply / interview for promotions. You won’t get it if you’re not a “favorite”. Multiple intenses of people with less overall experience, less time at the bank, and less production getting promos over more qualified / deserving individuals.1
Standard Chartered Bank Reviews FAQs
Standard Chartered Bank has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 9,181 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Standard Chartered Bank to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
78% of Standard Chartered Bank employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Standard Chartered Bank 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.