Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Standard Chartered Bank

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Was called in for an interview a day after applying on the company's website. It took 4 interviews in one day and 1 interview a few days later. No difficult questions - two of the interviewers seemed not experienced enough in either interview process or specific position i was applying to. Overall, it was pleasant and relaxed.

Negotiation

No negotiations. Offer was "take it or leave it".

Associate Interview

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. Met with a manager and went through previous job experience on my resume. First met with a recruiter, basically went over my resume. Second round met with a corporate senior staff, dug into who I really was and what my goals were.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you came into during the last job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Mostly informal, one team leader interview, one team panel interview, one senior Director interview. Most technical questions ended with the first 2 interviews. Last interview was more of a cultural fit check.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this subject?   1 Answer

Lawyer Interview

Interview

The interview process is involved but not excessive. Met with the people on the team I joined. Quick and painless. Internal referral helped but was not required. Key is to know the institution and have a positive and energetic attitude.

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South China, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (South China, ME) in April 2013.

Interview

first, I was interviewed by a team leader. She just asked me some very basic questions. Then I was interviewed by the department head. She asked questions as follows: why do you choose Standard Chartered? what is your career path? Do you have any banking operation experience? Lastly, I was interviewed by regional CFO. It was a group interview.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was alright. It was a panel interview where 3 or more people interview you and ask about your professional experiences. So far, they were very polite and be very confident.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Study very hard and be confident

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

fast , professional hiring process..recruiter contacted me.feel they want to fill the role as soon as possible(maybe its contractor job). no pressure with interview questions. regular interview question, but all behavioral, not tech skill interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Newark, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online while submitting my application, 3-4 days later I received an email to discuss with the human resources personnel to conduct phone screening. We discussed an appropriate time to speak over the phone and rely my work experiences. I was asked about reasons to leave my current employment, if I had a fixed salary amount to consider, and when I could come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about my work experience, current projects I've worked on, my background.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Personality Test, Logical reasoning test, numerical test, Pre-recorded video interview, about 1:30 min each. Nothing too unpredictable, know why you want the job, why you're a good candidate, etc.

Interview Questions

• Logical, Numerical, both timed. Pre-recorded video interview, about 1:30 min each.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

it took about thirty minutes and just some basic questions that you guys can find on the Internet. Just relax and answer according to your own experience , but actually I am a finance mayor student but I applied for the tax intern job just because I got a refer from someone working in the company .

Interview Questions

• why do you think you are the best choice for the job?   1 Answer