Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Standard Chartered Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

LOAN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Terrible and unprofessional. I had an interview with them yesterday and everything went well. I scheduled an on-site interview with them within two business days time. The next day the recruiter says that they want to wrap it up today. It is very difficult to prepare for an interview with 2+ people in less than 24 hours. Rushed decision, very bad impression of the company. If they were making decision on Friday they shouldn't have been interviewing Thursday. Absurd.

Interview Questions

• How good are your excel skills?   2 Answers

International Graduate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

6 steps: 3 tests( logic, verbal, behavioral) , video interview, HR skype interview, and MD interview.
    It was a smooth process. Still in process of Step 5. The HR called and seems to be very kind.
    the logic and verbal tests are a little bit tricky

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

fast , professional hiring process..recruiter contacted me.feel they want to fill the role as soon as possible(maybe its contractor job). no pressure with interview questions. regular interview question, but all behavioral, not tech skill interview.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website and a few days later they got back to me with an online personality assessment test. Then I moved on to an analysis test and math assessment test. Got back to me within a day about results.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was alright. It was a panel interview where 3 or more people interview you and ask about your professional experiences. So far, they were very polite and be very confident.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Study very hard and be confident

International Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

- 6 components: personality test, logic/patterns test, math test, recorded video interview, phone interview with HR, on-site interview with MDs
    - You have about 5 days to complete each component
    - HR was very nice and helpful, and so were the MDs
    - Very personality-based and fit-based
    - Very open communication throughout the process

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied on the website, the process took a week. First will be the online test, if you pass that, you will be invited to future steps, including a video interview.

Associate Interview

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. Met with a manager and went through previous job experience on my resume. First met with a recruiter, basically went over my resume. Second round met with a corporate senior staff, dug into who I really was and what my goals were.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you came into during the last job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Financial Markets Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process consists of multiple rounds, including a video interview and in-person interview.The first round before formal interviews consists of a battery of tests, including a general behavioral assessment, as well as numerical and abstract reasoning examinations; did not pass.

Interview Questions

• In what situations would you defer responsibility to your supervisor?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Standard Chartered Bank.

Interview

Long process. A lot of online assessments added with a virtual interview before the HR and final interview. The HR lady is very responsive and the interview questions are not really challenging.