Steritech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rich Ennis

Pros
  • Create your own schedule, company vehicle you take home daily (in 21 reviews)

• Gas Card; Pay is better than average for Companies in the same Field (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance to speak of (in 11 reviews)

• some days long hours and no breaks (in 12 reviews)

1. "A Great Company"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers and managers are wonderful

Cons

Pay rate changed from salary to hourly

Advice to Management

Go back to salary

"The fat lady is singing"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Steritech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Too many cons to really even think of the pros.
    Free car and gas......Not a very nice car and it hurts my back.

Cons

The other reviews are right. It's all downhill since Rentokil. Days got longer, pay stayed the same. Our bonus caps out at 10% of our salary BUT 10% IS UNATTAINABLE! What a crappy bonus, just 10%?

I make the same as I did when I was an assistant manager. Boss keeps telling me I dont get paid for doing certain tasks.

Rentokil has divided us by denying our annual reunion. They say its a cost cutting decision. But its not.

I agree, no ladder to climb at all. Thats why middle management and field specialists are quitting. This year will set a record for turnover.

Advice to Management

My advice to everyone. If your thinking about leaving. LEAVE. Our best people quit already.....Do you really wonder why they left? When the other side of the fence actually has grass to stand on and your in the mud. The choice is clear.

"Stressful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work by yourself...pay is decent..thats all. Ummmmmmm thats about it....no other thing i can say

Cons

Last minute changes, no life....The Richmond branch sucks. They dont care about there employees. No support in the field until a customer has a problem then your the worst tech in the world. MANAGEMENT SUCKS! Management shows favoritism. You never get your chemicals on time. THE VIRGINIA BEACH AREA SUCKS! Them guys over there never has help, i asked to help them out once and they said the "black guys" over there can handle it..sounds racist to me. They have one guy going from Carolina to Virginia and he screams out he cant handle it and they ignore him. Im glad I quit.

Advice to Management

Try to fit in our shoes!!! If you have specialist that are leaving or quitting maybe its not the specialist!#!

"Quality Management Specialist"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company car, flexible scheduling. Support at the district level is excellent. Frequent travel opportunities. Free CP-FS credential. Guarenteed overtime pay each week under new federal law changes. Daily and weekly diversity. Paid for drive-time now.

Cons

Bumpy year with the acquisition. High turnover resulting in long weeks of work with too much travel, causing additional turnover. Last minute changes in schedules around the holidays asking people to not take vacation.

5. "Great people and learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people and top-notch training. Everyone there truly cared about the customers and did everything in their power to delivery on their promises.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, company was sold by the owner-that is why I left.

Advice to Management

None-it has all been restructured since my departure

"I liked working here before it became Rentokil"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Steritech full-time

Pros

Coworkers are very supportive. Great commraderie. Direct supervisor looked out for his people.

Cons

Management is changing. Lot of growth in a short time is difficult to manage.

Advice to Management

Rember your people are your greatest assets. Take care of them.

"Lies and broken promises"

Former Employee - Service Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Service Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company vehicle company phone your own work schedule at times ongoing training working your own hours and company paid uniforms

Cons

Underpaid overworked no social life ever The company promise you the sun and the moon but never deliver on the promises management it's corrupt no room for advancement under paid been with the company 6 years nothing has changed putting people in place that don't belong there bad management to say is top^of the cons They cut back overtime cut out production bonuses so basically you're working a 40 hour week but it seems like you're putting in 80 hours to run you into the ground like a plow Horse stay away from this company at all cost is much better out there

Advice to Management

Appreciate the work and talent that the technicians put forth for the company don't make promises you can't keep I don't think just because your management that you're better than the service technicians.

"It used to be a great company"

Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Southeast Owasco, NY
    Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Southeast Owasco, NY

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Independence, some autonomy. Average benefits for a company of its size

Cons

Everything Has Changed. We used to deliver a technically accurate and rigorous assessment. Not anymore. Since the acquisition, culture has changed. It is very impersonal. Worst of all, the new company has taken what was a professional position with extensive training and professional credentialing, and reduced it to a blue-collar, hourly position. In doing so, they changed everyone's pay rate. Now, if you work at least 5 hours of overtime every week, you can still make the same amount of money. But, your base pay has still changed. Everything in this world is based upon your base pay. Car loans, mortgages, everything. There are so many other arguments against what was done. The position used to be something to be proud of. The company used to be a phenomenal place to work. The pay was never that great to begin with. However, until the acquisition, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Not anymore

Advice to Management

I think it's too late for advice to management. Steritech has been sucked into the big machine otherwise known as Rentokil. What used to be steritech is gone. It's tragic and sad

"Company cuts pay from salary to a reduced hourly pay!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job. The world is changing. Used to be many. Most importantly you felt appreciated and treated and valued as a peer.

Cons

Over the years it has been all takes and no gives. Benefits that used to be part of you salary are no more. Paid medical now cost the average single employee over $200.00. This use to be 100% paid. Your annual salary has now been converted into a reduced hourly wage to compensate for 5 hours of overtime per week. If you were earning a salary of $30,
    000.00 per year for 40 hours, approximately $577 per week or $14.42 per hour, your new hourly wage would be the $12.15 hr. or a salary of 486.00 per week unless you work over time of 5 hours and receive over time pay of $18.22 to bring you back to your original salary of $577.00 per week. At the very least a person making $30,000 for 40 hour week will now be earning $25,272.00 a year for 40 hours, a reduction of $4,728.00 a year. Over time hours are the key. Now if you work more than the 5 hours of OT, you need permission from your district manager or be written up.
    The bonus incentive plan will be revised. I'm sure it will not be worth the paper it's printed on.

Advice to Management

You place the blame on the law which is supposed to protect workers and yet you see it as an opportunity to take advantage of the law and your employees by lowering their pay and making them work harder for less money. Good for company profits in the short term, for labor costs, but I see sales profits plummeting. You can't have high profit earnings while having low moral and no incentives to complete client demands. You can't have it both ways or can you? We all want Steritech to be profitable, but we do not want to financially pay the consequences. We need to be compensated. Its not just about the shareholders, but it's about the one's that are depending on their mothers, fathers and spouses to help pay the mortgage, utilities and food they provide. No one is asking for more, we are just asking that you stop taking away from our benefits and earnings while the company continues to make millions and billions of dollars each year.

"Down Hill Fast"

Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety) in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety) in Washington, DC

Pros

Company Car and Gas Card, More autonomy than a standard desk job, decent pay

Cons

This company was sold last year and has been on a steady decline that has accelerated quickly in recent months. This job requires lots of nights and weekends and travel time that you will not be compensated for. Your quality of life will be poor particularly if you have a family. No work life balance to speak of. Vacation days have been cut (hope you like working on the Friday after Thanksgiving), long standing company events have been suspended. But you can count on getting patronizing weekly "motivational lecture" emails from the higher ups who aren't out there grinding away and are almost always home in time for dinner. There is talk about safety first in meetings but you quickly learn the true concern is whether or not your work was completed, not your well being. (You've been working 13 hour days for 2 weeks straight? Great, more revenue for us!) The independence and flexibility that attracted people to the job are long gone. They micromanage every aspect. The vision of conducting true quality assessments is lost when it becomes clear that the real goal is for everyone's numbers to be right down the middle.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people or spruce up your resume. The company won't survive if it doesn't return to its fundamentals.